Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

DarciisFyer posted:

Blade Master, well, most classes' PvE only really shine in boss battles, since anything else dies too fast (especially since we're leveling with overtuned weapons). Against high-hp targets, you have to use every source of chi regen and iframes you can muster to just constantly use Honed Slash without pause.

Example: late floor tower of mushin https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkPa8n8TWhs&t=1431s

:eyepop: Well that's something. Can...you even do that while lagging? o.O Looks like it requires a really good connection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amnomia
Jun 12, 2003

Eimi posted:

:eyepop: Well that's something. Can...you even do that while lagging? o.O Looks like it requires a really good connection.

amy???

Ruggan
Feb 20, 2007
WHAT THAT SMELL LIKE?!

Who do I talk to in order to join the main guild in Mushin? I'm up to 25 and it's a ronery experience so far.

Character name is Heavy Breathing.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Stalins Moustache posted:

How do I acess currency exchange? Faction chat is being spammed by goldsellers, and the clan I'm in doesn't respond :(

It's not in yet. They're holding off on it until a while after launch to give the economy time to get settled.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Does anyone know where this outfit drops? It's the one the default female jin kfm is wearing.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Hy_C posted:

Does anyone know where this outfit drops? It's the one the default female jin kfm is wearing.

I think you can hit F3 and preview every outfit in the game. Pretty sure they tell you on them where they are gotten from

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Skwee posted:

I think you can hit F3 and preview every outfit in the game. Pretty sure they tell you on them where they are gotten from

There's plenty of outfits that aren't in the wardrobe list that are in the game. Like Dura's outfit, No Worries, the Blackram General, the later jiangshi outfit.

Skwee
Apr 29, 2010

たべる つくる
つくる たべる
たべる つくる
ふたり ドゥビドゥバ

Potsticker posted:

There's plenty of outfits that aren't in the wardrobe list that are in the game. Like Dura's outfit, No Worries, the Blackram General, the later jiangshi outfit.

Ah, I didn't know. Thanks for lettin me know.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Skwee posted:

Ah, I didn't know. Thanks for lettin me know.

No prob. It's kind of a pain because the first assumption is that they removed stuff, but now it's like-- is the white version of First Step still around? The f3 menu also has things in the wrong sections, like I think it's the Deva outfit not in the Cinderlands section where you actually get it.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I checked the wardrobe list and didn't see it there, was hoping either I overlooked it or someone knew what it was.

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

Could try browsing through http://bns-fashion.com/ and see if you can find it there.

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010
Is chaining RMB/F on a Sin viable at all in PvP? I assume it all boils down to preferred playstyle but many of the Sins I'm seeing on streams and such just use Web heavily to reset fights and play safe. All I've done so far PvP wise is just a few practice matches against friends (des and sum) where I got thoroughly destroyed, but that was before I learned that there was no GCD on those two spells.

9foxtails
Jan 13, 2016

Eimi posted:

The only deaths I have had so far is due to lag. Generally when everything stops moving, I know I will be dead once the rubber band snaps back.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Soul Shields can have bonus stats on them? well gently caress me

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I finally gave this game a proper try today. Man...these controls are weird. Guess that's sort of to be expected with an MMO fighting game.

I want to like it, though. What feels most unnatural is using a keyboard to do this. I want to try using a gamepad instead, but I'm afraid that excessive numbers of abilities needed is going to make that unlikely to work at higher levels. Has anyone else tried it with a gamepad, and can comment about how higher-level play using one feels?

My class is Blademaster, if that makes much difference. Seems like if I'd gone Kung Fu, I'd be really boned.

e. oh yeah, is there a way to turn on original Korean voices or something? I can't stand how the English VAs in this thing sound.

Mazed fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Jan 27, 2016

jaffyjaffy
Sep 27, 2010

Mazed posted:

oh yeah, is there a way to turn on original Korean voices or something? I can't stand how the English VAs in this thing sound.

Apparently they are adding a voice language drop down in a later patch, but there are work arounds out there to get them back in right now.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Right now the easiest way to get the voices from another version is to download them (google will help you here), make a folder in NCSOFT/BnS/contents/Local/NCWEST/ENGLISH/CookedPC, and dump the files in that folder. The upside of this is that you don't have to finagle around with any scripts to skip the launcher, or moving a bunch of files around after the launcher runs. The downside is that you will have to click 358 dialog boxes each time you start the game (I recommend just hammering the enter key like someone trying to win a lovely Mario Party minigame).
For whatever reason, the launcher doesn't care about the extra files, but the game itself will look in any subdirectory and go "oh, there are files in here with the same name as the ones in the parent directory", and then proceed to use the ones it found in the subdirectory (after giving you an error message).

Now, I have a question. The hongmoon weapon, at least after some upgrading (I can't remember if it has this from the start), has a couple of "Trigger" effects on it. Is this just a random proc from any attack? It seems like it would have a low activation rate if so since mine is up to "Triggers 70% Focus recovery" which seems ridiculous on paper.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The profane weapons proc a effect that recovers % focus every few seconds and ends with a big focus gain last tick.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I ran the 4 man Blackram Supply Chain today with a pug and it did not go too well. We ended up wiping a couple times on the chef and the group broke apart. Before that it was fairly easy without any death. Things hit really hard in the 4 man and if you miss a dodge you will most likely lose 80% of your hp, if not die instantly. Chef Tae Jangum's poison ticks do a lot of damage in the 4 man version. I will try again another day and hopefully it'll go better.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
re: destroyers spinning

i spent a good amount of time going through summoner skills trying to figure out what stops the spin; i would assume tripping does, but is there anything else that can? the one match i had against one today i had bombs instead of normal trip, so its a two-step activation (and my cat got locked up before i could pop it)

e: nvm its better to just evade out, counter, and hit him with focus damage to prevent him from spinning

boy are my arms tired fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 27, 2016

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Just hit 20 on my destroyer and wow, every complaint I had about them has melted away. I am tanky as hell, soloing wu Jen and dura and all that super easily, I am able to combo down a single mob before it can make an attack with grab, or just spam eradicate from rmb and kill a whole group before my focus runs out.

Thanks for giving advice :)

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Slowpoke! posted:

What is the Old Man Cho guild? I rolled on there and might end up playing this a bit.

Same. Name? You can find my by the same one here.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
So I would mind some more info on what do with all the drops I get. I have been upgrading me weapons and accessories up to breakthrough, and gotten the items for them. Where I am now is I need to progress more in the game to get to the areas for the items I need. I was doing some farming for cosmetic purposes and what can I do with the purple weapons and stuff I don't need since you can't trade them? What about the other things that aren't for breakthroughs? Just keep them around for upgrade fodder later on? Same with the soul shields too. I got most of the ones I am using now that is the suggested best for my level, all with crit upgrades. I didn't really want to waste anything that I have.

So far I have enjoyed this game a lot, even more so since it's actually free. Hit about level 26 or so as an assassin and I haven't had to many issues. I know I am not the best at doing my thing but I have not had any issues so far. Any advice or tips for this point forward is much appreciated.

Edit: As an aside I couldn't join the goon servers because I didn't want to deal with wait times so I joined the newer server. Omnyung or something? No waits there and I am glad I just did that so I could actually play the game.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know

Teaches of Peaches posted:

So I would mind some more info on what do with all the drops I get. I have been upgrading me weapons and accessories up to breakthrough, and gotten the items for them. Where I am now is I need to progress more in the game to get to the areas for the items I need. I was doing some farming for cosmetic purposes and what can I do with the purple weapons and stuff I don't need since you can't trade them? What about the other things that aren't for breakthroughs? Just keep them around for upgrade fodder later on? Same with the soul shields too. I got most of the ones I am using now that is the suggested best for my level, all with crit upgrades. I didn't really want to waste anything that I have.

So far I have enjoyed this game a lot, even more so since it's actually free. Hit about level 26 or so as an assassin and I haven't had to many issues. I know I am not the best at doing my thing but I have not had any issues so far. Any advice or tips for this point forward is much appreciated.

Edit: As an aside I couldn't join the goon servers because I didn't want to deal with wait times so I joined the newer server. Omnyung or something? No waits there and I am glad I just did that so I could actually play the game.

