Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
To the pure, all things are pure indeed :chanpop:

e: drat it

china bot has a new favorite as of 00:44 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

china bot posted:

mods please change my name to "real anal rescue"

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Never had :wtc: been more appropriate.

Sir Nose
Mar 28, 2009

George Clinton put together Funkadelic in the late 60s as Parliament's backing band. Parliament albums would have Funkadelic guesting as the musicians, Funkadelic albums would have Parliament guesting as the vocals. The whole crew would tour as Parliament Funkadelic. Then it gets more complicated. To keep this from becoming a complete derail, here's a funny picture of George Clinton:

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

china bot posted:

Please tell me more.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Thought this had to be a photoshop so I looked it up to be a buzzkill. Turns out it's real.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I love when I get to these questions in Akinator. I always think I can trick it and then the next question is something like this.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

projecthalaxy posted:

I love when I get to these questions in Akinator. I always think I can trick it and then the next question is something like this.

:stare: I had no idea what this thing was and decided to try it. Picked a real person, which the genie clarified early on, but it started asking questions like "Does your character use matter distortion?" and poo poo. Then out of the blue, it just asked "Is your character a sniper?" Which he was. And that was all he needed to know that I picked this guy.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

CaptBushido
Mar 24, 2004

this was Shrek wasn't it

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
Hah, got him! He confused Andy Millman from Extras with Fat Bastard from Austin Powers.

Which is actually pretty appropriate for Andy's character.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It used to pick Lowtax pretty easily, haven't messed with it in awhile.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

CaptBushido posted:

this was Shrek wasn't it

http://i.imgur.com/tCKm3IK.gifv

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

He asked a bunch of weird poo poo about beards and baking bread and still got Bernie Sanders. I think I answered one question about politics.

loving wizards.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Jeepers this thing is some voodoo. Never actually heard of it before.

EDIT: Managed to win with John Carpenter (the director). It guessed David Lynch, then Jim Jarmusch, then John Williams, then Lloyd Kaufman. It got hung up because I know that Carpenter has a rock band he does on the side for farting around with, but has released several albums.

Choco1980 has a new favorite as of 05:08 on Jan 26, 2016

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

Jamesman posted:

Please tell me more.

right this way

Owl at Home
Dec 25, 2014

Well hoot, I don't know if I can say no to that

Thread posted:

album cover chat

This reminds me of a website that was linked to in a previous version of this thread. It was a Swedish guy's blog dedicated to dissecting bad album covers. Does anybody still have the link to that? I tried Googling it but just came up with listicles about bad Swedish albums.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Thought of Bowie, got Mika. What's my prize?

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Inzombiac posted:

He asked a bunch of weird poo poo about beards and baking bread and still got Bernie Sanders. I think I answered one question about politics.

loving wizards.

I always like to imagine it figures it out really early and then asks a bunch of unrelated questions just to make it all the more amazing when it pulls "the alligator from all dogs go to heaven" out of thin air.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Samfucius posted:

I always like to imagine it figures it out really early and then asks a bunch of unrelated questions just to make it all the more amazing when it pulls "the alligator from all dogs go to heaven" out of thin air.

That's essentially what it does if it has questions to spare: if it is certain it is the alligator, but doesn't know if that alligator was a microbiologist, it'll ask somebody so it knows for next time :eng101:

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

I think my favorite Akinator thing is that it can correctly guess the chocolate pudding that Stu from Rugrats was making at 4 in the morning.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I picked Leonardo and it got my down to "has a shell", "lives underground", "doesn't wear an orange bandanna" and "isn't associated with the colour red."

Then it asked if he was best friends with a clown, was a witch, or played NBA2K. It still got it. Apparently the clincher was "Is he from a show that takes place in Ne York City?"

Dr_Amazing has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Jan 26, 2016

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

a kitten posted:

It used to pick Lowtax pretty easily, haven't messed with it in awhile.

I tried lowtax and it guessed John Mulaney. Hmmm, not quite, but if I was lowtax I would consider that a compliment.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Good old Akinator, terrible with his obscure historical figures.

"Is your character Russian" - Yes.
"Has your character been dead for more than 100 years?" - Yes
"Does your character appear in the Hannah Montana show?" :wtc:

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
This is the worst fuckign derail

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nitrox posted:

This is the worst fuckign derail

Its often worse on the thread...

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

PittTheElder posted:

Good old Akinator, terrible with his obscure historical figures.

"Is your character Russian" - Yes.
"Has your character been dead for more than 100 years?" - Yes
"Does your character appear in the Hannah Montana show?" :wtc:

What, you don't remember the episode where Rasputin guest starred? A modern classic.

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004
I was going for the kid from Blood Meridian but it guessed Judge Holden. Thing is loving retarded

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
This thread inspired me to try to stump akinator

It's on to me...

But I really did stump it with Charles Lewis Tiffany. It got close enough to guess Louis Comfort Tiffany, but Charles Lewis was completely unknown.

BgRdMchne
Oct 31, 2011

I stumped it with one of my relatives, a silent movie era screenwriter.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

Fun Shoe
New game: Answer "Yes" to all of Akinator's questions and see who he comes up with.

Apparently Bader Al-Mutawa is a female gaming personality on YouTube known for her purple hair and also stars in Girl Meets World.

Sorry boys, she's married!

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Jamesman posted:

New game: Answer "Yes" to all of Akinator's questions and see who he comes up with.

Apparently Bader Al-Mutawa is a female gaming personality on YouTube known for her purple hair and also stars in Girl Meets World.

Sorry boys, she's married!

I got called a smart arse for always answering yes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
It tried to say I was being too clever and just making things up when it couldn't guess Swamp Thing. The Kicker: one of its guesses was MAN-THING. So close, yet so far...

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

Captain Redbeard posted:

This thread inspired me to try to stump akinator

It's on to me...

But I really did stump it with Charles Lewis Tiffany. It got close enough to guess Louis Comfort Tiffany, but Charles Lewis was completely unknown.
Man, it seems to be way worse than it used to be. I remember I used to never be able to beat it, but it just went 0/5 with a bunch of pretty famous 70s singers. There's all these questions about youtubers and poo poo, and it thinks Stevie Nicks is Fat Amy (Pitch Perfect).

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
I just had him guess the Slenderman when I was thinking of Wendigos.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://imgur.com/gallery/N6Yc8

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Russian Halo lookin' good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Istanbul has one of the worst road networks out of any major city. It's got like 1/6th the length of highways and dual carraigeways as any other city of it's size has. As such it gridlocks constantly.

• Locked thread