Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice

The apple apparently didn't fall far from the shithead tree.

http://deadspin.com/radio-dummy-on-female-nfl-coach-theres-no-place-for-a-1754257086

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
What's Riley upset about? AJ debuting?

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

He tweeted that around the time he had his match with Jericho.

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
Isn't Alex Riley's dad being this famous broadcaster what prompted them to put him at the announce desk in the first place? So he's an rear end in a top hat as well, what're the odds?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

https://twitter.com/StardustWWE/status/692095020250308609

https://twitter.com/MEnnising/status/692095242640711680

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Sasha retweeted this and it's great

https://twitter.com/repalec/status/692128333602119681

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Atticus Finch posted:

What's Riley upset about? AJ debuting?

Yeah, it's obvious in the context of the response that his tweet was about AJ but it seemed like he was replying to something specific? He doesn't actually mention AJ in the tweet at all so I figure there has to be some other tweet/response etc giving the context that allowed people to kick off the responses, right? Like did somebody post,"Wow AJ is great!" and he replied,"U honestly have to be kidding me?'?!" ?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, it's obvious in the context of the response that his tweet was about AJ but it seemed like he was replying to something specific? He doesn't actually mention AJ in the tweet at all so I figure there has to be some other tweet/response etc giving the context that allowed people to kick off the responses, right? Like did somebody post,"Wow AJ is great!" and he replied,"U honestly have to be kidding me?'?!" ?

it was literally tweeted during AJ's match, specifically when he won

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I like that his previous tweet was kissing Vince McMahon's rear end.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

KungFu Grip posted:

Maybe he was super pumped and happy for AJ and just couldn't believe it.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I love the damning by faint praise response from the dude saying he was 1 of the 3 people in Alex's autograph line at Summerslam.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

KungFu Grip posted:

Ahh okay, that makes sense then. Thanks.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Alex Riley is working the smarks.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Hey, go easy on him, guys, he's had a lot of new responsibilities since he started mentoring Josh.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I had no clue Joe vs. Okada ever happened. I'm actually surprised a NJPW young boy who was doing gently caress all in TNA was as prominently featured as he was.

Also, as I've never been much of a TNA watcher I forgot all about the Bucks' name there until I saw this.

Edit: :lol: Jon Moxley was there and didn't even merit a picture

Thauros fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 27, 2016

Qoey
Jun 2, 2014

Thauros posted:

I had no clue Joe vs. Okada ever happened. I'm actually surprised a NJPW young boy who was doing gently caress all in TNA was as prominently featured as he was.

Also, as I've never been much of a TNA watcher I forgot all about the Bucks' name there until I saw this.

These guys have come so far! And Teddy... Teddy was there, too1

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Thauros posted:

rovert hates this card

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
Rusev's answering a bunch of questions on Twitter right now and it's amazing. His favorite moment in the WWE is when he read lies posted by Dave Meltzer (who he actually tagged).

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Thauros posted:

i wonder who all made the show.

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

http://www.cagematch.net/?id=1&nr=47397 posted:

Tag Team Match
The Garden State Gods (Corvis Fear & Myke Quest) defeat The Switchblade Conspiracy (Jon Moxley & Sami Callihan)

JAPW Light Heavyweight Title Insane Flight Fest Five Way Elimination Match
Bandido Jr. (c) defeats Egotistico Fantastico and Neeno Capone and Rich Swann and Sabian

Singles Match
Nick Gage defeats Drake Younger

JAPW New Jersey State Title Match
Charlie Haas defeats Devon Moore (c) (0:15) - TITLE CHANGE !!!

