Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tae posted:

What part of "I'm still glad they're taking out that" did you not read

The part where you try to justify gross poo poo because it's just as worth reading as "well actually she's 3000 years old"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Tae posted:

What part of "I'm still glad they're taking out that" did you not read

I mean, it's just that's literally what slipping someone a mickey is.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Phantasium posted:

The part where you try to justify gross poo poo because it's just as worth reading as "well actually she's 3000 years old"

I'm not trying to justify it, I'm sorry that I want people to be clear what the actual, original stupid poo poo was instead of made-up tumbler version that resulted in gay conversion therapy.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I mean, it's just that's literally what slipping someone a mickey is.

So correct me, but you were implying the goal was to get her to date him. I'm just saying it wasn't. Still dumb of him because drugs are bad. The comparison would be that Pokemon episode when Ash turned into a Pokemon to communicate with Pikachu better.

Now I can't wait for the next guy to accuse me of supporting the creepy poo poo Liam wants in the game.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
roofies arent used to get people to date. theyre used to force someone to behave differently than they want to.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Dias posted:

Is this Char red or pink?

Some see this pokemon as blue and black, some see it as white and gold.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tae posted:

Now I can't wait for the next guy to accuse me of supporting the creepy poo poo Liam wants in the game.

Because most people don't care about cataloging the exact way in which the creepy thing is creepy, they just go "that's gross" and move on.

You know, because it doesn't matter. poo poo's still creepy.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
No one's 'accusing' you of poo poo dude, calm down.

I'm saying the chain was:

Dude Slips Girl Drugs Unknown To Her -> Girl's Personality/Emotions/Whatever The gently caress Is Altered -> Because Of Those Changes He Can Hit That -> Proceeds To Seek To Hit That

Like, what I'm saying is when Ash became a Pikachu there wasn't a dude Pikachu in the corner going 'oh man...I can gently caress that Pikachu' adding a layer of 'wait what' to an already dumb idea. You can have a more light hearted 'drugging' thing if you focus on 'I'm just trying to help' and all, but adding the 'oh and bee tee dubs now we can go for a romance because of the drugs you slipped me secretly' element turns it into bad times.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Phantasium posted:

Because most people don't care about cataloging the exact way in which the creepy thing is creepy, they just go "that's gross" and move on.

You know, because it doesn't matter. poo poo's still creepy.

Yeah, I agree. I'm not defending it. Like, holy gently caress.

sidenote: Pat is really bad at Resident Evil 0 if Dan Ryckert beat the same centipede boss with just a pistol and got hit once.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
To be fair if I remember right the real enemy in that bug boss is the camera.

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Phantasium posted:

They just [...] move on.

Clearly, you don't.

Can we please not have another shitfest in here? It's honestly quite tiring to watch all this finger-pointing.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

PiedPiper posted:

Some see this pokemon as blue and black, some see it as white and gold.

some even see it as diamond and pearl

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The difference is Dan Ryckert's gaming skills were kissed by his himself.

2 out of 5 Mario Party's under his belt, going on to 3

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Matt, do you have anything to say about potentially triggering the actual localization of one of the most famously unlicensed games in video game history

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Gross, they like Super Saiyan Naruto

Rody One Half fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Jan 27, 2016

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
It was fine except for the part where Sasuke survived

Edit: oh yeah that poo poo's dumb

Captain Baal fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Jan 27, 2016

PiedPiper
Jan 1, 2014

Rodyle posted:

I like your pre-edit post better, because it made me think of Nazi Naruto.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

WHO THE gently caress IS BILLY?

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

sirtommygunn posted:

WHO THE gently caress IS BILLY?

Unofficial Zaibatsu member:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndoC_6UzBZU

TheRealestMatt
Jun 27, 2014

The Boss. The CEO. The J-Cup Lover.

Captain Invictus posted:

Matt, do you have anything to say about potentially triggering the actual localization of one of the most famously unlicensed games in video game history

It needs to actually HAPPEN before I have something to say about it.

Really happy Devolver used my hashtag though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
when are you going to play fable: the lost chapters

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheRealestMatt posted:

It needs to actually HAPPEN before I have something to say about it.

Really happy Devolver used my hashtag though.
well yeah but your LP seems to have gotten the ball rolling or at least shown that there is interest in an english version. They could do a little touching up for the controls and mission statements, keep the original voicework in, and release it on steam easy peasy

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Devolver is pretty good at keeping the goofy poo poo in the games they help put out. Like all of the Serious Sam spinoffs.

I should really go back and play Second Encounter again. Any of the crew play SS? It seems like enough goofy poo poo for Matt and enough of a classic shooter that Pat would dig it.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

scary ghost dog posted:

when are you going to play fable: the lost chapters

Yes as mentioned the formula is Liam on stick, woolie and Matt commenting. Hopefully Matt and woolie can be drunk for this. But it's not a necessity. Pat can join, but I feel like it's not his cup of tea. Or gently caress it and do two playthroughs with a light character with a duo (Matt and Liam?) and a dark character with a duo (woolie and Pat). Alternate videos of each character you essentially have two different playthroughs for the price of one. The only problem with this method is I have no idea if the light/dark choices are as game-changing or distinct enough to warrant two playthroughs. Then again I'm not the fable scholar.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Or alternative they could not play that boring garbage

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Andrast posted:

Or alternative they could not play that boring garbage

You're not even wrong.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
Just make a supercut of people saying "Chicken Chase-ah!"

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

FauxGateau posted:

Yes as mentioned the formula is Liam on stick, woolie and Matt commenting. Hopefully Matt and woolie can be drunk for this. But it's not a necessity. Pat can join, but I feel like it's not his cup of tea. Or gently caress it and do two playthroughs with a light character with a duo (Matt and Liam?) and a dark character with a duo (woolie and Pat). Alternate videos of each character you essentially have two different playthroughs for the price of one. The only problem with this method is I have no idea if the light/dark choices are as game-changing or distinct enough to warrant two playthroughs. Then again I'm not the fable scholar.

im the fable scholar, and I just want them to play through the game once, low effort. its a hilarious and wonderful game imo even if it isnt, well, "good"

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I liked fable too, think i did everything there was to do in both games

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

scary ghost dog posted:

im the fable scholar, and I just want them to play through the game once, low effort. its a hilarious and wonderful game imo even if it isnt, well, "good"

Fable has a lot of weird charm, but also long stretches where not much happens, and it's long enough I don't think it could hold together for a full LP.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
The tipping forties LP of Fable 2 was super boring. I just don't think it's a very good game to LP or a very good game in general.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

cmykjester posted:

The tipping forties LP of Fable 2 was super boring. I just don't think it's a very good game to LP or a very good game in general.

But it also has 3 of the best T40s episodes ever with Big Love Part 1/2 immediately followed by Buzz Lightyear.

The lows of Fable are low, but the highs man. Fable 1 is less tedious than 2 also.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

2 was the worst Fable, I can hardly remember anything from it other than Reaver and the one huge monk lady, Sister Hammer or whatever.

1 and 3 were pretty fine though.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Captain Invictus posted:

well yeah but your LP seems to have gotten the ball rolling or at least shown that there is interest in an english version. They could do a little touching up for the controls and mission statements, keep the original voicework in, and release it on steam easy peasy

As someone who's worked in software development, I can say that nothing is "easy peasy".

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I know, I probably should have included finger quotes on the easy peasy

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

cmykjester posted:

fable 2 is garbage. b tier games were much more tolerable in the gamecube era. thats why fable owns

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Rodyle posted:

You mean Kurama Mode? I like it too.

Also my only thoughts on Fable are that Reaver is the worst character in video games. He feels like your D&D DM's favorite character that keeps "miraculously" evading all your party's attempts to kill him because the DM is convinced he's the coolest ever and actually you're just all loving tired of him already.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I used to hate on it but the Boruto movie gave it some really cool animation, so it's stupid but now that Naruto isn't the main character it's just like "oh yeah, when the space aliens fight Konoha the Hokage can just pop SSJ3 and get in his spirit mecha"

If it's any consolation for Pat, even after getting that pussy Sasuke seems disappointed and actively avoiding it.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Billy is my loving dude

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Farg posted:

I find it suspicious that every time gamers cry censorship it's a company choosing themselves to remove creepy sexualization from games

I wish there was an archive of this because I really draw a blank on dumb baby shitfits about games. I remember the Skullgirls thing and Bravely Default and them messing with the framing of Mika's ultra and that's it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Please don't.

EDIT: Umbrella's policies and hiding spots are way too funny.

HGH fucked around with this message at 11:58 on Jan 28, 2016