Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

This interview with Toriyama's pretty interesting and has some stuff that's fairly pertinent to Xibanya's analyses because he talks about the composition and design of the manga a bit.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/dragon-ball-super-history-book-akira-toriyama-interview/

I love how he mentions he'll never live down forgetting who Tao Pai Pai was in that interview with Oda.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
http://readms.com/r/dragon_ball_super/008/3194/1

Super chapter 8 out

SirDrone
Jul 23, 2013

I am so sick of these star wars

Justin_Brett posted:

I hope Frost just turns out to not have any transformations and can access all of his power whenever he wants, just to crap on Frieza even more.

I thought they kinda needed transformations to lower down their power for mundane daily day to day stuff other then exploding crap or fighting otherwise just going for a daily jog would probably rip the planet a new one.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can't wait to hear the anime's version of the space anthem

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's cool that Cabba has "Tsurime" styled eyes yet he's pretty placid and a nice seeming kid. That kind of eye style is generally for delinquent or misbehaving characters and plays nicely into Toriyama's desires to subvert expectation.

I wonder if he actually designed these characters himself or if they Super team did, because they're all pretty great designs (though I'm not a massive fan of Frost.)

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's cool that Cabba has "Tsurime" styled eyes yet he's pretty placid and a nice seeming kid. That kind of eye style is generally for delinquent or misbehaving characters and plays nicely into Toriyama's desires to subvert expectation.

I wonder if he actually designed these characters himself or if they Super team did, because they're all pretty great designs (though I'm not a massive fan of Frost.)

Before Super began, material outright said that Toriyama was working on the Universe 6 stuff, so all of these are likely Toriyama's own designs.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

"His defining trait is his nipples" is such a Toriyama thing that I'd be impressed if they had someone who could be that Toriyama but wasn't.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

SirDrone posted:

I thought they kinda needed transformations to lower down their power for mundane daily day to day stuff other then exploding crap or fighting otherwise just going for a daily jog would probably rip the planet a new one.

Has that been established? That's what Frieza used it for, but he didn't really know anything about how to properly train that sort of thing so it may just have been the easiest way for him to hold his power back. If Frost has trained, he might not need to transform even if he can.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Justin_Brett posted:

Has that been established? That's what Frieza used it for, but he didn't really know anything about how to properly train that sort of thing so it may just have been the easiest way for him to hold his power back. If Frost has trained, he might not need to transform even if he can.

Extremely powerful people will cause damage by accident unless restraining themselves somehow is a pretty firmly established thing. Super plays it up a lot more with Beerus blowing poo poo up by sneezing or Goku and Beerus almost destroying the universe just by punching too hard or whatever.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Justin_Brett posted:

You're thinking backwards. Freeza created transformations to keep his power back, yes, but they aren't his final form, it's exactly the opposite. His final form is his real form; the first, second and third are the actual transformations.

Frost looks exactly like first form Freeza, so we can assume that this is a form made to hold his power back. He'll likely have a form similar to Freeza's true/final form, and probably an ultimate evolution of some kind. Likely not gold.

And for whatever counts, Cooler seemed to have complete control over his own final form in his first movie, so it might be possible.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

ImpAtom posted:

Extremely powerful people will cause damage by accident unless restraining themselves somehow is a pretty firmly established thing. Super plays it up a lot more with Beerus blowing poo poo up by sneezing or Goku and Beerus almost destroying the universe just by punching too hard or whatever.

I meant more, has it been established whether ice aliens on Frieza's level would need to transform to restrain themselves, or could practice substitute?

Probably doesn't matter much though, since if Frost is in charge of the whole universe he has other uses for hiding his power.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Jan 28, 2016

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Guys guys guys guys GUYS GUYS (and gals)!

We are reading a tournament arc in a Dragon Ball manga. GET EXCITED

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
This was a fun chapter. I loved the faces.

Android 18 and Marin were so cute together.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I really don't see goku sweeping the whole tournament, so I wonder how he actually loses

maybe he'll ring out by accident or something

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

He won't lose

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

He'll probably gently caress up in a similar way as he did in RoF- he'll get too confident, let his guard go down, and then get knocked out of the ring.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
haha even Beerus stands attention at the Space Anthem. :911:

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Are you making GBS threads me Buu?

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

bobjr posted:

Buu made a good point though, it's pretty clear that Mr. Satan has been neglecting his education

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

buu failing a written exam is not at all surprising. it's a shame that he won't get to fight in the tournament tho because buu has fun powers

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

These fan translations with gratuitous 12-year old swearing never cease to amuse me.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Namtab posted:

He won't lose

He'll tie with the final guy, then tap out on purpose and give him a senzu bean.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Augus posted:

These fan translations with gratuitous 12-year old swearing never cease to amuse me.

The best part is that it's Piccolo they have swearing.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Someone please link to that image that had a bunch of Mangastream's Dragon Ball swears translation, thanks in advance.

Nothing's as funny as seeing Goku call his own son "that little poo poo" just for being too busy to go see him fight. Or attacking Freeza with what is translated as "you fool!" everywhere but here it's "YOU STUPID gently caress!".

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Blaze Dragon posted:

Someone please link to that image that had a bunch of Mangastream's Dragon Ball swears translation, thanks in advance.

Nothing's as funny as seeing Goku call his own son "that little poo poo" just for being too busy to go see him fight. Or attacking Freeza with what is translated as "you fool!" everywhere but here it's "YOU STUPID gently caress!".

I remember it just being "YOUUU FUUCK."

It was stupidly hilarious.

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.

bobjr posted:

Buu is canonically less educated than Goku. That's actually kind of incredible.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Buu was created for intergalactic genocide not solving word problems

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Blockhouse posted:

Buu was created for intergalactic genocide not solving word problems

Well, you could say the same about Vegeta and he passed the exam.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Vegeta presumably went to school!

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Launch has saved the day by teaching Goku how to read and do basic math way back when.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
also it's been pointed out that the line about buu even getting his name wrong is buu probably being unable to properly write the kanji for "majin"

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Buu is more of a man-child than Goku is. I bet he's a worse father.

Batmasterson
Dec 7, 2010

Bang Bang Bang
The way the tournament is set up, it makes sense. Finding out that it is fight till you lose pretty much knocks Buu out. Who ever beats Goku will beat the poo poo out of Piccolo, then Vegeta will win, then lose, then the nipples guy will fight and it will turn out hes absolutely terrible. Then Beerus will argue they get a 5th competitor and Gohan(lol)/ Gotenks (I wish) / someone else will step up and win. Or hell, maybe universe 6 will lose.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
nah after their 4th gets knocked out berrus will argue for goku to be brought in again and he'll win i'm guessing either cabbage or chilly willy is the final fighter.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Elfgames posted:

nah after their 4th gets knocked out berrus will argue for goku to be brought in again and he'll win i'm guessing either cabbage or chilly willy is the final fighter.

that is the lamest way this could end, yes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

that is the lamest way this could end, yes

Super Saiyans fighting is never lame

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Universe 7 is going to lose because Universe 6 is way safer and better and honestly Earth would be better off

Combat Lobster
Feb 18, 2013

SirKibbles posted:

Universe 7 is going to lose because Universe 6 is way safer and better and honestly Earth would be better off

For now...

Honestly, Goku's attraction to evil would be bad for universe 6.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Universe 7 will lose because Earth swapping to Universe 6 allows for more writing opportunities and future fun times.

• Locked thread