Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Shared by My Dad. :smith:

I was actually kind of disappointed. Based on the lurid headline I was expecting some wild conspiracy theory, but it turns out they're just spinning the heck out of the fact that that rules of engagement are a thing that exists, and we're only bombing people sometimes, like when there's not babies around and poo poo. The article gets all "abloohoohoo why can't we bomb indiscriminately like the Russians?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Immolat1on posted:

http://imgur.com/qNdrmVa

Besides the long nonsensical rant this smug gently caress is not taking sides like the shape of the Earth doesn't affect him in any way. How is anyone that boring???

Other than the fact that this is bonkers, this seems so weirdly specific? Like, out of all the things you think you're being lied to about, you choose the general shape of the Earth to distill all your efforts into.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

Otisburg posted:

I was actually kind of disappointed. Based on the lurid headline I was expecting some wild conspiracy theory, but it turns out they're just spinning the heck out of the fact that that rules of engagement are a thing that exists, and we're only bombing people sometimes, like when there's not babies around and poo poo. The article gets all "abloohoohoo why can't we bomb indiscriminately like the Russians?"

Which ignores the fact that drone strikes kill civilians regularly. But it's not a guy actually in the jet pressing a button and watching people die, so Obama must love ISIS.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Practical Demon posted:

Which ignores the fact that drone strikes kill civilians regularly. But it's not a guy actually in the jet pressing a button and watching people die, so Obama must love ISIS.

Still a billion or two Muslims left not free enough.

SkinCrawling
Oct 9, 2012

This B.o.B nonsense has esculated even further, he recently made a diss track against Neil DeGrasse Tyson for daring to reply to his dumb tweets :allears:

One interesting line is that he tells people to look up David Irvin... a historical revisionist, holocaust denying antisemite who hates black people. Really.

Speaking of science!

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Sadly in today's grant driven science branch that's not far off from the truth at all :smith:

E: even though it's more "Need to find the result that fits my narrative so I can finish this paper and get grants next year"

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Otisburg posted:

Wait your dad is upset that the US ISN'T killing civilians and children? Find a new dad.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Gridlocked posted:

Wait your dad is upset that the US ISN'T killing civilians and children? Find a new dad.

He's pushing 80 and basically the whole world has left him behind. It actually makes me a bit sad because he's still, you know, my Dad. In this case I'm not sure if he even read the article or just shared it because of anti-Obama sentiment.

And I'm sure at least some of the poo poo that's normal, even progressive to believe today will be considered regressive/outmoded/shockingly backwards when (well, if, really) I'm 80. Basically:

Here's some original content from him:

"There's a whole lot of cintroversy as to Weather Obama is a muslim. That's immaterial in that everything he says, does or doesn't do or say is exactly what a muslim would do. It's actions that count, not whatever is on his nametag."

:smith:

FWIW I replied to that one saying I think the best take on that was by Colin Powell during the '08 campaign.

I push back, but as civily as I can and pick my battles, because I don't want to cause a row over some stupid paleoconservative meme that blows up and have that be my last memory of my Dad.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.
Weather Obama, that's the guy doing the global warming, right?

Question Mark Mound
Jun 14, 2006

Tokyo Crystal Mew
Dancing Godzilla
He's so close to having a modern and progressive viewpoint. "It doesn't matter what label is thrown on him, it's his actions that count." Then comes "and his actions are that of a bloody Muslim."

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Whenever I see this I cringe.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

I've seen that cartoon dozens of times and I just noticed the little kid in the future is wearing bondage gear and nipple rings.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

hyperhazard posted:

Conveniently forgetting that it was 65 degrees on the east coast over Christmas.

Plus, climate change doesn't work that way at all

It was loving 80 here... That guy can suck my globally warmed dick.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Otisburg posted:

He's pushing 80 and basically the whole world has left him behind. It actually makes me a bit sad because he's still, you know, my Dad. In this case I'm not sure if he even read the article or just shared it because of anti-Obama sentiment.

And I'm sure at least some of the poo poo that's normal, even progressive to believe today will be considered regressive/outmoded/shockingly backwards when (well, if, really) I'm 80. Basically:

Here's some original content from him:

"There's a whole lot of cintroversy as to Weather Obama is a muslim. That's immaterial in that everything he says, does or doesn't do or say is exactly what a muslim would do. It's actions that count, not whatever is on his nametag."

:smith:

FWIW I replied to that one saying I think the best take on that was by Colin Powell during the '08 campaign.

I push back, but as civily as I can and pick my battles, because I don't want to cause a row over some stupid paleoconservative meme that blows up and have that be my last memory of my Dad.

Yeah I know the feeling honestly.

What I didn't say in my previous post is it reminds me a bit of my old man, who is in hi mid 60's. He isn't trying to be a dick, or ruffle feathers but he just does sometimes.

The thing that gets me the most is if someone is homosexual or bisexual that he knows the first thing he mentions when referring to someone of said persuasion is "PERSONSNAME, the double adapter." It's like cmon man, you don't have to point that out.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

hyperhazard posted:

Conveniently forgetting that it was 65 degrees on the east coast over Christmas.

Climate Change is just a name they gave it after Global Warming was proven completely false by a big blizzard that happened in my area! They just change the name of the thing so it's harder to argue against!

