Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Anora posted:

Is Delta the same as the one that just says "Soul Sacrifice"?

No, Delta is the newer, better version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

This would be cool if I didn't need a different memory card to play it

Stanos
Sep 22, 2009

The best 57 in hockey.

fozzy fosbourne posted:

I totally expect there was some infighting between business units that led to that.

Par for the course for a lot of Sony poo poo, or at least it was. My parents stopped buying sony electronics because of the weird proprietary poo poo that was annoying to replace if it was lost. The memory cards really are highway robbery though, ridiculous.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

I just spent two months without my Vita because I lost the stupid proprietary USB charging cable and Sony in their infinite wisdom decided to discontinue them, so the only seller in the whole of Europe that still had a stock of OEM cables lying around is in the UK and they managed to gently caress up my delivery address so I had to wait one month because it was the holidays and it could have been "held up" until the seller got the cable returned due to the wrong address, and then wait for the second cable that just arrived recently. All because Sony is poo poo.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Found out my Vita had a 4gig in the slot, so yay, course now I can't connect to the store.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Anora posted:

Found out my Vita had a 4gig in the slot, so yay, course now I can't connect to the store.

Welcome to untested firmware updates. That problem is hitting tons of people for no good reason.

Also, some reports mention that something gets stuck on the OS background and it keeps draining the battery during suspend/rest. Restarting the Vita should fix it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Looks like someone grabbed the rights to Umihara Kawase, and it's coming back to Steam. Sounds like it's safe on PSN, though I wonder how they rights transfer might be handled.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Degica did as announced earlier today. Was surprised only the Steam one got taken down during this period; both the 3DS and Vita Kawase games stood by just fine. Wonder if Code of Princess will be taken down at some point, though, since Degica doesn't seem to have bothered with getting the rights for that one.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Atlus has the rights in the west, so probably not.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

In NA, you mean. Agatsuma published the game in Europe themselves. Wouldn't be annoying if they hadn't made it eShop only, but oh well. It isn't that great a game anyway.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Anora posted:

Have a 4GB card is about as useful as not having one at all

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Saoshyant posted:

the only seller in the whole of Europe that still had a stock of OEM cables lying around
I don't know where you physically are, but next time just check the closest amazon instance. All of them in Europe have results for vita cable.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Anora posted:

Is Delta the same as the one that just says "Soul Sacrifice"?

I played SS up to level 50 or so, then bought SSD as a reward for gaming discipline and transferred my saves over.

SSD is so much better in so many subtle ways. Example: Getting immediate payoffs for sacrificing/saving enemies in combat is huge. It speeds up combat significantly since you're not forced to be miserly with your ammo, or spend time wandering around looking for refill spots. It rewards you for doing things you'd probably already be doing. Adding in factions, so that you're encouraged to focus on saving vs sacrificing, makes it feel rewarding to build up a character and makes your choices in combat feel meaningful. It's like the original SS was released halfway through development.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

I don't know where you physically are, but next time just check the closest amazon instance. All of them in Europe have results for vita cable.

Portugal does not have its own Amazon instance; most of the non big countries don't in fact. Also, most if not all results you will find for Vita cables on any of the Amazons are third-party garbage with most reviews mentioning how they stop working after a while.

I do not care for the screen in the newer Vita revision, but its standard USB cable would have been a godsend in comparison with what I had to go through to replace mine.

Worse than a proprietary cable is a proprietary cable that Sony stopped producing three years into the Vita's life.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Jan 28, 2016

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Saoshyant posted:

Portugal does not have its own Amazon instance

No, but most sellers on Amazon.fr or .co.uk will ship to Portugal, which is why he said "check the closest Amazon instance." :v:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Breath of Fire 3 for PSP is finally getting a US PSN release 10 years after it came out in Europe.

http://gematsu.com/2016/01/breath-fire-iii-psp-coming-psn-february

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Now I'd like a BoF4 release in Europe to make up for that.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Saoshyant posted:

Portugal does not have its own Amazon instance
As Lemon Curdistan says, i wasn't expecting your country to have one, but if you're in Portugal, i'm pretty sure amazon.es is uniquely equipped to deliver to your location. As for:

Saoshyant posted:

most if not all results you will find for Vita cables on any of the Amazons are third-party garbage with most reviews mentioning how they stop working after a while.
They also all cost somewhere between 1-3 €, which is to say, compared to time of use, pretty much nothing. Just buy a batch of 3 and don't sweat it.

