Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Tiggum posted:

You can schedule a shutdown with the built-in task scheduler in Windows.

I can save a .bat file calling psshutdown to shut down in 3 hours. Double-click and go to bed.

New FWP (American edition) - I'm excited to only be responsible for $300 of a hospital stay billed at $1600. Thank God for employer provided health insurance.

Edit: whoops. It's $16,000 not $1,600.

Aleph Null has a new favorite as of 03:30 on Jan 22, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Don't know if this counts or not, but today I stupidly caused a needle infusion (where it pokes out the other side of the vein) in me at dialysis leaning over to pick something up on the floor. I'm now in a lot of pain applying ice and have to make up the lost treatment tomorrow morning on the other side of the county. sigh.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Got tired of pressing Skip for Yahoo Mail's Change Your Password message when signing in and decided to change it.

Now I'm stuck on this page re-entering my pass and unable to get into my emails.

Tried switching to it from an alternate email that displays just fine, but after clicking Add Account for the first I get stuck on the same page again.

loving Yahoo. No wonder everyone is on gmail.

MariusLecter has a new favorite as of 19:44 on Jan 22, 2016

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I'm trying to do a thing and it isn't working. I tried Googling for a solution and the only relevant website was a forum where people posted like insufferable idiots and that kept going offline every few minutes. After all that, the solution requires a 16GB USB, which I don't have. :negative:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 14:39 on Jan 23, 2016

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I swear to loving god if my relief is late AGAIN I may become homicidal.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Goddamnit this should really just be an edit to my last post but the Thing was meant to be done early today so I could spend the rest enjoying the result and it's now twenty to one AM. :smith:

AlphaKretin has a new favorite as of 15:29 on Jan 23, 2016

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

I managed to give myself a serious wound way up in my nasal cavity, so any time I sneeze or blow my nose it starts bleeding again.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

mobby_6kl posted:

My package from ebay arrived today but the postman only left a note because it didn't fit in the mailbox. The post office is closed now and I can't pick up my stuff until tomorrow morning :(

Of course it turned out to be just the item I needed the least right now, sent separately while everything else is still stuck somewhere on the way :argh:

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A coworker got a promotion and I think they deserve it. However, another coworker was in the running and he's going to be a real shithead when he finds out.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
I just washed a pair of pants that had a pack of gum and a flash drive in the pocket. I'm pretty sure I fished all the gum out of the washer but I'm not 100% certain. Also the flash drive belonged to my boss but I don't think he needed it.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Fashionable Jorts posted:

I managed to give myself a serious wound way up in my nasal cavity, so any time I sneeze or blow my nose it starts bleeding again.

Cut your nails before you pick your nose next time, dummy.

Tomorrow I have to spend three hours on a bus to get back to my uni town because the trains are hosed. Despite the fact that I will still be able to get home, I'm mad because I have to spend an extra hour travelling, and it's on a lovely bus, not on a more comfortable train.

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Inzombiac posted:

A coworker got a promotion and I think they deserve it. However, another coworker was in the running and he's going to be a real shithead when he finds out.

Meanwhile, I'm here as someone who didn't get promoted after 10 years of service while someone else who's been here maybe two months did. All the new girls seem to be getting promotions. I'm probably going to end up being a shithead but I'll at least direct it to the person who's actually made me angry.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
I dimmed the monitor on my computer and my cat somehow turned on a cheat code in the game I had on. I have no clue how to use or even turn on cheats in this game. Cat :catstare:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Cats are secretly computer masters,mine did a similar thing once, bringing out some feature of the browser I was using that I didn't know about and haven't recreated.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
The orange that I bought today is just too juicy. I can't eat it without looking like a slob.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
This is actually an ongoing thing, but Humble Bundle has been having a huge sale on games for the past two weeks and I apparently have no self control :negative: I was supposed to be saving to buy a treadmill...

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Malachite_Dragon posted:

This is actually an ongoing thing, but Humble Bundle has been having a huge sale on games for the past two weeks and I apparently have no self control :negative: I was supposed to be saving to buy a treadmill...

Don't buy a coat rack.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
I have an idea for a project I want to start, and I've even thought about the 3d model I want to do, AND I've found a base model that I can use as a starting point, but who would have thought 3d modeling was some hard poo poo to do?

I just want to make something neat dammit :negative:

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer
My job is sending me to Disney World for a week but I have to make my own reservations and if I have to listen once more to "It's a little world" stupid song I might kill someone

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

If only you could see what I've seen with your eyes

Sweet As Sin posted:

My job is sending me to Disney World for a week but I have to make my own reservations and if I have to listen once more to "It's a little world" stupid song I might kill someone

"It's a small world"

:goonsay:

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I have an idea for a project I want to start, and I've even thought about the 3d model I want to do, AND I've found a base model that I can use as a starting point, but who would have thought 3d modeling was some hard poo poo to do?

