Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
poo poo poo poo i forgot

:frogsiren:A THING IS ON BUT I DON'T KNOW WHAT WHAT'S THE BET THEY DON'T SAY FOR AN HOUR:frogsiren:

Edit: Life During Wartime confirmed - a David Bowie special.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Jan 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
Life During Wartime January 13, 2016 (recording isn't long enough, may be wrong show - I've contacted them about it)

Drinking From Puddles January 13, 2016 (recording is right, and it's five hours long so it includes all of Life During Wartime)

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:16 on May 6, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's that time again! At 10 PM in Oregon, listen in here for high quality or here for low quality to enjoy the next bewildering episode of Doctor Zomb!

It's on in three hours and twenty minutes.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:THEY BETTER UPLOAD DITCH DIGGER, DOCTOR DEMENTO SHOWED UP AGAIN THIS YEAR:frogsiren:

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 21, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Doctor Zomb January 20, 2016

Ditch Digger January 20, 2016 starring an hour of special guest Doctor Demento!

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

At 10 PM in Oregon, listen in here for high quality or here for low quality to enjoy the next episode of Life During Wartime!

It's on in a little under two and three-quarter hours.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Just want to say that I appreciate you always archiving these for us, since I pretty much never remember to listen to it live

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:IT'S LIFE DURING WARTIME STARRING LIVE SPECIAL GUEST STEEL CHAINS:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Life During Wartime January 27, 2016 (non-automatic recording that's two hours long instead of five - if the end is cut off, the whole thing is included in the Drinking From Puddles recording)

Drinking From Puddles January 27, 2016

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.
Having worked in broadcasting, I don't think I'll ever understand why recording shows is hard for this station. I can give a pass to the website because of unpaid volunteers but recording isn't that hard.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's that time again! At 10 PM in Oregon, listen in here for high quality or here for low quality to enjoy the next bewildering episode of Doctor Zomb!

It's on an hour and fifty minutes!

chemosh6969 posted:

Having worked in broadcasting, I don't think I'll ever understand why recording shows is hard for this station. I can give a pass to the website because of unpaid volunteers but recording isn't that hard.

Usually it's automatic, which can have glitches, but the one I mentioned was hand made but could have missed some of the end - the previous show ran a little over into the next slot, and the recording seemed to have been made two hours long, possibly without checking whether anything was cut off. You can tell if a recording was non-automatically made by the '2' after 'episode.' instead of a '1' in the filename - these recordings tend to have download links right there on the page instead of needing to be found in in the page source.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Feb 4, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

poo poo i forgot again

:frogsiren:PROBABLE CERTAIN ZOMB:frogsiren:

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Feb 4, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Doctor Zomb February 3, 2016

Ditch Digger February 3, 2016

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

BiggerJ posted:

Usually it's automatic, which can have glitches, but the one I mentioned was hand made but could have missed some of the end - the previous show ran a little over into the next slot, and the recording seemed to have been made two hours long, possibly without checking whether anything was cut off. You can tell if a recording was non-automatically made by the '2' after 'episode.' instead of a '1' in the filename - these recordings tend to have download links right there on the page instead of needing to be found in in the page source.

Thanks for the info with filenames. There's about a dozen other shows I download and they're all usually messed up with 5 hour records or start/end times being hours off.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

At 10 PM in Oregon, listen in here for high quality or here for low quality to enjoy the next episode of Life During Wartime!

