Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I also have a passion for performance and removing unneeded, often memory hogging and CPU cycle stealing processes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder
I also do not eat any condiment besides mayonaise

pram
Jun 10, 2001

SO DEMANDING posted:

this guy is loving amazing

ahahahaha

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
why would not cut the massive red mark in your ledger when you start having money problems

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :psypop:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

error1 posted:

The beauty of Windowblinds cannot be adequately described by a still image

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfPgmzWXzRo

Help me find the super mario sunshine files, i bet it still works on windows 10

hol yhist

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

im having flashbacks to the glory days of skinnable applications

finding the perfect theme for winxp (edited uxtheme.dll right?), then trying to find matching skins for winamp, phoenix firebird firefox, some hosed up desktop widgets program, trillian...

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

SO DEMANDING posted:

this guy is loving amazing

i'm seeing a pattern emerge here

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Panty Saluter posted:

why would not cut the massive red mark in your ledger when you start having money problems

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY :psypop:

yes, why would this man make a poor choice in the face of all available evidence? so out of character.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i remember changing all windows sounds to simpson wav files

then fox shut down all those sites

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

infernal machines posted:

yes, why would this man make a poor choice in the face of all available evidence? so out of character.

Well theres "i shut down windows services for little or no benefit and maybe lots of bad" poor choices but bankrupting yourself over a hobby is quite another thing

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Panty Saluter posted:

Well theres "i shut down windows services for little or no benefit and maybe lots of bad" poor choices but bankrupting yourself over a hobby is quite another thing

there's also the part where he's a grown man who refuses to eat vegetables and can't hold down a basic CJ job. it paints a picture of a man who does not make good choices, and is quite likely dumb as a sack of hammers. in that context bankrupting himself for internet fame isn't particularly surprising.

he hasn't got much else going on, after all

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

there's also the part where he's a grown man who refuses to eat vegetables

*ahem* rabbit food

rio
Mar 20, 2008

the kinder term of "veggies"

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

there's also the part where he's a grown man who refuses to eat vegetables and can't hold down a basic CJ job. it paints a picture of a man who does not make good choices, and is quite likely dumb as a sack of hammers. in that context bankrupting himself for internet fame isn't particularly surprising.

Banged in the Butt by the High Price of Internet Fame

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
https://web.archive.org/web/20020926203121/http://www.blackviper.com/

17 years and exactly the same style. a style that is bad on a 25 year old and REALLY bad on a 40 year old

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
wonder what his SA username is

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

loving windows 10, some buggy driver broke my display sleep again. If I leave the computer running at night the displays keep flickering on and off at regular intervals

http://www.windows10forums.com/threads/screensaver-not-working.1631/

Yeah sure just unplug all your USB devices that's a great solution. Thanks microsoft!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

error1 posted:

loving windows 10, some buggy driver broke my display sleep again. If I leave the computer running at night the displays keep flickering on and off at regular intervals

Yeah sure just unplug all your USB devices that's a great solution. Thanks microsoft!

yospos

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

error1 posted:

if you hadn't disabled windows updates you'd already have a fix for the microsoft hid driver

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

if you hadn't disabled windows updates you'd already have a fix for the microsoft hid driver

lol

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

MS, no! dont patch my os which needs tons of polish!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4

amazing. shocker that gbs fucktard cjd himself into oblivionand then qqd about the knives he buried into he own body.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

error1 posted:

wait is this the retard who disabled the page file too. why is this guy so loving stupid

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

no that's a different idiot.

actually i'm just assuming he disabled windows update because there's been a driver fix for that hid issue since forever ago

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

oh yea. still - lomarf!!!

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Satellit3
Oct 21, 2008

my killer apps list:

failfox
cropper
SkypeTM for Windows by Skype (İMicrosoft Windows Team)

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>
It's the greatest operating system of all time, OP.

Ragg
Apr 27, 2003

<The Honorable Badgers>

Vegetables taste like my rotten rear end in a top hat. gently caress you.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

maybe if you spent less time licking your rotten rear end in a top hat, you'd appreciate vegetables more

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Unless someone shows me an actual KB number for the supposed fix for broken windows power management, I don't believe you! I patch my broken windows all the time, I just told it to tell me in advance when they're about to break something instead of just doing it in the middle of the night in case I needed my computer the next day!

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...5c3f381b?auth=1

If only there was a way to tell which application or driver requests a display wakeup or generates fake user activity, but windows rarely logs anything that isn't completely useless garbage

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

your operating system

is a piece of poo poo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

error1 posted:

but windows rarely logs anything that isn't completely useless garbage

what else is it going to log? it's windows

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord

bobbilljim posted:

wonder what his SA username is
Ragg

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

also driver updates don't get published with kb numbers afaik, they just show up in the list under optional updates

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
i have hardware from the parts picker thread and have auto update on with all default settings across windows and have had 0 problems with this OS and instead am delighted by the sleek new UI and performance.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

one of our laptops at home upgraded to win10 this weekend, and i am pretty pissed tbh

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
this thread is full of literally autismal rejects who have temper tantrums when mommy isnt around to cut the crust off thier grilly cheesey sammy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

no meds = f4
wahhhhh. wahhhhhhh. i liked WINDOWS 7! GIVE ME WINDOWS 7! I WANT WINDOWS 7! The world keeps spinning turdbreath, deal with it.

• Locked thread