Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Nico used to be smart, but Nozomi took that I think.

Man, Nozomi's physical study sessions were actually harming Nico, huh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Ok good, goals met: Kanako obtained in SS, dress obtained in GFN.

And I don't feel burnt out.

Now I can 3/4-heartedly play ENSIF for the point rewards. Sorry Honoka. You've blessed me enough, anyways.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Now, Nico is like pandaK - a sad shell of their former self.

W-what are you implying here

also the new dimming feature in SS is great because it means I can turn 3d on again

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

W-what are you implying here

also the new dimming feature in SS is great because it means I can turn 3d on again

People who ironically claim to hate idols live sad lives is what I am implying.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Now that I have the PS3 hooked up again, I should play more Project Diva. I guess that falls under the domain of this thread, though it's been exclusively about mobile games 'til now.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

I was gonna get a PS4 in the future anyways, but since I'm in Freedomland, will the PS4 I get be able to play the new iM@S game if there's no English release?

They're region-free as far as I know, yeah. Though you'll need to be playing it on your Japanese PSN account so you can buy up all the delicious DLC.

I'm not quite going to have enough time for my second Kanako but then I only noticed the event was about to end because there was a notification on my phone just as I was about to go to bed last night.

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

Now that I have the PS3 hooked up again, I should play more Project Diva. I guess that falls under the domain of this thread, though it's been exclusively about mobile games 'til now.

Are Vocaloids truly idols? Deep questions of our time. I still need to get some more Project Diva F 2nd trophies, nearly there though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

Are Vocaloids truly idols? Deep questions of our time. I still need to get some more Project Diva F 2nd trophies, nearly there though.

vocaloids aren't real

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

pandaK posted:

vocaloids aren't real

whoa

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

pandaK posted:

Wait, does she really have a terminal disease and also lost a mansion? Dang, why does the world hate her
Nico spends a chapter of her novel being horribly sick and temporarily ascending to heaven. The rest of μ's come to cheer her up with a jolly round of and breaking and entering.

Not only does her mansion get torched, she also loses all her financial assets in a stock market crash and all her mansion staff resign because they can't stand her. Details in following.
code:
https://my.mixtape.moe/azysle.webm

Accordin' to this fan thing, Nico used to...
... be a maid.
... be popular.
... be smart.
... be good at everything.
... have a girlfriend.
... have a good personality.

Nozomi, Kotori, and the animation staff took that all away from her.
That's more or less true, but Maki is still Nico's girlfriend.
Love Live gets really odd when you dig into its all the old and/or side material. Nozomi used to be in Honoka's year, and she also used to be a wizard. The entire cast once went skinny dipping in Okinawa. Umi accidentally started a gay harem.

Christmas Cake
Dec 25, 2008

graybook posted:

I was gonna get a PS4 in the future anyways, but since I'm in Freedomland, will the PS4 I get be able to play the new iM@S game if there's no English release?

Yeah, probably. PS4's supposed to be region free.

Going by the way the PS3 games worked, the backwards X and O buttons could be a nuisance. The save interface and some arbitrary in game menus had the buttons reversed. Worst case scenario, they do it like G4U where either X or O will both confirm and cancel at the same time. I'm annoyed enough with the layout that I'll probably go with a Japanese console this round.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Daxing Dan posted:

Nico spends a chapter of her novel being horribly sick and temporarily ascending to heaven. The rest of μ's come to cheer her up with a jolly round of and breaking and entering.

Not only does her mansion get torched, she also loses all her financial assets in a stock market crash and all her mansion staff resign because they can't stand her. Details in following.
code:
https://my.mixtape.moe/azysle.webm
That's more or less true, but Maki is still Nico's girlfriend.
Love Live gets really odd when you dig into its all the old and/or side material. Nozomi used to be in Honoka's year, and she also used to be a wizard. The entire cast once went skinny dipping in Okinawa. Umi accidentally started a gay harem.

That's pretty trippy.

I prefer my Love Live to be grounded in quasi-reality.

Also I can totally understand Umi having a harem because she is beautiful and manly and very powerful.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Trap posted:

Going by the way the PS3 games worked, the backwards X and O buttons could be a nuisance. The save interface and some arbitrary in game menus had the buttons reversed. Worst case scenario, they do it like G4U where either X or O will both confirm and cancel at the same time. I'm annoyed enough with the layout that I'll probably go with a Japanese console this round.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind if they were consistent inside the game but when you press O to open a menu but then X to select something inside that menu, then, ugh. I'd like to think they'd have a handle on that by now but OFA is worse than 2, so...

book
Nov 29, 2014
gently caress, ranking is hard without the numerous lowbie level ups. I think I woke up too late to crack 100k for Sae. Oh well. Also, practice mode is cool and makes me less sad when I fail Master level songs.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Thanks for the info regarding PS4 stuff, though I don't know if I want to make a Japanese PS4 account. Maybe if the DLC tempts me enough (assuming I do get the game).

And go ahead and chat about Project Diva and vocaloids and whatever as long as it's a) anime [definitely is thanks to our current forum name] and b) rhythm game. At least just as topic-starter that's my view. Idols no longer necessary thanks to GF Note, and mobile was never a necessity, just happened to be a common factor for a while. It's neat to be exposed to other rhythm games; breaks up the sort-of monotony of SIF/SS(/GFN to a lesser extent now) chat.

