Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

I ask your forgiveness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashnjack
Jun 8, 2010

FUCK FLOWERS. JUST...FUCK 'EM.
That is the Gooniest thing I've seen in months. The fact that, even with the hat off, the Goon level didn't change is amazing. :allears:
God speed man.

ashnjack has a new favorite as of 01:46 on Jan 28, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

ashnjack posted:

That is the Gooniest thing I've seen in months. The fact that, even with the hat off, the Goon level didn't change is amazing.

I'm trimming that beard tomorrow, since I don't want it to be quite that neckbeardy when I get to NYC.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Well, I guess if you're gonna be a goon, be a goon all the way.

Cat's cute.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

yea but her name...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Arctic Baldwin posted:

yea but her name...

I knoooow. It's my parents. I just call her "Katten" (The Cat).

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

BigglesSWE posted:

Okay. People asked, nay, DEMANDED to have some hatty goodness. Oh yea of little faith...

Let's start with the feet....

A nice pair of Church, fine, expensive, footwear, but not what we're here for!

Oh dear! We don't see the eyes! How EDGY.

What is a hat pic without some needless posing. But is this really me? How can we tell!

Eh. Close enough.
Here's the deciding vote! With or without hat! Call in now!

Thank you for playing. Have a picture of my lovely lovely cat, Märtha-Louise!

I wanted to make a "i'm the __________ " joke but nah I'm not anything about this.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
That camera looks pretty nice, though.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Are you still gonna defend hats after you shave? You make it sound like you think you wouldn't look goony like that but clean-shaven.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Exactly as expected. I've been transported back to 2011. Top notch goon posting 5/5.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

Well, he made an effort.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
But the facial hair is the only thing saving you from some serious babyface.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

You look so much better without the hat.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I claim partial responsibility :allears:

Digirat posted:

You look so much better without the hat.

Agreed, which i think proves my point- for whatever reason, hats these days just don't look good on people, unless it's a wide-brimmed hat on a hot day, and even then that's only acceptable if you're in the Outback and are hunting galah or something.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Her arm looks really fuzzy.

She's a mammal.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

skander posted:

She's a mammal.

loving gross

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I think the camera and the hat are a good pair. Not a fan of that scarf in the mix though.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

mostlygray posted:

The most important thing about wearing a hat is that it is *not* part of your identity. You wear a hat because you want to wear a hat. Don't make fuss, don't "m'lady" people. Just wear a hat because it keeps the sun out of your eyes and you like it.
I wear a hat whenever I leave the house, unless it's both warm weather and night time. Hats protect the head and face from the weather. They keep the sun out of your eyes and from burning your ears (if your hair doesn't do that). They keep your head warm, your hair dry, and the rain out of your eyes. If you don't wear a hat you're an idiot.

On the other hand, a bunch of people on the internet have attached way more importance to hats than is warranted. There's the one group who think putting a hat on somehow makes them seem stylish and sophisticated, and as a response to that there's the other group who think that putting on a hat makes you a pathetic loser. Neither is true. And the vast majority of people have no real opinion about hats at all. Wear a fedora (or whatever sort of hat you're actually wearing that you inexplicably call a fedora) and most people won't give you a second glance. It's just a hat, people.

The hat distracts from the fact that you need a shave and a haircut. :shrug:

Slime posted:

But the facial hair is the only thing saving you from some serious babyface.
Still needs a trim though.

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

Bushmaori posted:

Shoes are dirty, coats can get crap on the furniture, I don't see what's bad about hats. If the apparent politeness comes from nowhere but tradition then isn't that just dumb?

Maybe I'm just jealous of hat wearers. My head's too fat to fit all the hats I've tried on :(.

Certain religions require you to keep your head covered when you go out. By insisting that you have to take off your hat in a bank, townhall, shop etc. you can hassle whole groups of people you don't like without directly being super racist. Modern hat rules flow from this. So when your teacher is making a big deal about taking your hat off, comparing her to Hitler is an apt metaphor.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Tracula posted:

One of my favorite quotes.
"Do you know what they call alternative medicine that works?
Medicine."

This post is from a long ways back, but it reminded me of this bit and I think it belongs in this thread

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhGuXCuDb1U

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

CommissarMega posted:

Agreed, which i think proves my point- for whatever reason, hats these days just don't look good on people, unless it's a wide-brimmed hat on a hot day, and even then that's only acceptable if you're in the Outback and are hunting galah or something.

