Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Oh my god even more ancient gear dogs, why is it verboten for obelisk force to play anything new?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
I'm just glad that we'll never have to see a full Crow duel again.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn

Xoidanor posted:

Oh my god even more ancient gear dogs, why is it verboten for obelisk force to play anything new?

Honestly it seems about right that an evil academy would teach all of their soldiers the exact same way to play.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

So is season 3 going to be like this?
I don't think I can take much more of this heavily back loaded pacing.

Least impressive zerk so far tho.

I wanna say no on virtue that they'll probably tackle Academia directly after all this and all the good people will be working on Arc V rather than mostly working on the movie.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
So I started watching Arc-V a few nights ago

I just got through 33/34 tonight

yowza

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sora...is....pretty cool? :catstare:

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
its pretty funny how tsukikage needed help taking out one squad while reira took down at least two on his own

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh I really like how theyre animating Yuri.
Hes all slimy and creepy.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

Red Suit posted:

its pretty funny how tsukikage needed help taking out one squad while reira took down at least two on his own

I love Tsukikage for this, he just keeps surviving while more important and threatening characters are around him wrecking poo poo, like it's an RPG and he's several levels behind and an extra side character rather than the core party.

Reira is freaking cool, this was a pretty dynamic and fun episode. Kinda sucks that essentially 16 dudes dueled and the only woman onscreen was just laying there needing protection.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Hi Yugioh thread

I haven't seen Arc-V at all, how good is it?

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like it a lot. I've only watched the original series so I don't know how well it holds up to the others, but I like it a lot.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hi Yugioh thread

Synchro arc has been kinda dragging and some characters were sidelined to make room for Crow (:sigh:) but otherwise it has been really good.

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Arc V has been really consistently entertaining even if it still doesn't quite know what to do with its large cast. Action/entertainment dueling is a neat, simple gimmick and the majority of duels are snappy and fun. I think the main thing of note about it is all the lancers are really just fun characters even if it takes a while for them to warm up. I don't think I've ever seen a series of yugioh where I haven't hated a few members of the core cast so it's pretty nice that I like more or less everyone in arc V (except Crow but I mean not liking Crow is fun in its own way :v:

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Arc:V is great, but the Dub is terrible, except for the new names they've slapped onto people.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

TheKingofSprings posted:

Hi Yugioh thread

Arc-V is great. It's been a bit slow recently while they try to wrap this tournament arc up, but overall it's been super solid.

PowerBeard posted:

Arc:V is great, but the Dub is terrible, except for the new names they've slapped onto people.

DIPPER O'RION. :argh:

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Dexie posted:

Is a great name.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

PowerBeard posted:

Eh, I'd say it's okay. As of the end of Season 1, I'd rank it at least above the 5Ds and Zexal dubs.

Plus, everything about Gong is loving great.

Dexie posted:

Speaking of which, now that he's gone, his va now plays Dennis. Surprisingly good, much better voiced than Dipper. And he's just as camp as you'd expect.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Senerio posted:

Is a great name.

It's the worst. :argh:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Tsukikage is basically far and away the most competent, skilled character in the entire show until you actually need somebody who can win you a duel. Yu-Gi-Oh has never had a character like this, it's pretty great.

In his defense though, one-on-one he's actually a really goddamn good duelist, he just keeps getting stuck in this battle royale poo poo.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

VJeff posted:

Tsukikage is basically far and away the most competent, skilled character in the entire show until you actually need somebody who can win you a duel. Yu-Gi-Oh has never had a character like this, it's pretty great.

In his defense though, one-on-one he's actually a really goddamn good duelist, he just keeps getting stuck in this battle royale poo poo.

Great support duelist in tag-duels, though.

Gotta say, this duelist warfare poo poo is pretty cool. The series needs more of this.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Fun episode.
Shun was Straight Outta Heartland

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
drat, we may never get to see the Promoters FORBIDDEN SUPER CRAZY EVIL DELUXE GORGEOUS ULTRA RARE DECK(tm) in action.

I'm going to guess and say it's a tonne of banned Pot of Greeds and Cyber Jars.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
Holy poo poo the plot moved forward.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

PowerBeard posted:

drat, we may never get to see the Promoters FORBIDDEN SUPER CRAZY EVIL DELUXE GORGEOUS ULTRA RARE DECK(tm) in action.

I'm going to guess and say it's a tonne of banned Pot of Greeds and Cyber Jars.

I hope it's all gold series stuff.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

This time around they seem to be avoiding having named characters getting carded with abandon. However, unlike the Championship, I wouldn't mind seeing these characters get carded. :v:(with the exceptions of Enjoy and Gallagher).

Also, here's Dennis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6RONfgsRA0E

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Kurosaki should just punch everyone.
It works more often than dueling.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jan 26, 2016

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

To compare: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLwN5VwGKRM

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

He's Pegasus the younger and I'm cool with that :colbert:

Also you all can resume the egao count now.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jan 26, 2016

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

The wave of ex-policemen makes me extra happy, like yeah, a few dozen people got the exact same poo poo as 227 got, so even if you graduate card game police academy you could still get sent to the bitcoin mines and suffer worse than when you were just a commons. :allears:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I AM COOL WITH THIS. :swoon:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Is Yuya's va voicing all 4 Yuyafaces?

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Baal posted:

Is Yuya's va voicing all 4 Yuyafaces?

He hasn't said, but probably. He's definitely voicing Yuri, though. And Yuzu is voicing Celina/Selena.

I think they missed an opportunity to have them sound exactly the same. That would be a better explanation for all the confusion instead of "their faces kind of look alike." I showed some Arc-V episodes to my 8-year-old cousins and even they didn't buy that poo poo.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Goddamn Kurosaki is a one man army

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
e: lol i'm dumb

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Yuri's Dragon :stare:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

It looked cooler as a silhouette.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Joeri Weeeler

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.

Ute Muto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

I loving love that Sergey has changed his deck to what is basically an updated version of Earthbound Immortals. :swoon: