Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
ha ha it's funny because concentration camps and viddy games

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

:yeah:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Shaggar posted:

star citizen was mildly funny 2 years ago or something but idiots cant stop talking about it. its like bitcoin thread. it belongs in gbs.

I don't read gbs so I only get an update when something new goes wrong, and it's always funny

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Al! posted:

I don't read gbs so I only get an update when something new goes wrong, and it's always funny

No it isn't.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

what would you know you've never been funny in your life

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
i too am not intrigued by the star citizen drama because it requires me to research to even have a chance of finding something funny about it, of which there is no guarantee i would

c g s: going to be starting ground zeroes (then phantom pain) tonight. besides knowing the pp ending is bad is there anything i need to know to make the whole experience as good as it can be

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Kenny Logins posted:

i too am not intrigued by the star citizen drama because it requires me to research to even have a chance of finding something funny about it, of which there is no guarantee i would

c g s: going to be starting ground zeroes (then phantom pain) tonight. besides knowing the pp ending is bad is there anything i need to know to make the whole experience as good as it can be

you can upgrade your horse to poop on command

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

don't spend any time during the intro customizing your character Kenny

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Al! posted:

what would you know you've never been funny in your life

Just because I made you mad enough to leave the forums in tears, doesn't mean I aren't funny.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

sorry knuc, that dog don't hunt

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

How mad were you when you logged out of the forums when you announced you were leaving? Did you know you be back in a mere few months?

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Kenny Logins posted:

-research the shotguns early to get the silenced stun one
-when you get combat deployments send your troops out to destroy helmet shipments
-ddog is OP cus he auto marks guys 100m out
-smoke nades are really good. throw one into a group of guys then cqc them all for balloon times
-pay attention to the resource bonuses you get when choosing your FOB. if you find yourself constantly lacking a resource (ie fuel) make a FOB with a bonus to that
-do not bring non-lethal weapons to mission 45 like i did :negative:

edit: also once you get the medical strut take a look around on it

Kuvo fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jan 26, 2016

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

I watched the giant bomb quick look of the witness, it reminds me a lot of antechamber, so I'm definitely going to play it tonight

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
tubbs ate all my ritzy bitz

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
tubbs u fat fukk

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

dragon enthusiast posted:

tubbs ate all my ritzy bitz

sashimi or gtfo

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Yodzilla posted:

tubbs u fat fukk

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
i had a kathmandu show up the last time i put down ritzy bitz so I tried it again

it failed

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

Kenny Logins posted:

- if you want to be a real tryhard, you don't need anything except a tranq pistol and extraction balloons. don't be one of those, use all the murder toys you're given
- try to have a light machine gun handy when the usual mgs freaks show up
- you'll never be wanting for skilled soldiers. go ahead and kill people, a bullet costs less GMP than extracting a dude and having Miller show them the door because the base is full of heroes already
- you can't steal anything heavier than soviet jarheads at start. in mission 10, sweep the supply depot for prisoners
- when you do the real early mission about knocking out an AAA radar, use the default drop zone to find puppy
- pet puppy

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
- play the game like normal. there's no secret to it, dumbass.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Squeezy Farm posted:

- play the game like normal. there's no secret to it, dumbass.
sometimes games are more fun if you know a thing or two before you play them

knowing there's no tips to know before playing is in itself a useful tip

thanks for the feedback, all

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
ground zeroes is pretty straight forward but if you do all the extra ops and rescue the pows you get some pretty decent soldiers in phantom pain. you can do the missions whenever though, just make sure to upload the data in ground zeroes main menu and download it in phantom pain

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Kenny Logins posted:

sometimes games are more fun if you know a thing or two before you play them

knowing there's no tips to know before playing is in itself a useful tip

thanks for the feedback, all

oh, in that case the guy you play as isn't the real big boss, and quiet dies later on.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Squeezy Farm posted:

oh, in that case the guy you play as isn't the real big boss, and quiet dies later on.
i heard about that last part already on top of the ending being basically unfinished

i was thinking more along the lines of tips like "go 100% good or 100% bad, you get hosed if you stay in the middle" for games like kotor 1/2 or "pick the good side powers because they are more fun" for infamous 2

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
mgs 5/ground zeroes tips:

- they are bad games
- don't play them

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

it should be grounds zero

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Squeezy Farm posted:

spoilers are meaningless.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Pinterest Mom posted:

it should be grounds zero

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
i wasn't really into the MGS series *at all* and I liked MGSV. it's a good game. never finished the last act or whatever but i got a solid 50+ hours out of it.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

duTrieux. posted:

spoilers are meaningless.

spoilers are meaningless but extra so when it comes to video games

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

imagine getting this in the mail, already framed

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

I'm going to hang it in the office, next to my shelf full of preorder figurines

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

Al! posted:

I'm going to hang it in the office, next to my shelf full of preorder figurines

Lmao, crossposting to the 5 figgy fucktard thread.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

has nintendo of america gone too far

petting minigame removed from north american release of FE: fates

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

total gameplay across all monthly ps+ game (vita, ps3, ps4) titles, in ps3 controllers: 13

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

did that come to you?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
(after reading original youtube post) aw, they removed some cat petting minigame? what could possibly be wrong wi:stare:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

why is that man trying so hard to give that anime girl short roller derby bangs

e: oh you edited out the video. cool.

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Kenny Logins posted:

id cry if someone framed my online playtime since its all ffxiv and its my chat room of choice

Pinterest Mom posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad