Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lyer
Feb 4, 2008

So how hard is the new shatterer? Reddit is saying it's not teq levels, but that's reddit.

Also surprised Anet didn't do anything for reaper shroud, they mentioned wanting to make it so being in shroud would actually be worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Shout buffs seem good but I'm not sure they're working taking still versus other skills, maybe for fractals I guess.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Lyer posted:

So how hard is the new shatterer? Reddit is saying it's not teq levels, but that's reddit.

It's still hard to fail it, you just can't afk auto on the hill anymore and have to move around a little.

Good luck getting the Break the CC bar achievements in a 100 pug zerg though.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I've not raided in GW2 but in WoW having someone rezzing in the corner away from whatever just murdered the tank/healer would have saved countless wipes.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall
SFD World First Shatterer Trophy

loving majestic

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ahahaha

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum

Majesty

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

:anet:

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
What's with all these Negative Nancy talk about Members? Yeah they got nerfed but...nevermind goons...carry on I guess.

Edit: How does this beer poo poo work? Is it in the game yet? I want all those beers IRL. gently caress.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Okay gooms, consensus for the HoT HP train seems to be 9PM EST tonight works for most people!

As with most group things that I run, I'll form a squad shortly beforehand, just /sqjoin Fat Hobo around 9 and we'll train when everyone shows up. I'll also notify in gchat around that time, and ask a helpful dual-guildie to notify SFD as well.

Also, on the way home I wound up behind this guy, and immediately thought of you doofs:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

loving majestic

That's some good poo poo.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

loving majestic

It looks like a turd.

Was that intended?

Illuyankas
Oct 22, 2010

Baron Von Pigeon posted:

loving majestic

a chunk of purest shattshite

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

Alteisen posted:

It looks like a turd.

Was that intended?

I get that my mesmer isn't for everyone's tastes but you don't have to be so rude.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

you're the prettiest turd I've ever seen, JQ

NapoleonAtWaterloo
Jun 28, 2008

Alteisen posted:

It looks like a turd.

Was that intended?

It's HoT in it's purest form.

Priapus Unbound
Aug 28, 2011

After buying a few of these, I can see that this is going to be a slog to dump luck.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

The big question is, do they work well for building JPs?

Solaerin
Mar 11, 2015

Kessel posted:

scrapper took a big hit in pvp because of the trait reorder. you can no longer take both adaptive armour and the trait that adds stability to your stomp, making function gyro pretty goddamn useless since a wet fart will now push it away

I disagree, you get to trade stability when casting function gyro for stability on dodge roll plus a 10% damage increase. Save your toss elixir b for when you're in a team fight and you need to secure a stomp (what you should probably be doing anyways) and that's a huge upgrade.

Also, you're probably going to see a lot of people take Applied Force over Adaptive Armor, having quickness like 1/3 of the time is ridiculously good. I'm guessing Perfectly Weighted, Mass Momentum, and Applied Force with a Paladin's Amulet is better than the old Marauder build.

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Last-minute reminder that the HoT HP train starts in about 5 minutes!

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
Most of you probably browse the subreddit but I'll link these dps charts anyway http://imgur.com/a/INJTF

Some poop sockers decided to test out some builds post patch, their results seem to be pretty consistent across the board so I'm taking this with more than a grain of salt. Only thing to ignore is the thief staff DPS as this was tested before the hotfix 2 hours ago where the numbers weren't quite right on staff damage or they simply weren't changed post patch.

Burnzerker and power rev still look fine if you were concerned at all for either of those builds for PvE. I'm curious to know whether its worth using rev sword 2 on CD even during quickness.

Looks like the next few weeks/months we're going to see a lot of necros and thieves in PvP. Tbh for the last week in ranked they were the two main classes that I would see the most in diamond/legend matches anyway. Now multiply that by 10.

e: ok I gave those guys way too much credit :v: ignore this poo poo post.

