Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Maaaaaan the king's voice sucks, and there's only like 3 distinct sound clips used.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.

You can find Ganondorf's Trident and Skull Kid movesets and winposes uploaded by the same youtuber that uploaded those videos as well.

SeANMcBAY posted:

The person that uploaded this says you can only get the characters and Ganondorf's trident weapon transferred to Wii U. Hopefully they offer the Wind Waker map as DLC and not have it be just 3DS exclusive.

They probably will, but both the Adventure Map and Wind Waker Rewards map will probably be heavily modified.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

......either the review policy is extremely strict and nothing has leaked or.... theres no groose.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Likely the latter.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwCNqKZmUtw

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder what A-Rank requirements are going to be for this. Given how few enemies are on-screen on the original 3DS, the numbers are going to have to be incredibly low, right? Unless it detects the New 3DS and just ups the numbers on that version.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

ChibiSoma posted:

I wonder what A-Rank requirements are going to be for this. Given how few enemies are on-screen on the original 3DS, the numbers are going to have to be incredibly low, right? Unless it detects the New 3DS and just ups the numbers on that version.

From what I've seen, missions like "Get 300 KOs" got their time limit doubled, so it's possible the A Rank time requirement was raised for Legends (among other changes).

Also, we have a new final boss for Legends!

quote:

It's Phantom Ganon.

This rocks! :allears:

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
Cutting corners lead to Lana's summoning gate not having summons anymore. it's just color orbs or some poo poo.

E: I just hope I can get a hold of the WiiU code easily.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlQ7GKi6ak4

Dizz fucked around with this message at 04:07 on Jan 28, 2016

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dizz posted:

Cutting corners lead to Lana's summoning gate not having summons anymore. it's just color orbs or some poo poo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlQ7GKi6ak4

I'm impressed you got this game running on a 3DS Nintendo but maybe you shouldn't have

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above
The important thing is that it still has the idol animations and the cucco. That's all I need.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

That's not my video.

E: rumor has it her argorak riding move is gone. I guess that was Nintendo's way of trying to battle the Rupee glitch? or maybe because jumping on an orb and riding it would have been dumb.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

ImpAtom posted:

I'm impressed you got this game running on a 3DS Nintendo but maybe you shouldn't have

On a New 3DS, it looks pretty good. On the OG 3DS, well...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J98CvVau4

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I'm glad my negativity was not wasted.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Unlucky7 posted:

On a New 3DS, it looks pretty good. On the OG 3DS, well...

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=y2J98CvVau4

Still looks pretty bad even on a New 3DS imo. So the game comes with a code and and doesn't connect to the Wii U version?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I, uh, think I'm gonna skip it and hope I can get a WiiU code off someone, that looks ropey as gently caress.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

I, uh, think I'm gonna skip it and hope I can get a WiiU code off someone, that looks ropey as gently caress.

That's why I was so apprehensive when I heard they were making it handheld. All those cutting corners to add in new characters and also making sure the game can handle the graphics was gonna make it look..... not good.

I guess if you don't get thrown off by that then the game is still fine.

I too will hope I can get a code somewhere.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I can't imagine that they won't eventually sell the Legends content as a separate DLC purchase.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

They probably will, but like 6 months later in hopes that people actually buy the 3DS version.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Now that the dust is starting to settle and we know exactly what new characters we're getting, I'd like to ask a serious question. Why do the Japanese hate Groose so much?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

His pomp wasn't strong enough.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

mabels big day posted:

Now that the dust is starting to settle and we know exactly what new characters we're getting, I'd like to ask a serious question. Why do the Japanese hate Groose so much?

They're just being spiteful because they know (think) we hate Tingle.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Tingle is the best character in this game and I'm sad that Legends mode doesn't revolve around him.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

I can't imagine that they won't eventually sell the Legends content as a separate DLC purchase.

We'll probably get the Wind Waker Adventure Map as DLC.

