Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
The chat thread's the real Love Live thread, but this is a good secondary one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

The chat thread's the real Love Live thread, but this is a good secondary one.

Wow I wasn't even aware since it moves too fast for me to keep up most times.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Well, it's the Love Live fanart thread, at least.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Polsy posted:

Well, it's the Love Live fanart thread, at least.

Anime chat thread: The Nico fanart appreciation thread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Love Live thread is any thread I post a lot in.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
It's hard to not post about Love Live. It's so good.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i hate every moment of it

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

i hate every moment of it

Sure, it's tough when im@s has captured your heart. I understand.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Love Live is the best.

X
X
X
X
X

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Love Live is the best.

X
X
X
X
X

would you love a live if it didn't have nico answer me that yes cantalope

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
less

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
without Nico I wouldn't have gotten into love live, and maybe without love live, I wouldn't have gotten into iDOLM@STER, and we wouldn't have this thread

what I'm saying is, Nico made our lives worse

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

graybook posted:

without Nico I wouldn't have gotten into love live, and maybe without love live, I wouldn't have gotten into iDOLM@STER, and we wouldn't have this thread

what I'm saying is, Nico made our lives worse

i wouldh ave made the thread sans love live

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
I'm not entirely sure what this means, but it's more or less relevant.

Also enjoy this impersonator and her alligator, I guess.

I like games with messages, because some people actually change them from the default.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Zenostein posted:

Something like, "This doesn't really compare with Love Live. Maybe closer to Idolmaster?

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Yeah, that's more or less what I got out of google translate.

Sidenote: アイマス gets translated by google translate as Imus, which I find terribly funny.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

Also enjoy this impersonator and her alligator, I guess.

I like games with messages, because some people actually change them from the default.

is that first girl's name literally New York

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Those are just usernames, but yeah looks like it. Tragically, the usernames are not as immediately amusing as some of the ones I've seen in SIF.

But you have to go out of your way to message people there, these just pop up while you're tapping on pictures like an awful where's Waldo looking for the spot that gives you 1k gold or whatever.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Daxing Dan posted:

Sorry if I misunderstood something and this isn't the place for general Love Live talk, but I've been subbing a few of the Love Live audio dramas, most recently the New Year's dramas, right here. Please check them out if that sort of stuff interests you.

btw, thanks for this. Poor Nico, butt of every joke. Gonna check out the rest later.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Zenostein posted:

Sidenote: アイマス gets translated by google translate as Imus, which I find terribly funny.

I'm not sure how much of the Japanese population would have heard of Don Imus (seemingly the only other likely アイマス candidate) than idolm@ster, but it's been like that for years so I guess it's as permanent (or more so) as anything on google translate is. Also bing translate and babelfish say the same thing.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Preview pic of the PS4 im@s tech

https://twitter.com/famitsu/status/691908762421059584

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

does this have the cg girls

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

does this have the cg girls

Nothing's really been revealed yet, but that issue of Famitsu and a Nico Nico Douga live stream both happen on the 28th, so I guess we'll find out then.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

what kinda gameplay is the ps4 game is it the same as the phone touching

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I assume it'll follow in the vein of many past series games with that style, where it's more idol management than collect and be rhythmic. But I could be wrong, so it'd be best to wait and see what more news says.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
MY RIN NENDO FROM GOODSMILE HAS ARRIVED.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i'm gonna hvae to buy a ps4

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

i'm gonna hvae to buy a ps4

Having bought one a week ago I can vouch for its goodness.

Way clearer than a PS3.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

MY RIN NENDO FROM GOODSMILE HAS ARRIVED.

Sugoi nya~

I was gonna get a PS4 in the future anyways, but since I'm in Freedomland, will the PS4 I get be able to play the new iM@S game if there's no English release?

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

btw, thanks for this. Poor Nico, butt of every joke. Gonna check out the rest later.

It is a hard life when you have no dreams for the future, your dad is dead, you have to raise a family by yourself, and your apartment gets demolished. I don't know about you, but the way the writers pick on Nico at every given opportunity comes off as being more malicious than funny. At least they made her a motherfucker to everyone so she "deserves" it, but it's not like I'd be in a good mood either.

By the way, I guess I copied the wrong link, but I totally meant to link the beginning of the drama set (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiM4qX9IRwg)

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
You're a trooper. I'll be sure to go back and listen to more of these tomorrow or so. Gotta get my dress - < 900 points away - and gotta get at least one Kanako. Good thing I had all those stamina drinks clogging up my present box.

Also your translations have reminded me that I need to capture all the dialogue from the event stories in the Girls' Wonderland GF Note event before they disappear tonight. I'll do that as soon as I get the dress. And I'll eventually get to translating the stories someday.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

Daxing Dan posted:

It is a hard life when you have no dreams for the future, your dad is dead, you have to raise a family by yourself, and your apartment gets demolished. I don't know about you, but the way the writers pick on Nico at every given opportunity comes off as being more malicious than funny. At least they made her a motherfucker to everyone so she "deserves" it, but it's not like I'd be in a good mood either.

By the way, I guess I copied the wrong link, but I totally meant to link the beginning of the drama set (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiM4qX9IRwg)

Nico is good because in many ways life has poo poo on her, but her response is generally to try to make people happy, whether it's by caring for her siblings, cooking for her friends, performing for her fans, or whatever. She can definitely have a bit of an attitude, though - the contrast is also part of what makes Nico good. I'm OK with the writers continuing to give her a hard time because it means more time devoted to her. It's often funny, too, especially when the problem isn't her misfortune but her reaction to it.

X

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?
Nico is very cute when she is a goofball who loves pranking her friends. She is less cute when she is constantly a petty motherfucker.

Nico is also cute when her hair is down and when she is trying to hide the fact that she is dying of a terminal cold.

e: I do like the drama where Nico's mansion gets burned down by an angry mob, though. That was funny.

Daxing Dan fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Jan 27, 2016

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Truly, the greatest loss we experienced when Love Live moved to the redesigns was Nico wearing her pigtails lower.

And a sassy Maki.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Moldy Taxes posted:

Truly, the greatest loss we experienced when Love Live moved to the redesigns was Nico wearing her pigtails lower.

And a sassy Maki.

Too much like Nozomi.

Is this another thing Nozomi stole from Nico????

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Too much like Nozomi.

Is this another thing Nozomi stole from Nico????

Besides baps?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

graybook posted:

Besides baps?

Nico used to be smart, but Nozomi took that I think.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Daxing Dan posted:

Nico is also cute when her hair is down and when she is trying to hide the fact that she is dying of a terminal cold.

e: I do like the drama where Nico's mansion gets burned down by an angry mob, though. That was funny.

Wait, does she really have a terminal disease and also lost a mansion? Dang, why does the world hate her

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Accordin' to this fan thing, Nico used to...
... be a maid.
... be popular.
... be smart.
... be good at everything.
... have a girlfriend.
... have a good personality.

Nozomi, Kotori, and the animation staff took that all away from her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Now, Nico is like pandaK - a sad shell of their former self.