Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who do you want to win the Super Bowl
This poll is closed.
Manning 128 17.85%
Newton 384 53.56%
Meteor 83 11.58%
*snort* ahem, I won't be partaking in your SUPERB OWL, i will be watchin league and esports instead *snort* 122 17.02%
Total: 572 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

MechaFrogzilla posted:

Ah the glorious years of the Dog that Refreshes and Star Wars Intro walls of Ravens arguments.

Yeah 2016 is the first year that's ever felt really far along to me. Like, poo poo, we're in the second half of the 2010s already? That Sen. Craig bathroom stuff was like 10 years ago good lord.

2020 Is going to blow my mind, and resolving it against the future promised to me in Super Baseball 2020 will be hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I really wish the superbowl was this sunday instead of next

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I'm a little bit closer to actively liking the Broncos, rather than merely tolerating them because I live in Denver:

Somebody on the d-line (probably Von Miller let's be honest) tried to teabag Brady
Portajohn tipped over with Patriots fan inside

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

Bring back Larch

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
What even happened to Larch

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.

Ross Angeles posted:

No, but the last time the Broncos won the Superbowl, Peyton Manning led the league in interceptions.

:stare:

Jesus Christ. That's incredible. I was just able to legally drink when manning entered the league, and I'm turning 40 this year. Astounding to realize just how long that's been.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

No, but the last time the Broncos won the Superbowl, Peyton Manning led the league in interceptions.

:stare:

He didn't lead the league in interceptions this year but the last time the Broncos won is the only other time in Peyton's career where he's had more Interceptions than TDs.

:tinfoil:

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Intruder posted:

What even happened to Larch

He just left one day. As suddenly as he arrived, he was gone.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/35416932

P*yton M*nning

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

quote:

The NFL does not expect to reach a verdict before Manning's Denver side play the Carolina Panthers in the Super Bowl on 7 February.

brits talk weird

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ross Angeles posted:

brits talk weird

Nah, the BBC writers are just loving horrendous

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

It's because they try and use the same language they'd use to talk about soccer with football.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Payton Manning plays for the Denver Football Broncos, they are an American Football team in the National Football League of America,

From my understanding, Payton Manning is a Quarter Back, his job is to throw the "football" forwards, as opposed to backwards like you would do in rugby.

On Sunday, Payton Manning faced up against Tom "Touchdown" Brady of the New England Football Patriots FC.

According to noted NFL expert forum Something Awful, Tom "Touchdown" Brady is a "Bitch made cry baby who breaks the rules willy nilly to gain an advantage".

In two weeks, Payton Manning will face a black man supposedly playing the same position as him but for the Carolina Football Panthers in the Superbowl

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

CyberPingu posted:

Payton Manning plays for the Denver Football Broncos, they are an American Football team in the National Football League of America,

From my understanding, Payton Manning is a Quarter Back, his job is to throw the "football" forwards, as opposed to backwards like you would do in rugby.

On Sunday, Payton Manning faced up against Tom "Touchdown" Brady of the New England Football Patriots FC.

According to noted NFL expert forum Something Awful, Tom "Touchdown" Brady is a "Bitch made cry baby who breaks the rules willy nilly to gain an advantage".

In two weeks, Payton Manning will face a black man supposedly playing the same position as him but for the Carolina Football Panthers in the Superbowl

you say that like New York Football Giants isn't a thing

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Katana Gomai posted:

you say that like New York Football Giants isn't a thing

Everytime i hear that i can only think of the english commentator that used to ask Mike Carlson stupid loving questions on Channel 4 late night football...

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
New York Football Giants is the best gently caress off

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
remember Crimson Ghost's power rankings that had the 2-14 Jags at #1 through week twelve

Mel Mudkiper posted:

you're right, they are the best fuckoff.

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

NC-17 posted:

Oh so you hosed us then.

Gronk caught the 4th and goal?