I just want to make something neat dammit :negative:

Ugh yes. And the videos online, even the paid ones, are hard to follow and there's no one to ask stupid questions to like if you had a teacher. I dunno how all the people I the 3D thread learned on their own.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

You think that's rough? I have to take a 20 minute plane ride tomorrow, spend a couple hours at a site and then and other 20 minute ride back. I may as well just drive :psyduck:

TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011
I was dumping noodles into some spaghetti sauce and dropped 1/4 onto the floor. I'm an idiot who jumped away from bubbling sauce. Now my pasta to sauce ratio is way the gently caress off.

Was going to give some to my son when he woke up from his nap but I don't feel like washing spaghetti sauce out of his curly rear end hair. Guess I'm making a different lunch for him. This spaghetti kinda sucks anyway.

Sweet As Sin
May 8, 2007

Hee-ho!!!

Grimey Drawer

nexus6 posted:

"It's a small world"

:goonsay:
Oh! I hate it so much I didn't even bother checking.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

TINY T-REX ARMS posted:

I was dumping noodles into some spaghetti sauce and dropped 1/4 onto the floor. I'm an idiot who jumped away from bubbling sauce. Now my pasta to sauce ratio is way the gently caress off.

Was going to give some to my son when he woke up from his nap but I don't feel like washing spaghetti sauce out of his curly rear end hair. Guess I'm making a different lunch for him. This spaghetti kinda sucks anyway.

If you read the lifehack thread, than you know what we're all thinking you should have done with that pasta.

My FWP: I have a pimple on my ear. Those always itch and demand attention, yet are super sensitive and hurt a lot more than the average acne. rassa frassa.

Vic Boss
Jan 19, 2007

:ocelot:
You're pretty good.
:ocelot:

TINY T-REX ARMS posted:

If your son is old enough to have curly rear end hair, then him getting spaghetti sauce in there is a bigger problem than you having to clean it.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
The office network has been down for half an hour. I have to use my own data to stream music while I sit at my desk doing nothing. I'm on a 10GB/month plan so I'm not going to run out, but streaming music over 4G drains the battery slightly faster than wifi which means I might have to charge my phone at some point this afternoon.

TINY T-REX ARMS
Feb 12, 2011

Choco1980 posted:

If you read the lifehack thread, than you know what we're all thinking you should have done with that pasta.

I gave him some and what do you know!

:( My dog was happy...

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'm so booooooooored!

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I think my new shower door got installed backwards but the I didn't have to pay for it, the landlord did, so...

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?
My socks slid down in my shoes halfway home but it was too windy and busy on the street to stop and sort them out properly.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My girlfriend just complained she didn't want to eat two slices of toast on the way to class because her hands would get cold along the way.

It's the first worldest of first world problems.

nexus6
Sep 2, 2011

I don't know if I have a curse or a terrible super power but I have to eat toast the moment it pops out the toaster otherwise it cools to room temperature in about 3 seconds.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

My flat gets really hot unless I open the windows, and there are some people down in the car park. I don't know if they can hear anything from my flat, but I can hear them quite clearly and I don't like it. It feels like people I don't know are just hanging around my house.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
My mom has mostly recovered from knee surgery but still can't do a lot. So when she said "we have to pull weeds this weekend," she means Cowslips has to pull weeds. So I did the entire yard yesterday. She didn't notice.

My friend has no time to hang out but has plenty of time to post The Best of Tumblr all over Facebook. Oh, and poo poo about being asexual and how no one understands how she is gray-rainbow-asexual.

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
I just moved into a trendy studio apartment downtown, and the internet is really spotty. The studio is really small and overpriced and doesn't have a real kitchen and I feel like a hipster when I describe it, but the worst part is the poo poo internet connection. I could probably get this fixed tomorrow because my utilities are included in the rent, which includes internet, but I want it nooooow.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

My mouth hurts from laughing/smiling too hard at something I found funny. Said thing is also one of two things I've recently discovered, enjoyed, and marathoned and neither are getting new seasons for months.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I got a replacement phone about a month ago, and it and my wifi don't work fantastic together. Like, the phone's internet is just fine on other connections, and things like my PC and Blu Ray run fine on the wifi, but stuff always loads slowly on the phone here in my apartment. ah well.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Thin Privilege posted:

I dimmed the monitor on my computer and my cat somehow turned on a cheat code in the game I had on. I have no clue how to use or even turn on cheats in this game. Cat :catstare:

My cat figured out that swiping the glowing lights on my PS4 would make it beep and shut down.

She quickly discovered doing this also got a reaction out of me. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Roro posted:

I quit out of my Animal Crossing town before it saved properly and lost a bunch of progress, including catching a rare fish and winning a fishing tourney. I was too sad to try again.

I just bought A New Leaf and a 2DS for my dad to play while he is in the hospital. He was still playing the old Wii one before he went in.