Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
a bunch of friends and I used to play in an abandoned train station, and get hosed up all day doing it

if you're going to organized poo poo like that past the age of 20 you need help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I'd honestly be cool going to a Milsim West thing. It's just that it costs a FUCKTON of money if you want to be adequately prepared. At a minimum you need to show up with:

* Full uniform (underwear and headgear not required, but a belt and at least 3 pairs of socks are)
* Picture ID
* Notepad and pen or pencil
* Wristwatch
* Empty IFAK pouch
* The ability to carry at least 2 liters of water on your person
* Airsoft gun
* Eye protection
* Sleeping bag
* At least 2 days of food and water
* Cold/wet weather gear
* Large, heavy duty garbage bag
* A lock for your locker

That's just what you need when you arrive to be allowed to play. This isn't getting into the cost of gas and batteries for your gun(s), load-bearing gear, an optional sidearm and everything that needs to function, radios, tools and duct tape, personal hygiene stuff because you're spending two days straight on the field, etc. And then the cost of a ticket and transportation, especially if you live in a different state from the event. All in all, you could probably expect to spend anywhere from $400 to $1000 depending on how prepared you are beforehand.

When I do scenario games here, I pay $35 for a ticket and show up with the stuff I already have at my house. They even throw in a free lunch.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
That's loving retarded. Just join the guard or whatever.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

That said, we get some cool guys there. On Saturday I played with a retired 24-year Air Force vet who tinkered with an M60E4 replica until he had the sexiest gun on the field with a belt of inert 7.62mm going into the ammo box.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
It's dumb you're all dumb I made a thread where you can defend your dumb decision and we can mock you here

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3761664

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

That said, we get some cool guys there. On Saturday I played with a retired 24-year Air Force vet who tinkered with an M60E4 replica until he had the sexiest gun on the field with a belt of inert 7.62mm going into the ammo box.

thanks for telling us about some super-pog lifer like it validates your dumb hobby

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

I can't wait for the training rounds from scifi where you go paralyzed wherever you get hit lol

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
airsoft is serious business guys for the dudes selling these retards gear anyways

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

I can't wait for the training rounds from scifi where you go paralyzed wherever you get hit lol

I look forward to stories of trainees getting zapped and falling face first into shallow puddles, braining themselves on rocks, etc. :allears:

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Another reason to buy an old armored tank to rent out for megabucks to these man children.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

chitoryu12 posted:

I'd honestly be cool going to a Milsim West thing. It's just that it costs a FUCKTON of money if you want to be adequately prepared. At a minimum you need to show up with:

* Full uniform (underwear and headgear not required, but a belt and at least 3 pairs of socks are)
* Picture ID
* Wristwatch
* Empty IFAK pouch
* Airsoft gun
* Eye protection
* Sleeping bag
* Cold/wet weather gear
* A lock for your locker

That's just what you need when you arrive to be allowed to play. This isn't getting into the cost of gas and batteries for your gun(s), load-bearing gear, an optional sidearm and everything that needs to function, radios, tools and duct tape, personal hygiene stuff because you're spending two days straight on the field, etc. And then the cost of a ticket and transportation, especially if you live in a different state from the event. All in all, you could probably expect to spend anywhere from $400 to $1000 depending on how prepared you are beforehand.

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

thanks i'll be at home jerking off and not doing gay military stuff for no pay

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

thanks for telling us about some super-pog lifer like it validates your dumb hobby

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Tomahawks are guided by known unknowns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZe5J8SVCYQ

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

This makes me hate the English language.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

wanna hear the outtakes of that

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

chitoryu12 posted:

* Picture ID
* Wristwatch
* Empty IFAK pouch
* Airsoft gun
* Eye protection
* Sleeping bag
* Cold/wet weather gear
* A lock for your locker

When I do scenario games here, I pay $35 for a ticket and show up with the stuff I already have at my house. They even throw in a free lunch.

If you do this kind of poo poo this seriously, this often, I say quit loving around and go to syria already

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Here we go again.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Zeris posted:

These loving people

go3 posted:

JDAM them all

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I like how airsoft types like to blow enormous amounts of money simulating the military.

It's really realistic.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
the best part is the military spends tons of money trying to make guns lighter while airsoft nerds pay extra so their guns are heavy

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

re airsoft

http://i.imgur.com/bgoN3hl.gifv

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

chitoryu12 posted:

* Picture ID
* Wristwatch
* Empty IFAK pouch
* Airsoft gun
* Eye protection
* Sleeping bag
* Cold/wet weather gear
* A lock for your locker

Dude, I enjoy Airsoft too and am the POGiest gently caress ever, but drat this ain't the place to talk about it.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Why the hell do you need an empty IFAK pouch?

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe

Godholio posted:

where else are you gonna put your hot pocket when you have to engage a tango

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Godholio posted:

Snacks and lube.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

DownByTheWooter posted:

If you do this kind of poo poo this seriously, this often, I say quit loving around and go to syria already

Kinda hard to get there when mom's minivan only gets 18 miles to the gallon.

hostile apostle
Aug 29, 2006
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Stadia didn't outlive SA but it did outlive Lowtax - Happy Birthday Stadia! #ad
:stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia::stadia:
Holy gently caress, thread is triggering so hard right now.

GBU 31s and 39s into ISIS Financial/HQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PIC-7csbzo

Three GBUs into the same spot in that roof near simultaneously, pretty drat impressive

hostile apostle fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Jan 26, 2016

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
In the great Venn diagram of losers, I imagine the overlap between arma dorks and airsoft weirdos is significant.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
every time I think I want to play arma I watch a video on youtube with a 12 year old reciting lines from Blackhawk Down like he's seen some poo poo and instantly cleanse myself of that desire

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Watch that arma real life stuff where they all play cops for about five seconds and wonder just what in the gently caress. I peeked in once and caught a marriage ceremony. Everyone was in tactical gear.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Sorry. Is that regular army?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Godholio posted:

They provide bandages for healing "wounded" players, and they make everyone bring an empty pouch with a red cross on it to strap to their left side to put it in.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

ROTC lookin good

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Oh its an EVE online goon meet.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

chitoryu12 posted:

They provide bandages for healing "wounded" players, and they make everyone bring an empty pouch with a red cross on it to strap to their left side to put it in.

cute

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
71 years later.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

God drat that's an intense picture

Like this one posted here before

Hear a lot of war stories about Afghanistan and Iraq but I must say clearing houses in early Iraq is a whole lotta nope for me.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Trench warfare gotta be the gnarliest poo poo.

Theres places in France where you still see the craters, and now about 100 years later, there are still places people are not allowed to go, and where nothing grows because of the of residue chemicals after years of near constant bombardment in WW1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Bent double, like old beggars under sacks,
Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge,
Till on the haunting flares we turned out backs,
And towards our distant rest began to trudge.
Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots,
But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame, all blind;
Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots
Of gas-shells dropping softly behind.

Gas! GAS! Quick, boys! - An ecstasy of fumbling
Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time,
But someone still was yelling out and stumbling
And flound'ring like a man in fire or lime.-
Dim through the misty panes and thick green light,
As under a green sea, I saw him drowning.

In all my dreams before my helpless sight
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning.

If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace
Behind the wagon that we flung him in,
And watch the white eyes writhing in his face,
His hanging face, like a devil's sick of sin,
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs
Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud
Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,-
My friend, you would not tell with such high zest
To children ardent for some desperate glory,
The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est
Pro patria mori.