The extra purple weapon/accessories you have can be fed to give really big bonuses to exp. Basically anything that doesn't say breakthrough material can be fed to your hongmoon stuff. Soul shields can be salvaged for dust. You will be using those dust to upgrade your high level soul shields so it doesn't hurt to get some early. You should save some of the green exp gems from survey as they continue to give lots of exp at high levels and cost almost nothing to feed so it saves a lot money later on when each item costs 7-8s to feed.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

Any other Old Man Cho guys who want to start a clan?

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012

Eimi posted:

Is there anything more to Blade Master than just blocking and wait to drop all your focus in Draw Stance on Honed Slash? That's the basic gameplay beat I've been following, and while effective it's...boring. I'm using the leveling build this guy put together http://the-unknowns.eu/index.php/Thread/433-Blizzia-s-Blade-Master-Guide-for-Beginners/ so if there's something better or something I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it.

I mean at this point I'm enjoying the terrible anime story more than the gameplay. :v:

At least I have some direction on how to build my Blade Master now, for PVE at 45 at least. I'm currently using probably the most terrible build you can think of as a Blade Master - it literally has no points in Draw Stance at all and only works properly if I stayed in Basic Stance at all times. Why, I even had Singing Lark and Divebomb specced! Also had points in Block to go down to getting Shield Shroud, although I rarely used it if at all because of the 45 second cooldown on it. Essentially, it was a really strange build that focused heavily on HP drain/recovery and focus recovery, which I suppose let me save up a lot of HP pots and dumplings because I could simply heal myself by poking something and then block everything at the cost of some dungeons taking forever to clear.

This worked out until Poharan, because the build only allows me to tank if I ever get Cyclone off (and even then it wasn't strong enough to overcome aggro from other classes due to its long cooldown) and she deals too much unblockable damage to regen myself back fast enough. Draw Stance had always been obvious as to the path I should be, PVP or PVE, but I couldn't work out what sort of combo I should be doing on it to make it efficient.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

At this rate I think I'm going to hit max level before getting the right blight weapon to drop.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Holy poo poo I just beat a gold summoner, I'm the best player in the world

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

That reminds me I got totally timer scammed by a gold force master the other day. We were 1-1 and then she switched to some really annoying build that did very little damage but kept me locked up very efficiently, even with me spinning out of all the roots and such. If she had been using that build from the start I could've counter-specced it but oh well.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

slev posted:

At this rate I think I'm going to hit max level before getting the right blight weapon to drop.

This is me, for the corrupted version.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

This game seems pretty fun so far. In on Mushin as Lon Face.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Krilion posted:

Any other Old Man Cho guys who want to start a clan?

There's still 10 spots in GoonTang Forever last I looked, don't need a spillover guild yet.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Holla at people trying Blade Master and finding it a little dry: It gets like ten times cooler when you get the Iajutsu stance and the amazing dodge at around level 15. Not amazing in the sense of being overpowered but amazing in that it looks straight out of Metal Gear Rising.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Pierson posted:

Holla at people trying Blade Master and finding it a little dry: It gets like ten times cooler when you get the Iajutsu stance and the amazing dodge at around level 15. Not amazing in the sense of being overpowered but amazing in that it looks straight out of Metal Gear Rising.

One thing I don't get about the BM is the Flock of Swords stance. It seems good for groups, but the cooldown is so long that you can't really use it every group.

I tried it for a while (I'm around 33 at this point) but I eventually just specced back into being in Draw stance as much as possible for all the damage forever. Flash Stepping on crits and Five Point Finger strike when I need focus back so I can just keep Drawing forever.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I'm not that far yet but just having an alternative to 'block > rmb > rmb' for killing single mobs was enough to make the class way more fun.

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014
if anyone wants to have fun, try setting smooth camera movement to 4 in settings

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

So far it seems like around level 20 is when each class has the majority of their toolset and you should know if you're going to like continuing to play it. Unfortunately level 15 is when it goes from 5mins to delete a character to 7 days.

Krilion
Nov 24, 2015

DemonMage posted:

There's still 10 spots in GoonTang Forever last I looked, don't need a spillover guild yet.

I didn't even know there was one until now. What faction?

Krilion in game

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Where do I go to make a guild on the Eastern Continent? Really don't want to pay to go back to the Cinderlands.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Yeah not sure why it's not in the OP, it's been there forever. Red Side. Yurifel and Black Daimyonite are inviters.

• Locked thread