Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolishLobster
Sep 13, 2009

Stormgale posted:

Are hongmoon levels separate from regular levels or is this the 50 patch?

They're separate. Apparently 5 HM levels came before level 50 in other versions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

FoolishLobster posted:

They're separate. Apparently 5 HM levels came before level 50 in other versions.

Cool, so what do the hongmoon skills do for each class? I remember (KFM?) being much better with access to hongmoon skills

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Stormgale posted:

Are hongmoon levels separate from regular levels or is this the 50 patch?

separate, they give skills but no stats.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

I don't know if we'll be getting hongmoon skill quests and drops unlocked yet or not. They're seperate quests and such from the hongmoon levels.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.

Stanley Pain posted:

I don't think they have to be the same level at all. It's just that the ones you get from wheel spins can't be used as upgrade components. Anything that drops, or comes from a boss drop can.

That can't be true because I used Soul Shields from the Pinchy spin wheel to give crit to my entire Cinderlands Hero Soul shield set.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

UchihaHirou posted:

That can't be true because I used Soul Shields from the Pinchy spin wheel to give crit to my entire Cinderlands Hero Soul shield set.

Do the pincy spin wheel shields have to be unlocked or do they come unlocked? Maybe only the Stalker ones are like that?

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
the only reason to get critbees over sunflower is if you're pvping, because there's no guarantee you're gonna be able to get Overflow consistently, whereas critbees just kind of happen

the only pve mob i've seen that feels more like a pvp fight then a pve fight is naksun (at level 42)

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Guys, I literally said that I soloed those bosses :v: I just didn't realize they were meant to be something a group helps with, and started complaining about Destroyed damage earlier in thread because I was taking a bit of time to kill them.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Destroyers have some ability where they glow white a bit and start slamming the poo poo out of the ground and it does an insane fuckload of damage. I don't know what it is but try doing that.

ShadowMoo
Mar 13, 2011

by Shine
Trying to get into Shanghai Goon. Names Incontinentia. Need to figure out why my avatar keeps giving me secret messages.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Seriously though, I've seen videos of destroyer ani-canceling and while I can do some minor anicancel of my own when the conditions are right and my ping is settled down, I'll never be able to do it consistently. Exactly how gimped am I due to this? It probably means I'll never be top tier in PvP, but I can live with that so long as I can still be mid-tier or so without having to do that. Everything else is fine, it's just that anicanceling requires REALLY low ping to pull off reliably.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Stormgale posted:

Cool, so what do the hongmoon skills do for each class? I remember (KFM?) being much better with access to hongmoon skills

The 5 Hongmoon Levels give you points in your regular skills, Hongmoon Skills aren't added until a later patch.

I'm only like 80% sure on this

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

The Shortest Path posted:

The 5 Hongmoon Levels give you points in your regular skills, Hongmoon Skills aren't added until a later patch.

I'm only like 80% sure on this

Babbletr0n confirmed on twitter that some of the Hongmoon skills will be in this patch (I assume the ones you can actually get at 45 since some of them require 50 content).

Fenris13
Jun 6, 2003
When people talk about Hongmoon skills, are those the locked skills at the bottom of the tree that have a special icon over them, or are these something completely new?

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Apparently the ignore list caps at 50 players. The chinese gold farmers, having realized this, have switched over to a new tactic consisting of pure brute forcing as many bots as possible onto /f so you cannot have all of them ignored at the same time thus making faction chat 100% useless.

gently caress China.

lexxyth
Jan 21, 2015
2 hours queues for Windrest server... Looks like i won't be playing until the weekends.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Fenris13 posted:

When people talk about Hongmoon skills, are those the locked skills at the bottom of the tree that have a special icon over them, or are these something completely new?

Yes, you generally have to do quests or get certain drops to unlock them.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Are Assassin's and Kung Fu Masters alright to play with lovely reflexes? Like how bad would my damage output be if I gently caress up some of the blocking/parry mechanics and the Assassin's stealth moves? I'm really enjoying the Destroyer, but wanted to play something that was a little more fast action. Worst case is I roll a Blade Dancer.

dj_de
Jul 24, 2003

Huhhhhh?

Monster Mash posted:

It's true and accurate besides the HP values. Have fun gambling!
Don't worry the real gambling starts once I do fusing! :suicide:
I'm trying to figure out if there's an optimal crit setup mixing Poharan with Moonwater, which I managed to navigate the chink site to find the stats for the Moonwater shields https://translate.googleusercontent...wQGwoIkda5l7CjA

cathead posted:

Yes, you generally have to do quests or get certain drops to unlock them.
I thought Naryu Labyrinth was where they started dropping as skill books or whatever?

edit: I actually found a better english site that lists the stats out better for how they actually work I guess?
http://bns.endgame.pk/soul_shields/

dj_de fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jan 26, 2016

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!

