Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lewtt
Apr 2, 2011

The Great Twist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4I4Ete_UlYw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Working as intended.

GyverMac
Aug 3, 2006
My posting is like I Love Lucy without the funny bits. Basically, WAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAAAAAAHHH
HHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Keket posted:

Videos a bit rambling, but this dude knows some loving sweet spots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9TV5NRwdjw

Thanks for posting this. A lot of useful spots there. I'm going to try'em!

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Can't watch the video now but my favorite spot in Chalet is when you are defending that library on the second floor. One of the windows in the back of the room, if you poke a hole in the left side of the barricade you get a clear view of the ladder. They can't shoot while climbing the ladder so you're guaranteed 1-2 easy kills and it locks down every window up there since I don't believe there is another way onto that ledge.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Last night during operator selection we had one dude telling other people who they should pick. While most of these things were kind of basic level stuff ("someone should pick Rook") he kept insisting that we didn't need certain repetitions of color types. Like, for example, on defense, we apparently didn't need two purples according to him. This was the first time I'd heard someone try to decide a team based on color rather than coordinating a good team based on composition. Is this indeed a thing?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Maybe he is playing the OCD version of the game in which case that is mandatory. You also have to barricade, unbarricade, rebarricade every door and window near the objective. Reload after every round fired or only when the magazine is completely empty. Every section of a wall must be reinforced, if one section is left normal and the others are reinforced then you must scream at your teammates until they fix it.

Tom Clancy's Rainman Six: Press X to count toothpicks

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
It's nonsense.

It's most likely the case that they just opted to throw some colour into the icons for the sake of players more easily differentiating between them, and grouping operators via their CTU seemed like the best/most reasonable way of doing things(I can't think of a better way, at least).

Not needing/wanting two of the same colour type is pretty dumb as well, since doc and rook each work better with the other on the team.

And you don't even things like abilities that more directly play off eachother in order to have a good team composition.

Jager and Bandit are a very good defensive combination, Jager can cover Fuze and Ash specials, while Bandit can either cut down Thermite's entry options or make things real lovely for their drones.

A good team lineup is based on what each operator can actually contribute in any given situation, the only exception is Thermite who is good all the time.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Been doing some Ash + IQ combos. Ash smokes a door/castle wall, breaches it then tosses smokes in and IQ follows up with Ipad ninja tactics. Pretty funny when people die to it and then respond that they had no idea IQ could do that.

THE MACHO MAN
Nov 15, 2007

...Carey...

draw me like one of your French Canadian girls
I was having one of my best games ever on airplane, going 7-1 on airplane in the 2nd round. I lost the ace on the last guy in the first round as a recruit (I was afk), and I had 3 window kills as Glaz in the 2nd as my team all died and I was pushing for an ac again. By 1:45 my team was trying to vote kick me for taking too long vs two roamers running around on the window level and no help on cameras.

there's some dumb people in this game at times.

I still have some hilariously stupid mistakes but I've definitely starting to regularly pump out good games now. I'm just under 1.0 k/d for ranked now (it was real bad for a while heh). Most of me getting better has just been map and gameplay knowledge vs being a twitch shooter. I play Smoke and Ash the most by far, followed by Thermite, Mute, and Fuze. Time share on everyone else is pretty low. I used to play Kapkan at first but he's basically a shittier version of Smoke.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Channel rename on mumble coming to accommodate division beta folks this weekend (since its been asked) Any suggestions? Tom Clancy's Fun Haus

TheBigGinger
Dec 6, 2012

Dead Like Rev posted:

Channel rename on mumble coming to accommodate division beta folks this weekend (since its been asked) Any suggestions? Tom Clancy's Fun Haus

Hell yeah. Uh, name wise? I'dunno, I suck with names.

Tom Clancy's Spy Who Breached Me?

I'll message you.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Dead Like Rev posted:

Aren't R6S players meant to get invites to The Division? If so, any idea when those go out?

OctaMurk
Jun 21, 2013

PantsOptional posted:

Last night during operator selection we had one dude telling other people who they should pick. While most of these things were kind of basic level stuff ("someone should pick Rook") he kept insisting that we didn't need certain repetitions of color types. Like, for example, on defense, we apparently didn't need two purples according to him. This was the first time I'd heard someone try to decide a team based on color rather than coordinating a good team based on composition. Is this indeed a thing?

Yeah you need all the colors of the Rainbow. Taking two purples is scrub behavior imo

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

lohli posted:

Aren't R6S players meant to get invites to The Division? If so, any idea when those go out?

Don't believe so, 99% sure you have to win the division beta lottery, pre-order, or have a beta code, preloading started though so check uplay if you have it you have it.

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

I preordered Division, anyone else get into the beta that wants to play this weekend?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Dead Like Rev posted:

The Division Beta: Zone of Cautious Optimism

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

whoknew posted:

I preordered Division, anyone else get into the beta that wants to play this weekend?

But it's 50% renown bonus this weekend!!

(I'll play the Div)

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Hard posted:

But it's 50% renown bonus this weekend!!

(I'll play the Div)

I have two monitors so I'll be playing both simultaneously. Also I have like 40k renown and the season pass soooo

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Plan Z posted:

The Division Beta: Zone of Cautious Optimism

I like that, but this will be for the main channel, for both siege and division. I told doot we'd host both games under the same roof to avoid thirteen different channels to get us a mumble channel when siege came out.

Tom Clancy's Grave?

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator

My favorite part of this video is Keshik: "gently caress gently caress dick" dead.

You can actually watch the grenade rubber banding back, too.

