Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

mobas are real bad

but I hunger for multiplayer gaming.

It's a dilemma.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

me 2

Only registered members can see post attachments!

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

That still exists? I played it for like a week in 2003 and didn't feel like making trying to buy a virtual hat (not even many hats, just the one) a full-time job.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I remember when I started playing MOBAs for the first time after a couple years of StarCraft. I thought 'Gee, only one unit to control, this will be easy!' Oh boy was I ever wrong.

On a side note, best MOBA/AoS type game has to be Eve of the Apocalypse, the Warcraft 3 custom map

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

the best moba is tecmo bowl 2016

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Allen Wren posted:

That still exists? I played it for like a week in 2003 and didn't feel like making trying to buy a virtual hat (not even many hats, just the one) a full-time job.

i think it does. unfortunately at some point they added a bunch of dumb bots. you can probably still find servers that run ~2002 gunbound. i recall there were lobbies where stats for items didnt matter. i remember putting together a very problematic terrorist costume

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EccoRaven posted:

tonight the bob and I saw the comedian hari kondabolu and he was very funny. we then ate tacos while watching brooklyn nine-nine, and so it was definitely a good evening. I hope your evenings were as pleasant as mine, especially the following people:

- derp
- 100yrs (last night obviously)
- CCKeane

I played dodgeball and dodgeball is rad.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I just finished watching the Tolkien Edit of the Hobbit movies. And goddamn, I did not realize how astoundingly gay the relationship between Bilbo and Thorin comes off.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Poison Mushroom posted:

I just finished watching the Tolkien Edit of the Hobbit movies. And goddamn, I did not realize how astoundingly gay the relationship between Bilbo and Thorin comes off.

I should watch that. I never bothered watching the last film because the first two were so full of ridiculous irrelevant rubbish.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

I should watch that. I never bothered watching the last film because the first two were so full of ridiculous irrelevant rubbish.

If you thought the first two were irrelevant I have bad news about Hobbit 3: War

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Mobas are boring. Gunbound was so good before it became pay-to-win.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
play the witness it is v good tyvm

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Kashuno posted:

play the witness it is v good tyvm

Buy me it tia

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

GulagDolls posted:

i think it does. unfortunately at some point they added a bunch of dumb bots. you can probably still find servers that run ~2002 gunbound. i recall there were lobbies where stats for items didnt matter. i remember putting together a very problematic terrorist costume

Please put in the effort for me and explain in detail how I would go about playing ~2002 Gunbound because it was one of my favorite games for a long time

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Murmur Twin posted:

Please put in the effort for me and explain in detail how I would go about playing ~2002 Gunbound because it was one of my favorite games for a long time
I, too, would love to play old Gunbound again.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

PBS Newshour posted:

hmm maybe i shouldn't try dota

Play Heroes of the Storm first really, its a great intro to the genre

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Tremendous Taste posted:

It's why the ice should be wider/blue lines moved back a bit/obstruction strictly called

The goals should be bigger too. Goalies are so big and puffy with their pads that they can cover more of the goal than what they can't. Its almost absurd

JakeP fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Jan 27, 2016

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone play the old Korean MMO fighter thing called Survival Project?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

I, too, would love to play old Gunbound again.

Same

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Oh my god you guys I have the best bed ever. I'm taking this thing to the grave.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

On the train home from work yesterday, a woman got a call from her son, telling her that his younger brother had run away from home. She told her son to call the police and inform them that whenever they find the runaway brother, they should stick him in a mental institution or JuVee. This was all said rather casually.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I refuse to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo, because that would not be politically correct. Instead I will only call her a lightweight reporter!</p>— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) <a href="https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/692312112115380224">January 27, 2016</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
wow i thought u could embed tweets

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
@realDonaldTrump I refuse to call Megyn Kelly a bimbo, because that would not be politically correct. Instead I will only call her a lightweight reporter!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
next president

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/692312112115380224

just paste the URL not the whole HTML embed code thing

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
trumps the best

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/692312112115380224?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
sick tweet embedding

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i learn from the breast

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

4 more people!

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Canadians please explain why this is funny or supposed to be funny.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I got nothing.

In other news my game only needs 2 more people! I will finish writing role pms while on dentist drugs, come get an incomprehensible role!

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
asiina can i please be scum?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

asiina can i please be scum?

Only if you want it badly enough.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CapitalistPig posted:

Canadians please explain why this is funny or supposed to be funny.

Edmonton sucks

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
stop trolling me asi

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

Murmur Twin posted:

i cant find gunbound servers that mirror the experience before they added in 'aduka', which was the beginning of the end. this is the next-closest thing I think.

https://gunbound.ca/

it's a canadian private server. they have aduka, but I don't think they have the frog or the dumb frankenstein/ninja bots that came afterward. supposedly a lot of the problems with the original gb were fixed. idk tho cause i haven't tested it.

we should make some rooms and play. i think we have enough people here to get some games going

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hello, mafia thread. I suddenly got irrationally angry that Recoome from Dragon Ball Z didn't have his name localized as Maerc. It sounds like milk, merc, and is Cream spelled backwards. It would have been perfect.

I guess it wasn't done because it would be hard to match the mouth flaps?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

GulagDolls posted:

i cant find gunbound servers that mirror the experience before they added in 'aduka', which was the beginning of the end. this is the next-closest thing I think.

https://gunbound.ca/

it's a canadian private server. they have aduka, but I don't think they have the frog or the dumb frankenstein/ninja bots that came afterward. supposedly a lot of the problems with the original gb were fixed. idk tho cause i haven't tested it.

we should make some rooms and play. i think we have enough people here to get some games going

I would totally play some Gunbound one of these days - bad timing for me because I'm in the process of moving but sometime in the near-future but I'll make it happen