Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
For awhile those of us have been playing dragons dogma and I got dragons prophet and dragons dogma confused

I kept singing dragons dogma though like the chorus in the song and now everyone in mumble has it stuck in their head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Third World Reggin posted:

For awhile those of us have been playing dragons dogma and I got dragons prophet and dragons dogma confused

I kept singing dragons dogma though like the chorus in the song and now everyone in mumble has it stuck in their head

That's a different bad korean mmo.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope

Ditto.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Looks too well written to be a chinagame.exe, what are you trying to pull?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
Naughty Animal!

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

trip report

bad pokemon game, generic, but lol the berserker gets a skill to run his shoulder into the enemy. The less health the beserker has, the more damage it does. He can also use it on allies to speed up their casting.

Shalhavet
Dec 10, 2010

This post is terrible
Doctor Rope
Assassin is some weird cross of tangmen and emei? Has a <30% execution type thing. Game has flying skills.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Looks like a piece of poo poo.

Not even chinagame 0.5

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Did you read that sister?
Yes, truly a shitposter's post. I read it, Rem.

trip report

bad pokemon game, generic, but lol the berserker gets a skill to run his shoulder into the enemy. The less health the beserker has, the more damage it does. He can also use it on allies to speed up their casting.

Shalhavet posted:

Assassin is some weird cross of tangmen and emei? Has a <30% execution type thing. Game has flying skills.

What the gently caress are you nerds even talking about?

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Age of Wushu

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

SweetBro posted:

What the gently caress are you nerds even talking about?

:hurr:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

what does a bookshelf look like

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

what does a bookshelf look like

malhavok
Jan 18, 2013
So in the last couple days i've tried Swordsman online and Blade and Soul. Both loving blow and made me miss doing tai chi with my wushu bros. Is king of wushu coming out in the US any time soon?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

king of wushu is a moba and will be horrible

the release date is unknown

swordsman is really bad but we enjoyed playing with friends

moon light blade and black desert are the closest games coming out where you can gently caress with people

blade and soul is a horrible game where you are in a wuxia movie

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
Swordman's arena was really fun but the rest of the game was bad. I considered playing it recently since leveling and gearing up is much easier now, but the game is still riddled with bugs and barely has any players.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
The main fun thing about Swordsman is that there's a class that uses guns and rockets and bombs and stuff.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

blade and soul is a horrible game where you are in a wuxia movie

I'd say it's a mediocre game with a few bad leveling zones halfway through. I like the PvP combat though.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SKrddFv0js

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Hell yes, I can't wait to be Kung-fu Superman in this awful game.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CY46F2GL6xw

Fishing,
Underwater Exploration,
Horse Racing,
Double Saddles (that dont cost 50 Ding to buy in RNG game?),
Love Interactions,
New Flying,
Finished up Personal Housing.

Looks like a solid the SIMS China Patch to me

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

holy poo poo that fishing pole

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

It's like they made an expansion just for you. Ride around on a horse with your bestie making goofy faces while you go fishing.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Have you hear, is this getting an English release at any point?

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

I gotta admit, those flying skills look pretty cool.

How do they control? Do you actually get to fly around where ever you want and poo poo like a jet fighter, or is it the retarded Blade And Souls/WoW, jump from node 1 to node 2.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

SweetBro posted:

I gotta admit, those flying skills look pretty cool.

How do they control? Do you actually get to fly around where ever you want and poo poo like a jet fighter, or is it the retarded Blade And Souls/WoW, jump from node 1 to node 2.

They play more like age of wushu where you just went where ever and did what ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6_aVHkwdO8

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

They play more like age of wushu where you just went where ever and did what ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6_aVHkwdO8

So it looks all fine and dandy in the video, but the reality is that the vast majority of the flying skills completely break and bug out 90% of the time, and the ones that are actually useful are a massive pain in the rear end to get and require constant grinding of a low level instance that's so mundane and overdone that you want to blow your brains out after you've run it for the 90th time and you still haven't gotten the drop?

And it's also restricted by a rapidly depleting and slow to recharge meter?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Oh getting the flying skills is no where as bad as wushu which was that last video. I think you just gain then naturally in moonlight. It has been awhile. I am not sure about the new flying skills.

If I remember right, in moonlight blade, your sprint, flying skills, and dodge all share the same bar. Your Breath bar. There are ways to get that back faster later on, and the new flying skills probably still take that bar.

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

Oh getting the flying skills is no where as bad as wushu which was that last video. I think you just gain then naturally in moonlight. It has been awhile. I am not sure about the new flying skills.

If I remember right, in moonlight blade, your sprint, flying skills, and dodge all share the same bar. Your Breath bar. There are ways to get that back faster later on, and the new flying skills probably still take that bar.

It bothers me that you didn't address the point of whether they actually work correctly most of the time.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

haha sorry

when I was playing on the CN version of moonlight, they worked unless I had stupid high ping during CN prime time

SweetBro
May 12, 2014

haha sorry

when I was playing on the CN version of moonlight, they worked unless I had stupid high ping during CN prime time

Sounds surprisingly promising. I guess I'll have to wait around for Chinagame 3.0 to get released in freedom land, hopefully not under Snail USA.

Natalie_Luna
Jun 18, 2013

SweetBro posted:

Sounds surprisingly promising. I guess I'll have to wait around for Chinagame 3.0 to get released in freedom land, hopefully not under Snail USA.

Tis an okay game, I have not played myself much since coming back to the States due to the ping and disconnects really annoying the hell out of me, I very much doubt they'd license it to their direct competitor, though im not sure if Nexon is such a great pick either, they do it in korea so might be likely theyll do it here...

Liberatore
Nov 16, 2010

Would you like
to know more?

When (that's no) moon hits this guy like a big Twi'lek guy: Liberatore!
I don't think Snail Games is considered a competitor to anyone. But Nexon is awful so as far as publishers go, the game is hosed either way.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

haha sorry

Even with the high ping I think always had no problems using all the aerial moves.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Think they were holding off on the NA roadshow to watch Black Desert/Blade&Soul flop so they could swoop in and pull the "look at our game doing something different" card?

Seriously, what the gently caress happened to the NA roadshow?

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 17, 2016

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

tencent is making a monster hunter mmo as well

ANIME IS BACK BABY
also there's no english patch for the client and I can't read chinese so I feel like I'm playing wushu again

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
That is a very large gun, I'll give it that.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...
gun lance

lance with a gun in it

stab stab pow pow pow stab pow

actually they nerfed the backhop from other monhun titles in its evasion arsenal so now I'm rocking hammers because hammers are sweet and come with a golfswing

kill all anime beavers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

Is it different from the last monhun mmo/pc game?