Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

You can buy WiiWare through the Wii Shop Channel and you can use your credit card to buy points (and I think they updated it to accept eShop cards) but you can only download/run them from SD storage, not the internal or external Wii U storage.

Booo.

On the other hand, I suppose I've got a ton of old SD cards just laying around.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
No problem! You also have to play them with Wii controllers (wiimote, nunchuk, classic controller) in case that wasn't obvious.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

You lose the Gamecube Controller support which stinks, but there's really only a handful of situations where there's literally no other option for functionality. (A fun FYI is that you can play 4 Wii Remotes, and one GC controller for 5 player Bomberman '93 on the original Wii)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I haven't bought anything from the WiiWare store since I got my Wii U, but after the initial transfer, all of my old download games run off the internal memory and didn't need me to keep the SD card in.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Pokken going to be at Evo2K16.

https://twitter.com/shoryukendotcom/status/692186427317186561

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
waddle deez nuts

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Trasson posted:

I'll just follow this up independently: the AI is only an issue if you have no other people to play with or if you decide you want them around in a game of 2-3 humans, so that shouldn't be an issue unless you're looking for a single player game, and if you are there's so many better choices on the system.

Yeah, this. Dokapon Kingdom is only "fun" if you have friends to experience it with. By yourself, the game is designed to make you, alone, miserable, and misery loves company.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!

Can't be worse than SFxT.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
The console version?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yes, the console version. It has LAN support, so two copies of the game on two consoles with two TVs.

The arcade release is basically just a Wii U in a cabinet, anyhow.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

raditts posted:

How much of it have you played? Because this is definitely not true.

I'm at world 5 or whatever, done a few levels co-op and the rest single player. Co-op is handy for getting items but the game is clearly designed for just Kirby and the stylus controlled movement and the ability to freely move and jump renders a lot of obstacles obsolete.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Instant Sunrise posted:

i picked up okami for the wii.

this is a really fun game.

I would recommend this game as therapy if not for the Konohana Shuffle. I will feed all the animals, I swear it.

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I haven't bought anything from the WiiWare store since I got my Wii U, but after the initial transfer, all of my old download games run off the internal memory and didn't need me to keep the SD card in.

I sold my old, old Wii years ago. There's no way I can do a system transfer, is there?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Steve Okimoto is leaving Nintendo.

Not sure if it really means anything but huh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

He really liked the skinship minigame.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I'm eagerly awaiting a thorough analysis from a bunch of internet nobodies who have no idea who he is or what he did or didn't do.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
even his name is kinda japanese but also not

Fawf
Nov 5, 2009

It's Me, It's Me, It's DDD

I'm eagerly awaiting a thorough analysis from a bunch of internet nobodies who have no idea who he is or what he did or didn't do.

Please don't gossip about my uncle

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Did you know, Steve Okiwhoever was personally responsible for convincing Rareware to make Snake Rattle and Roll about snakes instead of anthropomorphic penises

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

cram me sideways posted:

I sold my old, old Wii years ago. There's no way I can do a system transfer, is there?

Can't transfer from a system you don't have. You know how they say there are no stupid questions? They lied.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
I mean, it's possible to do on other systems, but jivjov made it impossible nowadays.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

That Darn Jivjov! *wanh wanh*

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

cram me sideways posted:

Nah, you basically save your original Wii's data on an SD card and then it loads up onto your Wii U. But afterwards you don't need the SD card in and everything runs.

In fact, you need to download an app on the Wii menu of your Wii U in order to get this to work. You don't need an SD card at all to use the internal memory for WiiWare stuff on the WiiU.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Why does everyone hate jivjov?

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

If i were to buy one of the mario games for wii-u, which one should i get

I stopped playing after 64 honestly and never really liked sunshine

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Suspicious Cook posted:

Can't be worse than SFxT.

It's going to lead in to the announcement that an actual Tekken character will be appearing in Pokken. Not just their moveset or whatever but an actual human/robot/animal in the flesh just going to the mat against all the pokes.

BaronVanAwesome
Sep 11, 2001

I will never learn the secrets of "Increased fake female boar sp..."

Never say never, buddy.
Now you know.
Now we all know.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

Super Mario 3D World for suuuuuuure

edit: Second choice Mario Maker but still

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

If you have a Wii remote around and a nunchuck, Mario Galaxy 2 is a fantastic game that you can play on the Wii U now.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I don't. I mean why hate somebody who has as many amiibos as I do? It's hypocritical.

Question Time
Sep 12, 2010

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I'd say 3d world if you have someone to play with, and mario maker if you don't, or if you want the game to last a long time.

I had a lot of fun playing through 3d world with people, but we were done after beating it. I'm still playing a few mario maker levels every few days, and have much more time in it overall.

The Lobster
Sep 3, 2011

Massive
Avian
Rear
Images

BaronVanAwesome posted:

I have to say Mario Maker. There's a reason everybody is going apeshit over it and it's because it is a legitimately amazing game. You can literally play it forever until they turn the servers off whatever.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Street Fighter 5
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
Mortal Kombat X
Pokkén Tournament
Killer Instinct
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Tekken 7

I'm honestly surprised to see 2 Smash Bros games there, the official stance on smash bros on EVO used to be straight up "it's not a fighting game".

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

the concept of Mario maker gives me anxiety

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I'm honestly surprised to see 2 Smash Bros games there, the official stance on smash bros on EVO used to be straight up "it's not a fighting game".

Their stance changed right around the time Nintendo gave them money, and then again when they realised both games were getting huge player numbers with little overlap.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Street Fighter 5
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Guilty Gear Xrd -REVELATOR-
Mortal Kombat X
Pokkén Tournament
Killer Instinct
Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Tekken 7

USFIV is out, or did you forget it? That's really shocking. Especially considering like... everything else besides GGX and SFV.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

enojy posted:

USFIV is out, or did you forget it? That's really shocking. Especially considering like... everything else besides GGX and SFV.

They're done with it. It's not going to be in the Capcom tourney this year either.

Edit: On the Evo line up announcement stream, MrWizard mentioned they're avoiding player overlap. Reason why both Melee and Smash 4 are on the list is because the player bases are almost exclusive from each other.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Jan 27, 2016

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

enojy posted:

It's out. Capcom is very closely linked to EVO game choice so it must have been a Capcom decision.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
If that dude is leaving Nintendo after precisely 25 years it sounds like retirement.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
i had a dream last night that the NX's final name would be the "Nintendo F8", or Fate. Now, this isn't likely to happen but I'm posting this anyway, because if it does come true it'll be loving amazing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Everyone loves jivjov.

• Locked thread