Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Just finished Makeb for the first time ever as a DS character and wow. :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Okay I feel like I am missing something obvious but what does this game want for me to validate an email? It's having me do this before I get a character to 20 but it doesn't work on the email I actually use, for the game and otherwise. It wants a different email which I sent to a dummy email where it says 'We have received your request to update your email address for the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ website.". What the heck am I missing.

Deceptive Thinker
Oct 5, 2005

I'll rip out your optics!
Apparently the key to getting all the mvp votes is topping both damage and healing by a good amount
One of my teammates even thought we had a real healer on the team

Why hadn't I played a sage until now? It's hilarious to watch people just melt

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Finished up my HK-51 quest tonight. A couple of those parts took a while to find today...

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

dreffen posted:

Just finished Makeb for the first time ever as a DS character and wow. :stare:

Great for making Skadge or other psycho companions love you and really delivers on the "gently caress it, kill em all" premise.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
My Jugg reached 50 last night (still on Taris) while doing the Forge in solo mode.

Fighting Revan by myself made me feel like a total badass.

Moreau
Jul 26, 2009

Hmmm, I'm fiddling around with my Harbinger alt's costume, and I'm wondering - does anyone know if there is anything similar to the Frenzied Zealot glove? Particularly the clawed fingers? I'm going for more of a 'light armor' look, and the Frenzied Zealot itself is a little too 'heavy armour', and as we all know, Pretty Space Barbie Princess is serious business. Can't cross the streams! For reference:

They do look awesome with a lightning nimbus playing around them, I'll give them that.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I had a 4 day weekend so I renewed my account and got my dude to 65, did all the new content, etc. Couple of dumb questions:

-What's the best thing to do with un-needed purple gear? I had old raid gear that I've upgraded. I'm guessing sell?

-When are the usual times for goon raids? I need me some better gear!

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Jose Oquendo posted:

I had a 4 day weekend so I renewed my account and got my dude to 65, did all the new content, etc. Couple of dumb questions:

-What's the best thing to do with un-needed purple gear? I had old raid gear that I've upgraded. I'm guessing sell?

-When are the usual times for goon raids? I need me some better gear!

Keep the gear if you like the look of it, since you can use it in outfit designer. Otherwise vendor it.

No such thing as usual times for goon raids, we don't regularly raid. Sometimes we'll get a spontaneous one going if enough people are on and interested but it's usually only 2-3 people who want to raid.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I should probably have read the manual because I had no idea that outfit designer was a thing. Awesome. Thanks!

So would anyone like to try to do more regular raids? Maybe we can try to get something going here.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
When are servers supposed to come back up?

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Verranicus posted:

When are servers supposed to come back up?

I want to say that servers are usually predicted to be back up around noon EST, but they're often up by eleven. Sometimes, of course, they're not up until later.

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe
They came back up pretty quickly this week, there was no client patch.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

shadok posted:

They came back up pretty quickly this week, there was no client patch.

Darn. I was hoping for bugfixes and a new cartel pack.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Verranicus posted:

Darn. I was hoping for bugfixes and a new cartel pack.

They've said no new pack until February.

Zelmel
Sep 17, 2004

O brain new world, that has such ganglia in't!
So might be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway: is there a "canon" direction for the various class quests? Like does the light side/dark side choice or anything else make enough difference that one is more "correct" for a given class for the overall plot/expansions?

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Zelmel posted:

So might be a dumb question, but I'll ask it anyway: is there a "canon" direction for the various class quests? Like does the light side/dark side choice or anything else make enough difference that one is more "correct" for a given class for the overall plot/expansions?

The expansions will typically only give a brief one sentence nod towards choices you've made in the past every now and then if that, so I wouldn't worry too much. Shadow of Revan has one whole unique quest per class that continues from whatever choices you made, though.

For example, as a BH, Imperials and Sith will say slightly different things to you depending on your choice at the end of Chapter 3, but the story itself remains the same.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Moreau posted:

Hmmm, I'm fiddling around with my Harbinger alt's costume, and I'm wondering - does anyone know if there is anything similar to the Frenzied Zealot glove? Particularly the clawed fingers? I'm going for more of a 'light armor' look, and the Frenzied Zealot itself is a little too 'heavy armour', and as we all know, Pretty Space Barbie Princess is serious business. Can't cross the streams! For reference:

Marka Ragnos gloves have slightly clawed fingertips in a lighter armor.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Crafting changes coming

New mats, but hoarders like me will be able to trade grade 8 for grade 9 mats fit a short time.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

Crafting changes coming

New mats, but hoarders like me will be able to trade grade 8 for grade 9 mats fit a short time.

I wish I had known this was coming. I've got a character I'm trying to push to 50 so that he can get cyan crystals and match his lightsabers with his Gree armor. :spergin:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Crafting changes coming

No level requirements on crafted crystals (they're all +41 now, too) is a nice change.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Okay I feel like I am missing something obvious but what does this game want for me to validate an email? It's having me do this before I get a character to 20 but it doesn't work on the email I actually use, for the game and otherwise. It wants a different email which I sent to a dummy email where it says 'We have received your request to update your email address for the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ website.". What the heck am I missing.

