Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

BaDandy posted:

I mean, so far, as the story progressed, Giorno noticing tiny little details and being able to deduce what was going on, or at least come to a logical conclusion, felt like it was supposed to be a source of group tension at first? Like in Soft Machine, when Abbacchio's incredulous about Giorno trying to figure things out and Buccellati's being like "shut the gently caress up and let him talk" probably made suspicion worse. Like, why is Buccellati so invested and trusting of this new guy, right? The turning point for Abbaccio is the Illuso fight, where Giorno slaps together a vaccine based on a guess, then from Grateful Dead onward people start seeing him as this canary in the coal mine because he notices things first, he never really "shuts off" (he wakes up from a nap and less than a minute later he's noticing things that are off at the beginning of Grateful Dead), and it doesn't hurt that he's incredibly well read. Giorno looks mildly uncomfortable and Fugo's immediately like "WHAT'S WRONG GIORNO, WHAT DO YOUR ELF EYES SEE" and I feel like this is supposed to be the buildup for everyone gaining trust in him as the leader. And it isn't as if other Joestars haven't done that kind of thinking and problem solving before (Joseph and Jotaro are pretty good examples) so I really don't get where the "he magically knows everything" complaint comes from because sssoooo did other Joestars? The building block of the entire series is using your intelligence and improvisation to defeat your enemies? I don't see any real difference except that Giorno might be more well read/academic about it, but Joseph was referencing The Art of War and poo poo, so :colbert:

I suppose in the bad translations, Giorno did come across more like a plot device than as the protagonist of the story. I hope people will rethink their position after reading the new translation, because Giorno gets a lot of time to shine in the two upcoming battles. He is definitely a cool dude.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i like hirohiro araki presents the godfather quite a bit. that said, giorno is cool and all but is him being dio's kid going to ever be relevant again

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

alcharagia posted:

i like hirohiro araki presents the godfather quite a bit. that said, giorno is cool and all but is him being dio's kid going to ever be relevant again

i think once, and not in Part 5

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i'm still having a hard time believing dio brando actually left a woman alive long enough for her to have his child.

sex is muda though, so conceiving isn't a problem

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

alcharagia posted:

i'm still having a hard time believing dio brando actually left a woman alive long enough for her to have his child.

Yeah, that part doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, either.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
maybe he wanted a son that was even gayer than joseph so that he could beat jonathan in literally every category possible

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

alcharagia posted:

giorno doesn't feel like the protagonist

This is because Bruno is the protagonist.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Giorno's mother's survival makes perfect sense if you look at it logically, really.
If it gets out that anyone who goes back to his house isn't seen again, he'll have people sniffing around and people aren't going back to his house. He's trying to not make a huge racket to evade being found by the Speedwagon foundation and Joseph.

"Hundreds of women found dead with bite marks/drained of blood" is newsworthy poo poo. People would remember "Hey, didn't she go back to that guy who looks like a banana's house? I think she did too? And her..."

Keep the same couple of women around for sex/feeding and you're going to go through less of them and kick up less of a fuss. Giorno's mother just got away + back to Japan before she was killed and he didn't give enough of a gently caress to have her tracked down and killed.

DIO: Leader of a sex slavery ring. That's a lot more deep thought than ever intended about it though.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
giorno is basically the less cool kakyoin of this group. rero rero > the ear thing.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
granted that is a pretty high bar to clear though

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kakyoin does strike me as a piss drinker.
Definitely had a mountain of piss bottles in his room because he didn't want to get up and piss while playing Oh! That's a Baseball! '88 and F-Mega.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
*breahtes heavily* you fucker... dont loving insult noriaki kakyoin..... DONT loving INSULT KAKYOIN.......

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
actually this post has led me to discover ova kakyoin's design and i cannot really explain why i find this so funny but his hair is sending me into laughing fits

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
teme wa ora wo... okoraseta...

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Follow the character designer for the OVA on twitter.
https://twitter.com/hayama11?lang=en

He quite often tweets some new JoJo art in his style, though bear in mind he may occasionally tweet art from parts you're not up to.