Hurp Durp Master fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jan 27, 2016

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Hurp Durp Master posted:

Most of you probably browse the subreddit but I'll link these dps charts anyway http://imgur.com/a/INJTF

waht the gently caress is this lol

quote:

Lots may be asking us for our methods/telling us that we're wrong, etc. Unfortunately, we are Secret Tester, we cannot disclose of all our methods. What we will tell you is that we do not want to mislead anybody by doing these tests. You are all free to decide who is wrong, who is right, which build you think does more dps, which build you enjoy more, etc. All we want to do is spread information about the patch as fast as possible. Take this with a grain of salt however; top guilds will tell you wrong builds (last patch's viper's burnzerker, berserker Signet of Concentration chrono) so they can make a profit off of the economy and you all in general. Who will you trust to be more benevolent? Those who have no name and gain nothing, or big guilds who profit off of shifts of the meta massively?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/42uz0c/secret_testers_st_dps_graphs_1262016/

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

BIG PHARMA GUILD

quote:

Thanks for letting us know exactly if big guilds would manipulate the market or not, like you'd reveal that. Matter of fact is, they all have things to gain and also things to lose, we have neither.

Poniard fucked around with this message at 05:05 on Jan 27, 2016

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

AnacondaHL posted:

Wait, what? They actually care about Adventures?! :monocle:
Only the one that was literally impossible to get gold on :v:

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Poniard posted:

BIG PHARMA GUILD

What counts as a big guild, does this mean that SFD and goon squad are the illuminati?

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

CLAM DOWN posted:

What counts as a big guild, does this mean that SFD and goon squad are the illuminati?

I think it's mainly directed at DNT and myself, but who knows why that's the case

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CaptainSwanky posted:

I think it's mainly directed at DNT and myself, but who knows why that's the case

Who are you?

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

Who are you?

A former DNT member that "made drama so I could farm YouTube money when I left the guild" and apparently a sociopath

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

CaptainSwanky posted:

A former DNT member that "made drama so I could farm YouTube money when I left the guild" and apparently a sociopath

I hope you made those mega youtube dollars man because gently caress dnt

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

incidentally is HoT a thing I want to buy immediately or should I wait until I'm closer to 80? (I'm coming back from 2013 and starting over)

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

CLAM DOWN posted:

I hope you made those mega youtube dollars man because gently caress dnt

:toot:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

voltcatfish posted:

incidentally is HoT a thing I want to buy immediately or should I wait until I'm closer to 80? (I'm coming back from 2013 and starting over)

Wait till you're 80.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lmao this owns bones, good job man

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

voltcatfish posted:

You can wait til you're 80, you don't miss anything. Once you're 80 though any XP you get is wasted until you buy HoT and unlock Masteries.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

thanks for the replies.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

What class do you play, former DnT guy? If it is thief please add me in game so we can vomit thief words at each other for fun :buddy:

nobody else likes it when I vomit thief words for fun ):

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

What class do you play, former DnT guy? If it is thief please add me in game so we can vomit thief words at each other for fun :buddy:

nobody else likes it when I vomit thief words for fun ):

I mostly play Burnzerker (RIP), Daredevil, Reaper, and Herald right now, but I've played pretty much everything in the past. I'll add you to my friends list

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Yeah, daredevil, thief, that one. I have sunk a shitload of time into that class over the last three years and really like talking about it!!

ign is Lorikeet/Goshawk :)

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yeah, daredevil, thief, that one. I have sunk a shitload of time into that class over the last three years and really like talking about it!!

ign is Lorikeet/Goshawk :)
How are you finding DD now Gos? I know you were pretty down on it at HoT launch (understandable) but have the changes done much to help what you were feeling was missing from the class?

also I just noticed your mod star is a bird, that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I'm not sure. I still dislike staff playstyle and all the number buffs in the world won't fix that -- particularly when preliminary numbers look to make autoattacks the top dps choice on sword and staff. I have never enjoyed classes that rely on auto spam. Thief has held my interest so long because for me, it had the perfect risk/reward balance and an active, involved playstyle. With so many of the staff skills forcing motion, thereby loving up combat positioning, and damage focus shifted onto our autos, rather than a look at initiative or adjusts to any of the 2 - 5 skills, it's pretty clearly moving in a direction that I don't enjoy and, to me, feels like it's missing the point of the class.

For all the poo poo we give DnT they provide a very useful service to the community by compiling/parsing numbers, and so I'd like to see what they have to say about daggers right now before I can really decide how I feel about these changes. I'm hoping backstab and heartseeker will still out-damage dagger auto so that the playstyle I have enjoyed for so long isn't completely gutted, but I am not a numbers person so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not very optimistic.

fake edit: yes I love my birbstar :3:

LITERALLY A BIRD fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 27, 2016

• Locked thread