Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Only the one that was literally impossible to get gold on :v:

I honestly was not even expecting that much. They know if they give us this inch then the whiners and complainers will only want more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Thief still sucks. :( Oh well, back to B&S Assassin!

Hefty
Jun 11, 2008

Kessel posted:

scrapper took a big hit in pvp because of the trait reorder. you can no longer take both adaptive armour and the trait that adds stability to your stomp, making function gyro pretty goddamn useless since a wet fart will now push it away

I'm not sure anyone took the stability gyro trait before anyway. I generally just cleave and save my gyro for ressing because you benefit from having multiple people res, but not from having multiple people stomp. The gyro also stomps super slow and dies really easily. As someone else said, you should be throwing elixir b on your teammates who are stomping though. The bigger trade off, I think, is protection on heal vs stability on dodge and hammer damage.

Hurp Durp Master
Oct 10, 2011
oh hey former DNT guy. I knew you were lurking around here when I saw you commented on some obscure goon raid video, nice to know we got at least one guy who knows what they're talking about in this thread :shobon:

Do you ( or anyone for that matter) know if its worth using rev sword 2 on CD since the changes? during quickness?

Solaerin
Mar 11, 2015

Hefty posted:

I'm not sure anyone took the stability gyro trait before anyway. I generally just cleave and save my gyro for ressing because you benefit from having multiple people res, but not from having multiple people stomp. The gyro also stomps super slow and dies really easily. As someone else said, you should be throwing elixir b on your teammates who are stomping though. The bigger trade off, I think, is protection on heal vs stability on dodge and hammer damage.

Yeah, I feel like function gyro's weakness is more being cleaved down and less being cc'd. I've always taken the stability gyro trait, but it's not a super big deal not having it anymore. I'd say Perfectly Weighted is by far the better thing to go with though, with the literal pinball machine that is GW2 pvp you get pretty much all the protection you need from Protection Injection.

Solaerin fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Jan 27, 2016

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

Hurp Durp Master posted:

oh hey former DNT guy. I knew you were lurking around here when I saw you commented on some obscure goon raid video, nice to know we got at least one guy who knows what they're talking about in this thread :shobon:

Do you ( or anyone for that matter) know if its worth using rev sword 2 on CD since the changes? during quickness?

It was worth using before the patch, assuming multiple targets were close enough to trigger all 3 projectiles (also assuming you were inside of your targets hitbox). I believe the logic was that each hit did similar damage to an autoattack, so getting the damage of 3 autoattacks at once was obviously higher than a single autoattack in the same relative time period. I haven't tested it personally after the patch (too busy with Venom Share Daredevil), but I'd assume it's even more worthwhile now considering that the sword auto got nerfed. I can investigate some tomorrow, though, and compare results with some guildies that play Revenant to be sure.

Shiales
Dec 21, 2006
There's a few people here that know what they're talking about, though the one I know of isn't all that active right now. She mains a warrior/berserker, I believe. I think someone even said they were in [vC] or [qT] a while ago.

CaptainSwanky posted:

A former DNT member that "made drama so I could farm YouTube money when I left the guild" and apparently a sociopath

Hello, Brazil. :)

Keyz and Obal have left as well.

Shiales fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Jan 27, 2016

DISASTER DOVE
Dec 13, 2015

D̷O̶N̴'̴T̷ ̸T̷O̷U̵C̷H̶ ̶M̷E̸

Shiales posted:

Hello, Brazil. :)

Keyz and Obal have left as well.

Hi :)

I was aware that Obal left, but I didn't know that Keyz did. I'm not surprised, though. I've talked to a couple of members since I left awhile back and they seemed pretty upset about Nike running the guild into the ground. I guess getting the guild kicked out of raid testing was the last straw for some people.

Also, I went ahead and did some quick testing on Revenant and Precision Strike (no quickness, I don't have access to a Chrono slave right now), but there is actually a fairly surprising margin between using Precision Strike and not using it with otherwise the same rotation. I wasn't really expecting that. Here is a video of said testing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSuMeSc1l4M

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

RIP even more my PvP berserker dreams.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
"Revenant was doing too much damage with just sword autos"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eA126dULIr0

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
you better heed his Quall

ApeHawk posted:

Well at least thief has something going for it now.

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Mercurius posted:

also I just noticed your mod star is a bird, that owns

Wait, what? That poo poo doesn't show up on the mobile ap, it's just a regular mod star for me.

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I'm not sure. I still dislike staff playstyle and all the number buffs in the world won't fix that -- particularly when preliminary numbers look to make autoattacks the top dps choice on sword and staff. I have never enjoyed classes that rely on auto spam. Thief has held my interest so long because for me, it had the perfect risk/reward balance and an active, involved playstyle. With so many of the staff skills forcing motion, thereby loving up combat positioning, and damage focus shifted onto our autos, rather than a look at initiative or adjusts to any of the 2 - 5 skills, it's pretty clearly moving in a direction that I don't enjoy and, to me, feels like it's missing the point of the class.

