Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElectricWizard
Oct 21, 2008
When playing Engines of War on nightmare or cataclysm, I had three or four globerats show up at the same time at the first forked road. We were under literal constant bombardment for 30 seconds until we were all dead. I'm not sure if they've fixed special rats occasionally spawning in duplicates.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
Yay maybe this beta will fix the crashing every 5-20min this game has been doing since the dlc. I just want to kill some rats and actually finish the mission for once.

The_Angry_Turtle
Aug 2, 2007

BLARGH
I'm not sure how the game determines when to spawn multiple specials at the same time but dropping in two hookrats while you're engaging a rogre is so not cool with me.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
Yaas, I'm back to playing after having to change some computer parts. What is this I heard about a beta? Does not inclued the Schlüsselschloß, does it?

Another question: Why is everyone infatuated with the Drakefires? I've gotten orange ones that don't seem bad on paper, but it always ends in me hitting teammates or not hitting the target I want. A pubbie team kicked me from a game because they thought I'm a total noob after setting them on fire one too many times, that was pretty humiliating.
Do I just have the wrong traits on my Drakes? I think they were: Reduced overheating trait, the chance to attack faster after killing a rat and something else (NOT targeteer, I think that would be a great trait on it), I remembered, it was the trait that lets you take reduced damage when venting.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

I'm not sure how the game determines when to spawn multiple specials at the same time

Will I really, really, REALLY gently caress with the players if I drop an extra hookrat?

I played a couple of games yesterday to get back into the swing of things and didn't notice any changes except that the tomes had moved. Any changes I should be aware of before I inflict myself again to goons?

Gimnbo
Feb 13, 2012

e m b r a c e
t r a n q u i l i t y

I don't know how different it is from the beta, but it's update time!

quote:

Heroes!
We're proud to announce Patch 1.1.5 has now been deployed. This major update includes the ability to re-roll traits, a number of quality of life changes and a fix-up for the Globadier.

Patch Notes:
Trait Changes
- Added ability to swap traits of a weapon at the Shrine of Solace:
The new Offer option lets you spend tokens to swap the traits of a weapon. After spending tokens you will be presented with a set of new traits. You may then choose to select your current traits or the new ones.
The costs for Offer are 8 Common / 6 Rare / 5 Exotic based on the rarity of the weapon.

- Added ability to re-roll value of a trait:
The new Invocate option lets you spend tokens to improve the value of an unlocked trait. The costs for Invocate are 10 Common / 8 Rare / 6 Exotic based on the rarity of the weapon.

- Equalized trait unlocks:
Traits could previously only unlock in 0.5% increments. Meaning a trait that had a minimum value of 1% and maximum of 3% could only ever roll 1%, 1.5%, 2%, 2.5% or 3%. This made traits with high percentage differences such as 20-40% very tedious to re-roll - and not very cost efficient. Now every trait has the same amount of steps between minimum and maximum values. Doing this lets us ensure consistency in the re-roll system and keep a low cost on re-rolling. Any traits that are already unlocked will keep their current value.

Feature Changes
- Head bobbing can now be disabled (try this if you're experiencing motion sickness)
- Camera shakes can now be disabled
- Game Public/Private state can now be altered during a game in progress
- Added upward attacking and downward attacking animations for Skaven to better reflect attack ranges
- Players will now be kicked for idling too long in public games: a notification will be displayed after 2 minutes, failure to react will kick the player

Optimization
- Added option to render low frequent transparency, such as smoke, gas clouds and dust, in a lower resolution. This significantly reduces the pixel overdraw and gives a great performance gain in transparency heavy scenes - This setting is enabled by default in all presets
- Slightly sped up lighting calculation
- Optimized damage, health & buff systems

Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug where SSAO was disabled when turning off skin shading
- Fixed a clipping issue with Dwarf 2h weapons
- Fixed a bug where level up rewards weren’t being properly granted
- Fixed a crash when voting for a new level
- Fixed a bug where innkeepers head would disappear towards the edges of the screen
- Fixed a bug with innkeeper twisting his head too far when looking at player at the end of the bar.
- Fixed a rare crash that could occur if unequipping a weapon while exploding from overheat
- Fixed similar timing issues that could cause push when releasing rmb and trying to swing with great swords and fencing swords.
- Improved weapon switch queuing out of parries with fencing sword
- Fixed a crash that could occur if rat ogre failed to path to players
- Fixed several bugs that were causing rat ogres to sometimes get stuck.
- Fixed an issue that could cause skaven to get stuck after climbing
- Improved Ratling gunner AI handling a situation where it can’t find a line of sight to players for a long time
- Minor bug fixes to Garden of Morr, Horn Of Magnus, Man The Ramparts, The White Rat, The Enemy Below, Smuggler’s Run & Engines of War.
- Fixed a crash that could occur whilst killing multiple Special enemies in a short amount of time
- Fixed the description for Dwarf Ranger’s “Boar” headpiece
- Fixed a number of localization errors

Globadier Changes:
- Fixed bug that was causing the globadier to observe his globe hit when not intended.
- Improved trajectory calculations for globadier throws.
- Improved AI handling a situation where globadier can’t find a throw trajectory to players for a long time.
- Improved lurking AI to make the globadier less erratic when walking around between throws.
- Fixed bug that could cause the globadier AI to get stuck not able to find a path to the players.
- Reduced impact damage from 30 to 10 on Cataclysm
- Increased damage over time from 10 to 15 on Cataclysm

Note:
We are aware of the current audio issues and are working to solve them as soon as possible. We've tracked it down to an error in our patching system which isn't properly including audio files. We hope to have more information on this soon.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!