Polegrinder posted:

Are Assassin's and Kung Fu Masters alright to play with lovely reflexes? Like how bad would my damage output be if I gently caress up some of the blocking/parry mechanics and the Assassin's stealth moves? I'm really enjoying the Destroyer, but wanted to play something that was a little more fast action. Worst case is I roll a Blade Dancer.

KFM's counter is actually fairly easy to execute due to its longer duration. Just get used to using it preemptively. The real difficulty of the class is executing its combos. I played it in Korea with 300+ ms ping and didn't have a problem countering incoming attacks, even in PvP, but my damage output was poo poo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

dj_de posted:

I'm trying to figure out if there's an optimal crit setup mixing Poharan with Moonwater, which I managed to navigate the chink site to find the stats for the Moonwater shields

Come on, dude.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Polegrinder posted:

I have a similar situation. Have an Assassin and Kung Fu master but have to be on point to really get the most dps. I tried Blade Master and they're actually a really good class. Only in the 20s but you can three hit kill tons of poo poo with the Quick Draw stance and you have a 3 sec Block. It also has evades that automatically put you into Quick Draw and you have air juggles. I really think they're probably a good middle ground between spin to win and the more combo type of play you get with a KFM.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!

IBentMyWookie posted:

I have a similar situation. Have an Assassin and Kung Fu master but have to be on point to really get the most dps. I tried Blade Master and they're actually a really good class. Only in the 20s but you can three hit kill tons of poo poo with the Quick Draw stance and you have a 3 sec Block. It also has evades that automatically put you into Quick Draw and you have air juggles. I really think they're probably a good middle ground between spin to win and the more combo type of play you get with a KFM.

I didn't even think about the BM. I'll have to try one out. So it sounds like you have to do a lot of stance dancing or is it passive based on what skill you use like a Force Master?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
You can roughly think of it as your regular stance applies CC and builds up energy and your Draw Stance does more damage, so you really want to be switching back and forth a lot.

djstix
Oct 8, 2012

Naisu naisu!!

IBentMyWookie posted:

Another thing to consider is that some abilities on these classes have no global cooldown (like the assassin stealth stance RMB/F/RMB/F spam) so a lot of it will come down to reflexes, ping, and clicking as fast as you can to maximize your dmg

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I think I screwed something up with the Invitation from Poharan quest. I either never got it or got it and deleted it accidentally. I put in a ticket, hopefully they can help me out.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

fadam posted:

I think I screwed something up with the Invitation from Poharan quest. I either never got it or got it and deleted it accidentally. I put in a ticket, hopefully they can help me out.

I thought I had screwed that one up to, but I was eventually able to join the cross-dungeon thing for that quest after I cleared it once using only the local party finder and buying and equipping that dumb sword. Might be worth a shot.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Even with the servers being closer to me than your average MMO, I still gain some benefits from using private vpns like pingzapper. I can definitely feel combat being more responsive, specially with mouse button attacks.

Each day the queue is getting smaller and smaller. Soon the game will be dead

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Lemming posted:

I thought I had screwed that one up to, but I was eventually able to join the cross-dungeon thing for that quest after I cleared it once using only the local party finder and buying and equipping that dumb sword. Might be worth a shot.

Which dumb sword?

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
How do I acess currency exchange? Faction chat is being spammed by goldsellers, and the clan I'm in doesn't respond :(

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

cathead posted:

What level did you actually play them to though? A lot of the class potential doesn't tend to show up until 20-25 when you have some skill points and can start experimenting with stuff in the trees. Stuff like Destroyer anicancel, Sin stealth attacking, Summoner sunflower, KFM 2rf/3rf rotations don't really show up until you have like 6+ points to spare.

Is there anything more to Blade Master than just blocking and wait to drop all your focus in Draw Stance on Honed Slash? That's the basic gameplay beat I've been following, and while effective it's...boring. I'm using the leveling build this guy put together http://the-unknowns.eu/index.php/Thread/433-Blizzia-s-Blade-Master-Guide-for-Beginners/ so if there's something better or something I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it.

I mean at this point I'm enjoying the terrible anime story more than the gameplay. :v:

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

fadam posted:

Which dumb sword?

If you go to try to do the cross dungeon thing there should be a screen that lists some stuff you need to do it and it'll list the name of a Dokumo (whatever class weapon is appropriate) weapon, as well as that invitation listed above it. You seem to have to hold it for some reason.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Eimi posted:

Is there anything more to Blade Master than just blocking and wait to drop all your focus in Draw Stance on Honed Slash? That's the basic gameplay beat I've been following, and while effective it's...boring. I'm using the leveling build this guy put together http://the-unknowns.eu/index.php/Thread/433-Blizzia-s-Blade-Master-Guide-for-Beginners/ so if there's something better or something I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it.

I mean at this point I'm enjoying the terrible anime story more than the gameplay. :v:

Well a lot of the skills activate off of a block or evade. So it is a lot easier to play than KFM or Assassin that requires more positioning and setup ie stuns/inflicting conditions on opponents. It also looks flashy as hell.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
What's the level range for getting reputation for PvP kills on either NPC or other players?

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Lemming posted:

If you go to try to do the cross dungeon thing there should be a screen that lists some stuff you need to do it and it'll list the name of a Dokumo (whatever class weapon is appropriate) weapon, as well as that invitation listed above it. You seem to have to hold it for some reason.
There's sort of a minimum ilvl to queue for dungeons in F8. The hongmoon weapon maxes out at level 36 without moonwater stones.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

IBentMyWookie posted:

Well a lot of the skills activate off of a block or evade. So it is a lot easier to play than KFM or Assassin that requires more positioning and setup ie stuns/inflicting conditions on opponents. It also looks flashy as hell.

Cyclone and Pierce yeah, Cyclone is great because of the focus regen but Pierce is just a bad use of focus compared to just hitting q and spamming Honed Slash. What activates off evades? At least as far as I can do it just swaps me to draw stance.

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

Eimi posted:

Blade Master, well, most classes' PvE only really shine in boss battles, since anything else dies too fast (especially since we're leveling with overtuned weapons). Against high-hp targets, you have to use every source of chi regen and iframes you can muster to just constantly use Honed Slash without pause.

Example: late floor tower of mushin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkPa8n8TWhs&t=1431s

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ
:eyepop:

drat that looks fun, ive only gotten to like character lvl 11

Evil_Greven
Feb 20, 2007

Whadda I got to,
whadda I got to do
to wake ya up?

To shake ya up,
to break the structure up!?

fadam posted:

What build are you guys using for Destroyer PvE? I feel like other than maxing LMB and RMB nothing is a must take.

KittyEmpress posted:

I literally just got to 19 and all my points so far have gone into LMB, besides one into RMB. I'm not sure which tree to go down on my RMB yet, all of them have interesting perks.

I basically don't use a LMB in the 20s and on. I still ain't at 40. This is my priority:

Eradicate (Cleave: Tier 4 Stage 4) -get ASAP, poo poo out AE damage; tight hitbox, so learn it - kiting & CC helps line up targets if need be
Ram (Tier 3 Stage 3) - couple with Blitz for Focus fuel (on some types of CC) + charge range
Stone Shield (Tier 4 Stage 2) - defense, healing, and Focus fuel all in one!
Grab (Tier 2 Stage 1) - same as above, really
Smash (Tier 3 Stage 2) - same as above, but bonus healing on same CC types as Ram
Upward Block (Axe Sweep: Tier 4 Stage 1) - this DOES NOT replace Axe Sweep but ADDS the ability to knocked down targets; more wicked Piledrive PBAE
Ember Stomp (Tier 3 Stage 3) - fun PBAE damage to knocked down targets*
Wrath (Tier 2 Stage 1) - whenever you can get this, single target wrecking ability
Gust (Tier 3 Stage 1) - this one is a bit preference... I like being able to get out of some extra CC**

I have not changed Eradicate since level 17. I have swapped around skills here and there depending on when I could use them; Smash vs Stone Shield for example.

Flow tends to be:
Blitz, Ram, Eradicate until dead. Get more Focus from Grab/Smash/Stone Shield depending on situation.
(Blitz on CD) Ram, Body Kick, Launch, Piledriver, Ember Stomp
(still ain't dead) Axe Sweep, Upward Block, Piledriver

Not much beyond bosses survives two Piledrivers with an Ember Stomp mixed in.
*Ember Stomp - I'm not sure that the damage on attack works for allies, but it seems like open world bosses die a lot faster when it's up.
**Fury is cool too, maybe aim for Tier 4 Stage 1 for 6s of Wrath murder

Evil_Greven fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
What is the Old Man Cho guild? I rolled on there and might end up playing this a bit.

• Locked thread