I'll still keep posting along about Love Live though since it's why I'm in idol hell in the first place.

something something just post

Bad Seafood has final say anyways I figure.

Actual discussion:

book posted:

gently caress, ranking is hard without the numerous lowbie level ups. I think I woke up too late to crack 100k for Sae. Oh well. Also, practice mode is cool and makes me less sad when I fail Master level songs.

I feel like it makes those third-party Deresute practice apps unnecessary, unless you want to do way more than 3 or whatever practice sessions a day.

I think I was feeling the lack of level-up boosts around the time we had Nation Blue, because I think I was able to at least t3 back for Atapon. Then again the playerbase was at least some amount smaller back then too.

Level-ups in GFN still feel relatively quick though. Overall, many of the mechanics in it feel SIF-esque, but with regards to leveling up, I think the experience needed to get to the next player level doesn't increase as quickly as it does in SIF, so it probably won't get agonizingly long for a little while.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
http://dare.moe/f/16I
http://dare.moe/f/16J

Famitsu scans for Imas if you like shiny pictures.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

taser rates posted:

Nice. Looks pretty similar to the previous games, then, except for the setting.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

taser rates posted:

in the ps4 imas its in a Parallel Universe where 765 pro was unpopular lol

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

in the ps4 imas its in a Parallel Universe where 765 pro was unpopular lol

Well, they're always unpopular, you wouldn't have anything to do otherwise

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Polsy posted:

how many qpus do i have to align to to get the cool type haruka

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Polsy posted:

They're only popular in like Deremas-land since there are adverts for 765pro stuff in the CG anime. But then again that's a setting where they aren't the focus.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Technically speaking they're basically all parallel universes, with all the First and Second Vision business. Oddly enough though, they haven't said if Platinum Stars is considered to be Third Vision or whatever.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

taser rates posted:

Technically speaking they're basically all parallel universes, with all the First and Second Vision business. Oddly enough though, they haven't said if Platinum Stars is considered to be Third Vision or whatever.

This handy guide has been making the rounds online.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Argas posted:

holy poo poo this is some amazing lore

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

taser rates posted:

They're still basically the same design and Second Vision aged, though I mean Azusa's already 21, wouldn't want to make her ancient. Who knows what the actual rules for that are, though.

e: actually Ritsuko seems to have taken her hair bun down permanently, but, besides that

Polsy fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 27, 2016

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
The great things about Dio and KuroiP sharing the same VA is that he's also the voice for Ichigo's dad in Aikatsu. IT'S ALL CONNECTED.

Also, the timeline is missing how Rei Toei fits into all this, clearly incomplete.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Argas posted:

Yeah, that checks out.

Anyway, all that Nico stuff is like, official? As in not, "pls read my nico fanfic where she gets stranded in the amazon and giant ants eat away one of her legs its v. funny"?

Because holy poo poo.

Oh yeah, what's with the 10star idol + 1 star idol the t1 of SS events? Do you reckon it's like, "we want you to have a nice round number, but also to have the joy of gluing your idols together," or more of a "one to use, one to keep, and you don't get to display poo poo because it's a video game?"

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I think part of it's also "you can max out the 1-star-rank one and use her for your support team".

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
It's probably so you can have both versions of the cards. The + one and the non + one.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://twitter.com/eitei/status/691966037575622656

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Perfect.

What would you need a + and non-plus one for, though? You can just switch them if you have your Obviously Superior Waifu on the main screen. Plus, as far as I know the support team is just "biggest numbers you aren't using," so that's sorta a crapshoot. You can't even have doubles in your performance, which is tragic. I want an all-Nana team. :/

Oh yeah, that reminds me, I should swap out christmas glasses. It's no longer christmas, so there's no need for her and her glasses tree.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
So you can make a super team of only your waifu. Also, some people like collecting cards.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wasn't too big on the iM@S games for the PSP. I tried the ones that were translated into English. Chihaya for my first playthrough (a major mistake) and then Yayoi.

The game was not for me. I couldn't understand how to do the lives at all.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Zenostein posted:

I want an all-Nana team. :/

Close enough.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Argas posted:

Speakin' of this, I hear fans like to joke that Akabine P (OG) is Cute, Takeuchi P (CG) is Cool, and Majima P (PC) is Passion.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

Speakin' of this, I hear fans like to joke that Akabine P (OG) is Cute, Takeuchi P (CG) is Cool, and Majima P (PC) is Passion.

D O U B L E B I C E P S

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Zenostein posted:

Anyway, all that Nico stuff is like, official? As in not, "pls read my nico fanfic where she gets stranded in the amazon and giant ants eat away one of her legs its v. funny"?

Because holy poo poo.

Nico is as real as it gets. She is the tragic heroine of Love Live.

Well, her apartment isn't actually getting demolished. The real-life building they traced it from is, though.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Daxing Dan posted:

Nico is as real as it gets. She is the tragic heroine of Love Live.

Well, her apartment isn't actually getting demolished. The real-life building they traced it from is, though.

I wanna find a list of every love live episode that has nico in it so I know which ones to watch and which ones to skip

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005

pandaK posted:

I wanna find a list of every love live episode that has nico in it so I know which ones to watch and which ones to skip

You better mean that in the good way.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Wait, there isn't a good way, all Love Live episodes are worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

pandaK posted:

All of them.