Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Cowslips Warren posted:

Wouldn't logic say that a loving pillow at SeaWorld would get wet and moldy?

The guns thing is new. I love reading reviews of restaurants or pet stores to find the one star reviews because "they ban guns on grounds! FINE I'll take my business elsewhere and save lives because you lieberal weaklings are afraid!"

I wonder if the old zoo I used to work at lets armed people in. I could see it go either way. Seriously who the gently caress needs a gun at a goddamn zoo?

How else are you gonna bag a lion?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I hope every last person who has cut me off or disobeyed a traffic sign and almost caused an accident with me and then had the nerve to flip ME off hits a tree. Every last loving one of them.

A few hours ago I was coming back from the store with my 2 small kids in the car and some loving rear end in a top hat ran a red light and very nearly t-boned me. Then the dickhead blares his horn at me for a good 5 seconds, flips me off, then peels off. That is the closest I've ever come to following someone on the road for the sole purpose of yelling at them. I'm still shaking. Say, this is not the first time this has ever happened.

BigBallChunkyTime has a new favorite as of 20:42 on Jan 26, 2016

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Retail Slave posted:

I hope every last person who has cut me off or disobeyed a traffic sign and almost caused an accident with me and then had the nerve to flip ME off hits a tree. Every last loving one of them.

A few hours ago I was coming back from the store with my 2 small kids in the car and some loving rear end in a top hat ran a red light and very nearly t-boned me. Then the dickhead blares his horn at me for a good 5 seconds, flips me off, then peels off. That is the closest I've ever come to following someone on the road for the sole purpose of yelling at them. I'm still shaking. Say, this is not the first time this has ever happened.

:stare: Surely there's some non emergency police number you could call with their licence plate? I know you can do that with potentially drunk drivers. Granted, you might not think of this in the heat of the moment, but it's something. I'm sorry you encountered into such lovely drivers, that sounds terrifying!

Che Delilas
Nov 23, 2009
FREE TIBET WEED

Retail Slave posted:

I've lived in Portland for half a year now so my current pet peeve is a combination: suicidal bicyclists and the people who blindly defend them.

For the first, I'm talking about the absolute morons who don't even bother to wear a helmet, blowing straight through stop signs and red (not just-turned-red either) traffic lights without so much as positioning their fingers over the brake levers. It happens all the goddamn time and I've come so close to hitting them with my car as to leave me shaking with adrenaline on more than one occasion. And then they have the nerve to give me a dirty look? They are consistently the worst traffic on the road.

The second part is whenever I mention how I almost hit an idiot cyclist who ran a red where more than 2 other people can hear me, at least one of them inevitably responds with, "you have to share the road, cyclists have the right to use it too." So of course I have to add this disclaimer about how I know that not everyone does the thing I just described, I just don't want people to use my three thousand pounds of moving steel as their method of suicide. And also that I'm automatically going to give bicycles extra room and attention anyway because even a minor accident between the two of us is going to be catastrophic for the cyclist. I get it. But none of that absolves the cyclist of being a loving moron.

Also sharing the road involves obeying the loving rules of the road, but apparently what it means to the Defenders of Bicycle is that cars shouldn't be on it at all. gently caress off, put on a helmet, and try to not be a complete hypocrite.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

I'll happily share the road with bicyclists who FOLLOW THE loving RULES. sigh, yeah as a PNW resident that gets to me, too.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
The bikers are literally breaking the law by not following traffic signs. I wish cops would enforce it, would be awesome to hear them complaining.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Hotels that charge 10 bucks for wifi and don't have a 4g/3g signal inside the building.

gently caress you.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Rolo posted:

Hotels that charge 10 bucks for wifi and don't have a 4g/3g signal inside the building.

gently caress you.

On the other end: hotels that advertise free wifi in rooms but when you get there it's essentially non-functional if you're above the ground floor or beyond the nearest rooms to the lobby. I'd rather pay for functional wifi no matter where your room is than have nothing.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
People on Facebook who tag you in posts on your own wall or comments on your own post. I already know you're talking to me! I don't need two notifications about it! And I know you don't refer to me by my full name whenever you address me.

Also gently caress you if you like your own posts. Why is that even an option?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

Henchman of Santa posted:

People on Facebook who tag you in posts on your own wall or comments on your own post. I already know you're talking to me! I don't need two notifications about it! And I know you don't refer to me by my full name whenever you address me.

Also gently caress you if you like your own posts. Why is that even an option?

To that end, people who tag you in stuff that is tangentially related to a hobby you have. I like skydiving, but I never get tagged in cool skydiving videos. I get tagged in the same wind tunnel video over and over, though (three times in two days by friends who all know each other, identical video from identical source), paragliding, BASE jumping, zip lining...everything BUT skydiving. I get that non-skydivers don't really "get" skydiving, and they just see "cool video of people doing things in the air" and decide I need to see it three times, but it's a little annoying. Then I get the "let's do this!" comments from people who SWEAR they are going to be the next BASE jumping or wing suiting superstar, but every time I invite them out for a tandem they chicken out.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Murphy Brownback posted:

On the other end: hotels that advertise free wifi in rooms but when you get there it's essentially non-functional if you're above the ground floor or beyond the nearest rooms to the lobby. I'd rather pay for functional wifi no matter where your room is than have nothing.

That was my night before last in a different hotel. I'm gonna keep this going:

-Hotels with a 4x4 bathroom and a door that opens inwards.

-Hotel bathrooms with a shower faucet less than five feet off the ground.

-Hotels that don't acknowledge the do-not-disturb even though you have a late checkout and are severely jet-lagged.

I'm ready to be home :arghfist::butt:

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Maggie Fletcher posted:

To that end, people who tag you in stuff that is tangentially related to a hobby you have. I like skydiving, but I never get tagged in cool skydiving videos. I get tagged in the same wind tunnel video over and over, though (three times in two days by friends who all know each other, identical video from identical source), paragliding, BASE jumping, zip lining...everything BUT skydiving. I get that non-skydivers don't really "get" skydiving, and they just see "cool video of people doing things in the air" and decide I need to see it three times, but it's a little annoying. Then I get the "let's do this!" comments from people who SWEAR they are going to be the next BASE jumping or wing suiting superstar, but every time I invite them out for a tandem they chicken out.

I have a friend who is really big on this one diner in Akron (he might have even worked there). LeBron James took Amy Schumer, Bill Hader and Judd Apatow there, and people posted the story about it on his timeline 8 different times.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Rolo posted:

hotel stuff

While we're on the topic, I'd like to add:

- hotels trying to be "modern" and doing the doorless, curtainless shower thing with a drain in the middle of the room so you end up flooding half the bathroom taking a shower
- places that stretch the truth about the views. Not too long ago I booked a hotel that advertised a "Matterhorn view", but when I got there, you could only view it if you leaned half your body over the balcony railing and looked up over the adjacent roof to see maybe the top 10% of the Matterhorn.

and along the same lines as one of yours: when you have the DND sign up and the lobby calls you to "confirm" that you don't want turndown service on 2+ night stays. The sign means leave me alone, including not knocking, no calling, not only "don't come in my room yet", so do it.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Maggie Fletcher posted:

To that end, people who tag you in stuff that is tangentially related to a hobby you have.

In the last two weeks, people have tagged me in posts about Adam Driver and that cat that looks like Adam Driver like six times. I like animals, and I thought Kylo Ren (not Adam Driver) was hot, but sheesh.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

Murphy Brownback posted:

This is how it was at the hotel I work at for the first year I was working there, and by then the system was almost six years old. We got constant complaints about it, especially from the long-term residents, who I felt really bad for, since we house people with major illnesses, and a lot of them just wanted to Skype with their family but could barely even load Facebook. Thankfully we upgraded recently but jfc, this isn't some jerkoff Super 8, our guests are dying, at least let them watch Netflix.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Maggie Fletcher posted:

I often get what are obviously fake animals posted to my wall. Like this:

With zero indication that they know the animal is not real.

:smith: Also, about four different people sent me that loving dead raccoon picture a while back.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cash crab posted:

I often get what are obviously fake animals posted to my wall. Like this:

With zero indication that they know the animal is not real.

