Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I guess for that matter there are two vending machines within an elevator ride and a sandwich place and a cafe within a block. But those cost money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Ixtlilton posted:

I store a package of cheese crackers at work in case of emergencies.

I used to keep cans of soup or ravioli at work just in case.

Now I keep some spare protein bars.

Basically, if you have your own space, keep food in it in case you forget your food.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Just go out to one of the milion restaurants in the area that serve delicious food for lunch for under $10

Max
Nov 30, 2002

A new vending machine was installed at work with a function that refunds your money if the item you wanted got stuck and didn't drop. This is a nice feature, but I have also immediately taken advantage of it since the Smartpop popcorn bags almost always get stuck, and if I play my cards right, I can end up with 3 or 4 bags for the price of 1 that I then leave in my desk.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

Just go out to one of the milion restaurants in the area that serve delicious food for lunch for under $10

haha I work in south boston near dorchester with no car.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Max posted:

A new vending machine was installed at work with a function that refunds your money if the item you wanted got stuck and didn't drop. This is a nice feature, but I have also immediately taken advantage of it since the Smartpop popcorn bags almost always get stuck, and if I play my cards right, I can end up with 3 or 4 bags for the price of 1 that I then leave in my desk.

smartpop owns too

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

haha I work in south boston near dorchester with no car.

I worked in Southie for a bit but at a very walkable area near Congress street and I had about 20 places within a half mile of my office.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

JakeP posted:

I worked in Southie for a bit but at a very walkable area near Congress street and I had about 20 places within a half mile of my office.

mine is not :(

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
dag

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kashuno posted:

mine is not :(

Oh hey, its Fall Rivah guy

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 27, 2020

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Enjoy your overpriced asparagus Ecco

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Kashuno posted:

anarc I am glad you came to join us in the other thread :sun:

Thanks, me too! If I actually do anything.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 27, 2020

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I can confirm fried plantains are amazing, sweet or salty with garlic butter

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Boston smells like butts.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I didn't listen to this at the beginning of the month, but it's still legitimate

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5dt_tJsqLc

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Rarity posted:

Enjoy your overpriced asparagus Ecco

you mean asparagus water?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

CCKeane posted:

Boston smells like butts.

Boston is actually one of the cleanest nicest cities I have been in. Being someone who comes from Philly and having spent ample time in Trenton and Camden, it almost doesn't make sense to me that Boston is even a city, but then again look at the 3 cities I use as counter arguments and realize my perspective is hood as gently caress

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

EccoRaven posted:

nah they typically have a lunch buffet that is only mildly more expensive than other offerings (and if you pad out your box with a lot of salad, which is practically weightless, you can often turn one takeout box into three, occasionally even [if the food was particularly filling] four meals, which helps with the economics a lot as well).

it was pretty good food too. I remember one time I just loaded up on fried plantains, because who wouldn't? they're amazing.

I can never leave the whole foods salad bar/buffet with less than $10 worth of food no matter how much I try to keep it light. The food is very good, but you definitely pay for it.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

JakeP posted:

you mean asparagus water?

I like asparagus, but what the gently caress, I'll eat it, don't put it in my loving water.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Allen Wren posted:

I like asparagus, but what the gently caress, I'll eat it, don't put it in my loving water.

3 peices of asparagus + 1 cup of water = $6

I think it was a test to see how stupid their customers are

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It was a fuckup by their supplier but they still sell asparagus-"infused" water

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
infused water is a really dumb idea.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

infused water is a really dumb idea.

its one of those things that costs almost nothng to make, so its margins are ridiculous if people actually buy it

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

It is also 2 cups of water, nearly halving their profit margin

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
You guys are lucky I am already fond of you because "sportsball" and "handegg" are two of the biggest, loudest indicators that someone is an insufferably smug nerd. Reducto ad absurdum is the lamest, cringiest "humor" shortcut.

Also we play mafia with internet strangers, we are the rock throwers in the glass house of stupid games.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
i watch esports

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Samfucius posted:

You guys are lucky I am already fond of you because "sportsball" and "handegg" are two of the biggest, loudest indicators that someone is an insufferably smug nerd. Reducto ad absurdum is the lamest, cringiest "humor" shortcut.

Also we play mafia with internet strangers, we are the rock throwers in the glass house of stupid games.

it really isn't

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Ah yes, City Name Sports Team ftw. Why would I want to watch a bunch of dudes in tights pass a brown egg around huh? #olympicgoldcrosshairplacement

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Samfucius posted:

Mafia is my favorite sport

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
here is my list of lamest humor shortcuts

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

esports in the olympics by 2050 mark my words.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
poop? it really isn't funny just kinda gross

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Sports are great for many reasons, but one of the main things about it for me is that it is unscripted so literally anything can happen, without obvious foreshadowing or other TV/movie tropes that make most forms of media pretty predictable. Not that sports are not often predictable, but when something amazing happens it happens because a thing happened not because some dude in a room wrote it that way. It makes it more exciting than standard media. The same goes for esports really for the most part if it is a game you enjoy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i sure love comedy and memes. like imagine this, the minions from disciple me playing cards against humanity. that is the kind of humor i am all about.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Ixtlilton posted:

esports in the olympics by 2050 mark my words.

Id be surprised but thats 35 years away so who knows

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Mafia goons I went on a date tonight and it did not go very well. I mean it was ok we ate dinner and chatted but it's not going anywhere.

I'm gonna be alone forever aren't I

Not in the least! This:

EccoRaven posted:

probably not!!! the only true forever alones are the ones too scared to even try.

Is very true. So the new friend I made seems to suffer from anxiety problems (and is why she tells me she doesn't get out much) and is seeing someone about it and while she seems a bit shy and is somewhat older than me we get along well and I'm going to teach her Spanish and how to cook. She seems to think she owes me something but I'm just glad I've made a friend.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

PBS Newshour posted:

poop? it really isn't funny just kinda gross

Poop is funny, and butts are funny.

Pooping butts are not funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
esports is actually going to be an even bigger thing and its funny the amount of people who can't admit it will lol

it probably won't be in the olympics though