So pretty

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Jan 27, 2016

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
People have edited out Kakyoin's lil hair noodle and it makes him look awful. The hair noodle really ties him all together

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Kakyoin is given even less to do in the OVA but i confess that I like his last stand there quite a bit and even the road filter-less final fight with Dio is pretty good.

E: i think I've said it here before but also: I saw the OVA first out of everything. That was my JoJo intro.

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Giorno's mother's survival makes perfect sense if you look at it logically, really.
If it gets out that anyone who goes back to his house isn't seen again, he'll have people sniffing around and people aren't going back to his house. He's trying to not make a huge racket to evade being found by the Speedwagon foundation and Joseph.

"Hundreds of women found dead with bite marks/drained of blood" is newsworthy poo poo. People would remember "Hey, didn't she go back to that guy who looks like a banana's house? I think she did too? And her..."

Keep the same couple of women around for sex/feeding and you're going to go through less of them and kick up less of a fuss. Giorno's mother just got away + back to Japan before she was killed and he didn't give enough of a gently caress to have her tracked down and killed.

DIO: Leader of a sex slavery ring. That's a lot more deep thought than ever intended about it though.

Sometimes I honest to God wonder how Giono found out that DIO died. Either his mom found out or he bought information or something. Maybe she even left on kind of civil terms?

DIO's a fickle enough guy to not feel like killing someone (or leaving them alive plays into his "I AM THE ONE TO DECIDE WHO LIVES AND DIES" thing) so maybe all she had to say was "I'm pregnant," for DIO to be like "haha i am not dealing with this!" and send her on her way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I think that conversation would end very poorly for the preggo lady. Probably best to assume Giorno's mother saw DIO kill a woman and then did a runner and figured out she was pregnant later on.

It's probably best to not think about how Gio has a pic of DIO with poster text on it and such. He just does, I guess.

That or you get one every time DIO bangs you as a prize and his mother gave it to him?
"Collect the full set! Your prize is being murdered!"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
After Part 6 i just assumed DIO went "hm, if i make those baby things then in two decades ill have more stand users at my disposal. Thatll probably help while im king of the world, gently caress raising children in my bachelor mmansion tho." And just let women escape, most kids ended up in Florida but Giorno got to be a kakyoin for Brunom

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I never found it too difficult to believe Dio would leave one of his women alive. He does what he wants, whatever strikes his fancy. Dude sees most women as objects (and really most men, long as we're on the subject), but maybe Giorno's mother was somehow different to him. Even way back in Part 1 when he was the incarnation of all evil he still had a bit of a soft spot for his mother. Of course he also hated his father, so when he finds out he's got an illegitimate son, while he has no intention of being a father, he decides he at least wants Giorno to know where he comes from.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool
is it top kak time

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
TFW your mates still call you Cherry Boy.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yo, imma blob posted:

is it top kak time

This kind of Kakyoin is most certainly appreciable.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Yeah, I can see this one happening.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Yo, imma blob posted:

is it top kak time

I refuse to believe Kakyoin is Plutonis

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Yo, imma blob posted:

is it top kak time

Man Kakyoin is cool

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Yo, imma blob posted:

is it top kak time

It's always top kak time.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

the gamer image is only really missing his piss bottles and it'd be canon.

Yo, imma blob
Apr 29, 2007

have you any wool

alcharagia posted:

It's always top kak time.

m'lady

bonus

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Yo, imma blob posted:

is it top kak time

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

alcharagia posted:

maybe he wanted a son that was even gayer than joseph so that he could beat jonathan in literally every category possible

:eng101: Jonathan's son was George II, who was... remarkably straight for a jojos, even as a side character, so Dio wins again.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
I think I have a new favourite tumblr

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

That one and jojosbizarretextposts are generally fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaDandy
Apr 3, 2013

"This taste...

is the taste of a liar!"
I hate that this could be a legitimate reason for DIO leaving women alive. Goddammit. gently caress. :colbert: