Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skylight posted:

You know that moment when you think "gosh, I think this class is working out really well for me" and you try another class and you're all WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?

That's me, right the gently caress now, with Blade Dancer. I may never go back to Summoner after this!

I leveled a Summoner to 22 (and several classes to ~10), but spent today catching up on a Kung Fu Master because god drat does punchmans feel good. It's a lot less relaxed, but doing counters and combos feels amazing.

Conveniently, I got the perfect costume for my Summoner already (Beast Hunter) and since pretty princessing is the endgame I might as well call my summoner "complete" and move on to the next character :shepface:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Monster Mash posted:

You should have gotten it as a letter as soon as you hit 43. Did you stop doing story quests or anything?

Nope, I just finished the MSQ like five minutes ago.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

So I found out why my destroyer felt piddly and weak.

I didn't realize you weren't supposed to be soloing the Giant Mite or Pokey, and had gone out of my way to do the 10 minute fights soloing those was.

I am smart.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

You're not? I soloed them on all four of my characters so far :downs:

FireWhizzle
Apr 2, 2009

a neckbeard elemental
Grimey Drawer

KittyEmpress posted:

I didn't realize you weren't supposed to be soloing the Giant Mite or Pokey, and had gone out of my way to do the 10 minute fights soloing those was.

I am smart.

Destroyer is by far the #1 cheese PVE content and solo class. Maybe post a little about your PVE build and we can help :)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

FireWhizzle posted:

Destroyer is by far the #1 cheese PVE content and solo class. Maybe post a little about your PVE build and we can help :)

I literally just got to 19 and all my points so far have gone into LMB, besides one into RMB. I'm not sure which tree to go down on my RMB yet, all of them have interesting perks.

Ciaphas posted:

You're not? I soloed them on all four of my characters so far :downs:

They are, apparently, the first group content of the game, meant for multiple players! You can queue up using the statues outside, or cross realm queues.

It goes a lot faster I'm sure.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Your Computer posted:

I leveled a Summoner to 22 (and several classes to ~10), but spent today catching up on a Kung Fu Master because god drat does punchmans feel good. It's a lot less relaxed, but doing counters and combos feels amazing.

Conveniently, I got the perfect costume for my Summoner already (Beast Hunter) and since pretty princessing is the endgame I might as well call my summoner "complete" and move on to the next character :shepface:

Nah, the wolf costume with matching set for kitty is the best.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

My only wish is if Kung Fu Master would get some kind of super mode where you could do every combo without meeting the requirements for them. Just feels so god drat great to get a full combo off on someone.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Krilion posted:

Nah, the wolf costume with matching set for kitty is the best.

Which brings me to my biggest gripe with this game; 90% of the costumes are either black/gold or garish colors. I just want some subdued, earthy colors :( Some costumes like the Wolfskin costume would look amazing if it wasn't for the colors, which makes me really wish this game had dyes.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
There are too many poop quests in this game.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Your Computer posted:

Which brings me to my biggest gripe with this game; 90% of the costumes are either black/gold or garish colors. I just want some subdued, earthy colors :( Some costumes like the Wolfskin costume would look amazing if it wasn't for the colors, which makes me really wish this game had dyes.

Beast Hunter out of Lair of Yutay is nice and earth toned. I farmed it up and loved it.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bussamove posted:

Beast Hunter out of Lair of Yutay is nice and earth toned. I farmed it up and loved it.

Your Computer posted:

Way ahead of you :3:

I even got it on my first run through the dungeon, doing the story quest (on both my characters) but while I really dig the costume it feels a bit sad that I'll spend the next 23 levels and endgame wearing the same clothes. I wanted something to grind for, game :arghfist::saddowns:

Speaking of grinding, does anyone here have experience with fabrics, costume boxes and transmutation? The outfit I want for my KFM just says "Salvage High Quality Fabric" and if I understand the process correctly it will take a bunch of fabric to make a box.. and then that box has a chance to drop the costume? And fabric is (potentially?) only salvageable from cash shop costumes (aka. 5€ and up)?

That seems... dumb.

Clairetic
Nov 3, 2008

I don't even know my own credit card information.
Super disappointed that my Tyrian Cultist Uniform didn't allow me to attack the Yonkai brigade even though they're part of the Stratus Empire.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Does anyone have any opinion about picking between Destroyer and Blade Master?
I'm looking for a class that would complement my Sin to a degree. Destroyer looks fun as all hell but two friends already are playing them, and while Blade Master would let me tank without the learning cliff that is KFM, I would need to accept that their PvP is "subpar" until 50.
I know Destroyer is full aggro in PvP as well, compared to the slow, defensive Sin playstyle that people seem to like right now. I haven't seen enough about Blade Master yet to know how they PvP.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

slev posted:

The worst thing about this game is how hosed up the scale of some things are on the minimap.

your location is the point of the arrow not the middle

KittyEmpress posted:

I literally just got to 19 and all my points so far have gone into LMB, besides one into RMB. I'm not sure which tree to go down on my RMB yet, all of them have interesting perks.

They are, apparently, the first group content of the game, meant for multiple players! You can queue up using the statues outside, or cross realm queues.

would you believe they are entire-ably soloable, quite quickly, and that it was an actual meme in cbt if you got hit/couldnt solo it?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

jaffyjaffy posted:

Does anyone have any opinion about picking between Destroyer and Blade Master?
I'm looking for a class that would complement my Sin to a degree. Destroyer looks fun as all hell but two friends already are playing them, and while Blade Master would let me tank without the learning cliff that is KFM, I would need to accept that their PvP is "subpar" until 50.
I know Destroyer is full aggro in PvP as well, compared to the slow, defensive Sin playstyle that people seem to like right now. I haven't seen enough about Blade Master yet to know how they PvP.

I wouldn't let the BM being bad at PvP right now dissuade you if you're thinking long term, but they are a bit more reactionary than other classes, I think. They tend to exploit openings rather than create them.

Fly Like Nimbus
Jun 17, 2015

Clairetic posted:

There are too many poop quests in this game.

Most MMOs don't have enough :colbert:

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
It's hard to do the low level PvP dailies when there's level 45 people of the other faction there doing them as well.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

KittyEmpress posted:

KittyEmpress posted:

Everything is soloable, including the purple portal dungeons like Blackram Narrows (although those will take more effort and know-how). Assuming there aren't lag or latency issues, your build and/or playstyle need work.

Edit:

Potsticker posted:

Is there a way to avoid or escape Gubong's choking grasp attack while solo?
Use something with invulnerability frames as he comes at you. I know the assassin backdash has them, and I assume most others do as well?

Amante fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jan 26, 2016

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Amante posted:

Everything is soloable, including the purple portal dungeons like Blackram Narrows (although those will take more effort and know-how). Assuming there aren't lag or latency issues, your build and/or playstyle need work.

Is there a way to avoid or escape Gubong's choking grasp attack while solo?

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

KittyEmpress posted:

Taking a stab in the dark here but I would wager you aren't utilizing your life drain abilities correctly. Those bosses in solo instances can still be grabbed by doubling up on stuns (1, 2) or knockdowns (5, 4). If they are the type of monster that won't let you pound on them when grabbed, they almost all spawn adds that you can kick over and lifeleech off of. Also, Stone Shield is huge regen, especially if you attack during it.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Does anyone else find all the classes kind of boring?

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Your Computer posted:

How do KFMs handle multiple mobs at later levels?

My KFM is only like 12, and I'm having a blast fighting mobs one-on-one with counters and dodges and stuff... but as soon as there are 2+ mobs I completely lose track and just mash buttons :saddowns: As a related question; is it viable to put a bunch into self-healing as a babby solo spec?

Once you're able to spec your 2 into Tiger strike things seem to get a lot better for AoE. Class is ridiculous fun

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Failboattootoot posted:

Taking a stab in the dark here but I would wager you aren't utilizing your life drain abilities correctly. Those bosses in solo instances can still be grabbed by doubling up on stuns (1, 2) or knockdowns (5, 4). If they are the type of monster that won't let you pound on them when grabbed, they almost all spawn adds that you can kick over and lifeleech off of. Also, Stone Shield is huge regen, especially if you attack during it.

