Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
1.15 updated... while i was playing a save lol. Wiz owned me for all the times I made fun of him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Odobenidae posted:

The change to exploration missions that gives them their sea attrition back seems really backwards. Wasn't the entire point of adding the missions to reduce the tedious micro-managing you have to do to explore without getting your 50 dip point explorer killed because you explored one sea zone too far? Now it seems entirely pointless to use the missions because if you even have the possibility of taking attrition you're 100% going to die because it's slower than doing it manually and you can't cancel it once it starts.

Wasn't it just the Circumnavigate mission that was changed? As far as I know it was always meant to have attrition but it was bugged.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ahahahahahaha the Lost Cultures in the Nation Designer.

Thunder Moose
Mar 7, 2015

S.J.C.
I need to say that Cossacks is by far my favorite expansion to date. Good job Wiz and crew.

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

yeeesss

missing an icon in the nation designer but w/e

Funky Valentine posted:

ahahahahahaha the Lost Cultures in the Nation Designer.

lol

e: still no way to quit the game from the nation selection screen though, you have to relaunch it every time :mad:

Koramei fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Jan 27, 2016

Armani Glasses
Feb 29, 2008

They're for reading.
Did I imagine reading that there was going to be a way to skip songs in this patch, because if there is I can't find it and I was looking forward to not hearing the same track over and over again on starting a game!

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Darkrenown posted:

Wasn't it just the Circumnavigate mission that was changed? As far as I know it was always meant to have attrition but it was bugged.

The circumnavigation attrition was bugged? I've lost no end of missions to that before.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Welp

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.
Pay off their debt?

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Castile is my ally's enemy. They shouldn't accept the CTA but they do.

Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
Was the player/AI bonuses option in the setup removed intentionally? If it was merged with difficulty (which was essentially aggressiveness) then the new settings aren't the same as the old ones.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So does anyone have any idea how to do "Albania or Iberia"? I was trying a bunch last night and while I could avoid the Ottomans/Venice wiping me by making friends with Austria and/or Hungary very fast I couldn't go anywhere from there due to the Ottomans warning me and neither country wanting to join a war against Serbia/Bosnia/Anyone else. I then tried lying in wait for Venice to attack and then allying whichever of Austria or Hungary rivaled Venice but that didn't work either as Venice would never declare war or Austria/Hungary wouldn't ally. I then tried a day one DOW on Serbia but they called in Bosnia and I was unable to get any allies.

So what's the strategy now?

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
DDRjake has a good strat for that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhyvixrEle0

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Koramei posted:

DDRjake has a good strat for that one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhyvixrEle0

Oh thanks for this! I've put in around 300+ hours into this game and at this point I need to do ironman and work towards an achievement or I just end up breaking the game over my knee.

To that end, what are people's favorite ironman achievement runs to do? I really enjoyed my Basileus run as well as turning Poland into a technological superpower. Never tried a world conquest as it seems very grindy and daunting though. Be curious what everyone else thought were fun, challenging runs.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Aw what the heck... Can you really not inherit all of burgundy by attacking them as HRE France?

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

axeil posted:

To that end, what are people's favorite ironman achievement runs to do? I really enjoyed my Basileus run as well as turning Poland into a technological superpower. Never tried a world conquest as it seems very grindy and daunting though. Be curious what everyone else thought were fun, challenging runs.

Back to the Piast was really fun; relatively compact (no 'conquer all of germany' etc), but lots of challenges all the way through. (I played Mazovia; Silesia would probably be a less 'compact' game, since you wouldn't weaken Poland in the process of gaining independence, so would probably have to build up strength before really fighting them.)

I remember Je maintiendrai and A Manchurian Candidate both being pretty fun and similarly 'compact', though it's been a while. Luck of the Irish was cool but I did it literally two years ago; no idea how easy/hard it'd be now.

People tell me that Venetian Sea is really cool, but I haven't done it myself.

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Average Bear posted:

Aw what the heck... Can you really not inherit all of burgundy by attacking them as HRE France?

If you're the hre emperor before 1500 as France I'm not sure you need that event's help to steamroll

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Armani Glasses posted:

Did I imagine reading that there was going to be a way to skip songs in this patch, because if there is I can't find it and I was looking forward to not hearing the same track over and over again on starting a game!

If you turn the music volume all the way down so that it turns off the music, it will skip to the next song when you turn back up again.

At least it used to work like that.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Allyn posted:

Was the player/AI bonuses option in the setup removed intentionally? If it was merged with difficulty (which was essentially aggressiveness) then the new settings aren't the same as the old ones.

Yes, and the bonuses have changed to represent this.

