Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Disinterested posted:

Well, what got you out?
Psychiatric meds is my guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

GutBomb posted:

Psychiatric meds is my guess.

Literally psychiatric medications and proper mental health care. (Also shitloads of therapy.) I was an (at the time) undiagnosed schizophrenic trying to survive in the rust belt during the great recession. Conspiracy theories were the only way I had of making sense of the world at the time.

Eventually my condition rendered me homeless. It was at that point that I started to seriously consider that the problem might be me (instead of the rest of the world) and I was fortunate enough to get into a live in facility that specialized in care for the homeless and mentally ill.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

So explain the lizard people thing to me. I never understood that.

Your posts in the authoritarian thread were really good btw.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Raxivace posted:

So explain the lizard people thing to me. I never understood that.

Your posts in the authoritarian thread were really good btw.

Thanks you, I really appreciate hearing that you enjoyed my posts in that thread.

To answer your question, basically David Icke has popularized this theory that the Earth is in fact a slave colony for a super advanced race of 4th dimensional aliens (that happen to be Reptilian in appearence) and these aliens survive off the energy of negative human emotions. (Basically they keep us all miserable so that they can feed more.) These aliens are unable to take physical form for more than short periods of time, so in order to maintain control of the planet they have created a giant network of either willing or mind controlled accomplices.

In order to control their accomplices, thesee aliens need to be able to "tune in" to the "vibrational frequency" of our race. This is facilitated by certain genetic markers that make people more susceptible to control by the aliens. These genetic markers are most concentrated in the 13 bloodlines that make up the Illuminati ruling class, and your rank and job within the Illuminati is heavily influenced by how "pure" your bloodline is.

I believed it because I thought the "enemy" that the human race was being oppressed by must be so incredibly intelligent and so shockingly malicious that there was just no way it could be human.

Prester Jane fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jan 26, 2016

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Glad you're back, PJ. Your posts are always enlightening.

How well do the conflicting theories get along in conspiracy circles? Like, do the LaRouche followers fight with the Icke followers? Do the various strains of Trutherism (nanothermite vs space lasers vs whatever) squabble with each other?

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

Prester Jane posted:

Thanks you, I really appreciate hearing that you enjoyed my posts in that thread.

To answer your question, basically David Icke has popularized this theory that the Earth is in fact a slave colony for a super advanced race of 4th dimensional aliens (that happen to be Reptilian in appearence) and these aliens survive off the energy of negative human emotions. (Basically they keep us all miserable so that they can feed more.) These aliens are unable to take physical form for more than short periods of time, so in order to maintain control of the planet they have created a giant network of either willing or mind controlled accomplices.

In order to control their accomplices, thesee aliens need to be able to "tune in" to the "vibrational frequency" of our race. This is facilitated by certain genetic markers that make people more susceptible to control by the aliens. These genetic markers are most concentrated in the 13 bloodlines that make up the Illuminati ruling class, and your rank and job within the Illuminati is heavily influenced by how "pure" your bloodline is.

I believed it because I thought the "enemy" that the human race was being oppressed by must be so incredibly intelligent and so shockingly malicious that there was just no way it could be human.

I realise that when we're talking about 'evidence' for something as far out as this, there aren't exactly going to be peer researched papers in Nature or something, but what specifically leads people to settle on 4th dimensional reptilian aliens as an antagonist rather than something more mundane and credible. Where is the evidence for aliens specifically rather than say, "it's all Masons|Jews|Bilderbergers|etc"?

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Nolanar posted:

Glad you're back, PJ. Your posts are always enlightening.

How well do the conflicting theories get along in conspiracy circles? Like, do the LaRouche followers fight with the Icke followers? Do the various strains of Trutherism (nanothermite vs space lasers vs whatever) squabble with each other?

Oh god yes. It's horrible, the entire movement is at each other's throats whenever there isn't something big enough going on to keep everyone'should attention.

