Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It would be super lame if they brought the Sovereign back. Though I could see it happening, someone saying "But he turned into an eagle and that eagle was shot." Then 21 says "Sometimes an eagle is just an eagle."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Dunno, the official catchup video (narrated by 21) seemed to say rather conclusively that he's dead.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.
Also, nobody knows the Sovereign is dead. Dr. Mrs. the Monarch was the last person to see him alive, and OSI has no idea that the eagle Headshot accidentally killed was anything other than an eagle.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Pope Guilty posted:

Also, nobody knows the Sovereign is dead. Dr. Mrs. the Monarch was the last person to see him alive, and OSI has no idea that the eagle Headshot accidentally killed was anything other than an eagle.

That 'catching up' video kind of confirmed that the eagle that was shot *was* The faux-Bowie Sovereign. That being said, he was evidently immune to Phantom Limb's 'killing touch,' but it seemed he could only do that by changing forms. Still, he's very likely almost certainly dead.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cojawfee posted:

It would be super lame if they brought the Sovereign back. Though I could see it happening, someone saying "But he turned into an eagle and that eagle was shot." Then 21 says "Sometimes an eagle is just an eagle."

it would be lame but i see no reason why they would bring the soverign back. they conclusively killed 24 after not really bringing him back and he actually was a character who had funny scenes. the soverign is just a dude who filled the GCI throne and now apparently that's soverign dr. ms. the monarch

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

That 'catching up' video kind of confirmed that the eagle that was shot *was* The faux-Bowie Sovereign. That being said, he was evidently immune to Phantom Limb's 'killing touch,' but it seemed he could only do that by changing forms. Still, he's very likely almost certainly dead.

That's what I'm saying- the Sovereign is dead, just nobody in the Ventureverse knows about it.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Pope Guilty posted:

That's what I'm saying- the Sovereign is dead, just nobody in the Ventureverse knows about it.

Would be cool if they treat it like an ever looming threat. Or boring

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I do have to admit I'm kind of interested in how Watch and Ward are going to respond to being treated *well*. Dr. Mrs. The Sovereign Monarch is probably going to treat them like oversized Moppets/Pupae.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?

Pope Guilty posted:

Or care about it he'll just be forgotten fits with the theme of the show a character that was important just fading into obscurity. I like it.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Phantom Limb was never even implied to be dead, just that he lost invisible body parts.

They wouldn't bring back the sovereign because obviously they wouldn't and I know how how anyone can think they would, have you not watched the show? Do you not understand writing?

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

ultramiraculous posted:

So this is most extremely abused in Phantom Limb's case, which was "there were parts of a body touched by The Alchemist, but we couldn't see them"?

we know for a fact that he lost his limbs from when he breaks out of guild jail. Al was probably just feeling up his dismembered leg or something

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I do have to admit I'm kind of interested in how Watch and Ward are going to respond to being treated *well*. Dr. Mrs. The Sovereign Monarch is probably going to treat them like oversized Moppets/Pupae.

The Sovereign didn't seem particularly cruel to them, did he?

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

The Sovereign was trying to escape from the mess he'd created anyway, so even if he was alive, why would he ever turn up again?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

I hope they just have a slightly more higher up position that still requires them to be in a control room being snippy with each other. The fridge is just slightly bigger and the iPods are newer models.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Machai posted:

we know for a fact that he lost his limbs from when he breaks out of guild jail. Al was probably just feeling up his dismembered leg or something

It's his invisible dick.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's his invisible dick.

When Limb was attached to the machine that gave him powers, they never showed a penis-augmentation to match the arm and leg augments.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

prefect posted:

When Limb was attached to the machine that gave him powers, they never showed a penis-augmentation to match the arm and leg augments.

I know but it doesn't really matter that's what the joke was. Al picked it up and said "hey did anyone lose an invisible..." Squeeze squeeze "oh I'm keeping this" and he slides it up his sleeve.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Mr. Nice! posted:

I know but it doesn't really matter that's what the joke was. Al picked it up and said "hey did anyone lose an invisible..." Squeeze squeeze "oh I'm keeping this" and he slides it up his sleeve.

I know; I'm just imagining the ridiculousness of the scene if they'd included an electro-wang device.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

prefect posted:

I know; I'm just imagining the ridiculousness of the scene if they'd included an electro-wang device.

I bet that's a mod that Hamilton made on his own after.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

It's his invisible dick.

Mr. Nice! posted:

That doesn't mean that the joke was it was his dick. It could have been the invisible arm that Phantom Limb had to have Dr. Impossible regenerate. Fake Rubber Fists are a thing.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

That doesn't mean that the joke was it was his dick. It could have been the invisible arm that Phantom Limb had to have Dr. Impossible regenerate. Fake Rubber Fists are a thing.