Check your email after a few hours. It took a silly amount of time to get through to me for some reason. Check spam filters etc.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Cyrano4747 posted:

Check your email after a few hours. It took a silly amount of time to get through to me for some reason. Check spam filters etc.

For the last year or two it's required you to have two confirmed email addresses. This is to combat credit sellers, and is working phenomenally as I never see spam in general or get mail from Shedd.

He said he sent it to a "dummy" email address... If you didn't use a real email address there's a good chance you won't get that email.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Medullah posted:

For the last year or two it's required you to have two confirmed email addresses. This is to combat credit sellers, and is working phenomenally as I never see spam in general or get mail from Shedd.

I actually saw Shedd the other day -- standing by a mailbox on Hutta. Really wanted to kill them. :doom:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Medullah posted:

Well, something must be working right. I know of at least one person who got their account suspended for advertising a gold-selling website.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

prefect posted:

I actually saw Shedd the other day -- standing by a mailbox on Hutta. Really wanted to kill them. :doom:

I opened an actual ticket wondering why he hasn't been banned yet. I've been getting mails from him for six months at least. Maybe it's a matter of him being banned and making the exact same character name as part of a bot macro

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Nipponophile posted:

Well, something must be working right. I know of at least one person who got their account suspended for advertising a gold-selling website.

Yep, foolproof!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am confused by something, I am trying to do the solo mode for Korriban Incursion, but the game won't let me. How do I access it? I am level 58 and on the quest Forged Alliance: Part I and Shadow Revan Prelude.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Medullah posted:

He said he sent it to a "dummy" email address... If you didn't use a real email address there's a good chance you won't get that email.

huuuuuuuuhhh..... well, I have a confirmed account and only used one email address, and I'm getting at least 2-3 spam messages a day with offers of credits for cash. I report every single one yet I keep getting the same offers from the same people. Last time I logged in I had 6 active tickets, 4 of them dealing with the same person, and the oldest dated either the 12th or 15th. I didn't think much of it as that's kind of par for the course with most MMOs I've been on but holy poo poo if it was worse than this it must have been bad.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I am confused by something, I am trying to do the solo mode for Korriban Incursion, but the game won't let me. How do I access it? I am level 58 and on the quest Forged Alliance: Part I and Shadow Revan Prelude.

Have you done Assault on Tython already? That's the first part for Imperial side

pinkk
Sep 6, 2004

hi
Do Karagga's palace if you can today. You get like 9k conquest points and it's the op of the day so you'll get a bunch of useless crystals as well.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Have you done Assault on Tython already? That's the first part for Imperial side

I don't actually know. I don't have a quest telling me to do it.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Medullah posted:

I opened an actual ticket wondering why he hasn't been banned yet. I've been getting mails from him for six months at least. Maybe it's a matter of him being banned and making the exact same character name as part of a bot macro

SWTOR is a dying game and Shedd is an actual bioware account trying to raise extra cash

this isn't true but let's see if we can get the rumor started

Jan
Feb 27, 2008

The disruptive powers of excessive national fecundity may have played a greater part in bursting the bonds of convention than either the power of ideas or the errors of autocracy.

Cyrano4747 posted:

huuuuuuuuhhh..... well, I have a confirmed account and only used one email address, and I'm getting at least 2-3 spam messages a day with offers of credits for cash. I report every single one yet I keep getting the same offers from the same people. Last time I logged in I had 6 active tickets, 4 of them dealing with the same person, and the oldest dated either the 12th or 15th. I didn't think much of it as that's kind of par for the course with most MMOs I've been on but holy poo poo if it was worse than this it must have been bad.

:thejoke:

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

I said come in! posted:

I don't actually know. I don't have a quest telling me to do it.

Do you have the Prelude to Shadow of Revan? Go to your ship and see if there is a mission terminal.

I'm assuming of course you're a subscriber so you actually HAVE Shadow of Revan.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Medullah posted:

Do you have the Prelude to Shadow of Revan? Go to your ship and see if there is a mission terminal.

I'm assuming of course you're a subscriber so you actually HAVE Shadow of Revan.

Yes, I have that quest. I tried doing the instance with a group but they were all retarded, didnt talk in chat, and couldnt stay alive against normal difficulty mobs.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I said come in! posted:

Yes, I have that quest. I tried doing the instance with a group but they were all retarded, didnt talk in chat, and couldnt stay alive against normal difficulty mobs.

If you still have the group quest active in your log, you won't be able to start it solo. Maybe that's your problem? If you clear it from your quest log and talk to the NPC at the entrance on the fleet, you should be able to select [start solo mode]

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

If you still have the group quest active in your log, you won't be able to start it solo. Maybe that's your problem? If you clear it from your quest log and talk to the NPC at the entrance on the fleet, you should be able to select [start solo mode]

This worked, thank you!

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Moreau posted:

They do look awesome with a lightning nimbus playing around them, I'll give them that.

Remnant Arkadian Warriors Gauntlets from Alliance crates have clawed fingers.

Would you mind posting what all of the gear is? Looks neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Cyrano4747 posted:

Yeah, we're being a bit inside joke-y here. Credit sellers are still all over the place and will continue to be as long as idiots continue to buy from them. Also, Medullah once made a joke in guild chat using the name of a credit selling site and got his account suspended for a week.

• Locked thread