Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

flickmaker posted:

I've been feeling like poo poo for a couple days. Can we play sometime tomorrow?

Change of plans so I'm free from 730 est through the rest of the night

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

I still feel like death. But let's do this. You around now?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dude you're on your own 42. Punt

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Dude it's 4th and 1. Deal with it.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ate you kidding me?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

That's directly against the rules. You're a madden baby just like you always have been. Way to play like a pubbie

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I really thought you had learned to not be a bitch. I don't even care anymore. Way to ruin the game

Oberst
May 24, 2010

And you missed lmao

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

It's against the rules to go 4th down deep in your own zone. Not 4th and 1 close to mid field.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Oh you're punting? Surprising

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Whatever

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jan 27, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

My 42, not your own. Jfc

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

gently caress you sim our game you loving baby.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Pot telling the kettle it's black. Good to know you're the same as always. Surprised you didn't quit the league

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Your own 42 is not go for it midfield. Sorry you don't know football rules or how to not be a madden baby. I punted on your ~49 twice. It would have been acceptable to go for it there, not my own 42

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Am I really in the wrong for going for it on 4th and 1 from the 42 with like a minute left in the half? If other people think I'm wrong, maybe I am. And I would apologize. But I think you are way over reacting here.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I always overreact you know that. Your own 42 is not acceptable to go for in a tied game in the 2nd quarter. If i had stopped you like I should have, then I'd already be in field goal range

Key emphasis on your own 42, not my 42. Like, do you not get football strategy? I know it's pretty easy to just go for it, but that breaks the decorum of being goons. If I wanted to play by pubby rules I'd just play pubbies

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 27, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I'm willing to replay if you are, but that poo poo is exactly what pubbies do

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

Dude it was 4th and 1 with under a minute left in the half. That's not outrageous at all. Some people have different football strategies. News at 11.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

And if someone comes in and says that going for it still p deep in your own side of the field then :can:

Might as well change the rule to always go for it regardless of the situation. Hell get rid of the password! What's my nigga uncle shredder/blackngold420 doing????

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

So at the 42 I'm an rear end in a top hat. But if it was the 49, then I'm all good?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

You're wrong and that's breaking SASFL rules. You're a J4G who hung around for years

Oberst
May 24, 2010

On your opponents 49, yes. On your own 49, iffy. 7-9 yards is a huge difference. Especially in a tied game in the first half. 42 is field goal range if you turn it over. Have you watched a football game at all?

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Dubious posted:

* Cheesing isn't tolerated here. We can discuss it on a case by case basis, but lets not let it come to that. Let's be good sportsmen in here. Includes, but not limited to (going for it on 4th downs deep in your own field, nano blitzes, or abusing no huddle. If you have to think that a play you're using may be cheap or laughed at in the real NFL, you should probably not run it.)

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

I still don't think what I did was wrong or against the rules. And I don't really give a poo poo about your opinion. So until other people post that I was an rear end in a top hat, we really have nothing left to say.

E: the 42 isn't "deep in your own field."

flickmaker fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Jan 27, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Well you are wrong and if you're right welcome to pubbieFL

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I faked a punt on my 40 against FG in the same situation last year, converted it and he just called me a fucker and that was that. Don't make me remind us its video games and we've had no complaints all year.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Yes it is, dude. 7-9 yards is huge in a game of inches. Please show me one example from the NFL where a team went for it on their own 42 in a tied regular sesson game in the first half

flickmaker
Jun 7, 2004

Coked out Artie.

I think I could handle being called a "fucker." But like 20 posts calling me a pubbie baby seems a little much.

E: game wasn't tied. I was winning. But don't let facts get in the way of a good argument.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fake punt isnt really the same thing as going for it straight up. Is it OK to go for it from your own 40? If so holy poo poo lol

Oberst fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Jan 27, 2016

Oberst
May 24, 2010

It's some pubbie poo poo.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Am I not allowed to post poorly anywhere??? Nice meltdown, Oberst

Oberst
May 24, 2010

7-6 is essentially tied lol. Would you rather I have said one possession game?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Its not habitual and in this piece of poo poo game where any number of hilarity can arise I'll say just let it slide for this one occurrence. Ya'll know we play 99% clean games unless were making GBS threads on the CPU.

Seriously the only salt so far this year was me bitching AF kept me in dime against his 4 wr sets until i learned it was the Run N Shoot and was like "oh I'm an idiot"

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I also wouldn't have done it to you. If I know the game/league is going to be always go for it from now on then I know.

Just can't see that being a thing that would happen in an NFL game. Sorry, my bad, if I'm wrong

Oberst
May 24, 2010

So I'm right. Good to know.

I didn't and wouldn't want anyone thrown out or whatever, but seriously it breaks decorum. NFL the RPG, not gotta gotta win win madden

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Flick, sorry about the meltdown

BUT I'M RIGHT MUFFFUKKKA :anime:

If you want to replay whenever let me know. I don't want a sim.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I highly doubt were all going to go for it now. I'd just shut er down if it hit that but i know it never will.

Why cant we just get some real xXxShredder420xXx drama again, that was actually hilarious

Oberst
May 24, 2010

I was being hyperbolic to prove my point, sir.

Everything is so nice. I'm literally having to manufacture a fight.

Goddamn I love you flick. Hope your ring is nice and snug, you fucker

Oberst fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Fuk u OP The End is the worst boss

• Locked thread