The Legend Mode scenarios are a bit more iffy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Folt The Bolt posted:

We'll probably get the Wind Waker Adventure Map as DLC.

The Legend Mode scenarios are a bit more iffy.

Well, I meant "legends content" as in "the stuff that would have been transferred over by the code". So characters, and I guess the adventure map? Glad to hear that's included.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

jivjov posted:

Well, I meant "legends content" as in "the stuff that would have been transferred over by the code". So characters, and I guess the adventure map? Glad to hear that's included.

No. You don't get the Wind Waker Adventure Map. Only the Legends characters and new weapon type. Most likely, I think we'll get the Wind Waker Adventure Map as paid DLC eventually, and the Legends characters & weapon type might be sold separately from that latter on as well.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

It'd be nice if we'd get the story content on wiiu as well.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

mabels big day posted:

I'd like to ask a serious question. Why do the Japanese hate Groose so much?

Game isn't long enough for the average [japanese or otherwise] person to get particularly invested in the very few scenes that exist to establish Groose's "character development", so he remains thought of as mostly annoying or even antagonistic in the face of the big players.

Basically he fucks up too big at the start of the game and doesn't spend enough time redeeming himself by jerking Link off :spergin:

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Junpei Hyde posted:

It'd be nice if we'd get the story content on wiiu as well.

The hopes to see Legends story content on the Wii U HW were dashed the moment we found out the Legends characters are treated as any other DLC character (i.e. not like Cia's group).

Alternatively, they were put in the bin much earlier when Twili Midna was confirmed to have a role in Linkle's story.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bummer. I was hoping for save transfers so there would be some reason to play the 3DS version. Making progress on the go sounds great but gently caress restarting the grind or using the 3DS version as your primary version.

Also I wish they'd port over the "switch between characters on the fly" feature but that's another pipe dream.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Level cap is down to 99 again, so if the "Rack up your KOs" missions still exist, it shouldn't take long to get your warriors up to shape, level-wise.

The real reason we're not going to see any Legends story scenarios is because of everything else besides playable characters/new weapons alters the game to such an extent it becomes it's own game.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

They're just being spiteful because they know (think) we hate Tingle.

They can put Tingle in all the games they want if it meant we could have Groose. :(

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I still wish this game had a legit rupee farming spot instead of having to fish for a lovely glitch that gives you enough rupees to get maybe a few measly levels on anyone above level 70

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I wish this game did not have the damage taken requirement on A-ranks, I legit would consider rebuying a "deluxe edition" that included only that change.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Tender Bender posted:

I wish this game did not have the damage taken requirement on A-ranks, I legit would consider rebuying a "deluxe edition" that included only that change.

That doesn't even bother me.

What bothers me is this:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe

Dizz posted:

What bothers me is this:

If I didn't have to worry so much about avoiding damage, I'd expect my times to improve significantly.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Dizz posted:

What bothers me is this:

fuckin' owned bitch

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

Alacron posted:

If I didn't have to worry so much about avoiding damage, I'd expect my times to improve significantly.

Fair enough, but honestly the enemies on that map aren't even bullshit. it's mostly Poes and they can be juggled easily.

The Baton just loving sucks damage wise.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Dizz posted:

Fair enough, but honestly the enemies on that map aren't even bullshit. it's mostly Poes and they can be juggled easily.

The Baton just loving sucks damage wise.

Actually it owns. Moreso than the Rapier at least.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

I like the rapier a little more since it's much better at clearing large groups. they both suck anyways.

This level 255 network Link is loving blocking my progress because I need to A rank that map and he won't go away!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Dizz posted:

I like the rapier a little more since it's much better at clearing large groups. they both suck anyways.

This level 255 network Link is loving blocking my progress because I need to A rank that map and he won't go away!

I like the Baton more because I find it to be better at killing officers (even multiples) and does about as well as the Rapier against large groups. Only thing I hold against the Baton is that a good part of the decent attacks will leave Zelda stationary.

Of course, the Dominion Rod is leagues better than both of them.

• Locked thread