Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hhhat
Apr 29, 2008
I came to this thread the moment I heard

loving finally

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I just hope it wasn't suicide.

Tony Phillips
Feb 9, 2006

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

It checks out

http://www.abevigoda.com/

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer
God's band really rocks now.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I tried to get my head around that Mario poo poo but in the end I only watched half a video.

coleman francis
Aug 8, 2007

Tap tap
The ketchup bottle
None will come
Then axolotl
Hair Elf
Well there goes Conan O' briens career

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

coleman francis posted:

Well there goes Conan O' briens career

Now he'll never get the tonight show

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Breetai posted:

I tried to get my head around that Mario poo poo but in the end I only watched half a video.

To be fair it all ties in by the end. I was didn't get the whole scuttlebug thing at first but then it comes back in at the end. That's when it really tied the autism together.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Breetai posted:

How do you watch half a video, you either watched the video or you didn't

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Code Jockey posted:

Watching a video has three parts: starting to watch it, continuing to watch it and stopping it. If you're already watching when the video starts, it can't really be counted as a full watch.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

theflyingorc posted:

but i literally program videogames for a living, what do i know

So tell us what you know of physics and relativity, being a computer game programmer and all?

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Code Jockey posted:

I put paper up to cover part of the monitor

Vitamin Me
Mar 30, 2007

The Ape of Naples posted:

I just hope it wasn't suicide.

No he took the scuttlebug to the next qpu

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.
Why does he need to hyperwalk? So he can get through a version of the level with no enemies?

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

So tell us what you know of physics and relativity, being a computer game programmer and all?

everything

all of it, i have it all in my head

HBomb posted:

Why does he need to hyperwalk? So he can get through a version of the level with no enemies?

he needs to be able to jump on the bug while it's high up in the air

even after raising it, when he enters the room it's in, it would drop and be useless to him, so he has to be going really really fast when he hits it

the only way to go that fast involves being trapped under a thing while in the water. the only place you can do that is at the bottom of the level

you can't gain height from saying "mario is moving horizontally" except on slopes, so he has to target positions that are bitwise-equivalent(not exactly the right term, but close enough) to positions on the real map to work his way up the slope while preserving speed

it's really clever technical analysis that took him hours and hours and lots of experimentation to successfully beat a mario level without hitting the jump button

theflyingorc has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Jan 26, 2016

Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

Some Numbers posted:

Watching a video has three parts: starting to watch it, continuing to watch it and stopping it. If you're already watching when the video starts, it can't really be counted as a full watch.

You have to stop watching it during the video for it to count, otherwise it's just benefiting from the neighbor effect of the beginning to watch and the finishing watching of the surrounding videos. I can finish 3+ movies by only half-watching two.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

HBomb posted:

The highest he can get without jumping isn't quite high enough to get to the star. He needs to bounce off a scuttlebug to get the height needed.

The bug is on the floor: he can raise it, but can't get to the bug fast enough to bounce off it before it falls. Thus, he needs to be going pretty fast (~1000 speed) to catch it.

There is only one place in the level where you can build up speed, and to maintain it you have to go DELUXE FAST to travel between worlds to jump to areas where you can (a) gain height (b) maintain speed (c) control direction/movement appropriately.

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Oli posted:

No he took the scuttlebug to the next qpu

Godspeed Fish. 12 hours to Heaven.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/AbeVigodaUpdate

He's with Hulk Hogan now. :(

Steve Holt!
Aug 28, 2006

STEVE HOLT!

College Slice
Coke made a meme website.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Breetai posted:

That is because you are weak.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Steve Holt! posted:

How do advertising companies continue to think this is a good idea?

...I mean, I guess it's a good idea for comedy value, but I don't think that's what they're going for

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Steve Holt! posted:

It won't let me use "genocide" or "white people" so it's clearly not good for much.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Hyperlynx posted:

How do advertising companies continue to think this is a good idea?

...I mean, I guess it's a good idea for comedy value, but I don't think that's what they're going for

Coke doesn't stand by any of the user submitted content and they aren't publicly hosting the offensive content, so they're not on the hook for it. And we're talking about the Coke website, which by extension makes us think about Coke, even if it's under the caption of "Benghazi".

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
There's also lots of people dumping soda and they're panicking

please meme us, they cry into the unfeeling night

'The holocaust isn't real,' the internet whispers back

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

theflyingorc posted:

but i literally program videogames for a living, what do i know

http://i.imgur.com/1bupCcC.webm

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

In honor of Vigoda's passing, please play this song 21 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?amp;v=d1FmDh95X8Q

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Website wouldn't let me do #BlackLivesMatter, so I guess we know Coke's position on racism.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Yöü ćáñ üśé extended letters

HBomb
Sep 26, 2004

All aboard.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

This one is pretty good imo.

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

I just discovered the concept of a "Soaker". Apparently it's a Canadian saying. Having lived in North Dakota and Minnesota my whole life, I have experience with poo poo pavement and poo poo weather. However, I've never stepped into a puddle deeper than expected. I've always walked around them or jumped over them. I was taught, as a child, to assume that the puddle is always deeper than expected. It's a strange concept to me that there is a word for an unexpected wet shoe. Going through the ice in a shallow pond was always more common when I was little.

That isn't to say that I didn't jump in puddles all the time as a kid. I was once told by a teacher that I "didn't have the sense that God gave the common dog".

dumb.
Apr 11, 2014

-=💀=-

Judge Schnoopy posted:

Coke doesn't stand by any of the user submitted content and they aren't publicly hosting the offensive content, so they're not on the hook for it. And we're talking about the Coke website, which by extension makes us think about Coke, even if it's under the caption of "Benghazi".

I'm literally mainlining Coke Zero while wanking it to that Cats Can't Consent gif right loving now.

Coke: 1, Everyone Else: -5

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

I'd try it

e: oh man it's the NFL gifmaker all over again :dance:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Intoluene posted:

This one is pretty good imo.

Thanks, I was particularly proud of that one.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Chard posted:

I'd try it

e: oh man it's the NFL gifmaker all over again :dance:

"Monotremes, not even once."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommanderApaul
Aug 30, 2003

It's amazing their hands can support such awesome.

• Locked thread