Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
Fabrice Muamba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chillao
Jan 12, 2004
discerning gentleman

Grimble posted:

Gary Speed

lol

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Total Meatlove posted:

Has any player had a quicker and worse fall from grace?
Gazza

Blinkz0rz
May 27, 2001

MY CONTEMPT FOR MY OWN EMPLOYEES IS ONLY MATCHED BY MY LOVE FOR TOM BRADY'S SWEATY MAGA BALLS

brocked posted:

Fabrice Muamba

:drat:

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/25/ramires-chelsea-chinese-club-jiangsu-suning-20-million

quote:

The Chelsea midfielder Ramires is attracting strong interest from the Chinese club Jiangsu Suning and is expected to cut short his stay in the Premier League and become the latest Brazilian import to the Super League.
Jiangu Suning are coached by the former Chelsea player, Dan Petrescu, and would be willing to pay around £20m for the Brazil international. Their squad are on a training camp in Málaga and Ramires could link up with his new team-mates in Spain before their departure back to China if a deal is thrashed out.

China is making the all moves in this transfer window.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

FYI this is the club that both Fredy Guarin and Luiz Adriano decided not to join at the last minute because they couldn't get their salaries in writing.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Gigi Galli posted:

FYI this is the club that both Fredy Guarin and Luiz Adriano decided not to join at the last minute because they couldn't get their salaries in writing.

The China thread in gbs is full of funny stories like this

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

quote:

Newcastle are close to signing Andros Townsend from Tottenham with the clubs close to agreeing a compromise over the fee for the England winger.

Townsend, who has barely featured for Spurs so far this campaign and has played just 64 minutes in the Premier League in total, has been targeted by Newcastle manager Steve McClaren for several weeks as he seeks to strengthen his squad for the battle against relegation.

Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy had originally demanded that they pay £14m to secure the 24-year-old and rejected Newcastle’s opening offer of £10m earlier this month.

But with Mauricio Pochettino keen to free up space in his squad, the Tottenham manager has personally intervened to request that the club accepts a lower bid – understood to be somewhere in the middle of the two clubs’ valuations. Levy is believed to have sanctioned the move in principal and now Townsend will discuss personal terms with Newcastle but is expected to sign for the club in the next 48 hours.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jan/25/newcastle-andros-townsend-tottenham-agree-fee

:toot: :toot:

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

This transfer window sucks.

Which is weird considering how many teams have glaring holes.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

nooooo

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
Can't wait to see how he's shoehorned into the side to lose possession

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

mark douglas doesn't think its that close and he played for their under 21 team tonight so hopefully its not happening

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Your lot already have Obertan to chuck out on the right if you want a poo poo winger who can't actually play football.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
Guarin to Shanghai is done, according to Di Marzio. €12m fee.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

trem_two posted:

Guarin to Shanghai is done, according to Di Marzio. €12m fee.

I wonder if Luiz Adriano is being shopped around as well, since apparently there are plenty of Chinese teams willing to spend stupid money on average players.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Shrapnig posted:

Your lot already have Obertan to chuck out on the right if you want a poo poo winger who can't actually play football.

also gouffran
and marveaux
sammy ameobi
shane ferguson plays on the left too

Loads of poo poo wingers

some tasty rumors that Newcastle are going to break their transfer record for Lacazette and I'll be doing all the phwoars if it happens

Literally Lewis Hamilton fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Jan 26, 2016

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

Robert Green.

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
why did Lacazatte go from being linked to top clubs to Newcastle? injury?

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

hadji murad posted:

why did Lacazatte go from being linked to top clubs to Newcastle? injury?

Hes poo poo without Fekir, who is the better player.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Looks like China has claimed another career, although this time its Gervinho so I doubt anyone cares.

https://twitter.com/TopMercato/status/691910204288602112

kcer
May 28, 2004

Today is good weather
for an airstrike.
BBC have the Townsend deal going now

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

MrBling posted:

Looks like China has claimed another career, although this time its Gervinho so I doubt anyone cares.

https://twitter.com/TopMercato/status/691910204288602112

Good, that means that el Shaarawy is almost certainly going to Roma.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Gigi Galli posted:

Good, that means that el Shaarawy is almost certainly going to Roma.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BA-K3u2OaiN/

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Gaston Ramirez has joined Middleborough on loan until the end of the season. I guess no one wanted to buy him off us.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

kcer posted:

BBC have the Townsend deal going now

i suppose he at least won't be looking to move if we get relegated

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Gigi Galli posted:

I wonder if Luiz Adriano is being shopped around as well, since apparently there are plenty of Chinese teams willing to spend stupid money on average players.

Galatasaray is interested last I heard (from Di Marzio).

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Zhirkov to Zenit is a done deal and will join in July after his current contract with Dynamo expires

http://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/60412.html

Remember this guy from when he was not playing at Chelsea?
Yeah, except he's now also old.
Just why.
He can't even fill the gap in the defense that we have right now due to injuries, because July.
gently caress me

vivisectvnv
Aug 5, 2003

Alexeythegreat posted:

Zhirkov to Zenit is a done deal and will join in July after his current contract with Dynamo expires

http://en.fc-zenit.ru/news/60412.html

Remember this guy from when he was not playing at Chelsea?
Yeah, except he's now also old.
Just why.
He can't even fill the gap in the defense that we have right now due to injuries, because July.
gently caress me

He is a russian limit cover for either fullbacks and can play in the midfield/wing, pragmatic signing imho.

Now who is going to sign bad boy Shirokov?

ayb
Sep 12, 2003
Kills Drifters for erections
Victor Valdes off to a great start at Standard Liege

http://www.sport-english.com/en/news/barca/victor-valdes-told-hes-not-wanted-standard-liege-4841901

quote:

Mathieu Dossevi, a player for the Belgian side, says Valdes is not needed at the club he has been loaned to until the end of the season.

Per The Mirror, he said: "Of course, Valdes is a great player. But I seriously wonder if we actually need him - and I don’t think so.

"We have a great goalkeeper in Guillaume Hubert. He is a fantastic keeper. Guillaume has been showing brilliant things in goal for our club and the players are all right behind him.

“I think that is normal. Only thanks to Guillaume we have the chance to qualify for the Belgium Cup final. So why on earth would we want to replace him?"

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
why the gently caress doesn't Valdes just retire or go to MLS

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

Because MLS's target audience has no idea who Victor Valdes is

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
I'd have Valdes as a cup keeper, no problem.

I'm very much in favour of never doing business with United, but Valdes was barely ever a United player, I've seen the inside of Old Trafford more than he has.

Edit: also if Anthony Martial decided he'd made a terrible mistake and was desperate to come to Liverpool for £20m I could probably stomach that too tbh. The rest though, booooo

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Hoops posted:

I'm very much in favour of never doing business with United, but Valdes was barely ever a United player, I've seen the inside of Old Trafford more than he has.

Edit: also if Anthony Martial decided he'd made a terrible mistake and was desperate to come to Liverpool for £20m I could probably stomach that too tbh. The rest though, booooo

Post your code tag formations with Martial and Valdes

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting

Bovril Delight posted:

Post your code tag formations with Martial and Valdes
Make me fuckboy

Edit: I mean ones a keeper and ones a centre forward, code tags really aren't gonna tell us that much here

Hoops fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Jan 26, 2016

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Hoops posted:

The last time we did business was loaning them players for free just after Munich, it's going to take more than a washed up Valdes suffering from PED withdrawals to break that.

gtkor
Feb 21, 2011

Sounds like Palace are going to sign Adebayor. Probably not a terrible move for a few months.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Pato to Chelsea on loan is apparently happening.

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007
Falcao 2.0

Godzilla07
Oct 4, 2008

gtkor posted:

Sounds like Palace are going to sign Adebayor. Probably not a terrible move for a few months.

This is a Done Deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

Pretty excited to see some Adebayor antics for the next few months before he dies

• Locked thread