Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

On my NG+ guy I'm gonna cheat and give myself infinite stam for the griffon hunt quest to see if the game will let me ride the griffon all the way back to his nest and then kill him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

On my NG+ guy I'm gonna cheat and give myself infinite stam for the griffon hunt quest to see if the game will let me ride the griffon all the way back to his nest and then kill him.
That would be amazing.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

In Training posted:

I just farmed a bunch of beast steaks Im gonna try this

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I guess he has a trigger to fling you off or something I tried it several times and couldn't stay on

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Benny D posted:

I guess he has a trigger to fling you off or something I tried it several times and couldn't stay on

drat.

Dec 26, 2012

Benny D posted:

I went for a ride on a griffon near the iron hammer place on my way to ask about the grimioire and when the griffon flung me off I landed on top of a tower with a chest and when I opened it the grimioire was inside 😎

cool

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
it's cool how the grimoire is just in the chest and there's no triggers to spawn it or whatever so if you know where it is u can just cop it whenever u want. and if you explored enough you could just find it on your own without anyone telling you it's there. dragons dogma is in my top 5 games of all time now

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

I got all the way to level 61 before trying warrior. Don't make the same mistake!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Leadthumb posted:

I got all the way to level 61 before trying warrior. Don't make the same mistake!

I prefer fighter because Perfect Defense is awesome when you stagger a griffin and then Dragon's Maw its face.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
playing without daggers is impossible for me.. double jump and rolling is to good

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

I really wish I had a gaming pc this game is sick but on PS3 it looks and runs like dragons dogshit

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Benny D posted:

I really wish I had a gaming pc this game is sick but on PS3 it looks and runs like dragons dogshit

its been a real surprise seeing how nice its actually supposed to look

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

playing without daggers is impossible for me.. double jump and rolling is to good

I didn't find out until hour 40 that there's a parry/riposte system for the sword/shield guy and I had fun doing that for a bit before I retired my save file. It's cool that each class is robust enough that it probably could have been a system in just one game, let alone having 6 all in one game

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

rediscover posted:

This game is so good

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Benny D posted:

it runs pretty well on a normal people computer

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I actually think it looks good on PS3, but I look forward to seeing how great it is on a PC someday.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

So far I've maxed out fighter, strider and assassin and halfway through warrior before hitting level 50. Once I'm done with warrior I'll definitely go back to assassin, sword and shield is just too fun and having access to bows and daggers on the fly is great

I stole so much stuff as a strider with master thief and blinding arrows. If I could get a dagger that does blinding that would be amazing

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

God replaying this with a totally new style is going to be great.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Jesus, the postgame is intense. I was expecting much less.

It's like MGSV's next act all over again.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Am I imagining things or do these dire wolves just spAwn endlessly

Crimson Harvest
Jul 14, 2004

I'm a GENERAL, not some opera floozy!
Today's patch is good, the volume is adequate now.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I didn't find out until hour 40 that there's a parry/riposte system for the sword/shield guy and I had fun doing that for a bit before I retired my save file. It's cool that each class is robust enough that it probably could have been a system in just one game, let alone having 6 all in one game

IDK about Magick Archer but Mystic Knight plays different from either Mage or Fighter so it's like 7. Assassin seems to just let you blur the lines between Strider and Fighter a little though.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
i wasn't expecting magick archer to work so differently. you get completely different dagger skills past the basics, and the bow is completely different

i wish i got head splitter as a magick archer because hitting someone with head splitter while you're on fire would be amazing

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

Doctor Goat posted:

i wasn't expecting magick archer to work so differently. you get completely different dagger skills past the basics, and the bow is completely different

i wish i got head splitter as a magick archer because hitting someone with head splitter while you're on fire would be amazing

sunburst is badass though

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Larry Parrish posted:

IDK about Magick Archer but Mystic Knight plays different from either Mage or Fighter so it's like 7. Assassin seems to just let you blur the lines between Strider and Fighter a little though.

i just play assassin as strider 2.

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
magick archer is completely ridiculous

also it's cool how you can target every part of a cyclops at once

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off
leaving the shadow fort, I fought a drake for twenty-plus minutes straight, used up very nearly every healing & stamina restoring curative I carried, and slew it.

extremely cool fight, even though basically the only attack I used was sixfold bolt.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
if i bound healing items to the wings on my steam controller i think i'd be funcitonally invincible

are there better easily accessible healing items than potent greenwarish and large mushroom

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The best part about magic archer is the bouncing shot because you can lure everything in bitterblack into the smaller hallways and hit them 500 times a shot.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Doctor Goat posted:

are there better easily accessible healing items than potent greenwarish and large mushroom

Buy a bunch of empty flasks from the alchemist next to the blacksmith in the main city and fill them up at a healing spring. Dirt cheap group healing items that you can offload onto your pawns to save weight and not have to worry as much about healing yourself.

For stamina I never really used anything but mushrooms and liquid vim. The various meats are really good but kinda heavy and they go rotten, not really worth it imo.

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

Anyone else having real bad camera issues in BBI? When I try to climb on something the camera is always like in the ground or it just starts spinning.

extremely steampunk
Sep 11, 2001

Oh Christ, I had net cafe scandal's pawn with me for the longest drat time, then she got knocked off the tower while I was fighting the griffon. RIP Stace. I know it will give him a 3 star rating now but does he get 0 RC as well? That would be poo poo

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

He should get all the crystals hes entitled to I think.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

bae was watching me play this last night and was laughing at my terrible pawns, but made an exception for Stace, who she said was cool and helpful.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
what's even the deal with RCs? the only way to even spend RCs is by enlisting pawns outside the rift but we can do very specific searches on the rift to summon a pawn that will be absolutely perfect for what we want and it's free

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

program666 posted:

what's even the deal with RCs? the only way to even spend RCs is by enlisting pawns outside the rift but we can do very specific searches on the rift to summon a pawn that will be absolutely perfect for what we want and it's free

The main point of RC is for the cosmetic options actually. And also a way to check out how much people love your pawn.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

oh right but I still didn't find the guy to change the appearance of my pawn yet and I really wanted to change my pawn's voice, I could only hear grunts when selecting the voice so now my pawn sound like a transvestite

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

program666 posted:

oh right but I still didn't find the guy to change the appearance of my pawn yet and I really wanted to change my pawn's voice, I could only hear grunts when selecting the voice so now my pawn sound like a transvestite

Did you try going back to the encampent riftstone. There's a goofy old guy in a yellow suit.

program666
Aug 22, 2013

I'll try, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
You can also go to the barbershop in Gran Soren to change a pawn's voice. The item from the guy at the Encampment is something you can only use one time per playthrough, but you can do the barbershop as much as you want. The voice changing option is the most expensive one, but it's still really affordable.

• Locked thread