JAPW Tag Team Title Match
The Heavy Hitters (Havok & Monsta Mack) (c) defeat Un4given (B-Boy & Eddie Kingston)

Singles Match
Necro Butcher defeats Chris Dickinson

JAPW Women's Title Falls Count Anywhere Match
Sara Del Rey (c) defeats Hailey Hatred

Six Man Tag Team Match
Mia Yim & The South Side Playaz Club (Joe Hardway & Mo Sexton) defeat Annie Social & The Osirian Portal (Amasis & Ophidian)

Singles Match
Samoa Joe defeats Kazuchika Okada

Tag Team Match
The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson) defeat Jack Evans & Teddy Hart

JAPW Heavyweight Title Match
Dan Maff (c) defeats Brodie Lee

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Luke Harper was in a title match and couldn't even make the poster, lmao

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

keevo posted:

Rusev's answering a bunch of questions on Twitter right now and it's amazing. His favorite moment in the WWE is when he read lies posted by Dave Meltzer (who he actually tagged).
Apparently Lana does post on Rusev's Twitter

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
Yeah, rovert's making sure everybody knows that actually Lana does most of the posting.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

that is one Low Ki match away from being the most JAPW show of all time

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007
nevermind thats crowe callihan

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/RealPaigeWWE/status/692211036171177985?s=09

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

oatgan posted:

that is one Low Ki match away from being the most JAPW show of all time

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
She instadeleted this a few minutes ago:

Mystery Opponent
Sep 27, 2006

but u was a real nigga
i could sense it in u
i wish i was subtweeted by lana

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
I feel sorry for Lana...

And for Alex Riley.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

MacDougall posted:

And for Alex Riley.

I don't know whether to report you for trolling or being such a bad person that the mods make you a banable offense.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

rovert posted:

She instadeleted this a few minutes ago:

I'll take that and that photo of Paige as proof you never know.

maniacripper
May 3, 2009
STANNIS BURNS SHIREEN
HIZDAR IS THE HARPY
JON GETS STABBED TO DEATH
DANY FLIES OFF ON DROGON
Can someone explain the last Lana tweet to me like I'm a stupid idiot. Thank you.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

maniacripper posted:

Can someone explain the last Lana tweet to me like I'm a stupid idiot. Thank you.

She's loving Edge.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Well good for her

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

maniacripper posted:

"You all think you know that I have heat or something backstage, but I don't. It's better for you to keep talking about me and paying attention to me than ignoring me so I thank you anyway. Don't believe the scoopers."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Skinty McEdger posted:

"You all think you know that I have heat or something backstage, but I don't. It's better for you to keep talking about me and paying attention to me than ignoring me so I thank you anyway. Don't believe the scoopers."

There's got to be some kind of corporate mandate for talent to cast doubt upon THE RAGSHEETZ BROTHER, a lot of tweets seem to be doing it lately even if only indirectly

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Some of it is just ingrained politics. Like Foley even used to talk about it in his books, that everyone read the Observer but if they would deny it because those in positions of power didn't care for it (even when they read it themselves and were sources). The other side of the coin is that a lot of people are working through injuries at the moment and don't want to draw attention to it because of that fear of losing their spots in wrestlemania season, or in the case of Natayla because she's concerned about heat on her after having so much time off with Tyson. Then you have the really odd half denial ones like Orton's "I don't NEED neck surgery, they just said I should probably have it done."

Every now and then you get someone who breaks the party line like Cody.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

Skinty McEdger posted:

Some of it is just ingrained politics. Like Foley even used to talk about it in his books, that everyone read the Observer but if they would deny it because those in positions of power didn't care for it (even when they read it themselves and were sources). The other side of the coin is that a lot of people are working through injuries at the moment and don't want to draw attention to it because of that fear of losing their spots in wrestlemania season, or in the case of Natayla because she's concerned about heat on her after having so much time off with Tyson. Then you have the really odd half denial ones like Orton's "I don't NEED neck surgery, they just said I should probably have it done."

Every now and then you get someone who breaks the party line like Cody.

And look at where he's positioned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Not Odd
Nov 5, 2003

what a t e r r i b l e world

what a b e a u t i f u l world

Muddy Burphy posted:

And look at where he's positioned.

To be fair, he was very much positioned that way before thanking Dave for the obit on his father.