:smith: Also, about four different people sent me that loving dead raccoon picture a while back.

Are you sure that Owlbears aren't real?

DavidAlltheTime
Feb 14, 2008

All David...all the TIME!
Working retail: It's dead slow and you're doing a task that would be way easier with two people, but you feel awkward asking a co-worker to give you a hand for fear you'll be talked about behind your back as being 'bossy'.

I went from managing a farm to working in a private liquor store and I couldn't get over how inefficient everything was. I'm so glad I've moved on.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ooh, we're telling hotel horror stories? I'd like to see this thread revived. :)

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
When you're trying to switch lanes and you put on your turn signal and start merging when the guy behind you swerves into the lane to try and cut you off! I had my signal on so you knew I was turning, saw me starting the turn, and decide "nope, this guy isn't switching lanes!*hits gas*" You very well could have switched lanes with(after) me!

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Body Corporate contracted some people to repaint some poo poo or something, I'm not entirely sure what. They've been making a racket around the place for most of the week.

I guess they felt like it was completely cool to store their poo poo on my porch without asking and also move my stuff into the garden, dumping a bunch of mud into my mop bucket in the process. What the gently caress?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Murphy Brownback posted:

and along the same lines as one of yours: when you have the DND sign up and the lobby calls you to "confirm" that you don't want turndown service on 2+ night stays. The sign means leave me alone, including not knocking, no calling, not only "don't come in my room yet", so do it.

I've never worked in hospitality, so I'm clueless, but I've had this happen a couple times, too. Why do they bother you when you specifically say that you're working and would rather not be bothered? Are they scared that if you're in the room for more than a day without them peeking in that you'll have time to wreck up the place without them knowing? It's not like they don't have my credit card number, driver's license number, and my car's description/plate number. It'd be pretty easy to find me if I tore poo poo up and took off.

Gitro posted:

Body Corporate contracted some people to repaint some poo poo or something, I'm not entirely sure what. They've been making a racket around the place for most of the week.

I guess they felt like it was completely cool to store their poo poo on my porch without asking and also move my stuff into the garden, dumping a bunch of mud into my mop bucket in the process. What the gently caress?

Put their poo poo in the garden and bring your stuff back up to the porch when they're not around.

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I've never worked in hospitality, so I'm clueless, but I've had this happen a couple times, too. Why do they bother you when you specifically say that you're working and would rather not be bothered? Are they scared that if you're in the room for more than a day without them peeking in that you'll have time to wreck up the place without them knowing? It's not like they don't have my credit card number, driver's license number, and my car's description/plate number. It'd be pretty easy to find me if I tore poo poo up and took off.

I've never worked in hospitality either, but I've had this problem before. I just assumed that they were deathly afraid of a negative review for not being attentive enough. What if he left the sign out by mistake?! He'll give us three circles on TripAdvisor! :derp:

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I think it's probably that. I know a lot of hotels have a policy for long stays where a housekeeping staff person has to at least look in your room once every 3 days or so regardless of whether you have a sign. I usually only encounter the bothersome people in smaller family run hotels. I guess they find it weird when people aren't leaving their rooms in the morning. The big chain ones don't seem to care what I do.

yeah I eat ass has a new favorite as of 16:38 on Jan 29, 2016

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

I've never worked in hospitality, so I'm clueless, but I've had this happen a couple times, too. Why do they bother you when you specifically say that you're working and would rather not be bothered?

The last time I stayed in a hotel, I had the exact opposite problem.

Housekeeper: *knocks door*
Me: *opens door*
Housekeeper: Can I come in?
Me: Sure! :)
Housekeeper: Okay, sorry. *walks away*

:psyduck:

Spalec
Apr 16, 2010

Murphy Brownback posted:

I think it's probably that. I know a lot of hotels have a policy for long stays where a housekeeping staff person has to at least look in your room once every 3 days or so regardless of whether you have a sign.

