Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chairman Capone posted:

Turns out the conspiracy leader is the OSS agent that Mulder met in 1939 from Triangle.

Every "conspiracy" show should probably just end with the main character being shaken awake by Terry O'Quinn yelling, "WE'RE STILL ON THE ISLAND, JACK!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Austrian mook posted:

Its cool everyone thinks thwy know thw direction of the show and are bitching about it from the first episode. gently caress off

Yes it is cool for people to discuss a show, especially the episode they just watched, and their opinions of it, that IS cool.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
We seen aliens other than the bounty hunters before, like that grey that played baseball.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Like I am just going to assume we are done with bounty hunters and black oil but aliens are still going to come into play and its going to be a grey race or whatever.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

SouthLAnd posted:

I've only watched Millennium in its entirety when it first aired, but I remember liking it a lot.

Specifically, Lance Henriksen being awesome, the haunting and beautiful opening theme, and the episode Somehow, Satan Got Behind Me (which is awesome).

The series is worthy of a viewing independent of The X-Files.

Lance Henriksen was awesome, the theme was awesome, and that episode was awesome but man, referring to it as a "series" is almost misleading. It was almost like three barely connected one-season shows.
The first season had potential which was totally wasted by making it Chris Carter Leaden Drama about serial killers that got old and dreary really fast.
Then it got weird and great.
Season 2 had an episode which featured a psychedelic freakout montage to Patti Smith's "Horses."
The whole thing. When I first saw it I thought "interesting choice, I wonder how they'll edit the song." But they didn't. Season 2 of Millennium had an episode with an entire act consisting of a freak-out to the whole, unedited, Horses/Land/La Mer(de). I should mention that this was a Morgan and Wong script, and it was clear that they had no belief that the show would be renewed so they just let it all out.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
oh poo poo I had no idea the second episode is airing tonight 1/25. I knew it was moving to Mondays but thought it was going to be next week.

RugClockVexx
Aug 15, 2008

Stultus Maximus posted:

Season 2 of Millennium had an episode with an entire act consisting of a freak-out to the whole, unedited, Horses/Land/La Mer(de). I should mention that this was a Morgan and Wong script, and it was clear that they had no belief that the show would be renewed so they just let it all out.

I remember seeing this and thinking, "I have no idea whats happening... but I love it." I think I was a bit too young to fully appreciate the show, as I was in high school at the time. Season 2 and 3 were sadder too, if thats possible. So depressing and worth watching, ha

I liked the first ep, it felt exactly like watching an episode of the X-Files. I'd like to agree with the sentiment that its too early to be upset about the whole series being retconned thing. This show is all about deception and smoke and mirrors. I'm 88.7% positive Joel's character is a red herring to some degree and what Mulder/the viewer thinks is off. Although Chris Carter did make it up as he went along so lets hope he learned something from it.

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

So why is it only 6 episodes anyway

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Nail Rat posted:

How did THE GUVMINT fake the giant ship in Antarctica?

Just watched the episode this afternoon and I'm quoting this from like 10 pages ago because THIS is the one thing that annoyed me both about last night and anything past Fight the Future when they tried to pull "it was never aliens, Mr. Mulder". You went onto a giant ship in Antarctica, saw aliens hatching out of people, and then the WHOLE THING TOOK OFF. You can have some end run around other random cloak and daggers, but come on.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Ramadu posted:

So why is it only 6 episodes anyway

Cheaper and the actors have zero interest in doing 23 episodes a year.

vseslav.botkin
Feb 18, 2007
Professor
Did they throw out the aliens completely in later seasons? I quit after Mulder and Scully stopped being regulars. That makes zero sense.

AvidAcid
May 30, 2004

oh christ

Stultus Maximus posted:

Lance Henriksen was awesome, the theme was awesome, and that episode was awesome but man, referring to it as a "series" is almost misleading. It was almost like three barely connected one-season shows.
The first season had potential which was totally wasted by making it Chris Carter Leaden Drama about serial killers that got old and dreary really fast.
Then it got weird and great.
Season 2 had an episode which featured a psychedelic freakout montage to Patti Smith's "Horses."
The whole thing. When I first saw it I thought "interesting choice, I wonder how they'll edit the song." But they didn't. Season 2 of Millennium had an episode with an entire act consisting of a freak-out to the whole, unedited, Horses/Land/La Mer(de). I should mention that this was a Morgan and Wong script, and it was clear that they had no belief that the show would be renewed so they just let it all out.

The last scene of the Season 2 finale with Jordan laughing at Frank's hair after Catherine's death and the "apocalypse" is one of the grimmest ending scenes to a show ever (if you ignore the fact that there was a Season 3). So good..

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

vseslav.botkin posted:

Did they throw out the aliens completely in later seasons? I quit after Mulder and Scully stopped being regulars. That makes zero sense.

Season 8 was pretty myth arc heavy, especially compared to 6 and 7, and mostly dealt with Mulder's abduction and Super Soldiers (alien terminators). As for season 9, I can't think of any myth arc episodes aside from the Seinfeld-esque finale.

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005

vseslav.botkin posted:

They mostly stuck with aliens. It shifted a bit into Mulder and Scully's son being Jesus 2.0 who would stop the invasion (somehow) and the black oil got replaced with more crudely augmented super soliders as the aliens plan B. Also if the super soldiers got near magnetite ore they would spasm and hilariously fly into cliff walls at like 80mph.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Castor Poe posted:

Season 8 was pretty myth arc heavy, especially compared to 6 and 7, and mostly dealt with Mulder's abduction and Super Soldiers (alien terminators). As for season 9, I can't think of any myth arc episodes aside from the Seinfeld-esque finale.

There's a handful but they deal with Scully's kid IIRC.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

J33uk posted:

They mostly stuck with aliens. It shifted a bit into Mulder and Scully's son being Jesus 2.0 who would stop the invasion (somehow) and the black oil got replaced with more crudely augmented super soliders as the aliens plan B. Also if the super soldiers got near magnetite ore they would spasm and hilariously fly into cliff walls at like 80mph.

My decision to stop watching after season 6 has been reaffirmed.

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

TMMadman posted:

Watching X-Files with no lights on
We're dans la maison
I hope the Smoking Man's in this one

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Welcome to night two my friends.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
You know how the alien resistance looked like people with weird makeup covering their eyes/nose/ears?

Maybe the simplest answer is the right one! :tinfoil:

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Oh poo poo it is Lucas! He's from the future!

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I really liked Doggett and am sad Robert Patrick said No to another appearance. The show around him was bad, but I liked Patrick's performance.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Daaang Sanjay

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
:stare:

Fossilized Rappy
Dec 26, 2012
poo poo, that was a far more compelling opening than episode 1. Things are looking up already!

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
That was awesome/gross

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

This feels much better. This feels right.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

Chief Tyrol pulling a fat Apollo.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Did we skip an episode or what.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Aha! Google DOES exist!

Transistor Rhythm
Feb 16, 2011

If setting the Sustain Level in the ENV to around 7, you can obtain a howling sound.

Makes perfect sense that this was originally the fifth episode. It just feels right and comfortable and "mid season" in the best way.

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008
yikes

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

AHHHHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

He wants spookys package

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
So will Mulder have a beard again next week?

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mulder wants to believe (that he's not gay)

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!
Suck yo dick.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
Nice sound effect.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

B-Mac posted:

Suck yo dick.

Thank you, come again.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Hahah nice Ford advert.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Maybe he will have a Budweiser™ in the fridge.

• Locked thread