Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thief is an OK to decent game that is certainly worth $7.50. There is some fun to be had with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Looks like Rock Band 4 will be 30% off. And Kung Fu Panda is 20% off, since I know you were all waiting on that one.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

my fat adopted son was really eager to see his story told through the magic of dreamworks' hit character

dwarf74 posted:

I know PS4 Thief is bad. But is it not-even-for-$7.50 bad?

Thief 2 is 51 cents cheaper on steam and probably 51 times better at least

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Real hurthling! posted:

Thief 2 is 51 cents cheaper on steam and probably 51 times better at least
Yah, but I already won that one. :shobon:

Kirios posted:

Thief is an OK to decent game that is certainly worth $7.50. There is some fun to be had with it.
Cool. I like a lot about the series, and this is a price that won't make me feel too bad if I dislike it.

reposting from my edit above the page break...

Also, maybe I'm just miserly, but is anyone actually paying $60-$70 for a Lego game? They are good family fun, don't get me wrong, but that seems crazy.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Yes, Sleeping Dogs PS4 for $10! Been waiting forever for this to go on sale. Going to play it and plat it all over again.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

dwarf74 posted:

Also, maybe I'm just miserly, but is anyone actually paying $60-$70 for a Lego game? They are good family fun, don't get me wrong, but that seems crazy.

No Wolverine means I'm waiting for a 50% sale. Had a good time with my kids playing the previous Lego Marvel game though. The only one I've ever liked enough to give more than half an hour of my time. Sounds like the city hub is even better this time around too.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

But if I just want to play it on PS3 is it fine? I really don't care about costume DLC.

I played it on PS3 and didn't have a problem. Sure it's got some framerate issues but outside of one particular enemy encounter it's totally playable

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Thanks - I went ahead and got it. I liked Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 despite their flaws and I figured Lightning Returns will probably have the worst story and the best gameplay.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Kirios posted:

But if I just want to play it on PS3 is it fine? I really don't care about costume DLC.

The framerate drops into the low 20s sometimes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kirios posted:

Thanks - I went ahead and got it. I liked Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 despite their flaws and I figured Lightning Returns will probably have the worst story and the best gameplay.

Nice! I like the whole XIII trilogy, although LR is a pretty dramatic departure in gameplay from XIII/XIII-2.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

dwarf74 posted:

I know PS4 Thief is bad. But is it not-even-for-$7.50 bad?

It's a bad stealth game, in addition to being a bad video game and a bad Thief game. I wouldn't bother.

strategery
Apr 21, 2004
I come to you baring a gift. Its in my diper and its not a toaster.

univbee posted:

For North America

Square Enix Sale, basically everything Final Fantasy-related other than FF7 for PS4 is 50% off (although the PS1 downloadable FF7 is 50% off), along with Parasite Eve 2 and 3, Drakengard 3, Vagrant Story, Front Mission 3, Space Invaders Infinity Gene, Lord of Arcana, Crystal Defenders

PS+ sale:
Danganronpa Another Episode
Dragon Quest Heroes
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut

Some good sales. I do want to get Wasteland 2 eventually but probably will for PC.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

dwarf74 posted:

Yeah, I've been keeping my Lego game purchases under $15 and have been almost always totally satisfied with the value.  But despite the huge character list and collectible hunt, they've never ever seemed to be more than budget titles so a $60 out of the gate price feels like a mistake that costs them sales.  After the Star Wars collection it feels like they should open at $40

The only Lego game that didn't live up to the $15 bar was Harry Potter which somehow made everything both a chore and boring.  And by boring I mean by Lego game metrics boring.  Those wands totally suck, the series doesn't have a lot of action in it so you're mostly blowing up people's places of work or public parks where there's no conflict going on, and there's something that seems off about a bunch of kids wrecking everything looking for studs.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Lemon Curdistan posted:

It's a bad stealth game, in addition to being a bad video game and a bad Thief game. I wouldn't bother.

I bought it for roughly that price on PC and didn't even make it two levels. It's legitimately a bad game and it's arduous to play. The movement is a pain and the fact thay every interaction takes a second or more is miserable when you think about just how much random scattered loot there is to pick up. It's a bad game. Get a burger instead, at least that doesn't start out as poo poo.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

havenwaters posted:

The framerate drops into the low 20s sometimes.

That stinks but it's hardly a deal breaker - FFXIII-2 did the same stuff.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

univbee posted:

The following titles haven't had the sales prices applied yet:

Rock Band 4
Air Conflicts: Pacific Carriers (PS4)
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Danganronpa Another Episode
Dariusburst Chronicle Saviours (PS4 and Vita versions, not cross-buy)
Disgaea 5
Dragon Quest Heroes
Grand Ages: Medieval
Superbeat: Xonic
Wasteland 2 Director's Cut
WRC 5 (PS3, PS4 and PS Vita, no cross-buy)

All of these are 30% off.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

barren_sky posted:

No Wolverine means I'm waiting for a 50% sale. Had a good time with my kids playing the previous Lego Marvel game though. The only one I've ever liked enough to give more than half an hour of my time. Sounds like the city hub is even better this time around too.
Yeah, Lego Marvel was fantastic, but still about a $15-$20 game, I think, even with all the DLC. I'm with you; I can wait. Nice to hear there's an even bigger open world, though. That was the best part of the game, and I miss it in all the other lego games.

Ape Agitator posted:

Yeah, I've been keeping my Lego game purchases under $15 and have been almost always totally satisfied with the value.  But despite the huge character list and collectible hunt, they've never ever seemed to be more than budget titles so a $60 out of the gate price feels like a mistake that costs them sales.  After the Star Wars collection it feels like they should open at $40
That's pretty much where I am, too. If you've played one lego game, you've pretty much played all lego games with small tweaks here and there. (And believe me, with two young boys, we've played a whole lot of lego games...)

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Man I want Darius but that sale price is not where I need it to be, especially if it's not cross buy.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Thief wasn't -that- bad of a game, it just didn't live up to its predecessors. If you go into it expecting a bad knockoff of Dishonored then you'll be fine

Glad to see Sleeping Dogs on sale though, been meaning to finish that and $10 for all the DLC is a great price

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
Anyone who pays more than $10 for any LEGO game is crazy. There are so many of them, I have a backlog of their titles sitting unplayed that I picked up for $5-$10 each. By the time I'd be ready to play the latest one, it too will be in a sub tenbux sale. I like them, they are fun, but there is never any reason to play them straight away as they come out.

If anything, some of these newer LEGO games are less fun as they added more and more silly minigames to them. Still prefer the simpler days when you'd just pick characters you'd like and bash your way through to the end of the levels.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

They are the least challenging games I know but at least they were made for children unlike Diablo.

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice
Hmmm... Lego Diablo...

I think you're on to something because grinding kills of an adorable Baal for a super rare moustache seems like the next step.

Build awhile and listen...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ape Agitator posted:

Hmmm... Lego Diablo...

I think you're on to something because grinding kills of an adorable Baal for a super rare moustache seems like the next step.

Build awhile and listen...

This would make an amount of money roughly somewhere between Most Of Money and All Of Money.

Skychrono
May 11, 2007

I'll make you cry like I did when my daddy died!
I would love to play a simplified Diablo-like, with a Full Adult mode added where you get all the normal skill trees. All cartoon violence so you can play with a four year old.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
Final Fantasy IV for the PSP is half off. This is the one to buy if I want to fully experience FFIV, correct?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Cloks posted:

Final Fantasy IV for the PSP is half off. This is the one to buy if I want to fully experience FFIV, correct?

Sure, but do not play The After Years. In fact, do not even look at it. Looking at it gives it power, makes it real. Let's not do that.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Cloks posted:

I like the DS/iOS version better. I like them graphics. They cute. :colbert:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

ddogflex posted:

ban

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

ddogflex posted:

Me too. More importantly, the DS/iOS version preserves the fact that at the endgame your party is Edge/Cecil/Kain/Rydia/Rosa.

NO YOU CANNOT GO HEAL YANG CID PALOM AND POROM AND TAKE THEM TO THE MOON. THIS ISN'T NAM, THERE ARE RULES.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

wrong

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
Anarchist.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

ddogflex posted:

Since when did the SMT thread cease being the bad opinions thread?

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006
Is the Far Cry 4 season pass worth $15? I enjoyed the game, but it still doesn't seem like a ton of content comes with the pass.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

EricHall posted:

Is the Far Cry 4 season pass worth $15? I enjoyed the game, but it still doesn't seem like a ton of content comes with the pass.

Seconding, as inquiring minds want to know.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

The Bananana posted:

Seconding, as inquiring minds want to know.

I'm about 90% sure that it's just like 90% of dlc that exists. A lazy cash-in that really isn't worth the money/time, even if you got it on a good sale.

Bloodborne dlc is one of the exceptions.

Yechezkel
Oct 5, 2004

Fun Shoe
Cross-posting from Vita thread:

Is anyone here having problems accessing the Vita PlayStation Store? It's not happening to everyone, but the store app always hangs on the Please Wait screen on both my Vita and PSTV.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
FF x/X-2 is the other square enix ps4 game not on sale.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Saoshyant posted:

Sure, but do not play The After Years. In fact, do not even look at it. Looking at it gives it power, makes it real. Let's not do that.

Trust this man.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

EricHall posted:

No.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rusty Kettle
Apr 10, 2005
Ultima! Ahmmm-bing!

Yechezkel posted:

Cross-posting from Vita thread:

Is anyone here having problems accessing the Vita PlayStation Store? It's not happening to everyone, but the store app always hangs on the Please Wait screen on both my Vita and PSTV.

I am having the same issue. Restoring the database helped for me, but say goodbye to your folders.

• Locked thread