Tiler Kiwi posted:

fun elf fact: the vermintide website features sound clips of skaven specials doing their thing; in all cases, it's the elf that gets abused.

they knew what they were doing.

I couldn't find these on the site. Where are they?

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

moosecow333 posted:

I couldn't find these on the site. Where are they?

I think this is what you want http://www.vermintide.com/enemies/

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Fat Samurai posted:

Will I really, really, REALLY gently caress with the players if I drop an extra hookrat?

The AI director in this game is an utter shithead. I'm sure that's in the code somewhere. "if I can somehow gently caress the players even harder, do so." Spawning hookrats literally two feet from the carriage as we all escape a level? gently caress you! Spawning multiple specials at once, and doing so when we're dealing with roger? gently caress you! I heard you didn't like assassins, so have two of those and a stuck Stormvermin patrol you can't evade. At once! Hey guess what, gently caress you!

Whether or not you think this is a problem, I think we can all agree the AI director hates you and wants you to die.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

oh my god is that a circular saw that does not go in my mouth aaaaagh
:woop: I got a Beam staff with a perfect (8%) Bloodlust trait using the new trait-swap thing! It's also Master-crafted (15% faster attack speed) and has the 20% reduced damage from venting trait. I never liked that one much (I'd rather have 10% less heat), but with Bloodlust on this thing, I might be able to just vent and then smoke a few rats to get the health back.

Avenging Dentist fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Jan 26, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The rerolling means I now have a near-max Regrowth, max Berserking, perfect balance Hunter Rapier. It could only be better if it had Heroic Killing Blow or Bloodlust instead of Regrowth.

Now that's a good rat stick!

ZobarStyl
Oct 24, 2005

This isn't a war, it's a moider.
Does anyone know how many attacks occur each second with the beam staff right click? I'm guessing regrowth is preferable to bloodlust if each tick and subsequent burn carries a proc chance, but don't want to keep rerolling the percentages if it's not going to pay out.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Welp, thanks to Steam's midweek sale I have :siren:GIVEN MONEY TO GW:siren: (indirectly) and am currently downloading Left 4 Rats as we speak. I've got the next couple of days off, gonna see if I can't get the hang of things.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

I'm going to be turning rats into rocks with a friend the next few hours if anyone wants to pop onto mumble.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

There's double exp for a week starting now. Predictably the steam comments are already full of people complaining that exp doesn't mean anything, because I guess there are no new players right now

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I got the game because it had decent reviews and it was on sale. But for some reason it won't pick up on my Radeon graphics card and will only use the intel onboard graphics chip instead. This is the only game I've ever played that refuses to use my AMD card when I switch to it with Catalyst/Crimson. I guess I'll just have to refund it because it plays like poo poo even on lowest settings with that crappy onboard. Apparently launching without the launcher fixes it. Lets give it a go.

Slaan fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Jan 27, 2016

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

Digirat posted:

There's double exp for a week starting now. Predictably the steam comments are already full of people complaining that exp doesn't mean anything, because I guess there are no new players right now

oh is that what's going on? was wondering why my hard victories with 4 heroes all of a sudden had thousands of XP behind them.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Double XP week huh? Sounds like I got in at a good time.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

Digirat posted:

Also double XP means more loot that you can melt down to get more tokens, which are now way more useful thanks to the new shrine features.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

http://steamcommunity.com/app/235540/discussions/1/451851477890518531/

quote:

Saint Scylla has Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide 10 hours ago
Live stream summary
Hello Reiklanders,

Here are my notes from today's stream:
there's currently 50 people at FatShark working on the game (the PC version and the upcoming consoles versions). Overall the devs seem fairly confident with the future of the game.
the optimisation efforts will keep on and on.
a new game mode will be announced later this week.
a quest system is on its way.
new Skaven enemies are on their way, and on the long term possibly even true Chaos creatures.
several DLC are planned, a mix of free and paid content. Micro-transactions however are right out of the question.
more vanity items are planned, such as skins (armors?)
out of the 1300 watchers of today's stream, 25 luckers won an exclusive hat for Bardin. Old news: if you want a hat for Bardin and a hat for Marcus, simply follow the game here: http://steamcommunity.com/games/235540
Double EXP boost for one week starting today!
Last but not least, make sure you read today's patch notes: http://steamcommunity.com/games/235540/announcements/detail/698424015497523753

CheeseSpawn
Sep 15, 2004
Doctor Rope

Avenging Dentist posted:

Also double XP means more loot that you can melt down to get more tokens, which are now way more useful thanks to the new shrine features.

