Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Is that it? No bloodshed other then the moron who double dog dared cops to shoot him and literally forced their hand. Sigh. See you next revolution.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

interwhat
Jul 23, 2005

it's kickin in dude
Anyone else feeling that nagging "I'm embarrassed for you" feeling right now?

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
Feds should've bombed the place while they had the chance. I can remember someone else who got drunk one day and declared revolution and was simply arrested...

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

interwhat posted:

Anyone else feeling that nagging "I'm embarrassed for you" feeling right now?

Clearly "death before dishonour" is not their motto.

This reporter seems to have the scoop on the surrender and says the FBI gave them an hour to come out.

https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692514221628719105

https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692514840653512704

https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692513833592709120

Lolie has issued a correction as of 02:13 on Jan 28, 2016

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Bombadilillo posted:

Is that it? No bloodshed other then the moron who double dog dared cops to shoot him and literally forced their hand. Sigh. See you next revolution.

The liberty tree demands blood

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

The Sphinxster posted:

The liberty tree demands blood

But not mine coz Carole-anne would be mad I'm not home in time to gut the deer and dig another out house.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Bombadilillo posted:

They just keep rolling around.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
*wipes windshield mournfully*

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692516180100304898

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Is David Fry playing world of tanks in heaven yet?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Lol terrorist drama

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
turns out tarp guy apparently had cancer

I guess he wanted to die a warrior's death instead of laying in bed

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

edit: ^^ delicious

happyhippy posted:

But not mine coz Carole-anne would be mad I'm not home in time to gut the deer and dig another out house.

The best thing about this whole dumb thing is these whiny crackers already consider themselves martyrs so this jackass getting himself killed doesn't actually add up to much.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

The Sphinxster posted:

The best thing about this whole dumb thing is these whiny crackers already consider themselves martyrs so this jackass getting himself killed doesn't actually add up to much.

He didn't want to spend months slowly dying of cancer

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Bernie is going blind? Not voting for him.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692517384985313280

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

The Sphinxster posted:

edit: ^^ delicious

what the hell is wrong with some of you people

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Hot Karl Marx posted:

what the hell is wrong with some of you people

I do feel bad for the LEO that this unconscionable idiot forced to kill him.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Honestly I think this whole thing was staged so they could give one hell of a send off to their friend. :unsmith:

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
https://twitter.com/gordonrfriedman/status/692518270423961602

BYO tarps.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
LAVOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
JENKKKKKKKKKKINS

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
The Tarp was the glue that held them together

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
if they don't shoot at least one redneck tonight I am disappointed in the new world order

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

The Sphinxster posted:

I do feel bad for the LEO that this unconscionable idiot forced to kill him.

Seriously, yeah. The local sheriff looked pretty shaken by the whole situation.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if they don't shoot at least one redneck tonight I am disappointed in the new world order

You know that the term redneck extends to those of other races and nationalities.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tarps can't stop fed bullets

Novo
May 13, 2003

Stercorem pro cerebro habes
Soiled Meat
so let me get this straight, even though the original "protestors" are now in custody, there will still be a standoff with the "me-too" idiots who showed up basically just in time to be told they have an hour to surrender?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

come on, US govt, if you can bomb weddings you can bomb vigils

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

so like 8 people left in the refuge?

powerofrecall
Jun 26, 2009

by R. Guyovich

The Taint Reaper posted:

You know that the term redneck extends to those of other races and nationalities.

where did he assert otherwise? you arguing these guys aren't rednecks?

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
That Cancer, The Federal Government

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

The Taint Reaper posted:

look if there aint a dead mother fucker wearing a cowboy hat by midnight I am gonna be pissed

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Novo posted:

so let me get this straight, even though the original "protestors" are now in custody, there will still be a standoff with the "me-too" idiots who showed up basically just in time to be told they have an hour to surrender?

No. These are people who haven't left the refuge. None of the "reinforcements" who were supposedly on their way after the arrests were able to get through. Since the arrests a few people who dug in for a last stand thought better of it and ended up leaving. Some of them left before the 4am deadline but there are unconfirmed reports that the guy who owns the horse has left since then.

Blaine Cooper left without being arrested, and that was after Bundy and Co were taken into custody.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Sorry if this is old news

quote:

"I'm asking the federal government to allow the people at the refuge to go home without being prosecuted," Bundy said in a statement read by his lawyer, Mike Arnold, outside court. "To those at the refuge, I love you. Let us take this fight from here. Please stand down. Please stand down. Go home and hug your families."

Man, the loving balls on this guy.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

I've been gone for about 5 hours, did they finally storm the compound and murder/arrest all the fat rednecks?

old beast lunatic
Nov 3, 2004

by Hand Knit
Nah sorry ammo Bundy if there isn't blood there better be federal prison. gently caress you.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm asking the federal government to let me rob banks with impunity if no one is hurt by violence.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cowman posted:

I've been gone for about 5 hours, did they finally storm the compound and murder/arrest all the fat rednecks?

Nobody knows, because the lamestream media isn't willing to take 5 minutes from election coverage to go check on them.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

The Sphinxster posted:

gotta start working on that good guy image for the jury so he'll still have a chance at parole after his life sentence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

The Sphinxster posted:

I don't really think it's balls. I think it's a last ditch effort by law enforcement to get people to talk these guys out. One of the III%ers made a similar plea.

The problem is that the guys still at the refuge decided they weren't going to listen to anything from outside, so even if they are aware of these pleas they're going to see them "coerced".

Robo Reagan posted:

gotta start working on that good guy image for the jury so he'll still have a chance at parole after his life sentence

Maximum sentence for the charges they're currently facing is 6 years and $1000 fine according to earlier reports on Twitter which cited the legislation.