Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zoux
Apr 28, 2006

muscles like this? posted:

Lucifer starts tonight on Fox. Man, it just looks like they've completely wasted an interesting premise.

It's so bad I can't believe it's not on NBC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

GreenNight posted:

I have a feeling it'll go the same way Minority Report and Almost Human went.

How dare you mention Minority Report in the same breath as the criminally under-appreciated Almost Human?

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I actually thought the Lucifer pilot was ok but it did nothing to make me want to actually watch the show. It's like someone thought that the problem with a typical Sherlock Holmes archetype is that he's just not smug enough.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
lucifer is like someone saw god cop from 30 rock and thought 'yes, this...but the opposite'

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

quote:

The return of "The X-Files" on FOX proved a ratings smash for the network with the premiere episode pulling in a 5.1 rating and around 13.5 million viewers in Live+Same Day figures

Geez. I highly doubt that'll keep up tonight.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

raditts posted:

The meta-joke about it on last week's Supernatural is probably the best thing that will come out of it.

What was this?

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

My DVR says American Dad season 11 starts tonight.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

What was this?

Lucifer was like "what you expect me to move to LA and help solve crimes", essentially.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

GreenNight posted:

Geez. I highly doubt that'll keep up tonight.

I wonder how much of that was football overrun.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

sbaldrick posted:

I wonder how much of that was football overrun.

Yeah pretty much. Sort of like Colbert will get majorly amazing ratings post Super Bowl.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Woody Allen cast Miley Cyrus for his Amazon show.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Seems that Corey Hawkins, most recently seen in Straight Outta Compton and The Walking Dead, has been cast as the lead in the new 24 Spinoff.

http://deadline.com/2016/01/24-legacy-corey-hawkins-cast-male-lead-jack-bauer-straight-outta-compton-1201690060/

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

zoux posted:

Lucifer was like "what you expect me to move to LA and help solve crimes", essentially.

Oh, Lucifer is back? How did that happen? Is it worth watching again, or?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Back? It's just premiering. The pilot leaked last year but it's just now on TV.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
He means the character on Supernatural, who was put in a big "never ever escape" box and hasn't really been on the show in years.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

PriorMarcus posted:

Oh, Lucifer is back? How did that happen? Is it worth watching again, or?

Weirdly, this season is the best since season five. In fact it's fifth (or fourth?) episode was one of the best episode of TV I saw last year.

E: in fact I'd encourage anyone who is a lapsed fan to track down "Baby", it's like the platonic ideal of a Supernatural episode and it barely references the season's overall arc. It's great and reminded me of all the stuff I loved about the show when it's on top form.

zoux fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Jan 26, 2016

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Fooz posted:

My DVR says American Dad season 11 starts tonight.

So not worth the wait. You'd think they've have put a little effort in their extra long break but nope.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm surprised how entertained I am by Lucifer so far.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

zoux posted:

Weirdly, this season is the best since season five. In fact it's fifth (or fourth?) episode was one of the best episode of TV I saw last year.

E: in fact I'd encourage anyone who is a lapsed fan to track down "Baby", it's like the platonic ideal of a Supernatural episode and it barely references the season's overall arc. It's great and reminded me of all the stuff I loved about the show when it's on top form.

For the uninitiated, that episode's gimmick is that it's shot entirely from the interior of their car as they tool around a small town hunting a monster. It's done really well.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

So if they keep things up it looks like Lucifer just might be a show that transcends the format.

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Mu Zeta posted:

Woody Allen cast Miley Cyrus for his Amazon show.

Didn't it come out that this guy was a child rapist? How is he still getting work? Furthermore, how are people still accepting work from him?

Can't criticize Cyrus, ship has long sailed for that.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I'm enjoying about Lucifer is that he isn't hiding the whole "I'm the devil" thing at all. Also wondering if lady cop is going to be the show's version of Elaine Belloc.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

One thing I'm enjoying about Lucifer is that he isn't hiding the whole "I'm the devil" thing at all. Also wondering if lady cop is going to be the show's version of Elaine Belloc.

Yeah, I really enjoyed the way they went about that. It's not "oh man, is he actually the Devil?", it's "what is the Devil doing in LA?" and I think that's a pretty interesting premise. Also helps he's really entertaining. Not sold on lady cop yet, but they're pretty fun together.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
was there any difference between todays episode and the pilot that was leaked last year?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

So if they keep things up it looks like Lucifer just might be a show that transcends the format.

Get the gently caress out of here. Seriously? It looks so so so bad

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
The leaked pilot was aiight, will it be cancelled... for sure. Will it actually suck... who knows. Place your bets.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

blue squares posted:

Get the gently caress out of here. Seriously? It looks so so so bad

Like, the actual plot stuff is nothing to write home about but Tom Ellis (Lucifer) sells the hell out of his part.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Gilmore Girls update: somehow I finished the entire first season in a week. I loving hate Tristan and he is a creepy sexual harasser. But Max and his proposal is the best

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

They're showing some hockey thing which I guess is a local thing. gently caress hockey.

No, gently caress you

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

e; nm

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

blue squares posted:

Gilmore Girls update: somehow I finished the entire first season in a week. I loving hate Tristan and he is a creepy sexual harasser. But Max and his proposal is the best

Tristan: Hey Mary. :smug:

Rory: *is too polite to say gently caress you*

he is definitely one of the weaker parts of early Gilmore Girls. I don't know what they were trying to do with him.
also Chad Michael Murray was not a very good actor. I think he has either improved somewhat since, or Agent Carter has just found the right way to use him.

Fooz
Sep 26, 2010

You guys say that every show is good and I don't like it. I can barely get myself to watch the shows I already like, let alone new poo poo.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Lorelai ran away from the rich life but she always dates the super rich guys. Interesting.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Fooz posted:

You guys say that every show is good and I don't like it. I can barely get myself to watch the shows I already like, let alone new poo poo.

You've Got Mail is one of my favorite Tom Hanks Meg Ryan rom coms

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Fooz posted:

I can say some shows that are bad.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Mu Zeta posted:

Lorelai ran away from the rich life but she always dates the super rich guys. Interesting.

a) Max is not rich
b) You just spoiled that they won't be togetha 4 eva!!!!!!!!! jerk

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Do you not see the sexual tension in every scene she has with Luke

Vodos
Jul 17, 2009

And how do we do that? We hurt a lot of people...

karrethuun posted:

was there any difference between todays episode and the pilot that was leaked last year?

They've replaced the detective's ex-husband, didn't see any other changes. Only skimmed through it though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Good to see Mulder's tailor is still kicking...!

RYAN ROBBINS!

X-Files is kicking goals today

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Aphrodite posted:

Poor Josh Lyman got himself autobanned trying to make an OP for it.

He must have used the HOT tag.
That's exactly what happened. I've been a member since 2003 and never used it before, so it didn't even cross my mind that it could be a problem. Worst part is I lost Platinum and Archives. :smith:

I should have gone with FLAME. :negative:

• Locked thread