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Noctone posted:

I'm a little bit closer to actively liking the Broncos, rather than merely tolerating them because I live in Denver:

Somebody on the d-line (probably Von Miller let's be honest) tried to teabag Brady
Portajohn tipped over with Patriots fan inside

::lol: Both of these are cool and good

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Why can't Mike Carlson commentate every game, forever

I miss NFL Europe since he got to host it before getting shoved onto Channel 4 at 1 in the morning

MikeCrotch fucked around with this message at 16:07 on Jan 27, 2016

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God
https://twitter.com/alexmarvez/status/691789108235112449?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

That's pretty cool.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Mel Mudkiper posted:

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

Oh thank ye master thank ye for this privilege. It slightly makes up for the fact that I'm getting paid in experience

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

sweet thursday posted:

Oh thank ye master thank ye for this privilege. It slightly makes up for the fact that I'm getting paid in experience

You would slave 1000 days in a furnace for the privilege of Tom Brady farting in your mouth so eat it

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Mel Mudkiper posted:

You would slave 1000 days in a furnace for the privilege of Tom Brady farting in your mouth so eat it

It's anti-climactic. Have you read about his diet? Organic Swiss chard farts are shameful farts.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

sweet thursday posted:

Everyone including the loving groundskeeper is getting flights, hotel and tickets for two, plus a ring + $10000 bonus if we win. Apparently a lot of teams did it, quit being a bitch.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Wait everyone gets a 10k bonus and a ring? Bullshit. Executives coaches and trainers yeah but nobody else

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

AAA DOLFAN posted:

Wait everyone gets a 10k bonus and a ring? Bullshit. Executives coaches and trainers yeah but nobody else

some1 is jelly

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
It is a normal thing for teams to do -- most of them are also working, too. During my time in the Vikings ticket office, we were told to prepare to go down to Miami if the team had won in 2009 because we'd be needed to verify ticket holders when they came to pick them up. Other areas, like marketing/corporate sales have to wine and done the high roller season ticket holders.

e: it's also, like, ~150 people total. Individual NFL organizations aren't that big.

e2: bonuses/rings will definitely vary from team to team. Whatever front office staff does get rings (that is entirely up to the team), it is almost assuredly not the same rings the players are getting.

WHOOPS fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Jan 27, 2016

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I've heard of teams giving everyone a ring, but interns getting huge bonuses?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
I certainly wouldn't expect that but it's totally up to the team. There was never any talk of bonuses on the Vikings but I could see an owner like, say, Mark Davis doing that.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
You know Davis would pay out in Hooters gift cards.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?
I have a few friends who have done internships with the Panthers, and they were actually paid pretty well.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

WHOOPS posted:

Whatever front office staff does get rings (that is entirely up to the team), it is almost assuredly not the same rings the players are getting.

From what I gathered, it does look like they're getting the same rings. Teams are allowed to give out as many rings as they want but the NFL only pays for the first 150.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

BasicFunk posted:

I have a few friends who have done internships with the Panthers, and they were actually paid pretty well.

I stand corrected. A friend did in house legal work for Miami and they were amazingly stingy, although Ross has shown himself to be free with the checkbook. Maybe when it's celebration time it's free rings and cash, but when you're having a guy redo a contract for a free agent undrafted player it's business as usual

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
interns get real SB rings? A team has to employee hundreds of people, if you're including unpaid interns that's gotta be at least a thousand people, hell maybe even a million, who really knows. They all get rings? pshh

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Maybe I should go intern with the Texans then

....oh

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pron on VHS posted:

interns get real SB rings? A team has to employee hundreds of people, if you're including unpaid interns that's gotta be at least a thousand people, hell maybe even a million, who really knows. They all get rings? pshh

Somewhere, James Harrison's trigger fingers got twitchy and he doesn't know why...

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Katana Gomai posted:

From what I gathered, it does look like they're getting the same rings. Teams are allowed to give out as many rings as they want but the NFL only pays for the first 150.

Yeah, teams usually order a bunch of extra rings. There's a handful that have been raffled off or given to specific rich fans and also Putin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Kalli posted:

Yeah, teams usually order a bunch of extra rings. There's a handful that have been raffled off or given to specific rich fans and also Putin.

Who gets rings? The players and coaching staff obviously, owner, GM, any VPs. I'm struggling to come up with 150. Do like equipment managers get them? Team bus driver? Big time agents?

• Locked thread