I am an incredibly white white person with sensitive eyes, yet I try to go hiking in the mountains/foothills of Colorado where I live, so I do have a giant stupid old-lady straw sun hat that I wear. I know I look stupid but it helps me to exercise so I don't care.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

DorkusMalorkus posted:

I am an incredibly white white person with sensitive eyes, yet I try to go hiking in the mountains/foothills of Colorado where I live, so I do have a giant stupid old-lady straw sun hat that I wear. I know I look stupid but it helps me to exercise so I don't care.

A hat is perfectly acceptable for keeping the sun off you, even if it looks really dorky. Just like flip-flops are acceptable at the beach, they actually have a purpose there.

brotato
May 14, 2013

DorkusMalorkus posted:

Y'all never heard of sunglasses?

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

sunglasses that cover your entire head are called a welding helmet

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007

BigglesSWE posted:

Your hair is really long on top. You should drop the denial about your impending baldness.

I've been there.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
I think you should put that hat in a box for at least 30 years until you are old enoigh to get away with it. Think of it as a present from your younger self.

Get a beanie if you must, or a flat cap kinda thing coz I personally think those are the only acceptable hats for younger men . I like your cat! I wish mine drank from the tap like that.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I'm the depressed look on his face.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

brotato posted:

Y'all never heard of sunglasses?

Oh trust me it's giant stupid old lady hat plus giant sunglasses plus sunscreen and BINGO I am a horrible white person here I am.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

BigglesSWE posted:

Okay. People asked, nay, DEMANDED to have some hatty goodness. Oh yea of little faith...

What is a hat pic without some needless posing. But is this really me? How can we tell!

Eh. Close enough.

This is the type of dude who hits on a girl in his Intro to Psychology class, begs to eat her pussy on Facebook Messenger, then calls her a whore for not responding within twenty minutes.

This is the type of dude who corrects strangers' pronunciation in public.

Ol' conspicuously-reading-Hemingway-in-public lookin' rear end. Fedora-trenchcoat-faded jeans wearin' rear end. Sapiosexual lookin' rear end.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

BigglesSWE posted:

Main issue here is the lower half. Jeans + those shoes = super bad in combination with the coat/gloves/hat/scarf. Should ideally be dress shoes and pants to go with the top. Looks pretty goony right now but could be improved still.

Also, cute cat. :3: Props still for following through!

e: And :lol: at pointing out how expensive the shoes are and the brand.

Teriyaki Koinku has a new favorite as of 07:14 on Jan 28, 2016

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

Are beanies acceptable when it's fuckoff cold and you spun your own wool and had your mom knit them :ohdear:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Wear what you want, who cares :shrug:

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

are you gonna have your mom do EVERYTHING for you, you baby?

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

BigglesSWE posted:

Eh. Close enough.

Tbh, the hat doesn't look terrible but it also doesn't look good. The unevenly rolled-up but still baggy jeans gently caress up the outfit way, way more than the hat.

Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

LOVE LOVE SKELETON" 3="455545870 posted:

are you gonna have your mom do EVERYTHING for you, you baby?

At least my mom cares enough to teach me sweet old crafts :colbert:

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Rondette posted:

Get a beanie if you must, or a flat cap kinda thing coz I personally think those are the only acceptable hats for younger men.
What is with all these people recommending flat caps? Those are the quintessential old man hat.

poop dood posted:

This is the type of dude ...
Reading a lot into some unremarkable photos there.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Goons are all old men on the inside, even the lady goons.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Tiggum posted:

What is with all these people recommending flat caps? Those are the quintessential old man hat.

Reading a lot into some unremarkable photos there.

Honestly I nearly didn't put it, they're marginal. It think the rule is "under 50, no brim"

Bomrek
Oct 9, 2012

poop dood posted:

This is the type of dude who hits on a girl in his Intro to Psychology class, begs to eat her pussy on Facebook Messenger, then calls her a whore for not responding within twenty minutes.

Ol' conspicuously-reading-Hemingway-in-public lookin' rear end. Fedora-trenchcoat-faded jeans wearin' rear end. Sapiosexual lookin' rear end.

Oh jesus

You done caught yourself a softboy in the wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

poop dood posted:

I get we joke around but for the record:

This is 100% inaccurate.

• Locked thread