Plus, in some cases they're superior to the original cables. i bought 3 of these and couldn't be happier about them: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B0090WZ5CM/

2 meters long, which is gigantic and accomodates a lot of use cases in my house, including tangling the thing on various corners and things while in bed and still having plenty room to move. Additionally the woven surface makes it easier to move around near metal/plastic surfaces. Sure, one of them had the sleeve break on the plug while in transit because it was bent at a wrong angle, but otherwise i've used one of those for almost a year with no issues whatsoever. Plus, they cost practically nothing.

It's just a power cable.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Mithaldu posted:

As Lemon Curdistan says, i wasn't expecting your country to have one, but if you're in Portugal, i'm pretty sure amazon.es is uniquely equipped to deliver to your location.

So does Amazon UK, which is where I ordered mine. I thought you meant getting it from a local Amazon to speed up the process, which is why I replied with "there isn't one".

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I finally used the maximum level super attack on Bhikkhuni and I was pleasantly surprised at the way they animated those attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC64oku39I

Manpakumaru is freaking adorable :3:

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I finally used the maximum level super attack on Bhikkhuni and I was pleasantly surprised at the way they animated those attacks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABC64oku39I

Manpakumaru is freaking adorable :3:

D_T, I wish you talked about literally anything else, because I hate that your posts have become general white noise. I know you play video games. Play good video games, and join us in talks about video games.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

DT's posts are honestly probably among the best posts in this thread.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Junpei Hyde posted:

He enthusiastically posts something about Takaki games almost exclusively and then vanishes. I think the only games he has ever *mentioned* outside of SK, VD, and Uppers are Life is Strange and Godzilla.

I wanna talk about cool games like Warriors stuff and other neat anime things, but he seemingly has no interest. He is my Moriarty now or some poo poo, I dunno. I just get so confused by him!!!!!!!

e: i think i'm the kate beaton nemesis comic

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

here, i'll figure it out for you: he's posting about video games he likes

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

why is this so hard for you lunatics to understand

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

it is not possible to like video games

you of all people know this

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

why is this so hard for you lunatics to understand

They just can't accept one man's simple love for a titty game.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Here's a post about good video games:

Finally got around to getting Trails of Cold Steel, and it feels pretty nice so far. I only just beat the opening dungeon thing, but I still really enjoy this combat system, even though the lack of grid is a little off-putting at first. That said, a few of these characters are really insufferable right off the bat, and opening the game with a "boy and girl fall down, girl lands on boy, girl gets mad at boy forever" bit is incredibly stupid, and I can't wait to play an anime game that doesn't have that in it.

On buying the Lionheart Edition from Amazon Warehouse: The cover and first few pages of the art book at bent about a half-inch from the edge, and there's some small scuffs on the front and back cover, but it's otherwise in decent condition. The pin is nice, but I was kinda hoping it'd at least be a cheap metal rather than thick plastic, but whatever. The big box is really good, though, and honestly a lot better than I was expecting. Got it for barely more than the base game on it's own, and feel it was worth it.

Namaste
May 5, 2007
good news for people who love bald news

Junpei Hyde posted:

He is a man that has embraced the Vita at its core. The rest of us still cling to our Western indies and our less-than-completely-anime games, but DT is neck-deep in anime titties and panty shots and loving it.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
my friend endorph is a cool person who likes many video games

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SpacePig posted:

That said, a few of these characters are really insufferable right off the bat, and opening the game with a "boy and girl fall down, girl lands on boy, girl gets mad at boy forever" bit is incredibly stupid, and I can't wait to play an anime game that doesn't have that in it.
that bit was cool because alisa realizes she was being a dick about it like two hours into the game and apologizes to him

and i can name several thousand anime games without that in it

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It's just weird how narrow DT's taste in video games are

I mean he clearly likes beat em ups and there are much better ones than Senran Kagura

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he likes senran kagura the most

for instance, my favorite video game of all time is tales of xillia, and there are way better jrpgs than tales of xillia

frankly there are better tales of games than tales of xillia

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Endorph posted:

he likes senran kagura the most

Not anymore, he doesn't.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
I wouldn't mind d_t if he talked about nearly anything else on occasion. He comes across like one of those militant vegans that just has to talk to you about his new kale cleanse diet except his veganism is tittyism and his kale is hometown.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lol @ all these people who are insanely mad that a dude likes vita games in the vita thread

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

would you rather we have the 72nd 'which persona 4 girl is best' debate

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

I'm not mad. I'm just... disappointed.

Also, Yukiko.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Endorph posted:

would you rather we have the 72nd 'which persona 4 girl is best' debate

its chie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

kharaa posted:

I wouldn't mind d_t if he talked about nearly anything else on occasion. He comes across like one of those militant vegans that just has to talk to you about his new kale cleanse diet except his veganism is tittyism and his kale is hometown.

all it looks like he ever does is talk about something he thinks is neat and posts a video to show it, he's not particularly obnoxious about it