Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So what I'm reading is that we're heading to yet another Spender massive gently caress up that puts the kids at risk because he is bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So what I'm reading is that we're heading to yet another Spender massive gently caress up that puts the kids at risk because he is bad.

Nah, we already did that, and I don't see Zack dragging out making GBS threads all over Spender. I think he's going to take Lucifer's advice and actually talk to... the train-doctor lady who's name escapes me. Regardless, she seems pretty alright with keep things on the DL behind Isabella's grandpappy's back so she's the perfect person to finish Spender's overdue scolding and help him make actual progress towards his goal.

Mostly I just don't want Spender to continue getting dumped on constantly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Who What Now posted:

Mostly I just don't want Spender to continue getting dumped on constantly.

It seems we have different hopes for this story, friend.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Who What Now posted:

the train-doctor lady who's name escapes me.

Zarei

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It seems we have different hopes for this story, friend.

Why do you hate the coolest teacher and strongest Spectral in Mayview?

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Rick Spender is going to undergo a zenkai after being castigated by his entire support network repeatedly

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Countblanc posted:

Rick Spender is going to undergo a zenkai after being castigated by his entire support network repeatedly

the fact that the voices in his head don't constitute a support network is kinda the whole problem lucifer is harping on

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Countblanc posted:

I didn't even know he played Pokemon.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Who What Now posted:

Why do you hate the coolest teacher and strongest Spectral in Mayview?

Garcia's a Spectral?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

karmicknight posted:

Garcia's a Spectral?

No, but Starchman is.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
Zack's Twitter foreshadowed a sports anime arc with how many of them he was watching, and right now, he's been watching a shitload of Gost Adventures, so next chapter is going to rule.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

No more anime :negative:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Look at this fuckin' Isaac hater

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

If you like this comic you probably already like anime, you just don't know it yet

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Dude, this comic is basically Shaman King without the tourney arcs, the anime will never stop.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Probably Magic posted:

Dude, this comic is basically Shaman King without the tourney arcs YET, the anime will never stop.

Now it's right.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
It's missing the kick-rear end intro theme tho. At least it was awesome in the polish dub I got here :v:

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Kikas posted:

It's missing the kick-rear end intro theme tho. At least it was awesome in the polish dub I got here :v:

Just imagine this but with Ed's face instead of Musashi's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYkDP5xDoO8

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
even filtered by ed's spirit's world, anonymous anime child's anime levels are incredibly high

(update)

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Push-ups are good for you!!

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Muse is reading what looks like a National Geographic magazine with a monkey in it.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
That's a drat fine rendition of Izzy in Ed's spirit realm, there.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So what do we know about Ed other than he's intensely unlikable

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Calaveron posted:

Please do not insult the Burger child in this way.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Calaveron posted:

He's The Weird Kid and he uses his layers of Weird Kid to hide that he is actually Intensely Insecure Kid.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Calaveron posted:

I will have Johnny give you a goddamn punch in the face. You take that back.

Ed just feels really guilty ditching Izzy when grandpa went to scold her and considering that Izzy is his only friend, of course he's gonna be insecure when the new kid is basically having Izzy's attention. Granted a little silly but eh he's a kid.

Now that I think about it I wonder how many days Max has been here now. :v:

neogeo0823
Jul 4, 2007

NO THAT'S NOT ME!!

Shindragon posted:

I will have Johnny give you a goddamn punch in the face. You take that back.

Ed just feels really guilty ditching Izzy when grandpa went to scold her and considering that Izzy is his only friend, of course he's gonna be insecure when the new kid is basically having Izzy's attention. Granted a little silly but eh he's a kid.

Now that I think about it I wonder how many days Max has been here now. :v:

Like, 3? I think this is his third day. Maybe 4th.

VerdantSquire
Jul 1, 2014

neogeo0823 posted:

Like, 3? I think this is his third day. Maybe 4th.

Funnily enough I actually did some counting on this earlier today.

Chapter 1 covered the first two days, although the second was significantly longer than the first in that chapter.
Chapter 2 basically covered the entirety of the second night, no not much progression there.
And then chapters 3, 4, and 5 all cover their respective days, so that would mean it's the fifth day.

This also means that it is either Friday or Thursday in comic time, since the first day could either have been Monday or Sunday (Travelling on a weekend would make more sense, but it could've still totally been a Monday since by the time they got there it was already in the evening. I dont think it could be any other day, since there is no way that Zack would avoid covering something so major in the life of any school going preteen as the WEEKEND!).

VerdantSquire fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jan 27, 2016

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
It's going to be cool when the time skip happens and Ed is supremely buff from doing mandatory exercises

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Calaveron posted:

You are a bad person.

youcallthatatwist
Sep 22, 2013
I love the

POSTER
"wow"

in the top-right corner.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Countblanc posted:

It's going to be cool when the time skip happens and Ed is supremely buff from doing mandatory exercises

How does exercise work in spirit-time, anyway? We saw from when Isaac demonstrated it to Max that you can move very fast in that time. Guess you could use it to do all kinds of stuff with your "extra time" per day, assuming it's not overly restricted in some way.

Actually, since they can move fast, can that be used for fighting? I'm trying to remember if anyone moved out of the way of an attack using the spirit time thing. And if you could, what if two spectrals are in spirit time at the same time near each other? Is it one continuous spirit world, or would they each be in their own yet be moving at regular speed relative to each other?

Oh, and in case we'd forgotten, this update's here to remind us these kids are in middle school. Incredible magic powers, angst about friendship status.

Edit: Just remembered and checked that Max kind of used spirit time while fighting the frog, when it was about to crush his head and he was able to dodge it because Scrapdragon popped in briefly.

Dolash fucked around with this message at 20:36 on Jan 27, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Spender used spirit time briefly against Forge, only for Lucifer to be like 'speed isn't going to do poo poo for you right now, idiot!' because he was failing to do any actual damage.

He then went into spirit time again and Lucifer was like 'didn't I already go over this, idiot?' and he was like 'nah just wanted to spirit up to have LIGHT BEAMS TO SHOOT'.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Dolash posted:

How does exercise work in spirit-time, anyway?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Spirit workout does absolutely nothing, but it makes Muse laugh.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Probably Magic posted:

Zack's Twitter foreshadowed a sports anime arc with how many of them he was watching, and right now, he's been watching a shitload of Gost Adventures, so next chapter is going to rule.

I thought Hitball was a sports anime arc?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Ed is being raised by a guy who's okay with keeping him trapped in this little town for the rest of his life.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Ah right, I'd forgotten about some of spirit time's previous appearances. The speed stuff seems like a pretty big advantage if spirits don't have any counter.

Rand Brittain posted:

Ed is being raised by a guy who's okay with keeping him trapped in this little town for the rest of his life.

Are the kids trapped? Assuming they get the train back, they seemed free to come and go from the dome, it's just that Mayview is where the kids and their families/fellow spectrals live and work. Presumably if nothing unexpected happens to interrupt them, they'd grow up and go off on missions like the other agents.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Dolash posted:

Are the kids trapped? Assuming they get the train back, they seemed free to come and go from the dome, it's just that Mayview is where the kids and their families/fellow spectrals live and work. Presumably if nothing unexpected happens to interrupt them, they'd grow up and go off on missions like the other agents.

Grandpa seems okay with the idea of the train never coming back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rand Brittain posted:

So basically an average parent