Um... you do realize that he's saying he did beat those guys solo, he just was wondering why it took so long until he realized they were a group quest, ie: they have a lot of HP. Survival was apparently never an issue.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
just gonna leave some dynasty Poh-riors here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J466BxjdKnQ

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

I like how that image is used everywhere even though there is no Gunner class.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
I'm having some problems figuring out the soul shield enhancing thing since nothing in the game seems to tell you how it works. Specifically, how do I know whether I can use a specific shield piece to enhance my current soul shield? It seems like half the ones I get don't work and I can't figure out why.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

tyblazitar posted:

I'm having some problems figuring out the soul shield enhancing thing since nothing in the game seems to tell you how it works. Specifically, how do I know whether I can use a specific shield piece to enhance my current soul shield? It seems like half the ones I get don't work and I can't figure out why.

Same level range I believe

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Stormgale posted:

Same level range I believe
And how are level ranges divided? I noticed I couldn't use level 38 shields on my level 36 set at least.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

tyblazitar posted:

And how are level ranges divided? I noticed I couldn't use level 38 shields on my level 36 set at least.

I think it's just the same level, sorry forgot they were like that (at work), like I can put any 43 shield into my poh set

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

tyblazitar posted:

Set A cannot be used to improve set A. if you have, say the stalker set from the first wheel, you cant use that set to improve it. you'll need a differently named set. note this applies to different rarity, same name...so for instance, the endgame blackram supply sould shield (purple) cant be fused with the blue version of said set

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
Thanks! So basically I just have to get soul shields of the exact same level but not of the same set with the desired stats. That certainly narrows it down a lot.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

tyblazitar posted:

Thanks! So basically I just have to get soul shields of the exact same level but not of the same set with the desired stats. That certainly narrows it down a lot.

Get Crit, if you are max level run E.Supply chain (the 24 man version) and meld the green ones, you don't have to spend soul shields for that

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I don't think they have to be the same level at all. It's just that the ones you get from wheel spins can't be used as upgrade components. Anything that drops, or comes from a boss drop can.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Anidav posted:

Yes, when I played the only thing I found mildly interesting was the assassin.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Anidav posted:

What level did you actually play them to though? A lot of the class potential doesn't tend to show up until 20-25 when you have some skill points and can start experimenting with stuff in the trees. Stuff like Destroyer anicancel, Sin stealth attacking, Summoner sunflower, KFM 2rf/3rf rotations don't really show up until you have like 6+ points to spare.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

cathead posted:

What level did you actually play them to though? A lot of the class potential doesn't tend to show up until 20-25 when you have some skill points and can start experimenting with stuff in the trees. Stuff like Destroyer anicancel, Sin stealth attacking, Summoner sunflower, KFM 2rf/3rf rotations don't really show up until you have like 6+ points to spare.

I'm not a fan of summoner sunflower. I just use the crit bees.

FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

As a Blade Dancer, I've been using this build:

https://bnstree.com/BD/NJM4V8yvl

It heavily focuses on Draw Stance, with two ways to enter, and changing your Z into 50% added crit while in Draw Stance for 5 seconds. I have aggro almost all the time on bosses if there isn't a Summoner in my group that has taunt-spec kitty. I might move some points out of Phantom Grip into Reversal because sometimes when you do get caught in a stun you're stuck there with no escape. Multislash (2) does a lot of damage and is useful to use between Lightning Draw and Storm Cleave (V) to get your focus back to get ready to enter Draw Stance again.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/rising-waters-arrives-february-10/

It's go time, boys and girls.

Nightshade/Bloodshade Harbor (new 24/6/4 dungeon set)
Mushins Tower 1-7
Hongmoon Levels 1-5
PvP Preseason

If they can keep up with this kind of content cadence, this game will have stuff to do for quite awhile.

Krilion posted:

I'm not a fan of summoner sunflower. I just use the crit bees.

Sunflower's going to do more damage if you can get into Overflow consistently, unless it's a boss that won't stay on your z-axis, since Sunflower can't hit up or down. It's also better for aoeing down trash.

cathead fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Are hongmoon levels separate from regular levels or is this the 50 patch?

• Locked thread