In that vein let me present one of the very choicest bits of hilarity that the Trutherism movement has ever produced. (Phoneposting so I can't quote.) The back story on this article is that Jessie Ventura tried to interview David Icke for his TV show. The interview did not go well as both men are unhinged egomaniacs and they wound up in a legendary screaming match. This article is David Icke writing his side of the story. It reads like an immature 7th grader doing a decent takedown of their equally immature classmate. I present to you in all its glory Jesse Ventura: Pet Detective. I recommend savoring it with a fine scotch.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Helen Highwater posted:

I realise that when we're talking about 'evidence' for something as far out as this, there aren't exactly going to be peer researched papers in Nature or something, but what specifically leads people to settle on 4th dimensional reptilian aliens as an antagonist rather than something more mundane and credible. Where is the evidence for aliens specifically rather than say, "it's all Masons|Jews|Bilderbergers|etc"?

At the same time, you have to ask 'what leads people to believe a red skinned man with horns and a pitchfork is the cause of all evil and suffering on earth'. That's the kind of 'proof' required. Speculations and imagination quickly become 'iron clad proof' and 'This totally happened'. Conspiracy theorists and religious fanatics have a lot more in common than you'd think. Absence of evidence becomes evidence to them. Any 'evidence' that shows up, that could even *hint* at their claims being true is heralded as the sole truth, and everything else around it is discarded as 'falsified'. Much like how Religious nuts believe that god is both forever loving, and yet will condemn your sorry rear end to hell because gently caress you, and never have a twinge of cognitive dissonance between the two utterly opposing stances, conspiracy theorists believe that they know the truth, that they've 'taken the red pill'. They know who the puppet masters are, the ones who control everything and are so intelligent and smart that they can never be toppled. How do they know about them? because those superintelligent puppetmasters are loving stupid and leave clues all over the place.

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Helen Highwater posted:

It depends largely on the individual's personal tastes. Which form the ultimate puppetmaster behind the while conspuracy takes is more a matter pf personal conveniance than anything else. I was raised in a doomsday cult that taught me that demons were real, so making the switch from demons to Reptilian Aliens as the ultimate evil was pretty natural. It isnt about evidence, it is about confirmation bias. There isn't any better evidence for Reptilian Aliens than there is for any of the other nonsense that gets bandied about in the movement. It's all about each person constructing their own personal tapestry of a variety of conspiracy theories.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Holy crap. He read about the Delgonians in the Lensman series and thought it was real!

Or maybe Doc Smith received telepathic signals about "the truth", and Icke was the only one to see it that way.

I'm betting it's B.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

DON'T POST IN THE ELECTION THREAD UNLESS YOU :love::love::love: JOE BIDEN
About a decade before Icke had his mental breakdown and started peddling conspiracy theories there was a TV miniseries in the US called "V". I've never seen it, but based on this wikipedia summary it's remarkably similar to Icke's ideas other than the fact that in this case the Aliens announce their arrival to the earth. Everything else is there though: humanoid aliens who turn out to be reptilian, a secret conspiracy to rule the earth as a colony, aliens using humans as food, aliens pretending to be humans to control earth politics, etc. The rest of Icke's ideas sound like fairly boilerplate New Age or sci fi tropes.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

asdf32 posted:

Uh huh. My father in law was literally saved by interventional radiology a few weeks ago after a massive heart attack.

But, and this is really simple, it turns out saving 63 year olds from sudden heart attacks has less impact on human health and day-to-day life in general than basic sanitation, vaccines and antibiotics that were all invented in the first half of the 20th century.

Vaccines were invented at the end of the 18th century (plus inoculation was a thing long before that) and basic sanitation has been around for thousands of years. But one out of three ain't bad, I guess!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Hey PJ, glad you're back and I see you've embraced the real you with a name change!

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

Vaccines were invented at the end of the 18th century (plus inoculation was a thing long before that) and basic sanitation has been around for thousands of years. But one out of three ain't bad, I guess!

Basic computers have been around for thousands of years too. But, much like it's spurious to suggest that modern hygiene is thousands of years old, it would also be incredibly spurious to claim that some Greek curiosity from the 100 BC is comparable to modern computing.

Likewise the Greeks developed a basic steam engine and the use of wind or water as a source of energy for processing food was first developed thousands of years ago, but none of this diminishes the incredible significance of 18th century advancements in steam power.

When you evaluate technological progress you need to both look at many things: the technical details, the scientific theories explaining how the device operates, and the degree of social organization (i.e. the ancient Romans might have vaguely known about water mills but there was no reason to adopt them when human muscle power was so cheap, and besides the degree of political centralization conducive to spreading such technology was mostly absent even at the height of the Empire).

