Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Detective Pikachu is announced officially for 3DS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y9j9RWkPstc

E: I'm pretty sure I saw a shot of Pikachu peeking up a girl's skirt...

E2: yep

Dehry fucked around with this message at 14:17 on Jan 26, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Golden Gael
Nov 12, 2011

Geostomp posted:

If they'd added Pokemon all the way through or something in the background, it might work better. As of now, it just looks very strange shoved in at the end.

- Pokemon fight reflected in little kid's eyes
- Charizard and Nidoking chess pieces
- HM03 advertisement in bar, under TV showing Kanto news (with report the road on Route 12 is blocked)
- Moomoo Milk and Rare Candy advertisement in fake-Tokyo
- The football team has a Cinnabar Island emblem

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Detective Pikachu is my friend and I'm glad that he's real

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

I'm guessing that that Pikachu detective game is the spiritual successor to Hey You Pikachu?

It's really weird to have a grown man's voice coming out of that squirrel...

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
That...voice. :stare:

That looks wonderful, honestly. Pokémon + Layton, maybe?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
"Cinematic Adventure"

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
detective pikachu's weird mouth/face hole is creeping me out

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

What are people's opinions about Yokai Watch as a stopgap for a pokémon fix? It doesn't look like we're getting a game anytime soon and I want to battle little critters.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Dehry posted:

still my most hotly anticipated release

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
I hope the English dub gives him the most stereotypical detective voice possible

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Raserys posted:

I hope the English dub gives him the most stereotypical detective voice possible

Just get Dojima's English voice and call it perfect.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Gyre posted:

What are people's opinions about Yokai Watch as a stopgap for a pokémon fix? It doesn't look like we're getting a game anytime soon and I want to battle little critters.

There's Yokai Watch, and there's also SMTIV and the Devil Survivor series, if you want a tougher "catch/recruit monsters and make them fight for you" game.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
so uh, this is how encounter rate works right

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
"A-a talking Pikachu?!"

*takes drag off cig* "yeah im a 'chu. whaddaboudit"

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Detective Pikachu is a loose cannon.

...no wait, it's loosely canon.

Anyway, it does seem like "We had this idea for new game, but it's risky - let's make it Pokemon to ensure sales".
Probably gonna get it tho, right after I get my hands on some Super Mystery Dungeon thank you Nintendo of Europe

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

korusan posted:

- The football team has a Cinnabar Island emblem

They're also the very best, like no one ever was

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dehry posted:

Not as Film Noir as I was expecting, but it looks pretty good.

Dehry posted:

Aside from that.

Looking at this makes me realize how much I want a buddy cop game, though. You're the fresh-faced rookie cop who's by the book, and then Pikachu is this grisly, renegade cop who doesn't play by the rules. And there's, like, a shoot-out when an investigation at the docks gets too hot and Pikachu ends up getting fired upon by some Ludicolo with Bullet Seed.

Street Justice: Pikachu Version. :allears:

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 20:18 on Jan 26, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i mean they could make a detective game where the super-powered animals with magical powers are used for drug-smuggling and murder but i have a strange feeling that won't happen, call it a hunch

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Oh, I know it'd never happen. It's just a ridiculous idea that I'd love to see if they ever went nuts with Pokemon.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

TaurusOxford posted:

Wouldn't that mean that black people are immune to psychics? :v:

Please put the "Kramer's Guide to Posting" book down, friend.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Gyre posted:

I haven't played Yokai Watch, but I really want to.

I recommend SMT: Nocturne, known in my circle of friends as Demon Puncher. If the idea of punching demons, tricking demons into becoming friends with you and then sacrificing those demon friends to create even better demon friends to help you punch more demons is at all appealing to you, then check it out.

I've been playing lot's of the new Mystery Dungeon game. Cincinno is a beast. Tail Slap, Rock Blast and Bullet Seed with an attack boosting looplet is nuts. I bring Cincinno on every mission that I can because Cincinno is the best.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

VideoGames posted:

Please put the "Kramer's Guide to Posting" book down, friend.

FIFTY YEARS AGO WE'D HAVE YOU UPSIDE DOWN

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

The White Dragon posted:

FIFTY YEARS AGO WE'D HAVE YOU UPSIDE DOWN

lol

Gyre posted:

if you have a ps4 or a vita Digimon Cyber Sleuth is supposed to be really good and it comes out on the 2nd

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

What's up with Mew being a special event until like 3 days before the new Pokemon themed 3ds's drop? That's lame. I want a new 3ds, then play through omega ruby

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Gyre posted:

I guess it depends on what you want out of a monster fighting game. Yokai Watch's battle system is very, very different than pokemon's and I honestly found it a big chore to play regardless of how cute it was. But if you just care about seeing/collecting a bunch of mons then it might tickle your fancy.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Defective Pikachu? What will they think of next?

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Saoshyant posted:

Defective Pikachu? What will they think of next?

Repaired Raichu

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

pikachu, you've been in a coma for 9 years

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Ruggington posted:

pikachu, you've been in a coma for 9 years

Diamond Houndooms.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012
Gotta love the BBC Sherlock Theme music riff :v:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

where's looker. is the pikachu looker in disguise

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Hey guys I'm lookin' to a do a some trading again. I missed the Hoopa event because my health has been poo poo as of late and I haven't been in much a state to leave the house. I have some shinies on reserve if anyone's interested I'll list em' here. The Hoopa doesn't have to be perfect either just lookin' to add him in.

Drapion 6 IV

2 Flabebe 1 white and 1 orange. The white one has five IV and is nicknamable. The orange was a chance catch on wondertrade.

Electivire 6 IV

Greninja 6 IV

Ninetails 6 IV

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Hjalmar posted:

Bill's teleporter mishaps strike again.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kikas posted:

"We had this idea for new game, but it's risky - let's make it Pokemon to ensure sales".

And that's how we got pokemon snap!

Can any tell me more about the new digimon game? Do collect all the Digimon or is it like the old anime show where it'sone Digimon per kid?

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

Rose Spirit posted:

Let's talk in the trading thread, or PM me!

I've still been holding onto that Ninetales for ya. If you still want it lemmie know when it's convenient to do a trade.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Hjalmar posted:

That Pikachu is Looker. He's definitely Looker.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Can any tell me more about the new digimon game? Do collect all the Digimon or is it like the old anime show where it'sone Digimon per kid?

It's a dating sim. You romance the digital monsters and then marry them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011

less laughter posted:

It's a dating sim. You romance the digital monsters and then marry them.

when're we getting a pokemon game like that?

• Locked thread