In what way does it mean more loot? I did a nightmare run of Horn and noticed no changes in the tier rolls. Double exp doesnt seem to be mean anything except for the lower levels getting whites on their level ups.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

CheeseSpawn posted:

In what way does it mean more loot? I did a nightmare run of Horn and noticed no changes in the tier rolls. Double exp doesnt seem to be mean anything except for the lower levels getting whites on their level ups.

At level 40 or so, you start getting greens every time you level, and those add up to enough to fuse into decent weapons fairly quickly.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

More exp means you level up faster so you get items faster, and will also get you to level 30 faster to get trinket slots if you're not there yet. Doesn't mean much before level 34, but after that you're getting a blue every 5 levels if all you do is fuse, and greens/blues can be valuable now that you can fuse with ore since you can increase the rarity of specific weapons you want.

ANGRYGREEK
May 3, 2007

If you meet the Storm Spirit on the lane, gank him.
I don't know if it's just me, but since the patch I've heard some dialogue I didn't hear before. Did they change the chances of specific dialogue happening?
Also double XP, hell yeah. Now, if I could only finish White Rat on Nightmare so I can move on to Cataclysm...

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I just got this, I wanna murder some rats with you guys. I know there's a double XP weekend but how long do you think it'll take me to catch up and be effective with you fine murder happy folks?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Azubah posted:

I just got this, I wanna murder some rats with you guys. I know there's a double XP weekend but how long do you think it'll take me to catch up and be effective with you fine murder happy folks?

Probably a day or three to be able to play effectively and a while longer to have a worrying knowledge of the location of everything.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Why can nobody who plays this game pronounce tome correctly? You say it exactly how it loving looks

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Why can nobody who plays this game pronounce tome correctly? You say it exactly how it loving looks

Wait wtf are they saying to you? I can't even think of another way to say it? "Toom" maybe?

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Mendrian posted:

"Toom" maybe?

Exactly that. How are people making this word so complicated

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Yah are they pronouncing it like a tomb stone?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

I haven't played since the new patch but I'm interested in this rerolling thing. Hypothetically, if I had infinite smelted down weapon bits, I could take an orange I like and reroll the traits on it forever to get the exact three traits I want, then max out each one?

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Psion posted:

I haven't played since the new patch but I'm interested in this rerolling thing. Hypothetically, if I had infinite smelted down weapon bits, I could take an orange I like and reroll the traits on it forever to get the exact three traits I want, then max out each one?

Yes. Join me on my quest for the ultimate handgun.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Nerd affectation. Everything that can be slightly mis-accented or otherwise mispronounced must be in order to show your vaguely foreign sounding sophistication.

I once gamed with a guy who insisted on pronouncing "chaos" using an actual "ch" (as opposed to k) sound. I wanted to beat him with his own loving torn off arms after a while.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

xthetenth posted:

Yes. Join me on my quest for the ultimate handgun.

Ultimate brace of pistols, but we're on the same page here

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

SlyFrog posted:

Nerd affectation. Everything that can be slightly mis-accented or otherwise mispronounced must be in order to show your vaguely foreign sounding sophistication.

I once gamed with a guy who insisted on pronouncing "chaos" using an actual "ch" (as opposed to k) sound. I wanted to beat him with his own loving torn off arms after a while.

I gamed with a guy who pronounced it neecroo-mancer and skim-itar for Necromancer and Scimitar. It was infuriating.

My Rapier is now nearly the perfect weapon and I have come full circle from lamenting my lack of them forever. It is a wonderful thing.

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Nehru the Damaja posted:

... too-me? Nah just kidding. It's obviously pronounced tawm-ee like the name Tommy.

That brings up healing droughts.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don't even need to ask for new traits on the orange repeater rifle I prayed for, because sigmar not only didn't give me a blunderbuss (which I thought was the hardcoded result of praying for a weapon for the sgt) but he gave me targeteer, bloodlust and ammunition holder on it. I give sigmar 500 rats gunned down out of 500 & will be using this service again.

Avenging Dentist
Oct 1, 2005

averox posted:

... too-me? Nah just kidding. It's obviously pronounced tawm-ee like the name Tommy.

That brings up healing droughts.

You can tome in the morning, you can tome in the night, you can tome when you wanna tome

It's "draught"

averox
Feb 28, 2005

:dukedog:
Fun Shoe

Avenging Dentist posted:

It's "draught"

Did you hear that? It passed right over you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!

Psion posted:

It's better than what it was, but IMO, it's still bad. If you had infinite bits, yes, you could reroll the traits indefinitely. I gave a few tries the other night, though, and really would vastly prefer to be able to isolate a trait or something. The burden of doing this for an exotic weapon seems kind of insane to me, though, since that's a lot of recycling.

• Locked thread