The period of the "second industrial revolution", straddling a 40-50 year period between the last quarter of the 19th century and up to the beginning of World War I, is probably the single most consequential period of technological advancement since the rise of agriculture thousands of years ago. The changes ushered in by that period are a lot more dramatic than any changes wrought by the internet or smart phones or space travel.

Some of these technologies had antecedents in the past but their rapid development and the way in which they transformed the lived every day experience of humans is incomparably greater than anything else we have evidence of in the annals of recorded history. As I said before, to even find a comparable example we likely have to go back to the first farmers -- and the industrial revolution(s) impact was felt a lot faster than the rise of agriculture, which took thousands of years to become a global phenomenon.

GutBomb
Jun 15, 2005

Dude?

Helsing posted:

The period of the "second industrial revolution", straddling a 40-50 year period between the last quarter of the 19th century and up to the beginning of World War I, is probably the single most consequential period of technological advancement since the rise of agriculture thousands of years ago. The changes ushered in by that period are a lot more dramatic than any changes wrought by the internet or smart phones or space travel.

In 1930 if you took away the scientific advances during that period the world would still continue to function.

In 2016 if you were to clear the satellites in earth orbit and cut the lines that connect the continents to the internet the world would come to a complete standstill.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

Actually there would be mass starvation if that happened. You don't know what you're talking about.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Evil Fluffy posted:

Flat earthers might be the worst of all the conspiracies. Like if the earth's flat why can't you use a high powered telescope to look in the distance and see NYC from London and how do they explain the day/night cycle or multiple other things children learn in elementary science classes?

You can also see the earth's curvature from tall enough locations such as Pike's Peak.

That's simple: aliens, aliens, and the hollow earthers!

GutBomb posted:

In 1930 if you took away the scientific advances during that period the world would still continue to function.

In 2016 if you were to clear the satellites in earth orbit and cut the lines that connect the continents to the internet the world would come to a complete standstill.

No, a whole ton of countries would collapse into famine and business would go into the toilet, because there was extreme reliance on trains, non-sailing ships, and even automobiles to get stuff and people around. And cities would be paralyzed on their own because so many people required trains and buses and increasingly cars to get around. To say nothing of everyone dying due to lack of medical technology we already had. Maybe like fuckin' 1830 or 1730 would make sense, though a lot of places would still be hosed without oceangoing vessels, which is a scientific advance.

If all the satellites got knocked out and all the transoceanic cables got cut, there would still be a bunch of radio relays for critical transoceanic communication, and you could send out ships to designated spots to handle additional relays. Plus North America and South America are still linked by land routes and shallow water routes, and Europe/Asia/Africa have a bevy of land routed telecommunications. Yeah it would suck rear end to lose weather satellites and GPS and satellite and most cable TV (they usually send signal by satellite relay), but there are still other things you can use for official business, and things like airliners follow radio beacons. And you could still watch local TV. Basically we'd bitch and moan a while until new satellites go up and someone can start fixing breaks in the communication cables, but it would mostly just lose money for a bunch of people, especially london-new york stock exchange arbitragers.

So basically you have no clue what you're talking about?

asdf32
May 15, 2010

I lust for childrens' deaths. Ask me about how I don't care if my kids die.

Helsing posted:

Basic computers have been around for thousands of years too. But, much like it's spurious to suggest that modern hygiene is thousands of years old, it would also be incredibly spurious to claim that some Greek curiosity from the 100 BC is comparable to modern computing.

Likewise the Greeks developed a basic steam engine and the use of wind or water as a source of energy for processing food was first developed thousands of years ago, but none of this diminishes the incredible significance of 18th century advancements in steam power.

When you evaluate technological progress you need to both look at many things: the technical details, the scientific theories explaining how the device operates, and the degree of social organization (i.e. the ancient Romans might have vaguely known about water mills but there was no reason to adopt them when human muscle power was so cheap, and besides the degree of political centralization conducive to spreading such technology was mostly absent even at the height of the Empire).

Some of these technologies had antecedents in the past but their rapid development and the way in which they transformed the lived every day experience of humans is incomparably greater than anything else we have evidence of in the annals of recorded history. As I said before, to even find a comparable example we likely have to go back to the first farmers -- and the industrial revolution(s) impact was felt a lot faster than the rise of agriculture, which took thousands of years to become a global phenomenon.

What else ranks?

Tools, fire, agriculture.

Next up automated dystopia/utopia and/or genetic self modification.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI

Alex Jones' British moutpiece has uncovered a dastardly plot meant to make him look like an uncultured idiot and never get laid with hot art chicks!

If you're into art at all, you've probably heard the arguments against modern art. Watson somehow found a way to seem even less informed than your typical high school kid, which is impressive.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

asdf32 posted:

What else ranks?

Tools, fire, agriculture.

Next up automated dystopia/utopia and/or genetic self modification.

Other than the ones you listed it would probably be the domestication of certain animals like horses, dogs, pigs and cattle.

And probably the most important post 1940s advancement would be the Green revolution of the 1960s, which interestingly enough, I haven't seen anyone here mention, since I guess smart phones and satellites are sexier than ending famines.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Helsing posted:

So tell us, which technology made sanitation in 1950s London significantly better than sanitation in 1900s London?

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

The most consequential changes in London happened in the second half of the 19th century. The design of housing, neighborhoods and streets were altered so that conditions would be less conducive toward pests like rodents or the spread of deadly diseases. Meanwhile motor vehicles began to replace animals as the main source of transportation, with the first trams and buses starting up right around the turn of the century.

More importantly, though, a guy named Joseph Bazalgette initiated the design and construction of a modern sewer system which utilized pumping houses to move waste around rather than dumping it into the Thames. This massively reduced the incidents of deadly diseases like Cholera and made events like "The Great Stink" of 1858 a thing of the past.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Helsing posted:

The most consequential changes in London happened in the second half of the 19th century.

Okay. Did you read the thread before posting your replies? Because we're talking about asdf32's belief that sanitation and vaccination were invented in the first half of the 20th century:

asdf32 posted:

But, and this is really simple, it turns out saving 63 year olds from sudden heart attacks has less impact on human health and day-to-day life in general than basic sanitation, vaccines and antibiotics that were all invented in the first half of the 20th century.

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

This *total insanity* turned up on facebook today.

http://tabublog.com/2015/12/26/the-...it-corporation/

The tavistock thing is an old Larouche conspiracy theory. But , ah, yeah, Theodor Adono wrote all the beatles /stones/etc music because *barmey loving batshit*.

The irony is Adorno was pretty loving skeptical of pop music in general, considering it bland, manufactured and conforming. He was a classical music dude.

edit:

duck monster fucked around with this message at 09:05 on Jan 27, 2016

Luigi's Discount Porn Bin
Jul 19, 2000

Oven Wrangler
Adorno was also never a member of the Tavistock Institute :confused: Lewin's the real bridge between Tavistock and the Frankfurt School. I mean I guess it's natural that somebody would combine Tavistock paranoia with worries about Cultural Marxism, but the only google hits for Adorno and Tavistock together are about this exact Beatles conspiracy theory.

Interesting note on the Tavistock Institute: free-range batshit ranch Godlike Productions used to (and might still) ban people for mentioning the word "Tavistock," which of course set a lot of people speculating whether GLP was a Tavistock honeypot or limited hangout operation.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

GutBomb posted:

The Haber Process was invented between 1900 and 1930, which is directly responsible for artificial nitrogen fertilisers and feeding something like 1/3rd of the worlds population.

Stopping the supply of fertilisers and feedstock to Germany during WWI for 4 years caused the death of around 600,000 people, so it's a pretty big deal.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Popular Thug Drink posted:

kids are scared of dumb things. when i was 8 it was the height of 80's-90's interest in the paranormal and my biggest, most terrifying fear was being abducted by aliens

the more interesting part is why specifically the illuminati has become a topic of schoolyard conversation at this particular school
Chances are they were playing music by any big musician from the past few years (Off the top of my head I've heard it about Jay Z, Beyonce, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Taylor Swift, and Nicki Minaj) and clicked on a Mark Dice video in the related items.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0637GjJDvk

One kid showed it to everyone else and it spread like urban legends and ghost stories do among kids.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Helsing posted:

The most consequential changes in London happened in the second half of the 19th century. The design of housing, neighborhoods and streets were altered so that conditions would be less conducive toward pests like rodents or the spread of deadly diseases. Meanwhile motor vehicles began to replace animals as the main source of transportation, with the first trams and buses starting up right around the turn of the century.

More importantly, though, a guy named Joseph Bazalgette initiated the design and construction of a modern sewer system which utilized pumping houses to move waste around rather than dumping it into the Thames. This massively reduced the incidents of deadly diseases like Cholera and made events like "The Great Stink" of 1858 a thing of the past.

There's also the point that historically post-medieval Europe has been until relatively recently a low outlier in terms of hygiene.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
New dose of crazy from the same person: Elon Musk is actually 70-80 years old, involved in the moon hoax and gets photoshopped to look younger in the media. SpaceX also has been secretly founded 50+ years ago, long before it had a fake public founding by a digitally de-aged Musk as part of the cover-up for said moon hoax.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Asehujiko posted:

New dose of crazy from the same person: Elon Musk is actually 70-80 years old, involved in the moon hoax and gets photoshopped to look younger in the media. SpaceX also has been secretly founded 50+ years ago, long before it had a fake public founding by a digitally de-aged Musk as part of the cover-up for said moon hoax.

That's a new one.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
The guy with the Tarp from the Oregon standoff is the one who died. It's said he charged a roadblock in one of the stolen BLM Vehicles but went off the road, and after getting stuck in the snow, left the truck and ran at the FBI yelling "Shoot me shoot me!" while brandishing a gun above his head.

Within seconds of him being reported dead, the narrative became that he was executed while surrendering in nutjob circles. Be prepared for this being the take away from Oregon. Unless something else happens like FBI HRT storming the buildings or one of the arrested leaders killing himself while locked up.

Helsing
Aug 23, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

Okay. Did you read the thread before posting your replies? Because we're talking about asdf32's belief that sanitation and vaccination were invented in the first half of the 20th century:

I guess we could debate his exact timeline (I might say late 19th rather than early 20th century) but I think his reasoning is solid.

Remember that technology is more than just gadgets that manipulate the physical world. Technology is also defined as " the specialized aspects of a particular field of endeavor". "Technology" encompass the development of a more scientific and specialized focus on improving public health through sanitation.

Keep in mind that until late in the 19th century germ theory was not widely accepted and antiseptic surgery was only just coming into being. Doctors would operate on their patients without even bothering to wash their hands first! In addition to this, the level of social complexity necessary to really conceive of public sanitation as being a coherent objective at all was quite new. Even the basics of statistics -- and with it, the ability to think of the people of London as constituting a "population" that could be defined and then turned into a manipulable object upon which social policy could be enacted -- were themselves relatively recent, having only really developed in the mid 18th century.

What happened in the period we're discussing is that a number of different conditions, scientific, social, physical and even ideological, were all suddenly met, allowing public sanitation as it is modernly understood to come into existence. People had previously understood that there were benefits to cleanliness and that environmental conditions could impact health, but I don't think that this alone really constitutes anything resembling what we'd think of as modern, scientifically informed set of practices that we think of today when we imagine sanitation or public health.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

twistedmentat posted:

The guy with the Tarp from the Oregon standoff is the one who died. It's said he charged a roadblock in one of the stolen BLM Vehicles but went off the road, and after getting stuck in the snow, left the truck and ran at the FBI yelling "Shoot me shoot me!" while brandishing a gun above his head.

Within seconds of him being reported dead, the narrative became that he was executed while surrendering in nutjob circles. Be prepared for this being the take away from Oregon. Unless something else happens like FBI HRT storming the buildings or one of the arrested leaders killing himself while locked up.

This legit made me sigh and say "only one?" to myself before I realized what I was saying. Even those turds deserve a nice federal prison stay over death.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Sir Tonk posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ANA8SI_KvqI

Alex Jones' British moutpiece has uncovered a dastardly plot meant to make him look like an uncultured idiot and never get laid with hot art chicks!

If you're into art at all, you've probably heard the arguments against modern art. Watson somehow found a way to seem even less informed than your typical high school kid, which is impressive.