But it's funnier as a dick joke?

I seriously regret not getting an OSI shirt. I would have worn the hell out of it.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Dazerbeams posted:

But it's funnier as a dick joke?

prefect posted:

I mean, it's fine if you think it was Phantom Limb's dick, but that interpretation doesn't jive with any of the other information we've received about Phantom Limb in the show.

Pepe Silvia Browne fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jan 27, 2016

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Al is a tiny guy. He's not slipping an arm or leg that's bigger than his own into his sleeve. Also at that point they hadn't fleshed out his back story and he was just dude with invisible limbs.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
"At that point" is regardless. They've fleshed it out now and I'm not going to ignore all of it just to make a joke work. If, in the three seasons since that episode, they've mentioned Phantom Limb having an invisible dick or losing an invisible dick or Al having an invisible dick, that would be confirmation of what you're saying. They haven't. They HAVE made the fact that Phantom Limb had to reach out to Dr. Impossible to regrow his missing Arm and Leg part of the show.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
:lol: dude chill it's just a dick joke continuity isn't that important.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

:lol: dude chill it's just a dick joke continuity isn't that important.

Yes, continuity is important. I don't doubt that it was originally written as a dick joke, but within the context of the series, Al picking up Phantom Limb's fist makes much more sense.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.
Probably not going to do the shirt club this time. The first time around I didn't have a lot of money so just got a couple, and the last time I went whole hog but don't care for, like, half of them. Mostly I hate wearing/don't look good in black shirts, so I've barely worn the Shallow Gravy, Council of 13, and Pelaemon Project ones. And wasn't the bonus shirt black? Something like a Henchman Convention?

I love the OSI shirt, though. Nice color and drat comfy from being just the right level of cotton/poly mix. Someone earlier said they now use it as a gym shirt, and so do I!

And the Destiny shirt is weird to wear in public...like, try explaining that no, it's not a cartoon lady in sexy form-fitting armor, it's a cartoon teenage boy wearing a cartoon woman's sexy, form-fitting armor.

And my U.R.G.H. shirt got a huge hole in the armpit after, like, the 3rd time I wore it. :(

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Does anyone have their Autism to English dictionary handy?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Yes, continuity is important. I don't doubt that it was originally written as a dick joke, but within the context of the series, Al picking up Phantom Limb's fist makes much more sense.

Yeah but, it was his dick.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...

An arm doesn't flop like whatever Al was flopping in his hands. I mean it's fine if you think it's an arm but that doesn't jive with any of the other information we've received about how the invisible thing flopped.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now debate if Smurfs lay eggs or if they are mammals.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

:lol: You're sperging about a show with shapeshifting not-Bowie, clone boys, dog hitler and an Orb superweapon that the creators never had a idea on what it does so they just winged it and said it produced the brown noise.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

SeanBeansShako posted:

Papa Smurf has a BEARD!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

SeanBeansShako posted:

Dazerbeams posted:

Papa Smurf has a BEARD!

There's one female servicing a large group of males! That implies a species that lays eggs!

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Smurfs reproduce by budding.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I still kind of hope 21 gets a chunky dorky foil himself at some point, or just hangs out with Monarch more for some more of that dorky back and forth snark.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

:lol: You're sperging about a show with shapeshifting not-Bowie, clone boys, dog hitler and an Orb superweapon that the creators never had a idea on what it does so they just winged it and said it produced the brown noise.

I'm pointing out that in that show with a shapeshifting not-Bowie, clone boys, and dog Hitler, there was a scene where Phantom Limb put his limbs in muscle growth accelerators and gave himself invisible arms and legs. There is not a scene in this show where he puts his dick in a muscle growth accelerator and gives himself an invisible dick. That does not happen on screen during this show.

EDIT: And I'm really not sure why that is such controversial information :lol:

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

I'm pointing out that in that show with a shapeshifting not-Bowie, clone boys, and dog Hitler, there was a scene where Phantom Limb put his limbs in muscle growth accelerators and gave himself invisible arms and legs. There is not a scene in this show where he puts his dick in a muscle growth accelerator and gives himself an invisible dick. That does not happen on screen during this show.

EDIT: And I'm really not sure why that is such controversial information :lol:

The joke was that it was his dick. I'm not really sure why this can't break through your autism.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Cojawfee posted:

The joke was that it was his dick. I'm not really sure why this can't break through your autism.

"I don't doubt that it was originally written as a dick joke"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

What guy wouldn't give his dick electrical invisibility powers if they could? Phantom Limb perfected his growth accelerator machine off screen and gave himself another upgrade.