Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Rigged Death Trap posted:

It reveals he wasn't always who he is.
But eh it's sorta inconsequential.

Yeah pretty much, it's just a cool picture.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I've seen cooler.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

mabels big day posted:

I've seen cooler.

Oh yah?!?

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

i think the demon sword azudora has looks just like the hero slayer sword alicia has. the crossguard is the same. i bet azudora gave it to alicia's grandpa or something, and then he became peaceful azudora

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Regarding the naming stuff, there is no "right answer" (aside from the author specifically saying he wants a particular romanization). Both "Helck" and "Cless" would use the exact same katakana used in the comic. It depends upon which syllable has emphasis. if it's the "re" in "kuresu" (and it probably is, since that's how those things usually tend to work), then it is very likely that Cless/Kless is the most "accurate" way to write it. If it were the "ku", then it could be something like "Kuress" or "Kuless" or whatever that other poster said, but that's unlikely. As for Helck/Heruku, it is also very likely that the "ruku" part just represents an "lk/lck" when romanized. Because the Japanese characters used can't be single consonants (other than "n"), all romanized names that end in consonants like that will end with a "consonant-vowel" syllable in the Japanese. I think the original post about the naming stuff is a good example of little/incomplete knowledge leading to some wrong ideas.

I find it odd that the human angel folks can psychologically deal with the pain of being killed so frequently. I guess it's just part of the spell used that forces them to be able to deal with it, because normally you would have trouble killing yourself even if you knew you would be resurrected afterwards.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

mabels big day posted:

I've seen cooler.
Same.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

i think the demon sword azudora has looks just like the hero slayer sword alicia has. the crossguard is the same. i bet azudora gave it to alicia's grandpa or something, and then he became peaceful azudora

Azudora is Alicia's grandpa, he was so ready to trust Helck because she wrote to him about this huge buff guy she totally had the hots for.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Ytlaya posted:

normally you would have trouble killing yourself even if you knew you would be resurrected afterwards.

Nah, I saw this documentary about some groundhog, and that's not the case.

Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

Guys, Ura Sunday, the magazine that publishes Helck, has a competition to vote for which of their manga will get adapted into an anime. Helck was at number 4 during the voting period when this was reported on. Now, a year later when we all know about it, can we help it get to number 1 and get adapted?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-28/ura-sunday-lets-fans-vote-for-manga-to-get-anime-adaptation/.83787

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It's up against Mob Psycho 100 though.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Wait, isn't Mob already getting an anime?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

AnonSpore posted:

Wait, isn't Mob already getting an anime?

yes, Mob won one of the previous contest polls

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ccs posted:

Guys, Ura Sunday, the magazine that publishes Helck, has a competition to vote for which of their manga will get adapted into an anime. Helck was at number 4 during the voting period when this was reported on. Now, a year later when we all know about it, can we help it get to number 1 and get adapted?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-01-28/ura-sunday-lets-fans-vote-for-manga-to-get-anime-adaptation/.83787
  1. It's currently ranked No. 2
  2. People outside of Japan can't vote that I'm aware of

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

you can if you have a japanese IOS account (to get the app), or use a VPN to get the android version of the app.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Its going up against a lovely baki clone, and a crappy edgelord gore fest.
Helck should crush the competition.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

I can't wait for the mob 100 anime.

Linnaeus
Jan 2, 2013

Ccs posted:

I only recognize 2 of those names

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Seafood posted:

If dirty gaijins can have their very own ship waifu then they should also be able to vote!

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

It makes sense since there's no reason why humans would've developed a sword to slay heroes.

I wonder if the new sword Helck got from the shadow warrior will come in handy.

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
Rello translated a couple of the Omake chapters: http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/136646665/helck#p136692742

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

rello is a machine and tiny vamirio is adorable

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Tiny Vamirio waving a stick is unbearably good

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

Tiny Vamirio waving a stick is unbearably good

Yeah that chapters super duper dope.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

has rello not put any of the omake stuff he did on batoto? odd.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

has rello not put any of the omake stuff he did on batoto? odd.

This is the first time he's translated one

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

El Burbo posted:

oh! I thought he had done some in an earlier thread.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

El Burbo posted:

Technically the end part of the chapter where Alicia dies is the omake to Volume 5, I think.

It got bundled together though, which was pretty fitting.

Remilia
Jan 4, 2013

Lakbay posted:

Rello translated a couple of the Omake chapters: http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/136646665/helck#p136692742

Tiny Vamirio is pure :3:

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I binged through HELCK and

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

New chapter + Volume 3 omake

http://boards.4chan.org/a/thread/136869316/helck

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This is a really good manga. The story switched over from comedy to a more serious fantasy plotline perfectly. I really regret that I discovered this before it was finished because I really don't wait to have to play the waiting game for new chapters again. :(

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

This is a really good manga. The story switched over from comedy to a more serious fantasy plotline perfectly.

And it's still got plenty of great comedy, like all the scenes involving Piuy, Asuta's principled insistence on using spy gear despite her natural abilities surpassing the spy gear's functions, and the side-characters in both the human and demon armies pointing out Edil's obvious crush on Hyura.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah, there's still a ton of moments that had me laughing out loud even though it's transitioned into a more serious story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
So, exactly what is up with that Rafaed guy since Mikaros seems to treat him as an equal?

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

New chapter (but not omake) is out on Kissmanga - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Helck/Ch-061-002?id=263010

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
hey

so

helck is good

Ashtarath
Oct 11, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

hey

so

helck is good

yeah it is, really good infact

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

I've become a fan of this comic, and a big fan of Piuy! Thanks for introducing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

Nondevor posted:

I've become a fan of this comic, and a big fan of Piuy! Thanks for introducing it.

I thought he wasn't a bird, what the heck piuy?

• Locked thread