Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Rune Factory has a more modern anime style and Harvest Moon seems to cling to a sort of 'classic' anime style, with softer edges and less hard angles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
both harvest moon and rune factory have different styles that fit their different tone and atmosphere that are both very influenced by standard japanese art and animation in different ways, and they're both cute as heck.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Countblanc posted:

it'd be like me saying looney toons isn't western art because it doesn't have all the trappings of ugly Flash-animated cartoons like incredibly thick outlines and solid colors that most modern western cartoons have.
:yeah:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Harvest Moon is about 2-3 animes, while Rune Factory is at least 6 maybe even 7 animes and my personal tolerance for animes is an inflexible 4 animes. Stardew Valley looks to be about 1.5 animes, but I have concerns that the interactions with other characters will be at 5 animes when ideally I'd want it at a much lower level.

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

Anime is Cartoons

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

Anime aside, does anyone have any update on how anime good World's Dawn is?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im glad of a Stardew Valley announcement
im glad of anime
and im glad of trying World's Dawn out in an hour or so

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its not really for me, it just don't really control very well and the people in the towns are kind of boring

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Ghostlight posted:

Harvest Moon is about 2-3 animes, while Rune Factory is at least 6 maybe even 7 animes and my personal tolerance for animes is an inflexible 4 animes. Stardew Valley looks to be about 1.5 animes, but I have concerns that the interactions with other characters will be at 5 animes when ideally I'd want it at a much lower level.

I am going to start providing my employees with reviews that rate their performance using animes as the metric. I will follow that up with a variation of six sigma using measurable animes complete with flow charts and histograms.

My goal will be for this new system to be just as useful as the old system. I like to keep my bars low so I can reach them easily.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

That Japanese Game From Japan You Like Is Totally Anime, What You Like Is Anime

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

The protag in RF3 is the most effeminate I have ever seen a male character who wasn't literally crossdressing.

I am not passing judgment on this, just reporting.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

The protag in RF3 is the most effeminate I have ever seen a male character who wasn't literally crossdressing.

yeah, it owns

LordSloth
Mar 7, 2008

Disgruntled (IT) Employee
I don't know, I have some vague memories of FFIV/V/VI concept and manual art by ole Amano

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

quit gettin mad about japanimation games

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Xavier434 posted:

I am going to start providing my employees with reviews that rate their performance using animes as the metric. I will follow that up with a variation of six sigma using measurable animes complete with flow charts and histograms.

My goal will be for this new system to be just as useful as the old system. I like to keep my bars low so I can reach them easily.
Unfortunately over the last year you failed to achieve the target of 35 chargeable animes per week, and additionally your customer handling is at 5.2 animes per million ops, so I have to decline your request for a pay rise. You're going to have to really raise your DMAICs this anime.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
You know what I hope is good, with or without anime? This game :)

Chump Farts
May 9, 2009

There is no Coordinator but Narduzzi, and Shilique is his Prophet.
Rune Factory 3 and 4 are extremely good poo poo.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

quit gettin mad about japanimation games

No! Somebody has to do something! I'm the only person on the Internet who's not afraid to bitch about anime! Me! I'm the hero! I'm like Paul Revere, riding through the countryside! The animes are coming! The animes are coming! How would you know that anime is bad, if I didn't tell you every time the opportunity vaguely presents itself!? You wouldn't! Look at that big sweat drop on that character! That is soooooo loving anime, and it makes me so loving angry!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

well he's a sheep

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
I enjoyed the representation in Rune Factory 3, it's so rare to see us welsh mentioned in the media.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

Someone insult anime? Not on my goddamn watch *slaps giant red VEGETA button*

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Anime is very good

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

RentACop posted:

Someone insult anime? Not on my goddamn watch *slaps giant red VEGETA button*
Quit waking me up for this.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Bad Seafood posted:

Well what else is a rent a cop supposed to do

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Bad Seafood posted:

Lol

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

A dream of animes interrupted.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

A dream of animes interrupted.

a shameful dream

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

Bad Seafood posted:

please save animes

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Eonwe posted:

its not really for me, it just don't really control very well and the people in the towns are kind of boring

i saw this picture

and i could tell right off it probably played like a chunky piece of poo poo. part of the thrill of harvest moon is running through your crops with a dangerous tool out with the tension of accidentally chopping down your level 9 potatoes hanging in your spine because there isn't a confirmation box to be seen.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

please save animes
Done.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Anime is filth, animeism is disease, seek help.

Rrussom
May 13, 2009
I wish more games featured women turning into toilets. I want toilet transformers.
Anime is Blood

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
girl on left prolly less annoying than most rune factory bachelorettes

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Puistokemisti posted:

Anime is filth, animeism is disease, seek help.
I've urgently paged Bad Seafood to wake up and shut down your hate speech ok.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

People who do the nyan~ thing IRL should be avoided like the plague so his post balances out in the end.

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Clitch posted:

No! Somebody has to do something! I'm the only person on the Internet who's not afraid to bitch about anime! Me! I'm the hero! I'm like Paul Revere, riding through the countryside! The animes are coming! The animes are coming! How would you know that anime is bad, if I didn't tell you every time the opportunity vaguely presents itself!? You wouldn't! Look at that big sweat drop on that character! That is soooooo loving anime, and it makes me so loving angry!

You are doing God's work.

Bamford Brownstone
Jul 21, 2010

Rrussom posted:

Anime is Blood

Everyone needs it in order to live and seeing it makes some people very uncomfortable?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Bamford Brownstone posted:

Everyone needs it in order to live and seeing it makes some people very uncomfortable?

Also it shoots out your nose when you get an erection.

Sage Grimm
Feb 18, 2013

Let's go explorin' little dude!
Conversely, Blood is (an) Anime. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
I'm glad Harvest Moon-like is becoming a genre; I can think of three games in development that belong to it, including this one. I always wanted to make one, but my game development skills are RPG Maker-level.