Oh god I know a guy like this, his favorite artist is Thomas Kinkade :suicide:

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Mulva posted:

Oh god I know a guy like this, his favorite artist is Thomas Kinkade :suicide:

Hey it could be worse. Could be Hitler.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Helsing posted:

I guess we could debate his exact timeline (I might say late 19th rather than early 20th century) but I think his reasoning is solid.

Remember that technology is more than just gadgets that manipulate the physical world. Technology is also defined as " the specialized aspects of a particular field of endeavor". "Technology" encompass the development of a more scientific and specialized focus on improving public health through sanitation.

Keep in mind that until late in the 19th century germ theory was not widely accepted and antiseptic surgery was only just coming into being. Doctors would operate on their patients without even bothering to wash their hands first! In addition to this, the level of social complexity necessary to really conceive of public sanitation as being a coherent objective at all was quite new. Even the basics of statistics -- and with it, the ability to think of the people of London as constituting a "population" that could be defined and then turned into a manipulable object upon which social policy could be enacted -- were themselves relatively recent, having only really developed in the mid 18th century.

What happened in the period we're discussing is that a number of different conditions, scientific, social, physical and even ideological, were all suddenly met, allowing public sanitation as it is modernly understood to come into existence. People had previously understood that there were benefits to cleanliness and that environmental conditions could impact health, but I don't think that this alone really constitutes anything resembling what we'd think of as modern, scientifically informed set of practices that we think of today when we imagine sanitation or public health.

Sure, sanitation came a very long way thanks to work done in the 19th century and continued to advance through the 20th century, especially as public perception changed. That's not being disputed. What I am disputing is the idea that sanitation and vaccination were invented in the 20th century. There's no reasoning behind that statement, it's just a false assertion.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Jack Gladney posted:

This legit made me sigh and say "only one?" to myself before I realized what I was saying. Even those turds deserve a nice federal prison stay over death.

That's the rub for the Patriots, if they all get nice prison terms, then the movement doesn't have the martyrs it so desperately wants. They wanted a big apocalyptic battle with the FBI so like minded people would see what they viewed as true Patriots gunned down by an uncaring government that would give them a call to arms. Though when push came to shove, most booked it, leaving only the nuttiest of the poo poo behind.

It's going to be a popular topic in conspiracy circles, but I really, really hope it doesn't turn into another truther or birther thing. Though considering how massively unpopular these guys were locals, I doubt we'll get anyone outside of the fringe championing them. Hell, they alienated Alex Jones.

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy
Seems to me this thread has been infiltrated by paid NSA shills to derail the important research and discussion by filling it up with tangents about 1900s London's sanitation and train networks.

Classic shill behaviour. I refer you to

http://www.cluesforum.info/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1388

quote:

Technique #3 - 'TOPIC DILUTION'

Topic dilution is not only effective in forum sliding it is also very useful in keeping the forum readers on unrelated and non-productive issues. This is a critical and useful technique to cause a 'RESOURCE BURN.' By implementing continual and non-related postings that distract and disrupt (trolling ) the forum readers they are more effectively stopped from anything of any real productivity. If the intensity of gradual dilution is intense enough, the readers will effectively stop researching and simply slip into a 'gossip mode.' In this state they can be more easily misdirected away from facts towards uninformed conjecture and opinion. The less informed they are the more effective and easy it becomes to control the entire group in the direction that you would desire the group to go in. It must be stressed that a proper assessment of the psychological capabilities and levels of education is first determined of the group to determine at what level to 'drive in the wedge.' By being too far off topic too quickly it may trigger censorship by a forum moderator.

I'm more interested in the last attempt to depopulate the planet. Zika.

http://www.naturalnews.com/044182_birth_defects_anencephaly_Washington_State.html

quote:

On the surface, this looks like yet another example of poisoning that Natural News editor and founder Mike Adams, the Health Ranger, wrote about recently when he said humanity doesn't stand a chance of surviving this onslaught of corporate-sponsored genocide

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

You're wrong, it's topic homeopathy :colbert:.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
The most significant advances in public health have been fluoridation through water and chemtrails. It isn't a positive development but deploying high level Nazi technology across the entire population is having an impact almost as large as accidental poisonings like bisphenol A or the AIDS and Ebola "outbreaks".

• Locked thread