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe

Average Bear posted:

Are you sure? I remember getting all of it because I was HRE.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
I read the event wrong. still, that MTtH is crazy.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Could someone else check and see if this is happening in their 1.15 games?

Yashichi
Oct 22, 2010

Average Bear posted:

I read the event wrong. still, that MTtH is crazy.

Full occupy them and make them sit on 20 war exhaustion to bring it down. It's worth paying diplo points to stave off call for peace to get all that land.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Average Bear posted:

I don't see what's wrong with it.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

Yashichi posted:

Full occupy them and make them sit on 20 war exhaustion to bring it down. It's worth paying diplo points to stave off call for peace to get all that land.

I did that and it fired but... they just inherited their PUs and went into interregnum. I got the event to pop up and claimed the territory, but nothing happened. Burgundy is still there

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010
Oh dang. I was supposed to wait a bit before crashing the game, wasn't I. I noticed from the screenshot I inherited the lands around calais

Yep, fired again and I got both events after waiting. I'm dumb.

Average Bear fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Jan 27, 2016

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Average Bear posted:

So it says "They most likely WILL accept" even though they're showing more negative reasons, and then they actually did accept the call? That's weird.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Prop Wash posted:

So it says "They most likely WILL accept" even though they're showing more negative reasons, and then they actually did accept the call? That's weird.
I am several diplo system changes out of date with the new Cossacks stuff so maybe they pivoted philosophies, but I remember there always being a little fuzz when you only clear a diplo trigger by +-1 or 2 where the AI will make a "personal" decision such like if an ally in a war dec really really hates you they'll join in. The "most likely will/not" phrasing is accurate to that final decision hidden in the AI, but the diplo factors are the diplo factors and they don't want a fudge factor that can be analysed by the player to have a totally measurable idea of how the deeper parts of the AI are deciding how much they really hate you, the player.

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Patch has done great work in the HRE. The fact that Austria doesn't immediately blob into half of the free cities means It feels like a proper sharktank instead of a pool of feisty seals and an orca.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Scrree posted:

Patch has done great work in the HRE. The fact that Austria doesn't immediately blob into half of the free cities means It feels like a proper sharktank instead of a pool of feisty seals and an orca.

This is the greatest description of it.

dublish
Oct 31, 2011

BRB, gonna go play a game as the bear people.

EDIT: Also, is there any way to get a 100% female country in Ironman? Those new advisor/general ideas are great.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I cant wait for Paradox to add a Custom Nation achievement to have all the female stuff used and the subsequent misogynist outcry on their forums.

Average Bear
Apr 4, 2010

zedprime posted:

I am several diplo system changes out of date with the new Cossacks stuff so maybe they pivoted philosophies, but I remember there always being a little fuzz when you only clear a diplo trigger by +-1 or 2 where the AI will make a "personal" decision such like if an ally in a war dec really really hates you they'll join in. The "most likely will/not" phrasing is accurate to that final decision hidden in the AI, but the diplo factors are the diplo factors and they don't want a fudge factor that can be analysed by the player to have a totally measurable idea of how the deeper parts of the AI are deciding how much they really hate you, the player.

It still did that when I got -10 difference.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Bort Bortles posted:

I cant wait for Paradox to add a Custom Nation achievement to have all the female stuff used and the subsequent misogynist outcry on their forums.

I love this idea.

sloshmonger
Mar 21, 2013
Lots of QoL improvements in this patch that I like a lot

The small changes in the UI in this patch like the trade goods in the development builder
new mapmodes - I know dynasty is new, but has Government Types, Rebel Types, and Overseas Provinces always been in? - made it easy to see I missed an event where my heir changed dynasty.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

Bort Bortles posted:

the name needs to have something like matriarchal or matriarchy in it though

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

TheFlyingLlama posted:

the name needs to have something like matriarchal or matriarchy in it though

Misandrist.

Loving the new patch. Estates feel less weird now they give the full bonus to their focus and not having surprise enemies piling in through sudden alliances is great! Messing about as Ethiopia for Prestor John and having quite a lot of fun with it. Nervous about my eventual push towards the Mediterranean away from my golden castles and mountains of money though.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Too bad the Isle of Man isn't a separate province in EU4.

Misandrist: Starting as a custom nation with no more than 200 points, have a total development of at least 1000 while owning the Isle of Man, Rome, and having a female ruler.

Or something.

Edit: and give them a peace deal option to Abolish the Patriarchy, enforcing female rulership on the target :v:

Pellisworth fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Jan 27, 2016

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

The huge thing for me is that having a female ruler/heir will no longer carry with it such a large penalty. Before the patch you lost out on basically a free general and/or a good way to kill bad rulers, depending on your luck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Wiz posted:

I love this idea.
Yessssssssssssssssss.

• Locked thread