One thing I'll never understand about Climate Change denial is that everyone seems to think there's some sort of "Big Wind" or something behind climate research studies that show fossil fuels to be a contributor, but somehow, Big Oil couldn't possibly be behind the research the proves that it isn't. That research is good, and we just all have Obama's wool over our eyes.

Hatrocious
Jan 1, 2013
I used to think you were cool, B.o.B :smith:

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK
Do flat-earthers ever explain what the end game to all this supposed conspiracy is? Who's profiting from the round earth lie? Is it a just so a bunch of eggheads at NASA can laugh at the ignorant masses?

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Oh my sweet gods. I don't know if I should post this here or in the schadenfreude thread but, just, drat.

https://www.facebook.com/rikeste/videos/993795060693888/

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Norwegians are loving weird.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

mng posted:

Norwegians are loving weird.
Even for Norwegians, that is beyond the pale.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Christo posted:

Do flat-earthers ever explain what the end game to all this supposed conspiracy is? Who's profiting from the round earth lie? Is it a just so a bunch of eggheads at NASA can laugh at the ignorant masses?

I've been trying to figure this out as well, but I'm more concerned how they handwave people flying west from the United States to Asia.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Christo posted:

Poe's law. It's a mix of people who are just idiots and believe it, and people who are essentially trolls having a laugh.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Oh my sweet gods. I don't know if I should post this here or in the schadenfreude thread but, just, drat.

I'm a cat. I can talk and I wear clothes, but I'm totally a cat. Cats get their lips pierced right?

My human ears and eyes can somehow hear and see better because I am a cat.

I hope this video haunts her for the remainder of her life long after she has grown up and stopped being a cat.

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

Indolent Bastard posted:

I'm a cat. I can talk and I wear clothes, but I'm totally a cat. Cats get their lips pierced right?

My human ears and eyes can somehow hear and see better because I am a cat.

I hope this video haunts her for the remainder of her life long after she has grown up and stopped being a cat.

She is never going to stop being a cat.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Tiberius Thyben posted:

She is never going to stop being a cat.

Of course she won't :rolleyes:

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Everything she claims to do is probably stuff that she has seen cats do without actually understanding it. Like, I once saw a cat hiss at a dog so all cats must hiss at dogs so I must hiss at a dog too. Also lol at her trying and failing to catch a mouse. She is a lovely cat.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Madkal posted:

Everything she claims to do is probably stuff that she has seen cats do without actually understanding it. Like, I once saw a cat hiss at a dog so all cats must hiss at dogs so I must hiss at a dog too. Also lol at her trying and failing to catch a mouse. She is a lovely cat.

Put her on diet kibble, she will get leaner and be a better mouser.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
Her in 20 years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwhVFKzA72Q

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Christo posted:

Same question but global climate change deniers. What do those dirty liberals gain? Dirty windmill money?

Are they arguing because liberals are a thing they hate and will oppose literally everything they support for no reason?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Rolo posted:

Same question but global climate change deniers. What do those dirty liberals gain? Dirty windmill money?

Are they arguing because liberals are a thing they hate and will oppose literally everything they support for no reason?

There is a lot of money in climate regulation, research, and carbon credits.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

It's a whole range of reasons, from "counteracting it would require making some sacrifices on my part, and gently caress that, I'M AN AMERICAN" to "Jesus provides! We'll all be fine!"

Llama Sex Wars
Oct 26, 2013

quote:

Yes.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
There's also the idea that the government regulating anything at all is bad, and that we (and by extension, corporations) should be allowed to use whatever fuel source we want, regardless of the harm it does to the environment.

One of the weirdest things I've heard from my dad about this is that he is incredibly against wind and solar farms for some reason, but 100% in favor of more nuclear plants. It's really strange that somehow something that's technically cleaner but with an actively dangerous waste product is somehow better for the environment than a big windmill.

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib
I wonder if BoB caught the latest X-Files before going bonkers?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

[url]https://www.facebook.com/rikeste/videos/993795060693888/[/url

Man, I never know how to feel about this sort of stuff. On the one hand, yes, this is weird! But on the other, a lot of the elements in my religion coud be considered weird too. Does it make me an rear end in a top hat to consider this person weird when my religion state that the son of God sacrificed himself so that we could be free from sin?

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

paradoxGentleman posted:

Man, I never know how to feel about this sort of stuff. On the one hand, yes, this is weird! But on the other, a lot of the elements in my religion coud be considered weird too. Does it make me an rear end in a top hat to consider this person weird when my religion state that the son of God sacrificed himself so that we could be free from sin?

no

artsy fartsy
May 10, 2014

You'll be ahead instead of behind. Hello!
Counterpoint: yes

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

paradoxGentleman posted:

Depends, do you think Jesus and/or God are also cats?

E:

V I'll shame who I want! V

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 20:18 on Jan 26, 2016

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

E: ^ Please don't shame ancient Egypt. ^

hyperhazard posted:

Scarf posted:

It was loving 80 here... That guy can suck my globally warmed dick.

I can't find it now but I saw a political cartoon the other day, it was an artist holding up one of those "SO MUCH FOR GLOBAL WARMING" cartoons and saying "hmm, i seem to be making these later and later every year..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

paradoxGentleman posted:

we call this line of thinking "the slippery slope"