Isn't that just to make sure you haven't died or aren't running a meth lab or something else?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Ok, I get that sometimes you might go pick people up somewhere and it is supposed to be a quick stop, pick up, and go. But goddammit if that place is in a parking lot use a loving parking spot instead of blocking the way like an rear end in a top hat. I see this at Costco all the time, people will park themselves in the aisle right beside an open parking spot. This is twice retarded! You're occupying a spot AND blocking traffic through the lot. Jesus, what is wrong with people?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
We have a break room and a training room at work. The former has a tiny table and a TV and always has people in and out of it. So when I take my lunch, I do it in the training room. I might have a soda with me, but no food, and since there is no wifi, I use the computer there to check email, etc. Well, another employee who starts work at 2pm has started coming in at noon because his morning job gets out at 11 and it's a waste of gas to go home. So he parks it in the training room to chill on his phone or the computer. I have no issue with that. But when someone else is USING THE loving COMPUTER, don't sit right next to me and glance over at whatever I am looking at.

gently caress, I checked Facebook to see if I had a message reply from my tree-cutter dude, and rear end in a top hat coworker quips up, "Oh man, checking Facebook on a work computer? Wow, really?" I told him one, I was on loving lunch, and two, it was maybe a 5 second check before I went on to my email. Don't loving hover over me, rear end in a top hat! There are fifty other chairs in this room, you do not have to sit right next to me to hint you want to use the computer because you have two hours to go before you clock in.

Same dude also commenting on my timeclock when I punched in and out. gently caress you. Go sit elsewhere, there is another computer in the spare room if you HAVE to be online right now and your phone is down!

Sitting super close and making it awkward. We're not trapped together on an airplane, gently caress off!

Sir PigglyWiggly
Jan 12, 2013

I got lost in the woods.
Now I'm a tree!
People who can't accept you won't like all the music they like, and people who can't accept that you like music they don't like.

So no Frank I told you I don't wanna listen to some loving indie metal band that is the best poo poo ever, I don't care if my music sucks ball gently caress off, let me enjoy my break in peace.

On the same note people who make you loving explain why you like poo poo. I like it, that is all you need to know. This causes my brain to drop feel good chemicals, that is more than enough loving reason, no matter what you magic loving words you expect me to throw out to convince you it won't make a difference, I like what I like you like what you like.

gently caress Frank

Gitro
May 29, 2013
Air so humid it just feels wet. It's hard to breathe, I'm sweating just walking in it and all that achieves is making me feel more damp. This is hell, gently caress this state.

Nettles Coterie
Dec 24, 2008

Play in the Dark, lest the Heat catch you standing still
When I'm out with coworkers and someone just has to make it awkward by getting way too drunk and hitting on/hooking up with someone else. No, I don't need to witness awkward flirting between my boss and coworker, no I don't need to know who's going home with who. I get it, you're going out to drink and have fun, but when the whole loving department is there, maybe don't get blackout drunk and then drape yourself all over your boss/employee? Everyone wants to believe they don't let outside friendships/relationships affect how they treat people at work, but obviously in reality that's impossible. Don't loving intentionally complicate things by fooling around where everyone can see, especially with your subordinates.

People who make plans that include you by necessity (as in it can't happen without you) but don't feel the need to ask/tell you about said plans. Like, my roommates want to move soon... and they not only waited forever to tell me, but also assumed that I would move with them because they can't afford a place on their own in the area they want to move to :psyduck: why the gently caress would I want to move to a MUCH more expensive area, that is farther from my work and has obscene amounts of traffic, and has absolutely no upside for me? Don't plan the whole loving thing out without even consulting me!

As for something less weirdly specific: people who are outright rude to you but if you respond with anything other than perfect politeness, they think you're the scum of the earth. Like, folks who get right in your way (intentionally or not) and then get mad when you say "excuse me" and squeeze past them, or people who basically throw their money at a cashier or set it on the counter as far from you as possible, then expect you to hand their change back with a smile and "thank you." Also, people who get mad when you don't thank them for stupid poo poo, especially when they get weirdly aggressive about it, saying "you're welcome!!" when you haven't thanked them, or outright telling you "say 'thank you'!" Like, gently caress no I'm not going to thank you if you're being a loving prick about it. Go to hell. Who the gently caress has the nerve to lecture other people about manners, when they clearly have none of their own?

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
People who don't believe in food allergies. I'm allergic to fish. The kind of allergy that means I have to carry an epipen around. It sucks. I've learned to live with it. I prefer vegetarian food anyway. So why do people keep telling me I need to try sushi, because it's sooo awesome, you will love it! Or stuff like it can't be ALL fish, like even salmon? What about herring? Or cod? Yes, even salmon, and herring, and cod. Can't you try just a little bit, I know someone who stopped being allergic to something after several years. Well, good for them I guess? Doesn't mean I want to risk a shock reaction. No, I can't eat Thaifood if it has fish sauce in it, sorry. Yes, I need to know all the ingredients in that soup. No, removing that piece of fish and than eating the rest of the dish is a bad idea, just trust me, OK? Isn't allergies just an excuse picky eaters use? I'm sure that happens, that doesn't mean every person with an allergy is faking it. So you never had fish 'n chips? No, I haven't. What about pickle fish, is that as bad? Look, I can't eat fish! Please just believe me when I tell you body treats fish as a poison, OK?

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
Gravy Boat 2k
I'm allergic to only certain kinds of fish :( It sucks because I like the types I can eat, but it's a crapshoot as to what kind of surface/knife they used to make it so sometimes I'll get sick and sometimes I won't. I'm stupid to take the risk in the first place but I love tuna :(

People with fake allergies can go to hell. Oh I'm GLUTEN FREE no you're not allergic to gluten you just are following a fad you rear end in a top hat. It's like 99% upper class white ladies that do this. Actually most things upper class white ladies do annoy me. The most recent one being GMO crap and how everyone talks about it. The word itself makes me want to stab whoever is saying it or maybe my own eardrums. Humans have been eating genetically modified food for centuries, whether it's from a lab or farming methods, other poo poo like your hair products or your gas guzzling SUV are the things that are going to kill you, not the loving tomato you're eating.

Thin Privilege has a new favorite as of 16:11 on Jan 30, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Thin Privilege posted:

People with fake allergies can go to hell. Oh I'm GLUTEN FREE no you're not allergic to gluten you just are following a fad you rear end in a top hat. It's like 99% upper class white ladies that do this. Actually most things upper class white ladies do annoy me.

I agree, but at the very least it means GF food is more widely available for people who legitimately have coeliac. Of course it probably also allows people capitalising on the stupid fad to drive up the price so call it a wash. :shrug:

A FUCKIN CANARY!!
Nov 9, 2005

I'm sure that more than a few restaurants throw up "GLUTEN FREE!! iced tea" signs without making any changes to the menu on the gamble that nobody with an actual allergy will ever eat there, so it's almost certainly a net loss.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

AlphaKretin posted:

I agree, but at the very least it means GF food is more widely available for people who legitimately have coeliac. Of course it probably also allows people capitalising on the stupid fad to drive up the price so call it a wash. :shrug:

Yeah like I can just go and buy gf custard creams and frozen chicken kievs now in any of the big supermarkets and I can get gf biscuits in coffee shops, pizza places do gf pizzas and pasta and beer, some restaurants have entire gluten free menus

I think back to having to get bland crumbly awful bread from the chemist on prescription when I was a kid and just marvel at this bright new world :buddy:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I've been acquiring a bunch of video game OSTs lately, and for every single one I Google the first result is a video over an hour long that appears to be every track back to back. :psyduck: I can't figure out how to explain my issue with it but I can't understand why anyone would do that over uploading the album as individual tracks.

E:VVV Yeah, probably not. :shrug: Seems like there would be easier ways than loading up an hour long flv though.

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 17:56 on Jan 30, 2016

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Probably because some people want to listen to the whole album at once and don't want to wait for the next one to load. The only drawback is you can't skip to a specific song, but I don't think it's as unusual as you think it is.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

AlphaKretin posted:

I've been acquiring a bunch of video game OSTs lately, and for every single one I Google the first result is a video over an hour long that appears to be every track back to back. :psyduck: I can't figure out how to explain my issue with it but I can't understand why anyone would do that over uploading the album as individual tracks.

E:VVV Yeah, probably not. :shrug: Seems like there would be easier ways than loading up an hour long flv though.

People who are Good at Uploading Albums will usually have a time stamp in the info section for every individual track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv: