Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

Bowling: Serious Business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
But only in Quebec apparently

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

The very rare Batman/Stardust the Superwizard crossover issue.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Batman hates confederate generals.

Actually can anyone find a silver age cover of him going back to the American Civil War?

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

I wanna party with the silver age writers. Because clearly they knew how to get the good poo poo.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

If by "the good poo poo" you mean "work every day and night until their fingers bled to keep up with deadlines and letting the fugue state inform any creative whim solid enough to draw" then yeah. They were party animals.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

Speaking of Silver Age party animals.

TAP TAP PLINK PLINK TAP TAP PLINK PLINK

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Cangelosi posted:

I think I live upstairs from these two.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Cangelosi posted:

I don't know why "er...Kent Cut-Ups" strikes me as so funny, but here we are.

Content: behold the first recorded goon!

Tales of Horror #8

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

this is not a parody or anything, this is an entirely in-character serious segment from Peter Parker, The Spectacular Spider-Man #81

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Yeah, Punisher used to be great.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty
Does the Punisher retrieve his spent casings?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Potato Jones posted:

Does the Punisher retrieve his spent casings?

Why would he? Dude is proud of his work.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Every one is engraved with a picture of his dead family.

Potato Jones
Apr 9, 2007

Clever Betty

Serious Frolicking posted:

Why would he? Dude is proud of his work.
LITTERING is a crime against society.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Punisher is a terrible loving shot.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I hate how they retconned this to be him tripping balls after Jigsaw drugged him.

Never seen these panels before. I always assumed the literring thing was the Punisher jumping outta the bushes at a park and opening fire at someone after they missed the trashcan.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

I remember when Punisher was first introduced, he used :airquote: mercy bullets because of course you couldn't have him just murdering people left and right. Wonder when they said "aw, screw it" and let him use real bullets.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Selachian posted:

I remember when Punisher was first introduced, he used :airquote: mercy bullets

As in "death is a mercy"?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Selachian posted:

I remember when Punisher was first introduced, he used :airquote: mercy bullets because of course you couldn't have him just murdering people left and right. Wonder when they said "aw, screw it" and let him use real bullets.

When he was first introduced in Spider-Man he totally killed people, then eventually when he started getting popular he switched to mercy bullets and after that they switched back to real bullets.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When was the series that was basically a gun catalogue with comments?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

goatface posted:

When was the series that was basically a gun catalogue with comments?
The Punisher Armory, from 1990-1994.

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

The thing about Punisher is he's also a strict disciplinarian.

Cangelosi fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 26, 2016

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Selachian posted:

"Oh, they're mercy bullets. They're just sleeping"

Veotax
May 16, 2006

I bet Bane cuts a mean promo.

Injustice: Year 5 #6

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'd totally be down for a Punisher run where he tries not to kill people.

I also think it'd be cool if someone did that with Joker. You don't even have to justify it with him, just make him think his act's getting stale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qilpBROFuts&t=500s

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Veotax posted:

Assume the controls, Bruce Wayne. SHOVE THAT BATWING INTO A NOSEDIVE, BRUCE WAYNE! Push yourself to total self-destruction. As you realize, Bruce Wayne, you are about to enter a world close to Parts Unknown.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Selachian posted:

In that very issue he shoots up a drug den and Spider-man or Cloak/Dagger mention the use of "mercy bullets", but also explicitly mention that all the druggies are dead, so I'm not quite sure what they were talking about.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Because Bruce Wayne yeah, I am the cream, yeah, the cream of the crop. And there is no one that does it better than Bane! On balance, off balance, doesn't matter. I'm better than you are, yeah and I'm talking everyone in Gotham City. And I'm even talking to Commissioner James Gordon, yeah. I'm on my way and nothing is gonna stop me. Nothing's gonna stop me.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Ghostlight posted:

In that very issue he shoots up a drug den and Spider-man or Cloak/Dagger mention the use of "mercy bullets", but also explicitly mention that all the druggies are dead, so I'm not quite sure what they were talking about.

The most tender of mercies: sweet release from this fallen world.

Gummy Joe
Aug 16, 2007

Well, I wouldn't have Ol' Chomper here, that's for sure!

Veotax posted:

Batman put hard times on Bane and his family. You don’t know what hard times are daddy. Hard times are when the you're serving a life sentence for your father's crimes, when every day may be your last, and you are subjected to experiments to get ya hooked on Venom. And hard times are when a man who has broken free from that prison, and has worked to become King of Gotham, and has broken the Bat, a new Bat comes along and puts a few shurikens in his arm and says "hey I'm the King now", that's hard times! And Batman, you put hard times on this city by takin' Bane out, that's hard times. And we all had hard times together, and I admit, I don't get pumped on Venom like I used to. My chest's a little smaller, my arms a little smaller, but brother, I am bad. And you know I'm bad.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
You know, they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Batman, and you can see that statement is not true! See, normally if you go one-on-one with a super villian, you got a 50-50 chance of winnin'. But I use Venom, and I'm not normal, so you got a 25% at best at beatin' me! And then you add Superman to the mix? Your chances of winnin' drasticy go down. See the three-way, at Gotham, you got a 33 1/3 chance of wiinnin'. But I, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning, cause Superman KNOWS he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try! So, Batman, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winnin' at Gotham! But then you take my 75 perchance chance at winnin', if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 ch-percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin at Gotham! See Wayne, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Gotham!

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Gummy Joe posted:

Batman put hard times on Bane and his family. You don’t know what hard times are daddy. Hard times are when the you're serving a life sentence for your father's crimes, when every day may be your last, and you are subjected to experiments to get ya hooked on Venom. And hard times are when a man who has broken free from that prison, and has worked to become King of Gotham, and has broken the Bat, a new Bat comes along and puts a few shurikens in his arm and says "hey I'm the King now", that's hard times! And Batman, you put hard times on this city by takin' Bane out, that's hard times. And we all had hard times together, and I admit, I don't get pumped on Venom like I used to. My chest's a little smaller, my arms a little smaller, but brother, I am bad. And you know I'm bad.

For added bonus, imagine this in Tom Hardy's Bane voice. But with the Dusty lisp.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Lurdiak posted:

I'd totally be down for a Punisher run where he tries not to kill people.

I also think it'd be cool if someone did that with Joker. You don't even have to justify it with him, just make him think his act's getting stale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qilpBROFuts&t=500s

Not sure if this is spoilers for the Jessica Jones Netflix show, but we kind of got that for an episode where Kilgrave tries to help people to impress her, and I thought it was really drat funny.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

WickedHate posted:

You know, they say all men are created equal, but you look at me and you look at Batman, and you can see that statement is not true! See, normally if you go one-on-one with a super villian, you got a 50-50 chance of winnin'. But I use Venom, and I'm not normal, so you got a 25% at best at beatin' me! And then you add Superman to the mix? Your chances of winnin' drasticy go down. See the three-way, at Gotham, you got a 33 1/3 chance of wiinnin'. But I, I got a 66 2/3 chance of winning, cause Superman KNOWS he can't beat me, and he's not even gonna try! So, Batman, you take your 33 1/3 chance, minus my 25 percent chance, and you got an 8 1/3 chance of winnin' at Gotham! But then you take my 75 perchance chance at winnin', if we was to go one-on-one, and to add 66 2/3 ch-percents, I got a 141 2/3 chance of winnin at Gotham! See Wayne, the numbers don't lie, and they spell disaster for you at Gotham!

FAAAAAAT ASSES.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Deadbeat Spider-Man.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Veotax posted:

Thank you for watching, and if you like my kidnapping fight ultimatums be sure to like, comment and subscribe! #breakthebat

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014

Bruceski posted:

Thank you for watching, and if you like my kidnapping fight ultimatums be sure to like, comment and subscribe! #breakthebat

I never realized how much I wanted cr1tikal as Bane before this moment. Would have been a marked improvement to Dark Knight Rises.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Veotax posted:

The first thing I want to be done is to get that piece of crap out of my city! Don't just get him out of the city, get him out of the DC Universe, because I proved, son, without a shadow of a doubt, that you ain't got what it takes anymore! You sit there, and you type at your Batcomputer, and you do your prep time, and it didn't get you anywhere! Talk about your vengeance, talk about Detective Comics #27... BATMAN #497 SAYS I JUST BROKE YOUR BACK!