For all the poo poo we give DnT they provide a very useful service to the community by compiling/parsing numbers, and so I'd like to see what they have to say about daggers right now before I can really decide how I feel about these changes. I'm hoping backstab and heartseeker will still out-damage dagger auto so that the playstyle I have enjoyed for so long isn't completely gutted, but I am not a numbers person so we'll just have to wait and see. I'm not very optimistic.

fake edit: yes I love my birbstar :3:

What the thief elite spec needed to be was something that opened up a new playstyle (personally would've liked a Shadow Form-style tank thing). DD is more of the same.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ApeHawk posted:

:cripes:

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

ApeHawk posted:

The difference is that thief isn't simultaneously giving permafury and boon duration buffs to the entire party. Thief is completely useless at everything except doing damage, let's not take that away from them too.

Laphroaig
Feb 6, 2004

Drinking Smoke
Dinosaur Gum
New Mossman spot ready (one of like 5 possible different ones on that map)

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
lol if you can't beat Mossman legit it's time to fire up Hello Kitty instead.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
My daughter had Hello Kitty online for the ten minutes it took me to realize that it was full of perverts and trolls and not suitable for a 6 year old.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

tyblazitar posted:

The difference is that thief isn't simultaneously giving permafury and boon duration buffs to the entire party. Thief is completely useless at everything except doing damage, let's not take that away from them too.
But autoattacking is so boring :smith:

Laphroaig posted:

New Mossman spot ready (one of like 5 possible different ones on that map)

Some day soon Anet will give up and just turn Mossy's room into a big flat ring with nowhere to hide.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.
Mossman isn't hard, he's just tedious at tier 66 with the inflated toughness and spooky "random" condition applying wolves running around interrupting all your poo poo and doubling cooldowns.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
The Lunar Revel activity is a really easy way to make good money, and is pretty fun. Go read this guide to Dragon Ball and play a couple rounds. Specifically, remember where the 4 skill and the upgrade for the 1 skill are. The 4 skill has two spawns on both sides of the map, equidistant from both teams spawns, and the 1 upgrade is in the "sewer" tunnels by the jump back up to the upper level. It's kinda hard to explain so go look at the Dulfy guide.

What you do is rush for the 1 upgrade, then come back and go to your team's "bridge." The upper level consists of a giant ledge running the length of the arena on either side, a hanging platform dead center of the map, and a bridge on each team's side that connects the two ledges. Sit dead center of that bridge and scan the arena for targets (and powerups). With your upgraded 1, your shots move much faster and go much farther, so you can, with great effect, rain down hell on the enemy team. Any time there's a fight in the open, sling shots at it and help propel your team to victory. If there's a fight you can't get line of sight to, there's an Aetherblade launcher thing on the bridge you can use to get around the map quickly to go help people. In particular though, people like to fight in the pit at the bottom of the map and you can shoot down at them and crush people, and they generally won't notice and fight back.

If someone tries to challenge you for title of Lord Of The Bridge, you can use the curve of the bridge to duck shots (they move pretty slow and are definitely intended to be manually dodgeable) and force them to come close up to you. Just pop your head up, fire a 1, and pop your head back down. If you have the 3 or the 5 (freeze trap and reflect bubble) use them as appropriate (ie while backing up or once you've committed to the fight, respectively), but most importantly, once you and the other person get up close and start fighting, wait for them to roll twice and then immediately use the 4 at point blank range to hit them for 15 damage and, more importantly, daze them for two seconds. Once they're dazed just keep wailing on them with your 1 from up close. Lastly, there are blue orbs scattered around that heal you. The sewer tunnels have several that heal for 10 each, several that heal for 25 down in the lower pit area of the map, and just below each team's "base" is one that heals for 50. If you get beat up, go heal up as best you can.

Tryharding at Dragon Ball is all about dealing damage without taking damage in turn. Heals are rare enough, and you don't heal enough out of combat, that most damage you deal is fairly permanent. Given that a kill is 10 points and it's first team to 500 points, it's roughly one point per 10 hp you shave off of someone. Which is why grabbing the long range upgrade for your 1 and being an rear end in a top hat on the bridge works so well - you're in a fairly safe spot and have a great vantage point to interfere in most of the fights that occur.