Dead Like Rev posted:

Tom Clancy's Bullets: how do they work?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Y'know, everytime someone uses the word :airquote: Clancyverse :airquote: in a serious conversation, it is immediately followed by cringes, eyes rolling and sighs.

I love it.

automaticswim posted:

My favorite part of this video is Keshik: "gently caress gently caress dick" dead.

This is happening everytime Kesh dies tbh.

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Jan 26, 2016

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

automaticswim posted:

Tom Clancy's Bullets: how do they work?

I like this so far

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Tom Clancy's rear end in a top hat Central

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

SOLD

Channel is now renamed Tom Clancys rear end in a top hat Central

lohli
Jun 30, 2008
Ey Hard, any chance of looking into the mic volume bug?

Windows mic volume gets set to whatever the mic record setting is at ingame.

It seems to happen when the game is initializing party voip stuff, like when you first get put in a party after getting online, or if you quit out of a game and get thrown back into a fresh single-person party.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Jesus, this game is amazing.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

lohli posted:

Ey Hard, any chance of looking into the mic volume bug?

Windows mic volume gets set to whatever the mic record setting is at ingame.

It seems to happen when the game is initializing party voip stuff, like when you first get put in a party after getting online, or if you quit out of a game and get thrown back into a fresh single-person party.

Steam voice chat has the exact same behavior. It calls for the same Windows function in both instances so it's not really a bug per saaaaaay.

It's a pain if you don't have a manual mixer on your headset i'll give you that.

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Sync issue. I hate when the reverse happens.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
siege probably would have been really good if it came out before every game started being loaded with nickel and dime bullshit.

as it is now it's just another game that played decently in the pre-release then got shat all over by execs and marketers before it made it into the public's hands, throw it on the garbage pile with the rest of the micro transaction crap.

yeah yeah if you dont like it dont purchase the boosters/characters you can grind for free blah blah and all that usual stockholm syndrome crap, how about this game is gonna be dead in a few months instead of potentially lasting years? you need a playerbase and most people don't want to deal with this poo poo, this is basically evolve 2, some good dev work completely squandered by greedy assholes. I would be infuriated if I spent years working on something and it actually turned out pretty decent then a retarded suit bolted some quick cash grab poo poo onto it right at the end and ensured it was dead in the water before it even officially released.

Mr. Unlucky fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 26, 2016

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Yeah, lovely skins are crucial to my enjoyment of the game and charging real money for them is an atrocity.

JamesRay
Feb 18, 2004

Out with the Old, in with the Auld

Dead Like Rev posted:

SOLD

Channel is now renamed Tom Clancys rear end in a top hat Central

Breaching Tom Clancy's rear end in a top hat Central?

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Mr. Unlucky posted:

Badpinions.txt

Are you playing the same game as I am?

The progression model is an order of magnitude faster than any recent COD / BF title, the DLC maps are free, the DLC operators can be bought with earned currency, and the paid skins are silly cosmetic stuff.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Liberatore posted:

Yeah, lovely skins are crucial to my enjoyment of the game and charging real money for them is an atrocity.

This, but unironically.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

I played this game and in a reasonable amount of time unlocked every operator and the good attachments for all their guns. Now i'm spending renown on weed skins for the SMG-11.

For contrast, I was playing Star Wars Battlefront and I put in a lot of time into it and still didn't have enough credits to unlock all the starcards/their upgrades/weapons and certainly not enough for any of the awesomer skins like scout trooper

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Mr. Unlucky posted:

siege probably would have been really good if it came out before every game started being loaded with nickel and dime bullshit.

as it is now it's just another game that played decently in the pre-release then got shat all over by execs and marketers before it made it into the public's hands, throw it on the garbage pile with the rest of the micro transaction crap.

yeah yeah if you dont like it dont purchase the boosters/characters you can grind for free blah blah and all that usual stockholm syndrome crap, how about this game is gonna be dead in a few months instead of potentially lasting years? you need a playerbase and most people don't want to deal with this poo poo, this is basically evolve 2, some good dev work completely squandered by greedy assholes. I would be infuriated if I spent years working on something and it actually turned out pretty decent then a retarded suit bolted some quick cash grab poo poo onto it right at the end and ensured it was dead in the water before it even officially released.

Source your quotes

whoknew
Sep 18, 2004

oh shit
im lit

Mr. Unlucky posted:

This is some obvious troll poo poo. I unlocked everything in the game for free within 4 days of playing, and I have accumulated enough renown to unlock the 2 new operators on day 1 in the time since then. There are literally only 2 skins per gun that require real money to buy, with a vast majority available without payment. Do you even play?

EDIT: this goon's post history is literally just complaint after complaint, recommendation: ignore

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

Mr. Unlucky posted:

badopinions.txt Do you even lift or play this game bro?

There are zero micro transactions that "nickel and dime" you, force you to buy them, or affect the game. gently caress you dont even NEED a boost for gods sake. Go poo poo somewhere else dude.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I only get to play for like an hour every couple of days due to work and I've still got all the operators unlocked that I care about. I think there's three I don't own because I just haven't felt like spending the Renown to unlock them.

If you do your challenges (and remove the ones you don't think you can do, rather than just leaving them sit there), and do your situation bonuses, it throws a ton of renown at you on top of the regular rate. Plus I haven't even used the booster you get for free yet because I didn't want to waste it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006
Yeah I don't know what this guy is talking about. I'm a filthy casual and this is the first game in years that's held my attention for more than a couple weeks.

That being said, 22K per operator unlock for this upcoming content pack seems a bit steep. Maybe to the order of 2x what it should be...

WelpEcho fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 26, 2016

• Locked thread