It's on in three and three-quarter hours.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:EVER LEAPT OFF THE STAGE INTO THE ARMS OF STRANGERS WEARING MOHAWKS? IT'S LIFE DURING WARTIME:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Life During Wartime February 10, 2016

Drinking From Puddles February 10, 2016

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 6, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

No Doctor Zomb or Ditch Digger this fortnight; instead, KBOO's 18th Annual Homelessness Marathon.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in five and three-quarter hours.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

poo poo, I forgot

Life During Wartime February 24, 2016

Drinking From Puddles February 24, 2016

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 05:14 on May 6, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in a little over three hours.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:WHAT HAPPENED TO ZEKE? WHAT ABOUT DAVE?:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Doctor Zomb March 2, 2016

Ditch Digger March 2, 2016

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 6, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in under two and a half hours.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

poo poo, i forgot

:frogsiren:IT'S LIFE DURING WARTIME STARRING DARK SLASH LIGHT:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Life During Wartime March 9, 2016

Drinking From Puddles March 9, 2016

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:52 on May 6, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

No Doctor Zomb today - instead, a special Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult related event. Ditch Digger is still on and in its second quarter - I'll link and archive the recording.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Black Sabbath and Blue Oyster Cult event March 16, 2016

The Ditch Digger recording failed (it's way too short); I bugged them about it.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 6, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in just over an hour.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Mar 24, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:IT'S LIFE DURING WARTIME STARRING THE BODY:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Life During Wartime starring The Body March 23, 2016

Drinking From Puddles March 23, 2016

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:51 on May 6, 2016

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in just under fifty minutes.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:DOCTOR ZOMB: DOING THINGS TO YOUR EARDRUMS YOU SHOULDN'T TELL YOUR PARENTS ABOUT, WITH SPECIAL GUEST JENNIFER ROBIN FROM FORMERLY PRECEDING SHOW NIGHT OF THE LIVING TONGUE:frogsiren:

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

Ended up with a bunch of stuff tonight:

Doctor Zomb March 30, 2016 (recording doesn't have the usual three extra hours - if the end is cut off, you can catch it at the start of the following show, Pandaemonium - and if you're interested in that, they manually upload every episode for download and streaming)

Ditch Digger March 30, 2016

Eric Isaacson and the most beautiful music ever made March 30, 2016 (first song is from previous show, and recording isn't extra long - if ending is cut off, catch it on More Reggae)

Shows I stumbled across in the process of finding the above (with 2s in the urls instead of 1s, which indicate possible cut-off endings but which also means they're not deleted from the KBOO.fm website after two weeks):

Sudden Radio Project (if ending of March 28 episode is cut off, see following show, Tiki Cha Cha Club)

The Union of Time Thieves

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 03:22 on May 6, 2016

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

It's a different station but if you like Doctor Zomb, you might like this too

quote:

On Friday night, April 1st from 8 to 10 pm, JPR's Rhythm & News Service will present this year's edition of Sleazy Listening with host Ed Polish. Prepare to hear musical treats by Bernie Sanders, Bill Cosby, Elvis, Tammy Faye Bakker, Buddy Hackett, Jayne Mansfield, Jimi Hendrix, Soupy Sales, Sarah Silverman and way too much more.

Sleazy Listening is an annual showcase of music perfect for an April Fool's Day. Resident bad music expert Ed Polish spent the last twelve months combing the world and the internet for an all-new collection of amazing(ly bad) songs to share with you this year. Be prepared for two hours of music that defies categorization.

Tune in: 89.1 FM or ijpr.org
Plus! tune in 1230 AM Friday morning 9 AM April 1st to hear Ed being interviewed on The Jefferson Exchange about Sleazy Listening and The Bad Film Society

http://ijpr.org/#stream/0

I'm not able to record it, so if someone else can, that'd be cool

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

IJPR's Sleazy Listening 2016 - Wayback link

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:42 on May 4, 2016

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:

BiggerJ posted:

IJPR's Sleazy Listening 2016

Wayback-compatible link - to those who don't know, I've been adding everything to the Wayback Machine since I first mentioned it.

Thanks! I've missed this show every year for at least a decade!

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

BiggerJ posted:

IJPR's Sleazy Listening 2016

Wayback-compatible link - to those who don't know, I've been adding everything to the Wayback Machine since I first mentioned it.

I really appreciate being able to listen these - thanks.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

It's on in seventy minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

:frogsiren:IT MAKES ME FEEL GOOD: IT'S LIFE DURING WARTIME:frogsiren: