Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Everyman
Jun 4, 2009
Attention Mushin goons, we have a couple of crafters able to make the coveted Moonwater Transformation Stones.

Mail 20 soulstones to either Quiz or Drunken Master for every transformation stone you want. Its a 24 hour craft so it'll take a day to get your stone sent to you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Dang that's sick. Thanks for the offer fellas.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Riftling posted:

Argument against buying outfits for real money. I got this from Blackram Narrows last night:

The shoulders clip the front of my face, the legs clip with each other, and it's not even centered on my character. I would have never bought it if it cost actual money. Some pubbies were in a copper-fed bidding war over it and I slapped down 30s on it after a few minutes. They apparently couldn't fathom that much money existed in the game (never mind dailies at 45 throw gold at you), and one person was so mad he left the dungeon before even getting his payout. I'll always remember that salt as long as I wear it.

and there will always be the people that will wear the Stinger costume forever because they spent hours killing some giant scorpion for assless chaps

How were they at Narrows and still too poor to afford a 30 silver bid? I just finished that weapon grind and have 75 silver left over thanks to marketing excess daily quest rewards and all the extra dumplings I got from dungeons and crafting.

Rainuwastaken
Oct 30, 2012

Another blue ribbon for Hecarim.

Unguided posted:

How were they at Narrows and still too poor to afford a 30 silver bid? I just finished that weapon grind and have 75 silver left over thanks to marketing excess daily quest rewards and all the extra dumplings I got from dungeons and crafting.

I just hit level 32 tonight and only have 45 silver to my name. Getting my items quickly means little dungeon spam, so I'm not making money off of people.

I haven't sold anything on the marketplace because I assume anything i can get my hands on is common enough to be worthless.

Karistar
Jan 5, 2012
Oh, we're finally making the switch to Blue? I'll finally be able to get some PVP dailies done as Sadagiri, which I had been ignoring ever since gangs of 45's turned up at Scorching Sands as well.

Guess who's now also going to be part of the problem there as well until Red finally sorts itself out

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN

Lemming posted:

You can get belts and bracelets by doing the Pohoran stuff, I have some

I'm pretty sure it's just belts from Poharan. Bracelets are in the next area I believe.

Haerc
Jan 2, 2011
I'm stuck on the masked hongmoon quest on my second character. I did what was required 20 times or so, but the quest never advanced past 1/3. I went through it fine on my BM, shrug.

Relogging worked, annoying.

Haerc fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jan 28, 2016

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

RPZip posted:

I'm pretty sure it's just belts from Poharan. Bracelets are in the next area I believe.

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Huh.

I haven't seen that drop, I'll keep an eye out now I guess. The upgradeable bracelet comes from the next area, at least.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
One thing that impressed me about the character creation: if I like how a character came out, I can save and load the looks when I make a new one, like I did when I remade my US server trial character on the EU server (let's hope the queues stop being this long).

More games with customizable character appearance need this feature.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Not being able to preview sealed weapons is so dumb. I just want a weapon that goes with my outfit :(

e:

radintorov posted:

One thing that impressed me about the character creation: if I like how a character came out, I can save and load the looks when I make a new one, like I did when I remade my US server trial character on the EU server (let's hope the queues stop being this long).

More games with customizable character appearance need this feature.

This, on the other hand is the best :3: I have two pages of saved characters already because I love character creators.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
It's amazing how many good names are still available because you can use multiple words.

I just made an assassin called Oil Massage. :v:

Didn't play one during the beta so time to give it a whirl.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Rafzakael posted:

right now poha needs a BM that can block-tank two tigers, so that's a thing

Summoner cat can handle the tigers just fine while someone else tanks Poh.

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
Since I never seem to be on when the people who can invite are, can I get reinvited back to the now blue goon clan on Mushin?

Name is Krombopulos Jin.

flirty dental hygienist
Jul 24, 2007

All aboard the knuckle train to FIST PLANET!!
Woah wait, can you transmog your weapon in this? Or are people just using the weapons that drop over the Hongmoon one?

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Polegrinder posted:

Woah wait, can you transmog your weapon in this? Or are people just using the weapons that drop over the Hongmoon one?

Manage weapon, the third tab (rightmost one) stick the weapon you want to trasmog in and it'll be consumed.

This transformation persists through breakthroughs

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

It is the only purpose of non-hongmoon non-breakthrough weapons. There are a lot of vestigial items in this game that make it really apparent that the hongmoon equipment wasn't there from the start, or if it was, it wasn't always BiS. Stuff like those rings you can buy for faction rep and such. I kinda dislike the hongmoon equipment system, it means only so very few items mean anything at all, and everything else is just fusion fodder.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Infinity Gaia posted:

It is the only purpose of non-hongmoon non-breakthrough weapons. There are a lot of vestigial items in this game that make it really apparent that the hongmoon equipment wasn't there from the start, or if it was, it wasn't always BiS. Stuff like those rings you can buy for faction rep and such. I kinda dislike the hongmoon equipment system, it means only so very few items mean anything at all, and everything else is just fusion fodder.

When you think about it though, most other game weapon upgrades are just "it has some more stats and maybe a new look". Which is exactly what evolving the weapon does in BnS.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

cathead posted:

When you think about it though, most other game weapon upgrades are just "it has some more stats and maybe a new look". Which is exactly what evolving the weapon does in BnS.

Well, if they just dropped weapon fusion tokens instead of weapons that would make more sense. There's nothing inherently wrong with sticking to a single weapon all game, and in some ways I like that kinda thing, but it's pretty obvious that it was added later and essentially replaced an entire existing gameplay system.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Clarste posted:

Well, if they just dropped weapon fusion tokens instead of weapons that would make more sense. There's nothing inherently wrong with sticking to a single weapon all game, and in some ways I like that kinda thing, but it's pretty obvious that it was added later and essentially replaced an entire existing gameplay system.

Yeah, the weapon evolution was always a thing but it used to be WAY more complicated, and there were multiple evolution paths that required you to get and level up/breakthrough different weapons and then feed one evolved one into the other to progress. At some point they streamlined it to just be one weapon path.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

KittyEmpress posted:

I got my blight axe on my first run. Should I be continuing to run it to try and get blight versions of all three accessories? I got a necklace and earring version, and I assume I should be upgrading my hongmoon accessories about as much as my weapon?

There's also an achievement that grants you a permanent 400 HP boost if you run that place 10 times, which I guess could be handy while leveling.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

cathead posted:

Summoner cat can handle the tigers just fine while someone else tanks Poh.

yeah, quiz and mash put me through the test on a premade poha run

i failed (because they kept running out of cat taunt :argh:)

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Stupid question but is there a way to actually watch the cutscenes in the purple dungeons when you run them? I'm guessing that's up to the party leader, but I don't even see the option to specifically request party lead or room name in the Cross Server Finder or anything like that. Guess I could do it on local server only?

LegionAreI
Nov 14, 2006
Lurk

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Stupid question but is there a way to actually watch the cutscenes in the purple dungeons when you run them? I'm guessing that's up to the party leader, but I don't even see the option to specifically request party lead or room name in the Cross Server Finder or anything like that. Guess I could do it on local server only?

That sure would be nice - ran into an FFXIV type situation where I was watching it thinking people would be nice but the boss was dead before I finished. Wish people would learn that cutscenes inside dungeons are dumb - even FFXIV figured that out and they're the king of cutscenes.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yuck, I figured at least if the leader was watching it everyone else would be stuck doing so.

What to do with unneeded purple Soul Shields and Weapons? I'm stuck looking for my Blight Gaunt currently, just salvage or use to power up my weapon after I do manage to get the gaunt?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Yuck, I figured at least if the leader was watching it everyone else would be stuck doing so.

What to do with unneeded purple Soul Shields and Weapons? I'm stuck looking for my Blight Gaunt currently, just salvage or use to power up my weapon after I do manage to get the gaunt?

Eventually the purple weapons/accessories require soul stones to fuse with your hongmoon stuff, at which point it's not worth it to use them, generally. Woodchipper.

UchihaHirou
Mar 8, 2007

Active Skill:
Solves all problems.
I just salvage purple soul shields that i'm not using. If they're already unsealed and its a stat I want, I would consider using them to empower my current soul shield. Weapons I would either save to feed or vendor.

Question: My premium from the Student bundle is running out tonight. Anyone non-premium know how long queues are like on Old Man Cho during NA EST Primetime?

shwag
Apr 23, 2008
Does anyone know if your damage to blackwyrm resets if you die or does it stay. Last night did one took forever because pubbies. And got no chest I didn't die but a few times and I was reading you have to do 1% of its health to get loot which I am almost sure I did if dying didn't reset it :(

Magile
May 20, 2008

shwag posted:

Does anyone know if your damage to blackwyrm resets if you die or does it stay. Last night did one took forever because pubbies. And got no chest I didn't die but a few times and I was reading you have to do 1% of its health to get loot which I am almost sure I did if dying didn't reset it :(

If you die and release (default button: 4), you lose all progress on Blackwyrm. You need to do roughly 2% damage to it (or so the rumours go) as an individual (group does not matter) in order to get credit. I've fought it from 60% to dead without dying or even falling to the ground and did not get credit since I wasn't hitting it enough.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor
I'm trying to figure out if Poharan is a Jin or an EXTREMELY small Gon.

Because her grandfather is like ten feet tall.

El Cid
Mar 17, 2005

What good is power when you're too wise to use it?
Grimey Drawer

Gearhead posted:

She is an anime.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Gearhead posted:

Well her character model is a Jin so as to whether that's ~canon~ who knows. She's probably just a mix of both and also just small on account of being a little girl.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I wish Gon could be assassins.

I would totally make a 10 foot tall muscular wall of assassination.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

KittyEmpress posted:

I wish Gon could be assassins.

I would totally make a 10 foot tall muscular wall of assassination.

Why be an assassin when you can be Zangief?

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
i wish lyns could be destroyers

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

I would play a Lyn Destroyer and a huge Gon Summoner or Assassin if they were available.

Instead I have a Lyn Summoner and a Gon Destroyer because lame.

Gearhead
Feb 13, 2007
The Metroid of Humor

cathead posted:

Well her character model is a Jin so as to whether that's ~canon~ who knows. She's probably just a mix of both and also just small on account of being a little girl.

The Blackram, in a funny way, seem to be some of the most honest and straightforward people IN this game.

Which is drat strange.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS
Limiting what races can be what classes is probably just a way to ensure races and classes are more equally distributed, and a means to get people to make new characters (thus prolonging their time playing the game) whenever races are suddenly allowed to play a class. For example, there was probably a large influx of players rolling Gon Forcemasters and Yun Kung-Fu Masters when those combinations were unlocked.

That's just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a reason other than aesthetics.

KittyEmpress
Dec 30, 2012

Jam Buddies

Gon are automatically the best force master race because again, 12 foot tall behemoth wizards.

I want all my quiet, quick classes to be Gon, and all my slow, strong classes to be Lyns. is that too hard to ask?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Slowpoke! posted:

Limiting what races can be what classes is probably just a way to ensure races and classes are more equally distributed, and a means to get people to make new characters (thus prolonging their time playing the game) whenever races are suddenly allowed to play a class. For example, there was probably a large influx of players rolling Gon Forcemasters and Yun Kung-Fu Masters when those combinations were unlocked.

That's just speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was a reason other than aesthetics.
Pretty sure the real reason is so they won't have to make all those extra animations, that's a shitload of work saved. Also, I don't really think they're too concerned about equally distributing races, especially if their mentality is anything like in TERA, where all the classes added after launch have only been available for the most popular races, in order of popularity (Reaper = Elin -> Gunner = High Elf/Castanic female -> Punchman = Human female).

• Locked thread