Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

sleepy.eyes posted:

I still regret nothing. Vaughn will be fine, we will be fine, everything will be fine. Make her head spin.

Will Dumpy be fine?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Znorelag
Oct 25, 2009
Make her head spin.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

On the one hand, cutting her out of the deal would be a very Fiona thing to do because she's been thievin' and conning for most of her life. On the other hand, I want to see her attempt to pull grandeur out of her rear end. Head Spin.

I will mourn Fiona's hat but as you can see, she gets a new snazzy black one in the future. Either way, her white hat was destined to be replaced. Hats come, hats go. GO GO GO GO GO!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe
You call it losing out on a companion; I call it keeping a gun (well, a dart-drone) out of Handsome Jack's hands. :colbert:

Anyway. Do a Head Spin.

SaltyMoose
Jan 4, 2013

no seriously stop
Alas poor Dumpy, we hardly know it.

Spin her like a record

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
I stand by our choice, though we should all pour one out for our lost homie.

Make her head spin

Lazy Gun
Apr 7, 2009
Fun Shoe
WE ARE GO FOR HEAD SPIN

Also, she looks better without the hat. Still love her delivery of that line, though.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
I wanna see more Fiona fast talk. Let's make her head spin.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.
Until you guys pointed out that the party member would have been a drone, I saw this:

GlyphGryph posted:

Holy poo poo, we lost Fiona's hat, Vaughn, and the new team member we were gonna pick up all in one episode.

And thought you were talking about Vaughn's death. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how Vaughn would become a team member. :v:

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Bravo posted:

Until you guys pointed out that the party member would have been a drone, I saw this:

And thought you were talking about Vaughn's death. I was racking my brain trying to figure out how Vaughn would become a team member. :v:

Vaughn's not dead.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

Meant to type Vasquez, freudian slip. :doh:

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
I also regret nothing, because I voted for Jack.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

JT Jag posted:

Cangelosi
Nov 17, 2004

"It's cute," he said to himself warily, "but it's not normal."

JT Jag posted:

Same here, though I am still at fault for not telling the difference between Jesper Kyd and Raison Varner.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Well, way back when, Rhys had his opportunity to blow August's mind - why not let Fiona have her chance to blow Vallory's? Make her head spin!

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
All four of them can be interpreted as violent/non-violent.

Blow his mind - shoot him in the head / amaze him with speechifying
Break his heart - the heart grab thing apparently / make him weep with a big sob story
Make her head spin - snap her neck / confuse her with fast-talking
Cut her out of the deal - knife, sword, axe, lasers...whatever it is, she's mincemeat / make her cronies turn on her or something

If there are any more of these, I imagine they'll be about the same level of "oooh, what's gonna happen if I pick this?" and a very strong reason to play this game at least twice. (I'm personally not sure how I could play it any less than three times.)

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Head spin sounds like the right choice to me. It worked last time. "But I like my hat" was worth the episode alone. I do not regret my decision at all. I don't care about an oddly convenient paralyze bot in a room full of murderbots.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

Fiona's a con artist, which means she's good at convincing people that something's in their best interest. At least she should be, we haven't had much of a chance to see it. Anyway, I think it'll play to her talents to make her head spin.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
...Dang. That escalated quickly.

Spin her head, before she puts a round in ours.

Fire Storm
Aug 8, 2004

what's the point of life
if there are no sexborgs?
Make her head spin. Cutting her out seems like a Bad Idea.

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Make her head spin. I get the feeling that this is another one of those "tall tale" moments like with "break his heart/blow his mind", and this one sounds more fun.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Votes are closed! Let's look at the results...

Cut her out of the deal - 4
Make her head spin - 33

:stare:

That wasn't even remotely close.

As a surprise and to make up for how long it took the last video to come out, I took a gamble that head-spinning would win once I saw the votes start coming in and I happen to have a new video ready!

Advance warning:
Due to the song in the title card, this video might not be playable on mobile phones, video game consoles, or set-top boxes. Apologies to those affected by this, but I'm definitely not going to remove the song.

As it is most of the time, new video, :siren:NEW VOTE!!:siren:

AI Jack is really opening up to us here. Seems like he just wants to work together...? I guess it could always be part of a longer con, though I can't imagine he'll be very happy with you if you turn him down even more. What do you think? Do you him and Rhys could be partners... for now? Or do you want to make it clear that you don't trust him?

Voting ends Saturday at 6PM Eastern.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Gortys is voiced by Ashley Johnson, known for playing Terra in Teen Titans and Gwen in Ben 10 from the second series on.

Gortys is also the best. Athena is also also the best. Everyone's the best. :3:

Also, as you can imagine, the intro is slightly different if you choose to trust Jack. It's also a really good title card, as usual.

http://polsy.org.uk/play/yt/?vurl=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DWp1xT92zoRk

Anyway, after seeing what trusting Fiona got us, we should probably give Jack a chance.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012
I think we can trust Jack. He's far too distracted by fourth-wall breaking UI to kill us horribly at the moment!
Partner up

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Now that we've finally got a good look at the Scooter Special in all its glory I think we can all agree the price was worth it.

tlarn
Mar 1, 2013

You see,
God doesn't help little frogs.

He helps people like me.
We're partners. Like he said, being a mass-murderer isn't that big a deal on Pandora; turns out you have to kill a lot of creatures, monsters, mercenaries, bandits, robots, extraplanar beings, zombies, and old people to get anywhere or any thing on this planet.

Also Gortys is hella reminding me of Space Dandy's QT, it's great. :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DaQzHp3sew

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
Gortys! :3:

It's been said and it'll be said again, but I really like the title cards in this game. It having two versions reflecting your choice on Ep.2 is pretty awesome as well.
Only bad thing about this one is that I knew the song (The Rapture - Pieces of the People We Love, from the fantastic album of the same name) so I didn't get to discover a great new song. :v:

Treuan
Jun 30, 2011

Go have some COFFEE with CREAM or something! Because I'll tell you something! This is a happy place!
Finally, I can live out my erotic fantasy of being partners with Jack!

... wait

Felinoid
Mar 8, 2009

Marginally better than Shepard's dancing. 2/10
Loved the storm-out. Gortys is indeed too cute to handle. :3:

Also we should totally be partners with Jack. GROUP HUG! Oh right, incorporeal. It must suck to be a hologram.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Gortys :allears:

I vote we partner up with Jack. Not trusting Jack caught us Fiona's hat last time, who knows what other tragedies await us if we don't trust him this time?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
We are partners. Let's not make the same mistake of not trusting Jack when he really could have helped us again.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

The cutest robot in all the land! Gortys is great, especially her interactions with Loader Bot.

Extremely minor thing: If you don't go to Hollow Point to meet up with the girls or you just forget to ask for Rhys' shoe back, Fiona finally gives him his boot back in this opening sequence. By throwing it at his head while he's driving.

What Jack says is interesting. When we first spoke to Jack way back at the start of episode 2, Jack didn't know he was dead. It's never made clear in the game just where AI Jack's memories cut off at (though we will get some hints on that later) but he obviously doesn't remember dying. So while his statement about getting shot in the sternum is a shockingly accurate description of what happened, it's only him guessing. Even in his attempts to make friends with Rhys, he's still lying to him.

At any rate, I vote we partner up for now if only to keep the peace. Regardless of how you guys feel about actually trusting Jack, telling him you're willing to play nice isn't the same as actually doing so when the chips are down. We don't need to be giving Jack reasons to get (more) belligerent when he still has control of Rhys' robot arm.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

CuwiKhons posted:

What Jack says is interesting. When we first spoke to Jack way back at the start of episode 2, Jack didn't know he was dead. It's never made clear in the game just where AI Jack's memories cut off at (though we will get some hints on that later) but he obviously doesn't remember dying. So while his statement about getting shot in the sternum is a shockingly accurate description of what happened, it's only him guessing.
Yeah, I'm not sure if the fact that AI Jack would not know how he died slipped the writers' mind, or if Jack was actually referencing the late Vasquez (but then why the "it hurts" bit?).

sleepy.eyes
Sep 14, 2007

Like a pig in a chute.
Partner up, for now. Even if we don't stay on the same side, there doesn't seem to be much harm to at least letting him think we are on the same side, for now. I agree that Gortys is just too adorable, when I saw the robot emerge I was scared of some kind of Claptrap-type thing and was taken by a great fear. Thank God I was wrong. This seems to be off to a promising start, I wonder when everything goes to hell...

Lost Season
Nov 28, 2013

Don't trust Jack. Whether or not Rhys is also a mass-murder, Jack is still a megalomaniac.

bman in 2288
Apr 21, 2010
gently caress off, Jack. I am a stubborn man, I still don't trust the sociopath. Also, now that we have Athena, we have even less reason to trust Jack. If Rhys starts making Jack-like decisions, she'll figure out something's up; she's not stupid. So we want Athena on our side on the off chance Jack tries something, she may have an idea of what to do.

And before anyone says anything, of course he'll try something, he's Handsome Jack.

Nth-ing Gortys's adorableness. It's too much, I want to hug her.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

When I first saw Gortys, I audibly gasped for like a minute.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Well, now that we know how hosed we are if we entirely depend on the non-brain-ghost parts of our team, I think we really don't have a choice but to partner up with Jack. Fiona's gonna get us killed at this rate otherwise.

Blastinus
Feb 28, 2010

Time to try my luck
:rolldice:
Crap.
You know, I'm not even mad that the game pulled the same unreliable narration trick on us again. That was still totally worth it. Of course, now you just know that the protagonists are going to do something genuinely awesome and the Stranger won't believe a word of it.

At this point, now that we're mostly free of murderous robots, I'd say partner with Jack. When there's a guy in your head who can turn your own hand on you, you kiiiiiinda don't want to make him angry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RickVoid
Oct 21, 2010
Hey Jack!

GET FUUUUUUUUUCKED

• Locked thread