Finally, the reason you do this at all is that if you win 10 games of Dragon Ball, you get a Dragon Ball Champion's Chest that has a few account bound envelopes and a Dragon Ball Champion Token. You can spend this token and 1g for a Dragon Ball Champion's Envelope that's currently worth 15-20g. You can only buy one per day so don't go poopsocking Dragon Ball, but if you've got the time to spend an hour playing 15 games or so, you can probably get your wins, have some fun, and make some really nice cash.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Magres posted:

Finally, the reason you do this at all is that if you win 10 games of Dragon Ball, you get a Dragon Ball Champion's Chest that has a few account bound envelopes and a Dragon Ball Champion Token. You can spend this token and 1g for a Dragon Ball Champion's Envelope that's currently worth 15-20g. You can only buy one per day so don't go poopsocking Dragon Ball, but if you've got the time to spend an hour playing 15 games or so, you can probably get your wins, have some fun, and make some really nice cash.
Why is this thing worth 15-20g?

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dragon_Ball_Champion%27s_Divine_Lucky_Envelope
wiki says the avg trading post price is right around what you say, but why? The only item worth anything from it is the Ornamental Golden Trophy worth just under 9g and it doesn't even show up every time.

Can they also have the ugly backpack skins in them or something that just aren't listed on the wiki?

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
To hazard a guess based off of Divine Lucky Envelopes, I think you're right and it's ugly festival back pieces

Even if the price comes down some, it's still pretty fun money making cause your only investment into it is 1g and some time playing a pretty entertaining minigame. Pubs are really bad.

The biggest downside to the game is sometimes it'll throw you into already in progress games, which often means stepping into a game that's been 4v5 for a while and your team is down 300 points. There's no dishonor to the queue though so if that happens, just bail and re-queue.

Magres fucked around with this message at 19:29 on Jan 27, 2016

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

You can have a monkey on your back the same patch they added a brew of the month club.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Jan 27, 2016

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Can't wait to try all the great new ele builds this new patch enabled.

Magres
Jul 14, 2011

gandlethorpe posted:

Can't wait to try all the great new ele builds this new patch enabled.

I'm working on building/learning a Reaper chillomancer build just to screw with Eles :v:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So how is the new Shat anyway?

Doable by pubs? Needs guilds now?

Yuwe
Apr 6, 2009
Nah, he's still doable with pubs. Prepare to see a lot of people eating dirt for a while though. The old safe spot was jam packed with dead pubs at the end of the last shatterer fight I joined.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

You can have a monkey on your back the same patch they added a brew of the month club.

"monkey on your back" should be a meta-achievement for getting every achievement.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Alteisen posted:

So how is the new Shat anyway?

Doable by pubs? Needs guilds now?

quote:

So, hi! I'm Andrew Gray and I worked on The Shatterer Changes. I'm super happy to hear people are enjoying it, but wanted to address the question/concern about difficulty.

It was never our intention to make succeeding The Shatterer event exceptionally difficult. We want players coordinating with only map chat, with strangers, to be able to complete the event. That said, some of the achievements, like the "Smash the Dragon" one (complete The Shatterer event without him ever taking off IE break him every time his break bar activates) will take more coordination. It is harder to break him than it is to kill him. It is drat harder to break him every time than it is to kill him.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/42t6f5/shatterer_is_what_it_should_be/czd8mew

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
That's pretty cool. Open world stuff should be able to be failed by incompetent random groups (ie it shouldn't be a complete gimme), readily completed by competent random groups, and also have more challenging aspects that take an organized group or an exceptionally competent random group.

Magres fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 27, 2016

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
New shatterer is not difficult at all but instead requires that you do more than stand on a hill and hit a claw for 5 minutes, so it's a very positive change.

do it on my face
Feb 6, 2005
°
So has anyone found the new creeper pulling for Shatterer yet? My fingers are getting itchy.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

The glider bombing runs on new shatterer fuckin rule

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Honeymoon phase with new Shatner going strong. It's easy enough to complete, hard enough that running all cheevos won't happen right away, and known well-known enough that there isn't a well-known pub strategy used to maximize efficiency at the expense of excitement. So you get loads of pubbies dying on the side and lots of confusing running around with a dead purple dragon minion to show for the effort. These times will never come again.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
A nice thing about the new fight is that champion mobs actually drop poo poo. So you actually get poo poo for participating in the full fight versus someone coming at the last minute and beating the threshold damage for the chest.

Every boss fight should be at least as involved and rewarding as this.

Spooky Bear Ghost
Sep 17, 2010

lets get spooky
I like that newshat is that easy since hes the lowest level of all the dragon champs, though I suspect new claw of jormag will be a little more raid-bossy, as well as a potential bubbles dragon champ (I'd assume that massive multiheaded hydra concept art may have something to do with them)

Also nearly infinity champ boxes is rad

Probad
Feb 24, 2013

I want to believe!
Jornag will just be the same fight with two extra health bars.

check out my Youtube
May 26, 2006

Satan's on my side
and you wanna brawl?
When the Devil comes
Watch the Ledges 2: Watch Harder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!