Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

quote:

Don't feel bad! You used your critical thinking properly and didn't just jump on the hype train. You obviously kept your mind open and continued the critical thinking instead of being satisfied with your initial decision.

We need more humans like that!

I wanted a game, but I'm ok that Roberts is making a movie instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/692136062471249920

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
Shall we let the peasants play our noble game?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/42v1y2/with_squadron_42_and_star_citizen_being_split_do/

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

:eyepop:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

:f5:

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Madcosby posted:

*head explodes*

*cure for head explosion released before private servers*

Wait wait, before your head explodes, you should buy this here Engineering-Manual-For-Modders. Only 10$ right now.

Oh such a tease he is.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Wait wait, before your head explodes, you should buy this here Engineering-Manual-For-Modders. Only 10$ right now.

Oh such a tease he is.

stop stop stop

I assume when derek says "what comes next" he means on a scale of "from now till release"

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/6289522/#Comment_6289522

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

He's just going going to write a blog about the 2 guys who left CIG.

Prove me wrong Derek, prove me wrong.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

trucutru posted:

You might have a point, technically he often says stuff on here before he goes all blog/twitter happy. Then this thread gets disappointed since to us he's repeating himself in his usual Smart Style™.

I hope you are wrong though.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

trucutru posted:

Naw- with great fanfare he's going to re-break news EightAce already posted here days ago.

Prove us both wrong, Derek!

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Tomorrow CIG will be announcing the sale of a new JPEG: the Banu Buttreamer, sponsored by Vaseline. $850, in stock, buy now.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

:flashfap:

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

I think when Chris's pop up book autobiography comes out he'll admit he was winging it all the time then wink and say 'That's why I am known as the 'Wing Commando''

The only popup book narrated by A-list Hollywood actors reading absolute drivel with a stern, serious face.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Iron Tusk posted:

So what's the next feature to fall to Backpedal, Delay, Hand-wave away?

Oh dude, you still have enowe's avatar. Too bad.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
Posting on page 1500....
...oh gently caress it.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
"Camera shakes from a massive explosion. It's like we're in a different world. A massive Vanduul fleet screams towards us. UEE and Vanduul ships trade body blows over the planet of Vega II. Fighters from both sides tumble through space unleashing weapon fire on eachother.

Camera races and weaves through the dozens of mini-battles toward the encroaching line of Vanduul capital ships. Camera pushes toward the bridge of the Vanduul Flagship.

The bridge of the Vanduul Flagship is not the expected dark, dank, violent, sweaty evil-looking place. It's almost frighteningly calm and serene. The Deck Crew seems almost unaffected by the panoramic destruction on their screens.

The Occuri (Leader of the clan) watches impassively. He is massive, even by Vanduul standards, and bears scars from multiple battles. He directs the movement of his fleet from his main console while his Thul-Occuri (Second in command), a wiry Vanduul in ground-assault armor, watches on.

The camera sweeps out of the bridge. . .

The Flagship's cannons focus and fire simultaneously. Camera tracks along with the bolts to witness the incineration of any smaller ships (Human or Vanduul) that happen to cross their path.

The massive laser shots arc towards the UEE Defiance, one of the largest carriers and focal point of the UEE line.

Shields suddenly fire up to absord the Vanduul shots.

Camera keeps pushing towards the bridge.

The bridge of the Defiance shudders. Officers and crew race around to keep up with the battle they are directing."

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 2, 2016

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
SQ42 is being released as a choose your own adventure telltale style game with 10 hours of content!

But seriously it is just probably a recap and how it impacts things. I don't think anything could be worse unless everyone just up and quits.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
We don't have a "Positive comment or no comment policy" ... this is a bit more obvious for some topics.

What bullshit 1984 double-speak that is.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

it can't get any worse than not getting my refund

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

I'm nipping out hard in anticipation.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Beet Wagon posted:

Purchased. Thank you for your good advice about good games in this thread about bad games and the bad advice that goes with them.

I mean, for three bucks that's basically nothing. 1/10 of a starship!

Cool. To this day I still load up Eternal Crusade every once in a while and play the hell out of it. Soulstorm was kind of bad though.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

I didn't do the remake this weekend. I am home alone all this weekend; so I'll do it. Promise.
Dr Smart, you know you hold the fate of all our goony hearts in your trembling hands.
GOON. DE. YADA.
We trust you.

Also the leavings post-Star Marine revelation were actually quite interesting, nice work.

G0RF posted:

[i]Alright gents, this is a bloody long Effort Post
drat fine post (seriously, it's incredible that they've done this poo poo again.)

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/315364/learned-first-hand-how-toxic-some-people-can-be-much-better-title-amirite

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
e: someone posted about this E:D group trip to the other side of the galaxy earlier, do they actually have 900 players on board? Didn't realise the active player base was large enough to sustain such a project https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/01/26/elite-dangerous-galaxy-edge-journey/

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://twitter.com/DreadMorgan/status/692054390828617729
https://twitter.com/DreadMorgan/status/692056173042860032
https://twitter.com/DreadMorgan/status/692058284975624192

lmao

HookedOnChthonics
Dec 5, 2015

Profoundly dull

Not to prolong offtopic chat too much, but if I haven't found anything to enjoy in the first four missions of DoWII is that likely to change? The production quality is through the roof and I really want to enjoy it but marching angry, stocky white dudes around the map as they shout about how mad they are about angry, stocky green dudes gets old pretty quick

This is my first real warhams experience, I know a bunch about it from watching goons play bloodbowl and just general internet osmosis but I was really expecting it to be way more tongue in cheek about all the battle brother exterminate the xeno stuff :smith:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
*makes multiple angry chain tweets about derek smart and how he can't see my tweets*
*accuses derek smart of having a meltdown*

lol

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

http://resumes.actorsaccess.com/sandigardiner

Sandi has a new thing listed on her resume site called 'Lagos 2035'. There is nothing on IMDB, and hardly any mention of it on google. The most detailed description I got was from the site of one of the other actors: http://www.dinawilson.com/

quote:

At the end of November I shot a super cool pilot called LAGOS 2035 where I play the daughter of a President in a future dystopian Blade Runner-esque world.

Wasn't that the time when Sandi 'I never take a day off' Gardiner was sporting that fake tattoo on her neck? Wasn't November a busy time for CIG? Weren't there months worth of CS tickets to respond to, and JPG ships to market?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 27, 2016

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Captain B'tak's AI fantasies

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

HookedOnChthonics posted:

Not to prolong offtopic chat too much, but if I haven't found anything to enjoy in the first four missions of DoWII is that likely to change? The production quality is through the roof and I really want to enjoy it but marching angry, stocky white dudes around the map as they shout about how mad they are about angry, stocky green dudes gets old pretty quick

This is my first real warhams experience, I know a bunch about it from watching goons play bloodbowl and just general internet osmosis but I was really expecting it to be way more tongue in cheek about all the battle brother exterminate the xeno stuff :smith:

I'm kinda with you there, but I think it's just the way the game is made. I absolutely loving loved Dawn of War 1. I only made it past like three missions in original DoW II before I got super bored.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

So, I am expected him to be disappointed...

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Iron Tusk posted:

So what's the next feature to fall to Backpedal, Delay, Hand-wave away?

Your av is really bad. I'm making fun of you.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Eonwe posted:

*makes multiple angry chain tweets about derek smart and how he can't see my tweets*
*accuses derek smart of having a meltdown*

lol

"Nigga"

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Fargin Icehole posted:

I'm kinda with you there, but I think it's just the way the game is made. I absolutely loving loved Dawn of War 1. I only made it past like three missions in original DoW II before I got super bored.

I found the Dawn of War games a bunch of fun, and still fire them up from time to time. DoW2 goes down a different path, with the more tactical RTS, and I didn't care for it one bit. Different strokes I guess.

bend it like baked ham
Feb 16, 2009

Fries.

Iglocska posted:

For the uninitiated: What's a brony?

Edit: Never mind, googled it. WTF? Is this a thing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-TemfMIxrk&t=105s

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe

HookedOnChthonics posted:

I always preferred DOW1, it was shallower in gameplay but I found it a lot more fun - it was kind of a traditional RTS where you could build up a big rear end army and just throw tons of guys and weaponry at the enemy. Definitely more appropriate feeling for warhammer than the small tactical squad gameplay which seemed to be what DOW2 was about.
Then again I always played as orks and they're all about the zerg :3:

Disclaimer:haven't played either for years ago may be talking crap

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
A lot of people talk about WoW killers and MMO killers. This game will be the game that kills crowdfunding altogether.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

lol

• Locked thread